GOONS Announcement

what I find amusing is how utterly ridiculous you are.

The idea that an alliance of 225 can have that much of an effect is utterly bloody ludicrous, and you know it.

However, it also amuses me greatly that someone would think this is true, so I'm just going along with it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go chase some people off the planet.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mushroom Man' date='26 April 2010 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1272254181' post='2275542']
The moral of this story seems to be that no matter how ridiculously emotive and far-fetched someone is.. Without smileys, there is no sarcasm.
[/quote]

I spotted it. There was no way that was a real rant. The problem was that RV primed everyone else into defensive mode.

[quote name='nippy' date='26 April 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1272254283' post='2275545']
I spotted it. There was no way that was a real rant. The problem was that RV primed everyone else into defensive mode.
[/quote]
I preach the teachings of Rebel Virginia himself.. I am the apprentice that has surpassed the teacher.

(Well done).

[quote name='Lamuella' date='26 April 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1272254368' post='2275547']
the sad thing is, it's not the most ridiculous thing anyone's claimed we've done. At least you didn't say we broke the peace treaty written on every man's heart.
[/quote]
I knew I was missing something crucial! Must have flunked that lecture.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='25 April 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1272253600' post='2275497']
[OOC]We do almost all our recruiting from outside the game, and we are growing fast. Ergo, we are bringing more people into the game than any other alliance our size. This is one of the least informed "goons are bad" rants I've seen in a long time. Try harder[/ooc]
[/quote]
[ooc]It's true. I am a member of Something Awful; however, I'm not on CN Goons, I knew about the game before I saw it on SA.[/ooc]

Congrats on elections! :smug:

Edited by Gunnar Griffin

[quote name='BloodFury' date='26 April 2010 - 12:09 AM' timestamp='1272254963' post='2275566']
Ohh Noes, One power hungry GOONS Government Replaced by Another. :o

I still <3 you guys though.

o/ GOONS
[/quote]

No replacements, just added some new positions.

E: Actually I think we did replace one. Adjucator, but only because we haven't seen the old one in a few weeks and we are behind on our adjucating needs.

Edited by salithus

This is an outrage! I know it was a while ago, but my election to GOONS Council did not receive an announcement. I am hurt and declare that I am on strike. I will not declare any wars on FEAR until my unspecific demands have been met.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='25 April 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1272259591' post='2275712']
This is an outrage! I know it was a while ago, but my election to GOONS Council did not receive an announcement. I am hurt and declare that I am on strike. I will not declare any wars on FEAR until my unspecific demands have been met.
[/quote]

We better do what he says. He's a bit of a loose cannon!

[quote name='Mushroom Man' date='25 April 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1272254181' post='2275542']
The moral of this story seems to be that no matter how ridiculously emotive and far-fetched someone is.. Without smileys, there is no sarcasm.
[/quote]
Bravo sir, Bravo
I thought we had a new RV on the boards

[quote name='ktarthan' date='26 April 2010 - 02:26 AM' timestamp='1272259591' post='2275712']
[/quote]

GOONS have elections (wut?) +1
GOONS member personally outraged by lack of announcement and goes on strike +1
GOONS wants to attack FEAR +1

This [i]Scale of Outrage[/i] ranks [b]3[/b] on a slide of 1 to 10.

----

Congrats on elections.

Oh yeah? And what other announcements have you been hiding?

Passed 200 members? We're at 225!
Passed 1.5m NS? We've done it twice!

All I want is for the little newblings to have something to be proud of! What kind of monsters are you?!

[quote name='Mushroom Man' date='26 April 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1272254395' post='2275549']
I preach the teachings of Rebel Virginia himself.. I am the apprentice that has surpassed the teacher.

(Well done).
[/quote]
Incorrect, good sir. You have not come anywhere close to providing me with as much entertainment as RV has; in this thread, or countless others.

Also, who is this Dr. Beefstupid character? It must certainly be a testament to RV's presence on this world that someone out there believes he actually warrants a Bizarro version of himself. Well done, RV.

Edit: And I almost forgot to mention that I would greatly enjoy seeing GOONS carry out just one of their threats directed at an alliance with treaty partners, and that it would just be icing on the cake if the chosen alliance was FEAR.

Edited by Vasuda

[quote name='Vasuda' date='26 April 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1272308130' post='2276211']
Incorrect, good sir. You have not come anywhere close to providing me with as much entertainment as RV has; in this thread, or countless others.

Also, who is this Dr. Beefstupid character? It must certainly be a testament to RV's presence on this world that someone out there believes he actually warrants a Bizarro version of himself. Well done, RV.

Edit: And I almost forgot to mention that I would greatly enjoy seeing GOONS carry out just one of their threats directed at an alliance with treaty partners, and that it would just be icing on the cake if the chosen alliance was FEAR.
[/quote]

Enjoy your sausage, and try not to get mustard down the front of your nice clean anime shirt.