GOONS Reparations Announcement

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color="#0000FF"]Edit:

OOC: Seeing the mod's warning I figure we ought to take this discussion to a different thread. I'll start one up now. I see no reason for GOONS to be able to get away from this that easily.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='20 May 2010 - 06:56 AM' timestamp='1274331400' post='2304461']
I don't whether you're being deliberately obtuse but the point of this thread was that diplomacy held in private with NATO failed to achieve a satisfactory result. We then went and waived the remaining reparations, rather than take aggressive actions against NATO.
[/quote]

Aggressive actions on the basis that we didn't respect the timeline which you didn't set? :lol1: And again, next time you have something to tell us, please come to us in private. You talked to us about the reps on May 08, maybe, just maybe you could have mentioned that you weren't satisfied during that occasion instead of waiting until you had only a handfull of aid slots to waive.

[quote name='erikz' date='20 May 2010 - 07:58 AM' timestamp='1274356662' post='2304944']
GOONS, you guys should try to get some class in your act. All this is poor form if you ask me....
[/quote]Which we didn't. But thanks.

[quote name='Biazt' date='16 May 2010 - 02:54 PM' timestamp='1274039644' post='2300140']
[i]Today[/i], May 16th, 2010, the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism has decided to waive any and all remaining reparations payments due to them from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. [b]The utter ineptitude of the government[/b] of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in every department is completely beyond comparison. The Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism, in an act of good faith and kindness, gave the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, as well as all other affected parties, an unlimited amount of time to complete all reparations payments.

[i]Officials[/i] from NATO, when asked about the timeliness of such aid packages at previous times, [b]have used and abused the leniency[/b] of the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism. It is ridiculous to consider that four packages of aid, every ten days, is all that NATO can spare. It is an egregious violation of the trust that the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism placed with NATO, and it is extremely unfortunate that this situation has developed. Because of this, the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism will currently waive all reparations from NATO that are due from the previous war. The Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism will impose additional reparations as victors in future wars in order to recoup these losses. All reparations will be due on strict timelines, with penalties for not meeting deadlines.

[i]The[/i] Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism placed trust in NATO that the terms, without a true deadline for reparations, would still be followed in spirit. It is understood now that NATO has no intention of following this. [b]We find it unfortunate that those who find themselves at the mercy of the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism in the future shall be punished for the actions of one alliance[/b]. We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience, though it must be done.
[/quote]

This topic is priceless.

Demanding reps from NATO in the last war was dumb.

Being generous with an inept alliance that has used and abused your good faith and leniency is even dumber.

PUNISHING other alliances over the mistake of ONE inept alliance in CN, is as dumb as it can get.

Overall, i am not sure why this topic was even made. :wacko:

[quote name='raasaa' date='20 May 2010 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1274421540' post='2306602']
This topic is priceless.

Demanding reps from NATO in the last war was dumb.

Being generous with an inept alliance that has used and abused your good faith and leniency is even dumber.

PUNISHING other alliances over the mistake of ONE inept alliance in CN, is as dumb as it can get.

Overall, i am not sure why this topic was even made. :wacko:
[/quote]
To make you whine about it. GREAT SUCCESS!

[quote name='Archanis' date='20 May 2010 - 09:31 AM' timestamp='1274362256' post='2305043']
Which we didn't. But thanks.
[/quote]

Keep treating everyone like this and see where it gets you. Hint: It gets you into a position you can't squirm out of. And then we laugh.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='20 May 2010 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1274331400' post='2304461']
I don't whether you're being deliberately obtuse but the point of this thread was that diplomacy held in private with NATO failed to achieve a satisfactory result. We then went and waived the remaining reparations, rather than take aggressive actions against NATO. Nueva Vida on the other hand has apparently skipped the diplomacy and gone straight to threatening us for a techraid made in error (presumably). Nice.
[/quote]

My sixth sense is tingling, it says you are telling porky pies.

The [b]real[/b] motivations for this thread are quite clear:

1) Embarrass NATO.
2) Try to use them as an example to extort more reparations from totally unrelated alliances in future.
3) Try to deflect your own ineptitude onto NATO.

Edited by MCRABT

[quote name='Penkala' date='21 May 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1274456053' post='2306965']
Keep treating everyone like this and see where it gets you. Hint: It gets you into a position you can't squirm out of. And then we laugh.
[/quote]

No offense, but this is really the pot calling the kettle "black".

Having dealt with reps, it is a damn pain when an alliance messes you about, that being said, good show for letting them off, as for the rest of it, you better hope you don't find yourself asking for reps from any alliance I am part of, because believe me when I say, you wont get a thing.

So I am going to take the calling out with a pinch of salt, and remember the good deed you have done.

[quote name='The Pansy' date='21 May 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1274475178' post='2307232']
Having dealt with reps, it is a damn pain when an alliance messes you about, that being said, good show for letting them off, as for the rest of it, you better hope you don't find yourself asking for reps from any alliance I am part of, because believe me when I say, you wont get a thing.

