GOONS Reparations Announcement

[quote name='Penkala' date='18 May 2010 - 08:14 PM' timestamp='1274228071' post='2302586']
You're actually completely wrong. Aut would have been to follow through despite me being in CSN, without CSN's involvement. But that's not about this. So let's drop your little ad hominem tangent, shall we?
[/quote]

And could you please stop with the argumentum ad odium red herring fallacy?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Archanis' date='16 May 2010 - 04:04 PM' timestamp='1274040261' post='2300166']
How do you figure? They took advantage of our kindness. So, in the future, we're not going to allow that to be possible. That's how business is done - rules get abused, the rules get tightened and thus future people are punished.

It's really not our fault. It's just something that has to be done.
[/quote]
Not really.

I approve of GOONS and their patience, but using this as an excuse to have others pay worse in the future is kinda redundant. Make NATO pay, other than that, good show.

[quote name='nippy' date='18 May 2010 - 03:09 PM' timestamp='1274209729' post='2302313']
I'm sorry, but someone needs to draw your attention to the fact that you're Penkala. You're like RV in every aspect, except that he's intelligent enough to know that what he's posting is bogus and idiotic. Now that you've run away from the alliance that prevented you from getting your $@! handed to you by The AUT and are sharing the same festering boil of an alliance in NSO, perhaps RV can teach you the proper way to post nonsense. We're not worried about our PR if you're the one crying about it. Run along.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm flattered that you feel I am intelligent enough to believe I think my words are "bogus" and "idiotic," but I assure you nothing could be further from the truth. Just because my comments in regards to your alliance are often in disagreement with your own perception does not make my opinions false or invalid. In fact, I believe this "defense" of yours in which you claim I am knowingly putting forth falsehoods in regards to GOONS' character seems to me that you are denial about the truth. I could care less if NATO was slow to deliver the reparations. They had no timeline or deadline dictating by the peace treaty. They had every right to take as long as they wanted. Furthermore with this coming out so soon before they finished does scream to me that you had another reason for it besides simply getting tired of waiting. So yes, you really are in denial if you feel that I feel I am simply full of "hot air." Trust me, I have better things to do than shout a bunch of words I feel not to be true. I truly do dislike your alliance and its actions, and I will continue to voice my approval until I see fit.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='18 May 2010 - 09:07 PM' timestamp='1274231249' post='2302640']
[color="#0000FF"]I'm flattered that you feel I am intelligent enough to believe I think my words are "bogus" and "idiotic," but I assure you nothing could be further from the truth. Just because my comments in regards to your alliance are often in disagreement with your own perception does not make my opinions false or invalid. In fact, I believe this "defense" of yours in which you claim I am knowingly putting forth falsehoods in regards to GOONS' character seems to me that you are denial about the truth. I could care less if NATO was slow to deliver the reparations. They had no timeline or deadline dictating by the peace treaty. They had every right to take as long as they wanted. Furthermore with this coming out so soon before they finished does scream to me that you had another reason for it besides simply getting tired of waiting. So yes, you really are in denial if you feel that I feel I am simply full of "hot air." Trust me, I have better things to do than shout a bunch of words I feel not to be true. I truly do dislike your alliance and its actions, and I will continue to voice my approval until I see fit.[/color]
[/quote]

So what you're saying is that you're not really all that intelligent if I'm interpreting your opening statement correctly? And how can you dislike us, but yet voice your approval for us? That doesn't make any sense at all.

To go back onto the topic at hand, obviously you didn't read the thread because NATO apologized for their behavior and things between both alliances is pretty copesetic without people like you interjecting your opinion like it matters. (Psst, it doesn't.) If, as you say, you have better things to do, go do them instead of barging into every communique that has even the most tenuous connection to GOONS to blast your tiring and, quite honestly, boring rhetoric to everyone.

I really don't understand what the big deal is with telling people that we're not going to be so nice in the future is and to thank NATO for taking advantage of our generosity. Why would we make NATO pay more? An agreement was made, no time line, they took advantage of it (and who can blame them really), we learned our lesson and told everyone it's not going to happen again.

