GOONS Announcement

[quote name='Canik' date='28 April 2010 - 02:08 AM' timestamp='1272434869' post='2278281']
At causing drama, yes.

In a war, no.

So, congratulations. You can talk smack but you can't back it up. Personally, I prefer being in the alliance that talks quietly and carries a big stick. To each his own though. ^_^
[/quote]

How'd fighting Xodi go?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Canik' date='27 April 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1272434869' post='2278281']
At causing drama, yes.

In a war, no.

So, congratulations. You can talk smack but you can't back it up. Personally, I prefer being in the alliance that talks quietly and carries a big stick. To each his own though. ^_^
[/quote]
If that is your preference, why do you not practice it?

[quote name='salithus' date='28 April 2010 - 11:45 AM' timestamp='1272469494' post='2278523']
How'd fighting Xodi go?
[/quote]

I can answer that for ya. Fought six FEAR nations at Canik's behest. I put four of them into anarchy while not being set into anarchy once myself. I tonked their lower numbers while their upper range members in my range were completely ineffective at, well, everything. It was quite sad, actually, when contrasted against how smug and arrogant the GRAND CHANCELLOR HIMSELF sounded in his communiques.

I ended up making a lot of money and tech. Then we got FEAR to pay reps because Canik [i]can't keep his word[/i]. The attacks continued, unsanctioned, and I being the bigger person did not attack back. They STILL failed to put me into anarchy. Was great.

Can we do that again, Canik? Pretty please?

[quote name='Xodiaen' date='28 April 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1272480887' post='2278677']
I can answer that for ya. Fought six FEAR nations at Canik's behest. I put four of them into anarchy while not being set into anarchy once myself. I tonked their lower numbers while their upper range members in my range were completely ineffective at, well, everything. It was quite sad, actually, when contrasted against how smug and arrogant the GRAND CHANCELLOR HIMSELF sounded in his communiques.

I ended up making a lot of money and tech. Then we got FEAR to pay reps because Canik [i]can't keep his word[/i]. The attacks continued, unsanctioned, and I being the bigger person did not attack back. They STILL failed to put me into anarchy. Was great.

[/quote]

I vote Xodi for Grand Chancellor of Planet Bob :smug:

[quote name='Xodiaen' date='28 April 2010 - 01:55 PM' timestamp='1272480887' post='2278677']

[/quote]

^ This is the full story and completely unbiased. :rolleyes:

I won't deny though that you did give those tech sellers a hell of a time. You're a tech raider, so that shouldn't come as a surprise really.

All that other bs aside, point is.. put up or shut up.

Again I ask, why do you not practice your preference of "speaking softly"? Is GOONS really that special that you make an exception for us? Regardless, I have the feeling that it might suit you much better than what you are trying to do right now.

[quote name='Canik' date='28 April 2010 - 04:51 PM' timestamp='1272433889' post='2278255']
Plus you are just one nation. It would take FOREVER to take Swefinn down by yourself[/quote]
I think I'd disagree with you there - I'd imagine it would be rather quick actually, [i]ceteris paribus[/i].

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='29 April 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1272523872' post='2279626']
You guys all completely missed the point of my first point. You were supposed to hate me, then realize you have hating me in common, shake hands, fall in love, run away together and all of Planet Bob would forever be in peace.
[/quote]

Sorry who are you again?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='25 April 2010 - 09:49 PM' timestamp='1272246570' post='2275230']
[color="#0000FF"]I see you answered my question. And they know it too. Which is why they prefer hitting individuals such as Methrage since they know there won't be any real consequences.[/color]
[/quote]
What I've learned from fighting GOONS is they are afraid of losing more than any other alliance due to their overall weakness, but if they can gain an edge in war they'll drag it on as long as they can and try forcing those who want peace to beg for mercy on their "mercy board" and whatever else they decide to humor themselves. This is why no progress has gotten made peace wise, as I'm not going to agree to such terms or even try when that's what they consider a start in reaching some kind of peace, as they use sanction requests from third party alliances to try forcing these.

