A Philosophy of Foreign Relations

zzzptm

We of Himynamistan are part of Nueva Vida, and we cherish our relationship within that alliance. We have fought for them and our people have sacrificed for them. Hoka hey, it is always a good day in Nueva Vida. As a member of that alliance, we are protected by them. If we in Himynamistan are ever attacked, Nueva Vida will find our attackers and show them our horses of war.

Now, there are other alliances that Nueva Vida will ride to protect. We have formal treaties with some, and we have informal agreements with others. But whether by treaty or by agreement as friends, we extend our protection to them. We do not dangle our friends as bait to draw attacks: Huitzilopochtli would expose us to the wrath of Tezcatlipoca were we to be dishonorable like that. No, we protect who we say we will protect.

If anyone lies about being in Nueva Vida or being protected by Nueva Vida, he is one with Tezcatlipoca, the Enemy of Both Sides, to us. Ask us about that nation, and we'll let anyone know if he's truly under our protection or not. But to attack without asking? That is like saying to our faces that our word has no meaning to you. That is like saying to our faces that our honor is nothing to you.

Or am I in error on that? I don't think so. There are other alliances with so-called paperless relationships, but ours are clear to see. Who we say we shall protect is our business, but we shall protect who we say we shall protect.

Wankan Tanka, we are slow to anger. Quetzalcoatl taught us to be slow to anger, but he did not teach us to never anger. It is easy to contact alliance leaders to resolve existing conflicts: how much easier are things to resolve when one contacts an alliance leader even before fighting begins? The burden of proof is upon the aggressor, is it not?

We are Nueva Vida. Our word has had meaning in the hearts and minds of men here on Planeta Roberto for years. Our word meant so much, we were attacked by Ragnarok, Poison Clan, MHA, and IRON in the NoCB War because they knew we would fight for our allies in Polaris. Look! Go see! We bled for that honor and thereby earned it. We paid for the value of our word and can say it as we mean it. If Nueva Vida speaks a word of protection for another nation, so it is spoken from the Hummingbird Throne, words from the gods themselves, and who are we to argue with the gods?

So says Zzzptm Nezahualcoyotl, First Speaker of the Congress of Himynamistan.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pomiell' date='19 May 2010 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1274329670' post='2304228']
What is this I don't even
[/quote]

where do I go
Seriously....wat.

Edited by NationRuler

[quote name='Penkala' date='20 May 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1274328360' post='2304189']
Here's hoping GOONS gets what they have coming to them.
[/quote]:rolleyes:

In further news: We at GOONS apologise for the actions taken by a few of our younger, less intelligent members and hope that this matter gets worked out well with NV. We are not in the business of hitting protectorates, but unfortunately sometimes, apparently, the rules are harder to follow for the younger of our members. We do, truly, hope this all works out in the end.

As I said in the thread started by RV, we may be a war happy group, but I assure you - we have NO interest in warring the peace loving group known as Neuva Vida\

Edit: I just realised how much this whole thing makes me sound like I'm a gov member or something. I'm not. I just wrote this in a _really_ stupid manner. My apologies for the confusion caused by my lack of intelligence.

Edited by Archanis

[quote name='Archanis' date='20 May 2010 - 06:56 AM' timestamp='1274352978' post='2304883']
As I said in the thread started by RV, we may be a war happy group, but I assure you - we have NO interest in warring the peace loving group known as Neuva Vida
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Of course you don't. You just found out today that they have friends who will be more than happy to back them up if you try your nonsense on them. So I figure we'll be seeing you try your tricks on small, defenseless, and much weaker parties. Wouldn't want to pick on someone your own size now would we? I applaud you. You're an example to us all.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='20 May 2010 - 07:18 AM' timestamp='1274354291' post='2304904']
[color="#0000FF"]Of course you don't. You just found out today that they have friends who will be more than happy to back them up if you try your nonsense on them. So I figure we'll be seeing you try your tricks on small, defenseless, and much weaker parties. Wouldn't want to pick on someone your own size now would we? I applaud you. You're an example to us all.[/color]
[/quote]Yeah that's what it is, RV. It couldn't possibly be the fact that we have no problems with NV whatsoever. Or the fact that we actually rather LIKE NV. No no, it must be that somehow, their WIDELY KNOWN multiple MDoAPs, MDPs, Bloc Memberships, etc. went somehow COMPLETELY unnoticed by us. Until now.

As tired as I am of hearing people call us cowards, I REALLY do not appreciate you calling us stupid as well. Is this a threat? No. But I'd appreciate it if you back off until you understand what you're talking about. There is just NO WAY any alliance with _any_ sense for foreign relations, at all, could even POSSIBLY think that NV stands alone.

Edited by Archanis

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='20 May 2010 - 07:24 AM' timestamp='1274354655' post='2304914']
RV, you want them to go to war with NV? Is that it?
[/quote]Certainly does seem that way, doesn't it?

