Crazy times in UCN

[center][img]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z286/Vielwerth/Announcementbanner.png[/img][/center]

So now that we have successfully made UCN the biggest laughing stock in CN its time for some seriousness. A few days ago merger talks with FEAR failed. The failure caused many of the govt to lose the will to lead the alliance and they then left to start anew. The sudden departure of the government members leaving demoralized the remaining government. These members with the best intentions thought that disbanding was the only course. However they did not discuss this with the general membership. Since UCN is a democratic alliance the membership has decided to ignore the last act of that government and continue onward.

Since the membership was lacking in leading experience they asked me to come out of my retirement and help assist in the restoration phase. For the time being UCN will be having a temporary government set up until we are back on our feet.

Technically/Legally The disbandment did in fact happen. Therefore all our existing treaties are now considered null and void. However since the disbandment isnt going to happen (at least for the time being) UCN will be trying to keep said treaties and ask for the patience of our allies. As for our blocs we still remain members.

[s]As for the forum mess we have set up a temporary home at http://s1.zetaboards.com/CNUCN/index/
[/s]

New forums: http://www.cn-stravaganza.net/ucn/index.php

Our new government will be as followed

DarkFox - Head of State
Joamer - Minister of defense
Erik - Minister of Interior
Lewiscowper - Minister of Foreign Affairs

I apologize for our recent unprofessionalism and the mistakes made. While I cannot make what happened go away we can hope to make it through this mess. Thank you for your time and consideration

Oh yes and there are bunnies.

[center][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_FUM9Rja2N0M/SgspA8OL43I/AAAAAAAAAFM/744KJ-_QTnQ/s400/zombie_bunny.jpg[/img][/center]

Short Summary: UCN is still alive stop trying to recruit us

Edit: Grammarfail

Edit 2: The MDoAP between UCN has been rewritten and now stands as it once did.

[quote]

Friends to the table
A United Purple Nations and United Commonwealth of Nations Mutual Defense, Optional Aggression Pact

Harm shall not come

Neither signatory shall engage in any type of warfare against the other. Neither signatory shall engage in any type of warfare against any alliance that the the other signatory is obliged to defend without a separate treaty mandating a declaration of war.

Secrets not be kept

Each signatory agrees to share all intelligence that pertains to the security and well-being of the other.

Harm to come to friendless men

If either signatory comes under attack for any reason, then the other will declare war upon the aggressor.

Aggression moves to strike

If either signatory declares war on another alliance for any reason, then the other signatory has the option of declaring war as well.

Not till death may part

Should either signatory wish to withdraw from this treaty, they must give the other 120 hours notice. "Harm shall not come" stays in place for 35 days after the treaty is dissolved.

Signed for United Purple Nations

Prime Minister- Peggy Sue
Minister of Foreign Affairs - SirDelirium
Minister of Internal Affairs -NORAD
Minister of Defense - Greene345
Minister of Communications - DeadflyProductions

Signed for United Commonwealth of Nations

DarkFox (Head of State)
Lewiscowper (MoFA)
Joamer (MoD)
Erik (MoI) [/quote]

Edited by darkfox

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='LokiLockpicker' date='25 April 2010 - 09:26 PM' timestamp='1272248744' post='2275298']
Good luck on a speedy recovery effort, our friends :)
[/quote]
USN (or at least I) approve of this reformation. Good luck you lot.

Edited by Dexomega

Once again, this is NOT what happened.

We did NOT leave because of the merge failing. The merge failed because we left. Get it right. None of you "insiders" were actually "inside", so instead of acting like children and playing the guessing game, shouting out random stuff and going "OH YEAH, SAY THAT NOW!", act like the adults most of you pretend to be and wait for facts.

As of my last intel (about 45 seconds ago), the name UCN will not be used in the new alliance.

Edit: Darkfox wasn't "In retirement" as he suggests, but had actually left the alliance.

Edited by Ernesto Che Guevara

Best of luck moving forward UCN...no alliance is successful without facing its fair share of rough patches. I think it speaks volumes that even after the past government left, so many members stayed behind and tried to salvage their alliance and reform into something better. I commend you, and I support you. Once again, best of luck.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='25 April 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1272248963' post='2275308']

We did NOT leave because of the merge failing. The merge failed because we left. Get it right. None of you "insiders" were actually "inside", so instead of acting like children and playing the guessing game, shouting out random stuff and going "OH YEAH, SAY THAT NOW!", act like the adults most of you pretend to be and wait for facts.