And people call this lame...really?

[quote name='Boywunda' date='18 May 2010 - 09:29 PM' timestamp='1274232545' post='2302668']
I really don't understand what the big deal is with telling people that we're not going to be so nice in the future is and to thank NATO for taking advantage of our generosity. Why would we make NATO pay more? An agreement was made, no time line, they took advantage of it (and who can blame them really), we learned our lesson and told everyone it's not going to happen again.

And people call this lame...really?
[/quote]

It's because [i]we're[/i] GOONS. Nothing we do can change certain peoples' opinions of us. They're stuck in the past, remembering an old, dead alliance and attributing their qualities and actions onto us.

[quote name='Choson' date='18 May 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1274232069' post='2302657']
So what you're saying is that you're not really all that intelligent if I'm interpreting your opening statement correctly? And how can you dislike us, but yet voice your approval for us? That doesn't make any sense at all.

To go back onto the topic at hand, obviously you didn't read the thread because NATO apologized for their behavior and things between both alliances is pretty copesetic without people like you interjecting your opinion like it matters. (Psst, it doesn't.) If, as you say, you have better things to do, go do them instead of barging into every communique that has even the most tenuous connection to GOONS to blast your tiring and, quite honestly, boring rhetoric to everyone.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]So if someone has a differing opinion than you that automatically makes them unintelligent? That has to be one of the most egocentric things I've ever heard, and I can only assure you that such arrogance shall not serve you will in the future.

And yes, I did see NATO's explanation and their apology. I will not deny that they made some errors in their calculations, but even so that does not dismiss that fact that GOONS clearly overreacted here and made a fuss out of nothing. What was the amount? Eleven million? Five million? Three million? Something quite small and hardly deserving of such a fit.

Also, you can say my opinion doesn't matter all you want, but know this, it does. Every opinion matters. No matter how marginal the person who holds it may be. As I've mentioned many times in the past I was once one of only a handful of those who opposed the NPO's policies. Their response was that my opinion was irrelevant. Little did they realize I had quite the following, and I still do. Love me or hate me, agree or disagree with me, only a fool would deny the impact that my words have on a large portion of the common masses - particularly whomever is downtrodden at the present time. History has shown that over any period that the influence of my opinions only grows, and sooner or later the world will be at your doorstep demanding your head. So it may do you well to begin listening to "irrelevant" people, for in the end you will realize that the thoughts of the world do matter.

OOC: My thoughts on GOONS are that I approve of your playing an antagonistic role. It is needed. However, that does not mean I agree with your policies or your actions. I merely commend you for doing something interesting instead of being yet another boring reactionary alliance like CSN or RIA or VE.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='18 May 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1274232791' post='2302673']
[color="#0000FF"]So if someone has a differing opinion than you that automatically makes them unintelligent? That has to be one of the most egocentric things I've ever heard, and I can only assure you that such arrogance shall not serve you will in the future.

And yes, I did see NATO's explanation and their apology. I will not deny that they made some errors in their calculations, but even so that does not dismiss that fact that GOONS clearly overreacted here and made a fuss out of nothing. What was the amount? Eleven million? Five million? Three million? Something quite small and hardly deserving of such a fit.

Also, you can say my opinion doesn't matter all you want, but know this, it does. Every opinion matters. No matter how marginal the person who holds it may be. As I've mentioned many times in the past I was once one of only a handful of those who opposed the NPO's policies. Their response was that my opinion was irrelevant. Little did they realize I had quite the following, and I still do. Love me or hate me, agree or disagree with me, only a fool would deny the impact that my words have on a large portion of the common masses - particularly whomever is downtrodden at the present time. History has shown that over any period that the influence of my opinions only grows, and sooner or later the world will be at your doorstep demanding your head. So it may do you well to begin listening to "irrelevant" people, for in the end you will realize that the thoughts of the world do matter.