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='20 May 2010 - 07:24 AM' timestamp='1274354655' post='2304914']
RV, you want them to go to war with NV? Is that it?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I don't think it has ever been a secret that I wouldn't mind seeing GOONS get rolled, and I won't lie, I was somewhat disappointed NV decided to go the diplomatic approach here. I will respect and live with that decision, however, comforting myself with the simple fact that soon enough GOONS will cross the wrong alliance yet again. Hopefully everyone will realize then that an old dog cannot learn new tricks and must be put down. GOONS is set in its ways, and in a week or two's time I am certain we will see a repeat of tonight's events with a different alliance.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='20 May 2010 - 07:33 AM' timestamp='1274355168' post='2304924']
[color="#0000FF"]I don't think it has ever been a secret that I wouldn't mind seeing GOONS get rolled, and I won't lie, I was somewhat disappointed NV decided to go the diplomatic approach here. I will respect and live with that decision, however, comforting myself with the simple fact that soon enough GOONS will cross the wrong alliance yet again. Hopefully everyone will realize then that an old dog cannot learn new tricks and must be put down. GOONS is set in its ways, and in a week or two's time I am certain we will see a repeat of tonight's events with a different alliance.[/color]
[/quote]Yes, yes, "GOONS won't last til June". We've been hearing the same god damned argument for over a year now, RV. And guess what? Everyone has been wrong. But does that change anything? No, it doesn't, because they then just go on to say "Oh, I meant NEXT Christmas they'll be gone. Did you think I meant this one? No, no, NEXT Christmas". Just like you'll say two weeks from now about how you meant a week from THEN.

We're not the old dog here, RV. YOU are. You're the old dog who just can't accept that things change over time. Like an old man who refuses to accept technology as relevant, you refuse to accept that maybe - just maybe - we aren't the same twats we once were.

[color="#0000FF"]I never said you would be rolled in two weeks. I merely stated that you will be pulling the exact same stunt you did here, except you'll be doing it to an alliance that isn't as well connected as NV. One in which you can use that protective shield you've got in MK, Umbrella, and GOD should your target say no. Also, I have never put down a deadline for GOONS' demise. I've merely stated that it is an inevitability due to the simple fact your alliance only exists to harass, provoke, and cause trouble. You push limits and you step on toes. You shove people around. I can tell you that people will get fed up with you. Mark my words. I cannot say when, but I am telling you that if you stay on this path of yours there is only one destination for you.

And you something, you're right. You're not the same group of twats as the original GOONS. You're a different one with a similar name. Doesn't change what your alliance is at its heart though.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='20 May 2010 - 07:52 AM' timestamp='1274356353' post='2304942']
[color="#0000FF"]I never said you would be rolled in two weeks. I merely stated that you will be pulling the exact same stunt you did here, except you'll be doing it to an alliance that isn't as well connected as NV. One in which you can use that protective shield you've got in MK, Umbrella, and GOD should your target say no. Also, I have never put down a deadline for GOONS' demise. I've merely stated that it is an inevitability due to the simple fact your alliance only exists to harass, provoke, and cause trouble. You push limits and you step on toes. You shove people around. I can tell you that people will get fed up with you. Mark my words. I cannot say when, but I am telling you that if you stay on this path of yours there is only one destination for you.

And you something, you're right. You're not the same group of twats as the original GOONS. You're a different one with a similar name. Doesn't change what your alliance is at its heart though.[/color]
[/quote]You're misunderstanding me. We recognize alliances with 15 members or more. Which means if an alliance of 15 members or more holds a protectorate for an alliance with a membership of 1-14, we will not attack [b]either[/b] of them. Those are our rules.

This is not out of fear. This is out of respecting protectorates. It doesn't matter how connected an alliance is, it just matters that they're above 15 people and hold a protectorate on someone. In the case of Armageddon, the protectorate was not publically posted, so one of our more trigger happy members and a few others went after them. Should we have asked NV first? Yeah, probably. But we didn't - hindsight is ALWAYS 20/20, mate. So instead, we've apologised to all parties and will, should NV deem it necessary, pay reps that both our governments agree to.

These are our rules as stated in our constitution. It has nothing to do with fear. Nothing to do with backing down. And everything to do with respecting the rules laid out for our members to follow. If you don't agree with our rules, that's really not our problem - you're not a member of GOONS, and probably never _should_ be if you see such issue with it.

In the end, you can insult us all you want. We don't take our nations ([OOC]our pixels[/ooc]) seriously enough for any of this to matter. The fact that you honestly think we're "afraid" of losing it laughable at best. You know what Xodi said on IRC after he got nuked by methrage? He copy pasted the message he got from him stating "You've been nuked by blah blah blah", and then said, with his typical lightheartedness, "It's about TIME my dumb $@! got nuked".

Another of our members, crazedkid103, was ALSO nuked by methrage. You know why? Because he (crazedkid) begged him (methrage) to nuke him, all for the sake of getting our "Nuked as a Babby" (given to people nuked while below 10k NS) medal, which means NOTHING except bragging rights and is just a drawn-on-MSpaint image to put in his signature.

We don't care, bro. I mean, we do, obviously - we take the time to do things like the consitution, work out diplomacy, etc. But in the end, we all are only in this for the fun of it all. So I can assure you - "fear" is not even slightly the right word to describe our feelings towards anything here.

Edited by Archanis

[quote name='karthikking' date='20 May 2010 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1274395333' post='2305861']
Is there a Nuked as a Baby 30x award?

EDIT:(I like to always have a 1up :D )
[/quote]
Nope, don't think we have anyone of such distinction [IMG]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/Jakome/emot-worship.gif[/IMG]