GOONS Announcement

[quote name='Alaric' date='26 April 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1272312071' post='2276285']
You would like to or you have?
[/quote]

You would have felt silly to ask that if you had bothered to quote it now, wouldn't you?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vasuda' date='26 April 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1272308130' post='2276211']
Also, who is this Dr. Beefstupid character? It must certainly be a testament to RV's presence on this world that someone out there believes he actually warrants a Bizarro version of himself. Well done, RV.
[/quote]

What, the avatar? I just think it looks nice. Very distinguished, I must say. If RV happens to use the same one, I see no reason why I should have to change.

[quote name='Vasuda' date='26 April 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1272308130' post='2276211']
Incorrect, good sir. You have not come anywhere close to providing me with as much entertainment as RV has; in this thread, or countless others.
[/quote]

They have a cure for that nowadays:
[img]http://www.thinktechno.com/wp-content/uploads/farm1.static.flickr.com/151/434828113_beb19a5961_o.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Vasuda' date='26 April 2010 - 06:55 PM' timestamp='1272308130' post='2276211']
Also, who is this Dr. Beefstupid character? It must certainly be a testament to RV's presence on this world that someone out there believes he actually warrants a Bizarro version of himself. Well done, RV.
[/quote]
6k posts and a two-year time investment for a short-bus kid? ..w...o....w

[quote name='Vasuda' date='27 April 2010 - 04:55 AM' timestamp='1272308130' post='2276211']
Incorrect, good sir. You have not come anywhere close to providing me with as much entertainment as RV has; in this thread, or countless others.

Edit: And I almost forgot to mention that I would greatly enjoy seeing GOONS carry out just one of their threats directed at an alliance with treaty partners, and that it would just be icing on the cake if the chosen alliance was FEAR.
[/quote]
There's no need to take your anger out on me, yo. You're just angsty because you know if GOONs actually did hit FEAR; IAA and RV together wouldn't be able to do jack to change the outcome.

[quote name='Mushroom Man' date='26 April 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1272337869' post='2276832']
There's no need to take your anger out on me, yo. You're just angsty because you know if GOONs actually did hit FEAR; IAA and RV together wouldn't be able to do jack to change the outcome.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]And you have to ask yourself this, do GOONS' allies really want another war after just having come out of the last one? Especially considering that FEAR has done absolutely nothing to warrant any aggression from GOONS.

Although I do believe there is a story to be told here. Now, GOONS, I am sure you would love to pretend this is about your elections and not about FEAR, but let's face the truth, you simply could not control yourself and had to mention them. So let's have it. A series of "rogues" has been attacking FEAR over the last few weeks. All of the former GOONS. GOONS has also been taunting FEAR at every possible moment. If I didn't know better, I'd say GOONS was trying to provoke FEAR into attacking them. Unfortunately for GOONS, FEAR is not stupid enough to grant them that wish.

So, GOONS, if you are so tough, why don't you just attack FEAR? You do want war, no? Why all this silliness? I thought you fellows were tough, straightforward. Seems to me, with all these antics, that you are nothing but crying little children. I should not have expected anything more from you.[/color]

[quote name='nippy' date='26 April 2010 - 03:49 PM' timestamp='1272311367' post='2276275']
Enjoy your sausage, and try not to get mustard down the front of your nice clean anime shirt.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Nippy, my dear, when you try insult someone do make an effort not to insult yourself in the process.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='26 April 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1272338935' post='2276859']

[color="#0000FF"]Nippy, my dear, when you try insult someone do make an effort not to insult yourself in the process.[/color]
[/quote]

I saw it the same way.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='26 April 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1272338935' post='2276859']
[color="#0000FF"]And you have to ask yourself this, do GOONS' allies really want another war after just having come out of the last one? Especially considering that FEAR has done absolutely nothing to warrant any aggression from GOONS.

Although I do believe there is a story to be told here. Now, GOONS, I am sure you would love to pretend this is about your elections and not about FEAR, but let's face the truth, you simply could not control yourself and had to mention them. So let's have it. A series of "rogues" has been attacking FEAR over the last few weeks. All of the former GOONS. GOONS has also been taunting FEAR at every possible moment. If I didn't know better, I'd say GOONS was trying to provoke FEAR into attacking them. Unfortunately for GOONS, FEAR is not stupid enough to grant them that wish.