OOC: My thoughts on GOONS are that I approve of your playing an antagonistic role. It is needed. However, that does not mean I agree with your policies or your actions. I merely commend you for doing something interesting instead of being yet another boring reactionary alliance like CSN or RIA or VE.[/color]
[/quote]

Oh, by no means does someone who has a differing opinion than of my own make them unintelligent. It is how they present themselves that shows that either they are of the intelligentsia or of boorish quality. I never claim to be arrogant. However, you, on the other hand are the arrogant one. To claim that your opinion impacts the common masses, smacks of folly, idiocy and of course arrogance. History has not shown that your "influence" has grown. I do not see a "large portion of the common masses" flocking to your side to stand by you in solidarity. We do listen to the common masses, however, we do not listen to someone who is trying to prop up their own personality cult. (And quite unsuccessfully too.)

And the amount means nothing. NATO apologized, and we're still on rather good terms with them. The rest of your argument is moot.

[quote name='Choson' date='18 May 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1274232789' post='2302672']
It's because [i]we're[/i] GOONS. Nothing we do can change certain peoples' opinions of us. They're stuck in the past, remembering an old, dead alliance and attributing their qualities and actions onto us.
[/quote]

The problem with the 'THEY JUST HATE US' argument is that I quite liked the old GOONS. And I like some things the new GOONS does. But you're wrong this time.

[quote]Oh, by no means does someone who has a differing opinion than of my own make them unintelligent. It is how they present themselves that shows that either they are of the intelligentsia or of boorish quality[/quote]

Are you serious? You can't possibly be serious. Clearly RV is the idiot here based upon his responses and the GOONS' "NO YOU" and ad hominems are the intelligent voice of reason. :rolleyes:

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='18 May 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1274233541' post='2302695']
The problem with the 'THEY JUST HATE US' argument is that I quite liked the old GOONS. And I like some things the new GOONS does. But you're wrong this time.
[/quote]

Notice I said "certain people", I did not say "all people". I was not putting forth an argument from personal conviction. I was stating that some people [b]do[/b] hate us for who we are and what our alliance name is associated with in the past.

This is ridiculous....

I've never had anything against Gunes, since I've been in RoK and all, but this... Oh gawd...

NATO is an honourable alliance, and they will keep their word... If Anu wants to pay everything by himself, let him... It's your own !@#$@#$ fault that you didn't limit the time of the reps

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' date='18 May 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1274233903' post='2302710']
This is ridiculous....

I've never had anything against Gunes, since I've been in RoK and all, but this... Oh gawd...

NATO is an honourable alliance, and they will keep their word... If Anu wants to pay everything by himself, let him... It's your own !@#$@#$ fault that you didn't limit the time of the reps
[/quote]
I think we said this in the OP in case you missed it, but thanks for repeating it.

[quote name='SpiderJerusalem' date='19 May 2010 - 03:52 AM' timestamp='1274233903' post='2302710']
This is ridiculous....

[/quote]

Didn't you post a goodbye thread about three months ago? That was quick.

As Biazt said, that's precisely what we said in the OP. It *was* our fault for not providing a solid timeline. This is what we've stated we'll be doing in the future. People like to twist and turn this around to look like 'future war opposition of GOONS will pay for something NATO did'. Not our intention, but people like to attach hidden meaning to everything we post. :ehm:

[quote name='nippy' date='19 May 2010 - 05:37 AM' timestamp='1274261831' post='2303189']
like to twist and turn this around to look like 'future war opposition of GOONS will pay for something NATO did'. Not our intention, but people like to attach hidden meaning to everything we post. :ehm:
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh really? People are twisting your words around and assigning new meaning to them?[/color]

[quote name='Biazt' date='16 May 2010 - 03:54 PM' timestamp='1274039644' post='2300140']
We find it unfortunate that those who find themselves at the mercy of the Goon Order of Oppression, Negligence, and Sadism in the future shall be punished for the actions of one alliance. We are extremely sorry for your inconvenience, though it must be done.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm sorry, but these are your own words and they seem pretty straightforward to me. Guess what? They're saying exactly what people say they are saying.[/color]

[quote name='nippy' date='19 May 2010 - 05:37 AM' timestamp='1274261831' post='2303189']
Didn't you post a goodbye thread about three months ago? That was quick.[/quote]

[i]They always come back.[/i]

--Doitzel

[quote]As Biazt said, that's precisely what we said in the OP. It *was* our fault for not providing a solid timeline.[/quote]

"Yes officer I ran down that woman. But she had no business being out alone so late in the evening, let alone jaywalking. Besides, I think she was a prostitute."

