A Philosophy of Foreign Relations

zzzptm

Now that the seemingly more weighty matters have been seen to, might I get a quick clarification. Mainly it's just for my own information.

That stuff about eating hearts mentioned by someone above. That was figurative speaking right? A simple illustration to depict strength and resilience. Certainly a fine illustration.

Was the matter of the hearts discussed at all?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Stilcho' date='20 May 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1274411797' post='2306388']
Now that the seemingly more weighty matters have been seen to, might I get a quick clarification. Mainly it's just for my own information.

That stuff about eating hearts mentioned by someone above. That was figurative speaking right? A simple illustration to depict strength and resilience. Certainly a fine illustration.

Was the matter of the hearts discussed at all?
[/quote]

Nope, we literally eat hearts. Rip them out of our enemies, and eat them on the spot. It's what makes me retain my youth and vitality...

:smug:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='20 May 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1274410983' post='2306362']
[color="#0000FF"]They're under no obligation to make starting your little wars more convenient. The burden is yours to find out all the facts before raiding. NV has said if it is approached it will let you know whether or not a nation is a protectorate. So tell me, is it really that hard to go and ask one of their government members?[/color]
[/quote]

Edit: Redacted. My bad.

NV is not under an obligation to help other alliances tech raid, they [b]do[/b], however, have an obligation to take any reasonable measure to ensure that those they're protecting are not attacked. Given that nations they were protecting [b]did[/b] get attacked, it seems to me they might want to think a little harder about their methods for following through on that.

Edited by NoFish

[quote name='NoFish' date='21 May 2010 - 08:56 AM' timestamp='1274414175' post='2306438']
Edit: Redacted. My bad.

NV is not under an obligation to help other alliances tech raid, they [b]do[/b], however, have an obligation to take any reasonable measure to ensure that those they're protecting are not attacked. Given that nations they were protecting [b]did[/b] get attacked, it seems to me they might want to think a little harder about their methods for following through on that.
[/quote]

Which is why we do not go out of our way to help those who do not announce "protected by NV" in their bio. Really, there is no such thing as a fool-proof system, so the best we can do is put the information out there. ignore it at your own risk.

[quote name='hizzy' date='21 May 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1274414723' post='2306451']
Which is why we do not go out of our way to help those who do not announce "protected by NV" in their bio. Really, there is no such thing as a fool-proof system, so the best we can do is put the information out there. ignore it at your own risk.
[/quote]
Beat your chest all you want about what's gonna happen to people who raid who protectees, but revenge won't undo the damage done by attacks to them - the risk is not only to the attacker, but to the poor sap who gets attacked. I'm not sure why you're so opposed to taking such an easy measure to help insure the safety of those you wish to protect.

[quote name='NoFish' date='21 May 2010 - 02:34 AM' timestamp='1274423622' post='2306644']
Beat your chest all you want about what's gonna happen to people who raid who protectees, but revenge won't undo the damage done by attacks to them - the risk is not only to the attacker, but to the poor sap who gets attacked. I'm not sure why you're so opposed to taking such an easy measure to help insure the safety of those you wish to protect.
[/quote]

Not entirely sure what you have to gain from telling NV how to run their protectorate system, but let me assure you those actually in a position to do so are looking into it.

[quote name='Auctor' date='21 May 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1274423829' post='2306648']
Not entirely sure what you have to gain from telling NV how to run their protectorate system, but let me assure you those actually in a position to do so are looking into it.
[/quote]
I don't have anything to gain from it, but when I see an alliance that I generally respect doing something I disagree with I think it's natural to voice my opinion. Wouldn't you do the same?

[quote name='NoFish' date='21 May 2010 - 03:01 AM' timestamp='1274425288' post='2306663']
I don't have anything to gain from it, but when I see an alliance that I generally respect doing something I disagree with I think it's natural to voice my opinion. Wouldn't you do the same?
[/quote]
I think it's disingenuous to say that's what you are doing and I'm hesitant to take your word for it.

[quote name='Auctor' date='21 May 2010 - 02:48 AM' timestamp='1274428080' post='2306699']
I think it's disingenuous to say that's what you are doing and I'm hesitant to take your word for it.
[/quote]

Don't worry. We'll do something about it.

Vagueness intended.

[quote name='zzzptm' date='19 May 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1274326506' post='2304152']
OP[/quote]
We pray that the 300 sacrificed Sardovians please the gods and allow for a prolonged peaceful existance together :)

[quote name='Jakome' date='21 May 2010 - 08:25 AM' timestamp='1274448283' post='2306847']
We pray that the 300 sacrificed Sardovians please the gods and allow for a prolonged peaceful existance together :)
[/quote]

So far, so good!