=LOST= Answers Questions

[center][img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/cybernations/images/8/82/EmpireflagVersion2JPEG.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][size="6"][font="Century Gothic"]League of Shadows Treaty Q&A[/font][/size][/center]

=LOST= welcomes all those gathered in these auspicious halls to ask questions about the state of our alliance, our goals, our aspirations, and our feelings on an eclectic assortment of topics. =LOST= Government will field these inquiries as they deem fit.

For the convenience of those gathered here, here is some useful basic information to get the proverbial ball rolling.

=LOST= Government

Emperor: Hombre de Murcielago
MoFA: Mandellav
MoIA: Devilyn Caster
MoW: Eratria
Chief Justice: Neo X

[url="http://z7.invisionfree.com/LOST1/index.php?"]=LOST= Forums[/url]

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance==LOST="]=LOST= Statistics[/url]

And for your viewing pleasure, our awesome graphic signatures:

[img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/6503/sigblock.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Shinpah' date='20 May 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1274377229' post='2305371']
Who are you guys? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/emot-v.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Maybe if you didn't drink so much you would remember us <_<

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='20 May 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1274377336' post='2305376']
What is the state of your alliance?[/quote]

As a whole, =LOST= is making good progress through economic growth. Our tech is up (thanks NPO ;) ) our ANS is on its way back to the 20k mark, and internal aid programs are boosting our smaller nations growth tremendously. Our July-December term elections are coming up, so expect to see some new faces around and some familiar ones in new spots ;)

[quote]What are your goals?[/quote]

Well, from an IA standpoint, my goals are:
500 nukes
20k+ ANS
2mil NS

[quote]What are your aspirations?[/quote]

To turn down at least [b]ONE[/b] merge offer from athens -_-

[quote]What do you think about NPO being out of terms?
[/quote]

While I was not active in CN politics till around the Karma War, I was rolled by them in noCB, and have had to rebuild a LOT of infra because of them. At the same time, I believe that the NPO today is not the same NPO from before. Sure, alot of the attitudes and conflicts and gudges still exist, but I have to say I have had good if not great interactions with current NPO members. I wish NPO the best of luck on their new path, thank them sincerely for the tech and the cash, and watch their stats skyrocket.

[quote name='Shinpah' date='20 May 2010 - 01:40 PM' timestamp='1274377229' post='2305371']
Who are you guys? [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/emot-v.gif[/img]
[/quote]

=LOST= is a Star Wars themed alliance and a founding signatory of CnG. We reside in the Aquarium. We have elections every six months for our top governmental positions. Our forums are amongst the worst in the cyberverse, but we have a community that can take the suffering inflicted upon their eyes. We've got some great friends and allies. We have a penchant for jokes about phalli (sp).

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='20 May 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1274377336' post='2305376']
What is the state of your alliance?

What are your goals?

What are your aspirations?

What do you think about NPO being out of terms?
[/quote]

Goals: To see the Athenian Scum burn and wilt under the constant pressure of Cold War.

Aspirations: To be the best Ballerinas we can be. Also, to get stronger, find more members, and become an elite alliance in terms of military wonders and average nation strength.

NPO: We wish them the best of luck on their future endeavors and hold no resentment toward them. The terms, we feel, were just. We hope for friendly competition in this brave new world.

[quote name='Mundokiir' date='20 May 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1274377586' post='2305379']
When is your series finale?
[/quote]

:gag:

[quote name='ktarthan' date='20 May 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1274377618' post='2305380']
Who made those amazing sig images and where can I get one?
[/quote]

I think Wargarden made them? If you want one, I guess you'd have to be elected to =LOST= government after a six month waiting period.

[quote name='Pomiell' date='20 May 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1274377653' post='2305382']
sigs need moar seam carving. esp jabba one.

where do you hope to be in 6 months?
[/quote]

Personally, I hope to be retiring from one six month term as Emperor of =LOST=. Under that leadership, I hope to attain the statistical goals that Devilyn Caster laid out in his response. I also wish to see =LOST= more well known around Planet Bob. I hope to still be in a strong CnG with even stronger friendships. I hope to still have all the treaties and friendships we have now with our allies in GOONS, Ronin, DiCE, and IAA.

