GOONS Announcement

[quote name='Penkala' date='27 April 2010 - 02:26 PM' timestamp='1272371163' post='2277261']
You give RV too much credit. I don't think anyone feels threatened enough by RV to go into "defensive mode".
[/quote]

True, although he's one of the most vocal anti-GOONS people on this board and we (especially Lamuella) always feel compelled to answer his criticisms of our alliance. We can't help it...the blue text is mesmerizing.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penkala' date='27 April 2010 - 08:16 AM' timestamp='1272370585' post='2277254']
I, for one, believe CDT would stop SF dead in its tracks should it "try anything".
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Last time I checked SF had nothing to do with this. Why do you believe we will back GOONS should they decide to attack FEAR for no reason?[/color]

[quote name='Penkala' date='27 April 2010 - 08:26 AM' timestamp='1272371163' post='2277261']
Their MADPs are both with CDT alliances. I think it's quite obvious which bloc they're closest to. Granted, CDT definitions of "MADP" are a bit fuzzy. But that's not the topic so let's drop the CDT line and get back to giving RV lots and lots of attention.[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I truly do wonder when you will realize the "RV just wants attention" defense really doesn't work. And it is remarkable how inconsistent people are in applying it. When I criticized the NPO and Co. it was they who used it, and people like you who cheered me on. These days it is the other way around. All that is changed is the face of the hypocrites. My values remain the same.

Also, if I am looking for attention solely because I voice my opinion, doesn't that make you and everyone else guilty of the same crime? Oh, that's right, I have a different opinion than the choir of the loudest these days, so there clearly must be something wrong with me.

Lastly, I have really said nothing about me. I have merely brought up GOONS unwarranted hostility towards FEAR. You are the ones whom are trying to make this about me. If you do not wish for this to be, then simply address my points instead of attacking my character.
[/color]

[quote]You give RV too much credit. I don't think anyone feels threatened enough by RV to go into "defensive mode".
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Again you just make yourselves look silly. If I were of no threat to the public's opinion of GOONS they wouldn't be putting so much effort into attempting to discredit me. GOONS clearly cares what most people think of them, despite their claims to the contrary, and they see me as a danger for that reason. NPO also claimed that I was irrelevant, yet it was I and a few other vocals such as Starfox101, West of Eden, and eventually Doitzel and Sponge who eventually turned the world against the NPO.

The face of evil may change but its words do not, and your arguments are no more valid now than they were used by the NPO.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Penkala' date='27 April 2010 - 08:26 AM' timestamp='1272371163' post='2277261']
Their MADPs are both with CDT alliances. I think it's quite obvious which bloc they're closest to. Granted, CDT definitions of "MADP" are a bit fuzzy. But that's not the topic so let's drop the CDT line and get back to giving RV lots and lots of attention.
[/quote]
GOONS are also not in SF. :P

[quote name='Lamuella' date='27 April 2010 - 10:04 AM' timestamp='1272377026' post='2277310']
it was a little strange to see this reduced to two blocs that we're not in and they're not in.
[/quote]
Its because GOONS are evil and assassinated 15000 rulers of planet bob. :smug:

Congrats on the elections.

Edited by James Maximus

I call this post: [i]Rebel Virginia: Champion of the Strawman[/i]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='27 April 2010 - 05:47 AM' timestamp='1272372437' post='2277274']
[color="#0000FF"]I truly do wonder when you will realize the "RV just wants attention" defense really doesn't work. And it is remarkable how inconsistent people are in applying it. When I criticized the NPO and Co. it was they who used it, and people like you who cheered me on. These days it is the other way around. All that is changed is the face of the hypocrites. My values remain the same.

Also, if I am looking for attention solely because I voice my opinion, doesn't that make you and everyone else guilty of the same crime? Oh, that's right, I have a different opinion than the choir of the loudest these days, so there clearly must be something wrong with me.

Lastly, I have really said nothing about me. I have merely brought up GOONS unwarranted hostility towards FEAR. You are the ones whom are trying to make this about me. If you do not wish for this to be, then simply address my points instead of attacking my character.
[/color]
[/quote]
Even if you were correct about everything you said 100% of the time, that would not refute the assertion that you are an attention-seeker. As well, just because you were correct about something in the past does not prove anything else you say is correct. I agree that "RV is an attention seeker" does not prove anything either, but countering an empty argument with an empty argument is really kind of silly.

