GOONS Reparations Announcement

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='20 May 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1274331141' post='2304447']
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of Nueva Vida's prior approaches to GOONS (to this thread, that is). I'd be happy to retract my comment if what you're saying is correct.
[/quote]

That's not what I'm saying.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1274331075' post='2304444']
*NV threatens GOONS via "do something about it"
*Everyone is chill*
*GOONS threatens NV via "do something about it"
*Everyone rages*

I thought most of you guys realized "do something about it" was a just a stupid meme and I hardly take it seriously. Jeez guys. :v:

We always peace out when we accidentally raid protectorates, so I don't see what you're getting at here?
[/quote]

You 'accidentally' raided their Applicant AA too, I take it?

It really goes back to that whole honesty/competency thing. Either you're lying, or you're completely incompetent. Which is it?

Oh, and on the 'WHY THE DOUBLE STANDARD BAWWWWWW' which is also a double standard in and of itself (since you've been fine with them all throughout this thread until now), people don't like you and do like NV. Tough luck.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='20 May 2010 - 03:52 PM' timestamp='1274331160' post='2304449']
snip[/quote]
I don't whether you're being deliberately obtuse but the point of this thread was that diplomacy held in private with NATO failed to achieve a satisfactory result. We then went and waived the remaining reparations, rather than take aggressive actions against NATO. Nueva Vida on the other hand has apparently skipped the diplomacy and gone straight to threatening us for a techraid made in error (presumably). Nice.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Penkala' date='20 May 2010 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1274331160' post='2304449']
That is not surprising. GOONS always backs down when faced with any kind of real opposition. Just another example of how they just can't cash the checks that their mouths are writing.
[/quote]
Or you know, we don't raid protectorates?

[quote=penzar]I'm getting at the fact that when you were confronted about it, you threatened them. And you took it seriously enough to state that you would be changing your tech raiding policy. [/quote]
Like I said just 2 posts above this, I consider "do something about it" a stupid meme and a joke, so I'm not sure why you're taking that as a legitimate threat by me. It's quite a stretch.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='20 May 2010 - 12:56 AM' timestamp='1274331400' post='2304461']
I don't whether you're being deliberately obtuse but the point of this thread was that diplomacy held in private with NATO failed to achieve a satisfactory result. We then went and waived the remaining reparations, rather than take aggressive actions against NATO. Nueva Vida on the other hand has apparently skipped the diplomacy and gone straight to threatening us.
[/quote]

You skipped the diplomacy and went straight to raiding their protectorates and their applicant AA. Why should you be afforded any more courtesy than you gave?

[quote name='pezstar' date='20 May 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1274331450' post='2304466']
You skipped the diplomacy and went straight to raiding their protectorates and their applicant AA. Why should you be afforded any more courtesy than you gave?
[/quote]
What on earth are you talking about? You've got your chronology messed up.

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1274331075' post='2304444']
We always peace out when we accidentally raid protectorates, so I don't see what you're getting at here?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Really? Is that so? The first raid was started on the thirteenth. A second followed on the seventeenth. Does it really take a three days to a week to peace out a raid? Also, the first raider noted in his reason for war that he could not verify the protectorate. Tell me, did he even think to contact NV about this before attacking?[/color]

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1274331427' post='2304462']
Or you know, we don't raid protectorates?

Like I said just 2 posts above this, I consider "do something about it" a stupid meme and a joke, so I'm not sure why you're taking that as a legitimate threat by me. It's quite a stretch.
[/quote]

You [i]do[/i] raid protectorates, which is what very nearly got you rolled this evening. You also attack applicant AAs. And with your history, I don't believe you. If what you're saying is true and it was a 'joke' (which nobody else believes either, btw), then once again, you're showing your incompetence. I'm sensing a pattern here with you guys. Either you're liars or incompetent. Personally, I think it's a bit of both.

[quote]I don't whether you're being deliberately obtuse but the point of this thread was that diplomacy held in private with NATO failed to achieve a satisfactory result. We then went and waived the remaining reparations, rather than take aggressive actions against NATO. Nueva Vida on the other hand has apparently skipped the diplomacy and gone straight to threatening us for a techraid made in error (presumably). Nice.[/quote]

Except this wasn't meant to rectify the situation by bringing it to the public, because you forgave the reps. This was an attempted smear campaign, pure and simple.

And once again, you don't 'accidentally' raid an applicant AA. Especially when the guy has been there for quite some time (he wasn't unaligned when you chose to attack him). The protectorate raiding may have been due to incompetence, but the applicant raiding was an act of malice.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1274331487' post='2304469']
What on earth are you talking about? You've got your chronology messed up.
[/quote]

Oh, so they threatened you for raiding their protectorates before you raided them?

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='19 May 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1274331400' post='2304461']
I don't whether you're being deliberately obtuse but the point of this thread was that diplomacy held in private with NATO failed to achieve a satisfactory result. We then went and waived the remaining reparations, rather than take aggressive actions against NATO. Nueva Vida on the other hand has apparently skipped the diplomacy and gone straight to threatening us for a techraid made in error (presumably). Nice.
[/quote]

You obviously are not gov. ZZZ talked to sardonic and biazt, in which they said they will not recognize someone who put 'Protected by Nueva Vida' in their bio. I talked to biazt 4 days ago or so and he was equally useless and sardonic flat out refused to talk to me.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='19 May 2010 - 11:59 PM' timestamp='1274331575' post='2304476']
[color="#0000ff"]Really? Is that so? The first raid was started on the thirteenth. A second followed on the seventeenth. Does it really take a three days to a week to peace out a raid? Also, the first raider noted in his reason for war that he could not verify the protectorate. Tell me, did he even think to contact NV about this before attacking?[/color]
[/quote]

The other 3 lords and the emperor all deny talking to him.