[quote name='Corinan' date='20 May 2010 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1274378219' post='2305400']
Sup with the equal signs in your name? Never got that....
[/quote]

There was a time before I was in =LOST= when =LOST= was just LOS (League of Shadows) and the alliance was Aliens themed. The "T" for Treaty was added around the time of a charter change and the equal signs were added around then too. I always thought, and I have no basis for this, that the equal signs were added because it kinda looks like the midsection of the Death Star. Also, I think it helps differentiate =LOST= from LoSS. Not that we don't like LoSS, they're cool dudes, it's just that we were the new kids on the block and needed some differentiation.

I could be completely wrong on that though.

[quote name='KagetheSecond' date='20 May 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1274379528' post='2305442']
Whatever happened to the cold war with Athens?
[/quote]

Still raging coldly. The stalemate though is clearly in our favor. They waffled under the constant pressure of our propaganda.

[quote name='Mundokiir' date='20 May 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1274377586' post='2305379']
When is your series finale?
[/quote]

haha. I see what you did there. You have no idea how many queries I get about this thing known as Lost, who are they and why have they stolen our name?

[ooc]I actually don't watch, but i'm pretty sure the finaale is the 24th. just sayin.[/ooc]

[quote name='ktarthan' date='20 May 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1274377618' post='2305380']
Who made those amazing sig images and where can I get one?
[/quote]

Our illustrious head of the Bounty Hunters Guild, Wargarden, is responsible for the smexy sigs. You can get one if you join =LOST= :awesome:

[quote name='Pomiell' date='20 May 2010 - 01:47 PM' timestamp='1274377653' post='2305382']
sigs need moar seam carving. esp jabba one.where do you hope to be in 6 months?
[/quote]

What's carving? :huh:

As for where we hope to be in six months, well, see above post for goals ;). Oh and also some restructuring internally, but that will come later.

[s]have you played any of the X-Wing or Tie Fighter games for PC? If so, which were your favorites?[/s] i guess that could be considered OOC >_>

where does =LOST= see itself in 6-12 months? member count? etc?

Edited by Gn0xious Jr

[quote name='Gn0xious Jr' date='20 May 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1274389302' post='2305689']
[s]have you played any of the X-Wing or Tie Fighter games for PC? If so, which were your favorites?[/s] i guess that could be considered OOC >_>

where does =LOST= see itself in 6-12 months? member count? etc?
[/quote]

I believe that =LOST= has untapped potential in our lower ranks, and while I don't think all of them will respond to growth programs specifically for them, I think we shall see a continued rise in our ANS and NS.

As for recruiting, we are open to everyone, but only provide the loyal members with our "services" :ehm: I also don't see us growing too much in size; I've never wanted to be a part of a large, low ANS alliance (sorry GOONS :( ) and would like to see the continued trend of growth our alliance is experiencing in its middle and upper tiers.

[quote name='Mandellav' date='20 May 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1274379593' post='2305444']
There was a time before I was in =LOST= when =LOST= was just LOS (League of Shadows) and the alliance was Aliens themed. The "T" for Treaty was added around the time of a charter change and the equal signs were added around then too. I always thought, and I have no basis for this, that the equal signs were added because it kinda looks like the midsection of the Death Star. Also, I think it helps differentiate =LOST= from LoSS. Not that we don't like LoSS, they're cool dudes, it's just that we were the new kids on the block and needed some differentiation.

I could be completely wrong on that though.
[/quote]

No you were pretty close to correct. We went from the League of Shadows AA to League of Shadows Alliance Treaty and decided that LOSAT sucked dropped the Alliance part and added the =s to differentiate the name.

As for questions:
1. As an alliance with a historically high member retention rate and historically static government how do you feel that this last incarnation of government with new blood worked out?
2. As =LOST= has never broken the 2mil NS for an alliance how do you feel your current programs will allow you to achieve this when similar past programs have failed.
3. Where the heck has Hombre been? :(
4. How does it feel to be the secret puppet master's of CnG while others believe that Archon/MK really rule it? :ph34r:

[quote name='Mandellav' date='20 May 2010 - 02:21 PM' timestamp='1274379679' post='2305446']
Still raging coldly. The stalemate though is clearly in our favor. They waffled under the constant pressure of our propaganda.
[/quote]

That seems a little tepid. Do you have government members who are "soft on Athens" and have you considered hiring your own Joe McCarthy to root out these scoundrels?