No one said anything about you being an attention seeker because you voice your opinion, or because your opinion is different. This is a demon that you yourself have conjured, with no evidence yet given to support it.

Lastly, you don't need to talk about yourself to garner attention. There's... not much more I need to say to support that. It's just simply true.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='27 April 2010 - 05:47 AM' timestamp='1272372437' post='2277274']
[color="#0000FF"]Again you just make yourselves look silly. If I were of no threat to the public's opinion of GOONS they wouldn't be putting so much effort into attempting to discredit me. GOONS clearly cares what most people think of them, despite their claims to the contrary, and they see me as a danger for that reason. NPO also claimed that I was irrelevant, yet it was I and a few other vocals such as Starfox101, West of Eden, and eventually Doitzel and Sponge who eventually turned the world against the NPO.

The face of evil may change but its words do not, and your arguments are no more valid now than they were used by the NPO.[/color]
[/quote]
Again, past precedent cannot be counted as evidence towards a current situation simply by virtue of "I was right". Fortune tellers and horoscopes are often "right" as well, and sometimes while being more specific than the majority of what you say.
We counter your posts you because you actively try to defame us. That is all. We will defend our position regardless of who attacks it - and often our position is something that the public does not like regardless.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='27 April 2010 - 07:47 AM' timestamp='1272372437' post='2277274']
If I were of no threat to the public's opinion of GOONS they wouldn't be putting so much effort into attempting to discredit me.[/quote]

Change "discredit" to "mock" and you're starting to get somewhere.

Edited by Dr Beefstupid

Rebel Virgina, just wanted to say I appreciate the support and you are correct on all accounts. Sooner or later GOONS will get what's coming to them, just as they did before. In the meantime, I wouldn't bother arguing with them. It's not about who's right or wrong, they just like to get people riled up. It's pretty much they're sole purpose.

Also, if GOONS straight up attacked. First of all, they couldn't touch our top tier, so have fun harassing the easily rebuilt bottom-tier, GOONS. Our nations are just so much older, it's not even fair really. Secondly, our MDPs would chain like wild fire. We might lose in the end due to it basically being Karma War 3.0, but GOONS would not come out lookin' pretty I guarantee that much. That's why they taunt us, in hopes that we will be the aggressors. Might even say they FEAR us. ^_^

[quote name='Canik' date='28 April 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1272428447' post='2278131']
Also, if GOONS straight up attacked. First of all, they couldn't touch our top tier[/quote]
My nation could certainly touch up your top tier :ehm:

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='27 April 2010 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1272428710' post='2278141']
My nation could certainly touch up your top tier :ehm:
[/quote]

With your nation being the only exception, and a negligible exception at that, since your nation almost completely overshoots our top tier in NS.

Edited by thedon125

[quote name='Canik' date='28 April 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1272428447' post='2278131']
Rebel Virgina, just wanted to say I appreciate the support and you are correct on all accounts. Sooner or later GOONS will get what's coming to them, just as they did before. In the meantime, I wouldn't bother arguing with them. It's not about who's right or wrong, they just like to get people riled up. It's pretty much they're sole purpose.

Also, if GOONS straight up attacked. First of all, they couldn't touch our top tier, so have fun harassing the easily rebuilt bottom-tier, GOONS. Our nations are just so much older, it's not even fair really. Secondly, our MDPs would chain like wild fire. We might lose in the end due to it basically being Karma War 3.0, but GOONS would not come out lookin' pretty I guarantee that much. That's why they taunt us, in hopes that we will be the aggressors. Might even say they FEAR us. ^_^
[/quote]

Could I be ordered to engage FEAR for 4 days again? That'd be grand my good friend.