So, GOONS, if you are so tough, why don't you just attack FEAR? You do want war, no? Why all this silliness? I thought you fellows were tough, straightforward. Seems to me, with all these antics, that you are nothing but crying little children. I should not have expected anything more from you.[/color]
[/quote]
If I didn't know better, I'd say you were trying to provoke GOONS into attacking FEAR. Unfortunately for you, GOONS isn't stupid enough to grant you that wish.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='26 April 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1272338935' post='2276859']
[color="#0000FF"]I thought you fellows were tough, straightforward.[/color][/quote]

Even when you compliment GOONS you're way off.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='27 April 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1272343014' post='2276935']
If I didn't know better, I'd say you were trying to provoke GOONS into attacking FEAR. Unfortunately for you, GOONS isn't stupid enough to grant you that wish.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I already know you aren't going to attack FEAR. I am merely stating that you've been trying to provoke them, that's all. Now, please, do yourself a favor and try to reply to me with more than simple turnabouts from now on because I know you can do better than this.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='27 April 2010 - 05:29 AM' timestamp='1272338935' post='2276859']
[/quote]

Oh, cuddlebug, how would I be able to post without your insightful advice? :blush:

[quote name='Lennox' date='27 April 2010 - 05:33 AM' timestamp='1272339171' post='2276863']
I saw it the same way.
[/quote]

Lapdog much?

Edited by nippy

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='26 April 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1272347774' post='2277069']
[color="#0000FF"]I already know you aren't going to attack FEAR. I am merely stating that you've been trying to provoke them, that's all. Now, please, do yourself a favor and try to reply to me with more than simple turnabouts from now on because I know you can do better than this.[/color]
[/quote]
Oh dear, was that almost a compliment? I'll take it!

Honestly, your post is the first I'd ever heard of any ex-GOONS going rogue on FEAR (although if you can send me some information on it, I'd be very interested), and if you think that we have been taunting FEAR at "every possible moment" then you must have a very low opinion of our ability to taunt. I just think you're acting on your predilection for drama and trying to make something big out of something very little.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='27 April 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1272348479' post='2277082']
Oh dear, was that almost a compliment? I'll take it!

Honestly, your post is the first I'd ever heard of any ex-GOONS going rogue on FEAR (although if you can send me some information on it, I'd be very interested), and if you think that we have been taunting FEAR at "every possible moment" then you must have a very low opinion of our ability to taunt. I just think you're acting on your predilection for drama and trying to make something big out of something very little.
[/quote]

He's trying to turn it into something because he wants an excuse to paint GOONS as horribly obnoxious jerks. I'd be willing to put money on it that his prior experiences with goons haven't been all that great and he now thinks that by goading you guys into saying that you want to attack FEAR (which is something you have already admitted to) will somehow make the rest of the cyberverse have a sudden epiphany that goons are truly something awful (see what I did there?) and need to be destroyed forever. Which is incredibly moronic because saying "We would like to attack FEAR, but aren't going to" is basically the equivalent of saying "I [i]could[/i] spend 5million dollars on a golden cat, but I [b]won't[/b]". He obviously is trying way to hard to be taken even the least bit seriously by anyone with enough braincells to discern his reasoning/rationalizations.

Hey RV, do you even post in non-goon related threads. Just seems like the goons can't even fart without you commenting on it.

[quote name='The AUT' date='25 April 2010 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1272247101' post='2275245']
As in they'd like to, but didn't.

Although at any time I'd like to invite them too, though I'm not in FEAR, and show them how far they'd get.

You too, are cordially invited.

Congrats on the government anyways.
[/quote]

I, for one, believe CDT would stop SF dead in its tracks should it "try anything".

[quote name='Haflinger' date='27 April 2010 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1272370637' post='2277255']
FEAR are not in CDT.
[/quote]

Their MADPs are both with CDT alliances. I think it's quite obvious which bloc they're closest to. Granted, CDT definitions of "MADP" are a bit fuzzy. But that's not the topic so let's drop the CDT line and get back to giving RV lots and lots of attention.

[quote]I spotted it. There was no way that was a real rant. The problem was that RV primed everyone else into defensive mode. [/quote]

You give RV too much credit. I don't think anyone feels threatened enough by RV to go into "defensive mode".

Edited by Penkala