So I am going to take the calling out with a pinch of salt, and remember the good deed you have done.
[/quote]

Then, stepping away from my GOONS Governmental position, you'd be at constant war since reps would probably be part of the terms of surrender. Don't accept the terms of surrender, the battle continues. The loser of the war has no right to dictate what they should have to pay, regardless of who was the winner, GOONS or anyone else.

Of course, the rest of your comment really is moot unless you end up in some government position in any alliance you are in. (And yes, I do realize you are in a government position [b]now[/b], but that may not always be the case, according to what you said.)

[quote name='Choson' date='21 May 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1274476886' post='2307262']
Then, stepping away from my GOONS Governmental position, you'd be at constant war since reps would probably be part of the terms of surrender. Don't accept the terms of surrender, the battle continues. The loser of the war has no right to dictate what they should have to pay, regardless of who was the winner, GOONS or anyone else.

Of course, the rest of your comment really is moot unless you end up in some government position in any alliance you are in. (And yes, I do realize you are in a government position [b]now[/b], but that may not always be the case, according to what you said.)
[/quote]
Oh noes, eternal war...... I am so bricking myself.

I and my little alliance would prefer to blow your bottom end to hell and back than sign up for reps.
And yes, I do have the stones and will power to do it.
You can attempt to dictate all you like, I am saying I do not give a flying about your policy, and eternal war would be a welcome relief from the incessant whine of OMG you will pay for this war.

So take that as you like.

Beer reviews, other fun stuff, sure, no problems, I can take a joke with the next man, but you want us to pay for your fun, well that is entirely different.

[quote name='The Pansy' date='21 May 2010 - 05:35 PM' timestamp='1274477709' post='2307276']
Oh noes, eternal war...... I am so bricking myself.

I and my little alliance would prefer to blow your bottom end to hell and back than sign up for reps.
And yes, I do have the stones and will power to do it.
You can attempt to dictate all you like, I am saying I do not give a flying about your policy, and eternal war would be a welcome relief from the incessant whine of OMG you will pay for this war.

So take that as you like.

Beer reviews, other fun stuff, sure, no problems, I can take a joke with the next man, but you want us to pay for your fun, well that is entirely different.
[/quote]

Now, after you said all of that... is that just towards my alliance... or are you taking that viewpoint against any alliance that goes to war against you and wins?

[quote name='The Pansy' date='21 May 2010 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1274475178' post='2307232']

[/quote]

wow, you're coming across as awfully aggressive about a threat nobody is making, aren't you?

[quote name='Choson' date='21 May 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1274477834' post='2307280']
Now, after you said all of that... is that just towards my alliance... or are you taking that viewpoint against any alliance that goes to war against you and wins?
[/quote]
That is any alliance my friend, I have no ill feeling towards Goons, never have, in fact I enjoy the company of many of your number in another realm.

While I am part of Olympus I will not pay nor receive reps, not our style, and never will be.

[quote name='The Pansy' date='21 May 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1274478270' post='2307291']
That is any alliance my friend, I have no ill feeling towards Goons, never have, in fact I enjoy the company of many of your number in another realm.

While I am part of Olympus I will not pay nor receive reps, not our style, and never will be.
[/quote]

Interesting... even if you're not in government, and whatever alliance you were in decides to pay reps? You'd go against your own alliance?

[quote name='Choson' date='21 May 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1274478380' post='2307292']
Interesting... even if you're not in government, and whatever alliance you were in decides to pay reps? You'd go against your own alliance?
[/quote]
If that is how it has to go down, then yes.
Again, I am giving my position to your policy, I am not doing it in an aggressive manner, just being frank.

[quote name='The Pansy' date='21 May 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1274478555' post='2307293']
If that is how it has to go down, then yes.
Again, I am giving my position to your policy, I am not doing it in an aggressive manner, just being frank.
[/quote]

So, you don't value solidarity, then? What's the point of being in an alliance if you don't agree with what they are doing? Most alliances would pay reps if they were on the losing side of a war. (Obviously, yours would not.)

Mind you, I'm just trying to understand your viewpoint.

[quote name='Choson' date='21 May 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1274478714' post='2307296']
So, you don't value solidarity, then? What's the point of being in an alliance if you don't agree with what they are doing? Most alliances would pay reps if they were on the losing side of a war. (Obviously, yours would not.)

Mind you, I'm just trying to understand your viewpoint.
[/quote]
My viewpoint is very simple, I believe reps etc stagnate Bob, and make those little fun wars fewer, I like a good scuffle like the next man, but believe personally in having a fun war, rebuilding and then having fun times again in the near future.

As for solidarity, I personally would choose my alliance so I would never be put in that situation, but as you have thrown up a hypothetical situation, I guess I am a terrible alliance member.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='21 May 2010 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1274479137' post='2307300']
How is an alliance paying reps a hypothetical situation? This thread is about an alliance paying reps.
[/quote]

It's hypothetical because I'm "placing" him in an alliance that does pay reps in my thought experiment, which he's kindly answering my questions to flesh it out..

[quote name='Choson' date='21 May 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1274479307' post='2307306']
It's hypothetical because I'm "placing" him in an alliance that does pay reps in my thought experiment, which he's kindly answering my questions to flesh it out..
[/quote]
What this gentleman has said sums it up.