[quote name='karthikking' date='20 May 2010 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1274331630' post='2304482']
You obviously are not gov. ZZZ talked to sardonic and biazt, in which they said they will not recognize someone who put 'Protected by Nueva Vida' in their bio. I talked to biazt 4 days ago or so and he was equally useless and sardonic flat out refused to talk to me.
[/quote]
My last log with you is from April 23rd?

[quote name='pezstar' date='20 May 2010 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1274331604' post='2304480']
Oh, so they threatened you for raiding their protectorates before you raided them?
[/quote]
You said that we "skipped diplomacy" and started raiding their protected AAs.

What happened was a few members tech raided some nations in a protected AA without realizing the AA was protected. NV contacted us today and peace was sent. I don't see what the issue is here?

[quote name='karthikking' date='20 May 2010 - 01:01 AM' timestamp='1274331682' post='2304484']
The other 3 lords and the emperor all deny talking to him.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]For what it is worth I'd take their word over that of GOONS any day of the week. NV has always had leaders of impeccable character.

Also, as for your previous point, they spoken to ZZZ and told him they refused to recognize the protectorate? Tell me GOONS, is that true? If so it seems you decided to just deny that there was a protectorate in place so that you could feign ignorance. I really do hope that you don't get away with this. You've escaped justice for far too long.[/color]

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1274331912' post='2304495']

What happened was a few members tech raided some nations in a protected AA without realizing the AA was protected. NV contacted us today and peace was sent. I don't see what the issue is here?
[/quote]

You don't know a nation with 'Protected by Nueva Vida' is protected? And neither is our applicant AA? GOONS is either incompetent or lying. Which one?(it could be both :P )

[quote name='Biazt' date='19 May 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1274331427' post='2304462']
[/quote]
You should've warned us that you're not a person to be taken seriously, so we could've started ignoring you earlier. Most people don't take kindly to threats in these parts.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='19 May 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1274331400' post='2304461']
[/quote]
Right, the private diplo with NATO happened quite a while before this thread. If you backchanneled them earlier, odds are you would've discovered that someone made a mathematical error, and this whole thread never would have happened. So, uh, pot: meet kettle.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='20 May 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1274331962' post='2304498']
[color="#0000FF"]For what it is worth I'd take their word over that of GOONS any day of the week. NV has always had leaders of impeccable character.

Also, as for your previous point, they spoken to ZZZ and told him they refused to recognize the protectorate? Tell me GOONS, is that true? If so it seems you decided to just deny that there was a protectorate in place so that you could feign ignorance. I really do hope that you don't get away with this. You've escaped justice for far too long.[/color]
[/quote]
Maybe you should get your facts straight before you post hm RV? For one thing, there is no posted treaty/protectorate, it's a "protected by NV" in their bios. Secondly, we did recognize their protection and peace was sent.

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1274331912' post='2304495']

[/quote]

You didn't realize the [url=http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance,Receiving_Alliance&search=Nueva%20Vida%20Applicant&anyallexact=exact]NV Applicant AA[/url] was protected? Please.

[quote name='karthikking' date='20 May 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1274332013' post='2304499']
You don't know a nation with 'Protected by Nueva Vida' is protected? And neither is our applicant AA? GOONS is either incompetent or lying. Which one?(it could be both :P )
[/quote]
Like I said, once we were contacted by NV we sent peace. This wasn't a government sanctioned raid and we were unaware of it until NV contacted us.

[quote name='karthikking' date='20 May 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1274331630' post='2304482']
sardonic flat out refused to talk to me.
[/quote]
Excuse me?

Regardless, the incidents with NV are being handled, I would like to ask that everyone remain civil.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Biazt' date='20 May 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1274331912' post='2304495']

[/quote]

My point is that you didn't use diplomacy before you decided to raid protected nations. They said they were protected. NV says you stated that you don't recognize the protectorate. You basically just use points when they suit you and ignore them when they show you're wrong. You didn't want to do anything about stopping your raids until something was said publicly, at which point you rapidly turned and ran with your tail between your legs and are now saying "Our bad, we fixed it the instant we knew it was a problem!" Only you didn't. You're saying that so people won't think you're the same GOONS as before. Don't worry, Biazt. We already know you are. You can stop pretending.

[quote name='Penkala' date='20 May 2010 - 12:07 AM' timestamp='1274332056' post='2304503']
You didn't realize the [url=http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance,Receiving_Alliance&search=Nueva%20Vida%20Applicant&anyallexact=exact]NV Applicant AA[/url] was protected? Please.
[/quote]
But where's the treaty?!?! NV has no treaty with "NV Applicant"!

[quote name='Penkala' date='20 May 2010 - 01:07 AM' timestamp='1274332056' post='2304503']
[/quote]
Those 2 members are being dealt with. Why would we want to attack NV anyway? They're allies with most of our allies and we have nothing against them.