[quote name='AirMe' date='20 May 2010 - 04:17 PM' timestamp='1274386653' post='2305629']
Stop by more often.
[/quote]

Will do.

[quote name='Banksy' date='20 May 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1274391622' post='2305757']
When are you going to get some real forums?
[/quote]

Working on it...still.

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' date='20 May 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1274392223' post='2305773']
No you were pretty close to correct. We went from the League of Shadows AA to League of Shadows Alliance Treaty and decided that LOSAT sucked dropped the Alliance part and added the =s to differentiate the name.

As for questions:
1. As an alliance with a historically high member retention rate and historically static government how do you feel that this last incarnation of government with new blood worked out?
2. As =LOST= has never broken the 2mil NS for an alliance how do you feel your current programs will allow you to achieve this when similar past programs have failed.
4. How does it feel to be the secret puppet master's of CnG while others believe that Archon/MK really rule it? :ph34r:
[/quote]

1. I believe it worked out swimmingly. We still have 75 dedicated members and the new blood in government generated thoughtful ideas and implemented some programs that worked tremendously well for the alliance. The new blood in government also helped change the culture of =LOST= in a myriad of ways. For example, =LOST= now believes in more personal responsibility in order to improve the lot of the whole. =LOST= members are more willing to sacrifice some liberties that they had not felt comfortable with in the past because they feel they can trust the government to work in their best interests and that they must better themselves to more efficiently protect the alliance as a whole. This last war proved that we must make those necessary sacrifices.

2. The only reason why =LOST= has never broken 2 million NS is that =LOST= continually fights wars that devastate our upper and middle ranks because our upper and middle ranks love to dole out nukes. If =LOST= had not participated in the TOP-CNG war, we would have surpassed the 2 million NS mark very quickly into this term. Even though =LOST= has been central to the winning coalitions of the past two major wars, we fight and plug in wholes often as first wave troops. We fight offensive wars often and late into wars which leads to the devaluation of our statistics.

3. Who's Hombre?

4. These are not the droids you're looking for.

(Edited by grammar police.)

Edited by Mandellav

[quote name='Taget' date='20 May 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1274392358' post='2305776']
That seems a little tepid. Do you have government members who are "soft on Athens" and have you considered hiring your own Joe McCarthy to root out these scoundrels?
[/quote]

=LOST= is united against Athenian scum. All dissenters have been purged by BabyFark in drunken rants long ago.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='20 May 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1274393390' post='2305808']
Thoughts on Gondor?
[/quote]

Friends of Ronin should be friends of us. Expect to hear from a diplomat soon.

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' date='20 May 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1274392223' post='2305773']

As for questions:
[/quote]

1. The new blood has helped this aging (we're three now!) and lulzy alliance become a bit more serious imo. Sure, we still talk about phalli and other such "lulzy" things. But the focus of the government and the alliance as a whole is on the improvement of our home. Expect a new, changed =LOST= in the next six months or so ;)
2. As MoIA, this is my jurisdiction. During my previous term, our ANS jumped 250% in just six months, and our NS jumped from post Karma under 1mil to 1.8mil. This term has presented me with many dilemnas; nations in our upper ranks leaving has hurt our NS, and the TOP-CnG War dropped us even further (Though I am proud to say that, for once, =LOST= did not drop below 1mil NS during the war). My programs during the previous term have been modified, and are currently being implemented in the rebuilding of =LOST=. We have grown around 250k NS since the end of the war, and I expect that trend to continue.
3. [IMG]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/iiam.gif[/img]
4. It's funny what some people believe about the internal goings on in CnG. It's how we've managed to fly under the radar for so long, working behind the scenes ;)

[quote name='Taget' date='20 May 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1274392358' post='2305776']
[/quote]

I think i'll appoint AngelSlayer to root out these "undesirables". Also, BabyFark drunk can and will make grown men cry, mountains move, and whales synchronize swim.

[quote name='New Frontier' date='20 May 2010 - 06:10 PM' timestamp='1274393390' post='2305808']
Thoughts on Gondor?
[/quote]

You signed with Ronin, right? Definitely a good move ;)

Edit: Added BabyFark's drunkeness o/

Edited by Devilyn Caster