There are ways of admitting guilt, and then there are ways of admitting guilt that imply that it wasn't your fault, as you did in the OP. Nice try though.

[quote]People like to twist and turn this around to look like 'future war opposition of GOONS will pay for something NATO did'. Not our intention, but people like to attach hidden meaning to everything we post.
[/quote]

Of course...we speak American English here for the most part on Planet Bob and you speak...well something that sounds like English but apparently has some sort of subtle gentler meaning attached. When you state that someone has been placed on your EoG list, that's not a "free fire zone" listing, that's a "free hugs and kisses zone" listing. How silly of us. So in future, we'll never take any of your threats seriously again. Thanks for clearing that up!

[quote name='Choson' date='18 May 2010 - 09:33 PM' timestamp='1274232789' post='2302672']
[/quote]
Well, actions like this certainly don't help if you want to think like that. :rolleyes:

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='19 May 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1274273719' post='2303269']
Of course...we speak American English here for the most part on Planet Bob and you speak...well something that sounds like English but apparently has some sort of subtle gentler meaning attached. When you state that someone has been placed on your EoG list, that's not a "free fire zone" listing, that's a "free hugs and kisses zone" listing. How silly of us. So in future, we'll never take any of your threats seriously again. Thanks for clearing that up!
[/quote]

Thanks, Hal. Just when I thought we were running out of ad hominem, you brought a whole bucket with a side of biscuits. No, "punishing someone else for NATO's mistake" is not equal to "changing our policy now that we've learned the current policy doesn't meet our needs". For each person that hates our decision because "why didn't you just give them a deadline instead of posting this?", there's a person that hates our decision because "oh, now you're screwing other people by setting deadlines?". All you GOONS haters need to get on the same page.

Didn't you post a goodbye thread about three months ago? That was quick.
[/quote]

What does that have to do with this thread? Quit squirming, GOONS. You're making your weak position far too obvious.

You don't deserve that acronym.

[quote]Thanks, Hal. Just when I thought we were running out of ad hominem, you brought a whole bucket with a side of biscuits.[/quote]

Like 1/3 of your 'responses' in the past few pages have been ad hominems. Man, you guys really aren't getting this, are you?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='19 May 2010 - 09:51 PM' timestamp='1274298651' post='2303595']
What does that have to do with this thread? Quit squirming, GOONS. You're making your weak position far too obvious.

You don't deserve that acronym.
[/quote]

He posted here, that's what. God, even my surprise in a returning member causes you to cry foul. :rolleyes:

I don't understand the argument here. Any honorable alliance would do everything in there power to get the reps paid as soon as possible. We made the mistake of believing that the payments would be made in good faith without a time line.

[quote name='dalstrs' date='19 May 2010 - 04:39 PM' timestamp='1274301574' post='2303664']
I don't understand the argument here. Any honorable alliance would do everything in there power to get the reps paid as soon as possible. We made the mistake of believing that the payments would be made in good faith without a time line.
[/quote]

The argument here is that this entire thing is a blatant PR stunt and a way to justify extorting more reps in the future. Which is hilarious because you have no middle or upper tier and do virtually nothing to change the outcome of a war, and yet you feel entitled to reparations.

[quote name='Penkala' date='19 May 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1274303608' post='2303693']
The argument here is that this entire thing is a blatant PR stunt and a way to justify extorting more reps in the future. Which is hilarious because you have no middle or upper tier and do virtually nothing to change the outcome of a war, and yet you feel entitled to reparations.
[/quote]

....says the man at 4.2k NS. Your blatant mudslinging in our threads is just that, mudslinging. You're not here to discuss things. Logical responses from us go ignored, and responding to you only provokes more footstamping and whimpering. Take your insignificance elsewhere.