As of my last intel (about 45 seconds ago), the name UCN will not be used in the new alliance.

Edit: Darkfox wasn't "In retirement" as he suggests, but had actually left the alliance.
[/quote]

He speaks the truth. The reason they fell through is because the government was tired of dealing with uncooperative, lazy, rude members, who were not helping with the merge, but only hindering by shooting down all ideas, but not offering any suggestions. Trust me. I was one of the members who was stalling everything and disagreeing with all ideas without offering much.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='25 April 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1272248963' post='2275308']

[/quote]

I just repeated what I was told by those who were there at the time.

As for the name, what claim do you have on it? You blame me for leaving yet you and many others also decide to leave and lay claim on the alliance still? I returned because they asked me to help. Whether or not UCN lives is not up to me or you. It is up to those that stayed and want it to live on.

For clarification yes I was indeed in retirement. My retirement brought me outside of the alliance and I plan on returning to my retirement once this is back on track.

[quote name='darkfox' date='25 April 2010 - 07:38 PM' timestamp='1272249478' post='2275327']
I just repeated what I was told by those who were there at the time.

As for the name, what claim do you have on it? You blame me for leaving yet you and many others also decide to leave and lay claim on the alliance still? I returned because they asked me to help. Whether or not UCN lives is not up to me or you. It is up to those that stayed and want it to live on.

For clarification yes I was indeed in retirement. My retirement brought me outside of the alliance and I plan on returning to my retirement once this is back on track.
[/quote]

I'm not blaming you, I was just stating that you left UCN. Was this, or was this not, true?

I apologize when I sounded a bit harsh, but when I find myself being lied about, it kinda pisses me off.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='25 April 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1272249579' post='2275330']
I'm not blaming you, I was just stating that you left UCN. Was this, or was this not, true?

I apologize when I sounded a bit harsh, but when I find myself being lied about, it kinda pisses me off.
[/quote]

I understand. I was misinformed about why you guys left. My apologies for the slander. Yes as is fact for the past month I have been in another alliance and again I plan on returning to it once the new government and new forums are in place.

[quote name='TheFlyingLobster' date='26 April 2010 - 03:33 AM' timestamp='1272249206' post='2275319']
He speaks the truth. The reason they fell through is because the government was tired of dealing with uncooperative, lazy, rude members, who were not helping with the merge, but only hindering by shooting down all ideas, but not offering any suggestions. Trust me. I was one of the members who was stalling everything and disagreeing with all ideas without offering much.
[/quote]

I think most governments in CN will agree that they have to deal with all of the above...however, most of them will never go ahead with a merger which their membership does not support---why would they ? It makes no sense. The utmost responsibility of any government is to protect and serve its citizens (members), and in this case you left your members out to dry because they did not want to merge with another alliance, I no like.

:ph34r:

[quote name='KingEd' date='25 April 2010 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1272250123' post='2275350']
I think most governments in CN will agree that they have to deal with all of the above...however, most of them will never go ahead with a merger which their membership does not support---why would they ? It makes no sense. The utmost responsibility of any government is to protect and serve its citizens (members), and in this case you left your members out to dry because they did not want to merge with another alliance, I no like.

:ph34r:
[/quote]

The membership fully supported this merge 110%. But after UCN decided on a suggested name and flag, and FEAR rejected it, it all went down the drain. We spent a good week trying to figure out a new name to suggest, and every time we got one. Someone would object, and because of democracy, we'd have to start again. Eventually, after a week, it was too much.

[quote name='TheFlyingLobster' date='25 April 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1272250280' post='2275361']
The membership fully supported this merge 110%. But after UCN decided on a suggested name and flag, and FEAR rejected it, it all went down the drain. We spent a good week trying to figure out a new name to suggest, and every time we got one. Someone would object, and because of democracy, we'd have to start again. Eventually, after a week, it was too much.
[/quote]

This is why democracy is no good.

[quote name='darkfox' date='25 April 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1272248544' post='2275292']
A few days ago merger talks with FEAR failed. The failure caused many of the govt to lose the will to lead the alliance and they then left to start anew.
[/quote]

The way I understood it was that people left, causing the failure.

[quote name='Lord Boris' date='25 April 2010 - 07:59 PM' timestamp='1272250735' post='2275386']
The way I understood it was that people left, causing the failure.
[/quote]

Yes it was primarily government that had left.

I am sure there were other reasons though. I was not here at the time.

Edited by darkfox