Edited by Xodiaen

[quote name='thedon125' date='28 April 2010 - 03:50 PM' timestamp='1272430221' post='2278188']
With your nation being the only exception, and a negligible exception at that, since your nation almost completely overshoots our top tier in NS.
[/quote]
Fair enough point I suppose. I mean, losing your top-ranked nation would make a rather negligible difference to the quality of your alliance, I agree :smug:

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Canik' date='28 April 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1272428447' post='2278131']
[/quote]

This whole part right here made me chuckle a bit, I must say. Kudos on that man. :P

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='27 April 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1272430714' post='2278203']
Fair enough point I suppose. I mean, losing your top-ranked nation would make a rather negligible difference to the quality of your alliance, I agree :smug:
[/quote]

Uh, warchest bro? We gots it. Plus you are just one nation. It would take FOREVER to take Swefinn down by yourself, and you would fall with him. Even after 30 straight days of war with the whole of CnG, I'm not worried. Heh, that must be embarrassing. Even after the war you can't take us one on one. You want to so bad, lmao.. that's plain to see with all your talk.. but you can't without your protectors. Ohh, so sad. ^_^

[b]GOONS Wonders -[/b]

19 Manhattan Projects
10 Strategic Defense Initiatives
4 Weapons Research Complexes

[b]FEAR Wonders -[/b]

33 Manhattan Projects
28 Strategic Defense Initiatives
12 Weapons Research Complexes

Yeah... so, um.. talk more please? :smug:

EDIT: OMG! You outnumber us! I take it all back, we'd get pwned hardcore! Oh.. wait a second, we were outnumbered just as much in the last war, except by much stronger, and much more nuclear nations. Whew, freaked out there for a second. But no, FEAR still > GOONS.

Edited by Canik

[quote name='Canik' date='28 April 2010 - 07:51 AM' timestamp='1272433889' post='2278255']
Uh, warchest bro? We gots it. Plus you are just one nation. It would take FOREVER to take Swefinn down by yourself, and you would fall with him. Even after 30 straight days of war with the whole of CnG, I'm not worried. Heh, that must be embarrassing. Even after the war you can't take us one on one. You want to so bad, lmao.. that's plain to see with all your talk.. but you can't without your protectors. Ohh, so sad. ^_^

[b]GOONS Wonders -[/b]

19 Manhattan Projects
10 Strategic Defense Initiatives
4 Weapons Research Complexes

[b]FEAR Wonders -[/b]

33 Manhattan Projects
28 Strategic Defense Initiatives
12 Weapons Research Complexes

Yeah... so, um.. talk more please? :smug:
[/quote]

Someone bust out a keg, a yard stick, and an Alex Trebek.

Boys, boys, boys. Can't we all just get along? I know the answer to that, but short of us all unzipping and comparing, this argument will just result further buildup of anger and such, and I'd hate to see that spent improperly. That being said, why don't you all do what you're good at and flame me?

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='28 April 2010 - 07:57 AM' timestamp='1272434232' post='2278263']
Boys, boys, boys. Can't we all just get along? I know the answer to that, but short of us all unzipping and comparing, this argument will just result further buildup of anger and such, and I'd hate to see that spent improperly. That being said, why don't you all do what you're good at and flame me?
[/quote]

You smell like you look and you're horrible at using chopsticks. Also, buttes.

Canik, GOONS are better than FEAR. You should just admit it.

I'll take pot-stirring for 500, Alex.

To our great allies in FEAR, and to you in GOONS, what ever grievances you have, whether legitimate, or just some fun smack talk, I'd be wary of those on the side-lines goading you on who have an interest in seeing you two blow each other up, to their advantage/amusement.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='27 April 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1272434232' post='2278263']
[/quote]
Arg why are you being such a jerk about UCN just leave them alone and I don't like the name of your new alliance or something.

In conclusion, I'm really satisfied with the GOONS election.

[quote name='nippy' date='28 April 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1272434349' post='2278266']
You smell like you look and you're horrible at using chopsticks. Also, buttes.

Canik, GOONS are better than FEAR. You should just admit it.
[/quote]

At causing drama, yes.

In a war, no.

So, congratulations. You can talk smack but you can't back it up. Personally, I prefer being in the alliance that talks quietly and carries a big stick. To each his own though. ^_^

[quote name='Canik' date='28 April 2010 - 08:08 AM' timestamp='1272434869' post='2278281']
Personally, I prefer being in the alliance that talks quietly and carries a big stick. [/quote]

You fail to talk quietly, just as you fail to carry a 'big stick'. :smug:

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='27 April 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1272437120' post='2278304']
I go into battle with a toothpick, apparently.
[/quote]
That's what she said...