While my war with GOONS is going I'll use any aid sent to try unleashing nukes and destroying them as well, although I'm currently 3 days bill locked watching my infra approach zero again. If a few people with FAC send me aid I'll be able to fight back again and unleash WRC powered nukes. Its a good investment for anyone who dislikes GOONS, for just the one aid slot they can cause GOONS to get hit hard without them knowing who funded it.

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 07:07 AM' timestamp='1272542839' post='2279767']
What I've learned from fighting GOONS is they are afraid of losing more than any other alliance due to their overall weakness, but if they can gain an edge in war they'll drag it on as long as they can and try forcing those who want peace to beg for mercy on their "mercy board" and whatever else they decide to humor themselves. This is why no progress has gotten made peace wise, as I'm not going to agree to such terms or even try when that's what they consider a start in reaching some kind of peace, as they use sanction requests from third party alliances to try forcing these.

While my war with GOONS is going I'll use any aid sent to try unleashing nukes and destroying them as well, although I'm currently 3 days bill locked watching my infra approach zero again. If a few people with FAC send me aid I'll be able to fight back again and unleash WRC powered nukes. Its a good investment for anyone who dislikes GOONS, for just the one aid slot they can cause GOONS to get hit hard without them knowing who funded it.
[/quote]
There you go again, completely justifying our actions again.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='29 April 2010 - 08:14 AM' timestamp='1272543270' post='2279773']
There you go again, completely justifying our actions again.
[/quote]
You haven't even offered any peace terms since almost a week before you attacked (pointless at the time), and since then its been a joke as well. I was attacked and had fun with it since my nation was getting nuked by \m/ and Gremlins at the time anyways, but I never launched any wars on GOONS and they fought me while I was still finishing up full length wars with \m/ and Gremlins getting nuked daily. Then you also used a sanction while attacking after I was worn down still fighting Gremlins and \m/, you guys attacked me at a bad time. It wasn't me attacking you, it was you guys hitting me when I didn't expect it fighting others and then you have continued hitting with me no intention of peace.

In such a situation I'm forced to absorb the attacks when broke, but use any money I can get to fight back.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 02:18 PM' timestamp='1272543466' post='2279776']
You haven't even offered any peace terms since almost a week before you attacked (pointless at the time), and since then its been a joke as well. I was attacked and had fun with it since my nation was getting nuked by \m/ and Gremlins at the time anyways, but I never launched any wars on GOONS and they fought me while I was still finishing up full length wars with \m/ and Gremlins getting nuked daily. Then you also used a sanction while attacking after I was worn down still fighting Gremlins and \m/, you guys attacked me at a bad time. It wasn't me attacking you, it was you guys hitting me when I didn't expect it fighting others and then you have continued hitting with me no intention of peace.

In such a situation I'm forced to absorb the attacks when broke, but use any money I can get to fight back.
[/quote]

Please take your crying back to your own tear-filled thread in World Affairs. I know it's hard to believe, but this thread isn't about you.

e: it is there where you will find a link to a location on our forums where you can cry and beg us for mercy. Those are our 'peace terms' for you, rogue.

Edited by nippy

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 05:18 AM' timestamp='1272543466' post='2279776']

[/quote]
Hey look, a rogue is trying to justify his actions by forgetting to mention that he's a rogue. There is so much spin going on in this post it makes me a little dizzy just reading it.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='29 April 2010 - 10:49 AM' timestamp='1272552560' post='2279866']
Hey look, a rogue is trying to justify his actions by forgetting to mention that he's a rogue. There is so much spin going on in this post it makes me a little dizzy just reading it.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure you don't know what rogue even means or what your talking about. You're just using it just to mean an enemy of GOONS, but that doesn't make someone a rogue.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1272558193' post='2279925']
I'm pretty sure you don't know what rogue even means or what your talking about. You're just using it just to mean an enemy of GOONS, but that doesn't make someone a rogue.
[/quote]

You are a rogue, sir. Now please, go whine in your own thread. This thread isn't about you.

[quote name='Methrage' date='29 April 2010 - 09:23 AM' timestamp='1272558193' post='2279925']
[/quote]
This has been discussed ad nauseum in the thread actually about this topic, and you (and others) have failed to refute our definition of rogue, and most support our argument. If you would like to try again, go post about it there.

Edited by ktarthan