Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

[quote name='Infidel Israeli' date='15 April 2010 - 09:15 PM' timestamp='1271391317' post='2262233']
I read this thinking it was going to be interesting...nope, just methrage. Though GOONS, still kinda sad you had to sanction him.
[/quote]
Please, please. Do note that there is a distinction between "had to" and "wanted to". We of all people are not afraid of a little radiation, but when we have the power to strip a nuclear rogue of his ability to build nukes, why would we not?

Also it results in threads like this, which are entertaining enough on their own.

Edit: Nippy, Nippy, fast as lightning!

Edited by ktarthan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='janax' date='16 April 2010 - 12:27 AM' timestamp='1271392044' post='2262242']
You attack Methrage....so he's a nuclear rogue.

Yah, that makes sense. I really wish I had uranium right now.
In fact, feel free to tech raid us.
[/quote]

Do you always post in threads when you obviously don't know what they're about?

I think its worth noting that unless you plan on going along with whatever crap GOONS, Umbrella, and their friends are doing, the black team is no longer a good place to be with the increasing abuse lately. Until Xavii loses his senate seat you might suddenly get randomly sanctioned if one of their allies attack you.

I would advise those in Umbrella to shift all their votes over to Meer Republic at least, can't trust Xavii anymore with the position. Not only did you screw up my trades, but members of LOSS, OG and other alliances.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='janax' date='15 April 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1271392044' post='2262242']
You attack Methrage....so he's a nuclear rogue.

Yah, that makes sense. I really wish I had uranium right now.
In fact, feel free to tech raid us.
[/quote]
Please do not comment on an issue that you have not the knowledge to comment on. This issue extends far before we did indeed attack him.

Edit: Wow, bad luck on speed tonight.

Edited by ktarthan

Has he been sanctioned for being a "nuke rogue" as claimed a few times in this thread?

Yes.

Did GOONS initiate the war?

Yes.

So, apparently by GOONs logic, defending yourself makes you a rogue.

I did not, however look at the war reason before hand. I assumed it was one of your stupid tech raids. Instead, it was Methrage being attacked because he "talks too much"

Here is me talking. I'm waiting.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='16 April 2010 - 12:35 AM' timestamp='1271392488' post='2262247']
Please do not comment on an issue that you have not the knowledge to comment on. This issue extends far before we did indeed attack him.

[/quote]
It started with you guys saying you didn't consider the aid I sent to count since you got the guy deleted, so we weren't really at war. Then suddenly several weeks later I get demands for surrender and declared on by nippy while already fighting a tech raider and Gremlin. Also I had more members when declaring any wars.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='ktarthan' date='15 April 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1271392488' post='2262247']

[/quote]

I'm going to go ahead and comment on anything I wish. Thanks.

Please feel free to try and shut me up too.

[quote]To: Methrage From: Kevlar Date: 4/15/2010 8:44:33 PM

Subject: Sanctions!
Message: Trade and Foreign Aid sanctions have been setup against your nation by Kevlar of the Brown team. You will no longer be allowed to trade or send/receive foreign aid with members of the Brown team while these sanctions are active and all non-secret trades with the Brown team have been canceled.[/quote]

Another request from GOONS or was this one done with your own free will? Either way brown barely has any trades anyways and your not making it look like an attractive place. If another brown senator would remove that it would be appreciated.

Methrage I have lumber and spices and moving from black. (As if sanctioning trades on black actually makes a difference, lol things are bad as is). I'm going to blue, if you can switch to blue I can send you that trade if you need it.

Edited by The AUT

[quote name='janax' date='16 April 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1271392627' post='2262250']
Has he been sanctioned for being a "nuke rogue" as claimed a few times in this thread?

Yes.

Did GOONS initiate the war?

Yes.

So, apparently by GOONs logic, defending yourself makes you a rogue.

I did not, however look at the war reason before hand. I assumed it was one of your stupid tech raids. Instead, it was Methrage being attacked because he "talks too much"

Here is me talking. I'm waiting.
[/quote]

You missed quite a few details in your story. You obviously didn't read any of the past 5 pages and just decided to post because of your (laughably) transparent hate for GOONS.

Let me help you out:

[quote]Aiding a nations GOONS is at war with makes you a rogue, yes.[/quote]

[quote]Yes, we should totally tolerate people aiding our enemies, I totally see where you are coming from. We have been fools this whole time, please, tell us more about how we should conduct ourselves. [/quote]

So, back to my original question. Do you always post in threads when you obviously don't know what they're about?

[quote name='The AUT' date='16 April 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1271393148' post='2262258']
Methrage I have lumber and spices and moving from black. (As if sanctioning trades on black actually makes a difference, lol things are bad as is). I'm going to blue, if you can switch to blue I can send you that trade if you need it.
[/quote]
I have spice already, but I'll do it as temp trade for the lumber as that would help. Others can send me trade requests of stuff I don't have, right now I just want to fill up my trades at least.

My native resources are spice and iron.

Bah, some people just aren't versed in the fine art of roguery.

Anyone who has read even a portion of the babble Methrage has been spewing the past few days about this general incident and honestly believes he is not a rogue has lost the ability to think rationally.

[quote name='Methrage' date='16 April 2010 - 05:49 AM' timestamp='1271393331' post='2262264']
I have spice already, but I'll do it as temp trade for the lumber as that would help. Others can send me trade requests of stuff I don't have, right now I just want to fill up my trades at least.

My native resources are spice and iron.
[/quote]

Sent. ahh good to be back home on blue. Good luck in your wars man.

[quote name='Vesalius' date='16 April 2010 - 12:50 AM' timestamp='1271393412' post='2262265']
Bah, some people just aren't versed in the fine art of roguery.

Anyone who has read even a portion of the babble Methrage has been spewing the past few days about this general incident and honestly believes he is not a rogue has lost the ability to think rationally.
[/quote]
How do you define rogue? The only action that could be considered similar was declaring on Gremlins, although I had 2 members at the time.

I have no hate for Goons. I enjoyed blowing you guys up last time. Some of the most fun I had in CN

I nothing you.
I do, however, think sanctions are over the top and I'm disappointed that Umbrella would go along with it.

I am happy that Nippy will eat some nukes either way though.

[quote name='Methrage' date='16 April 2010 - 12:51 AM' timestamp='1271393486' post='2262267']
How do you define rogue? The only action that could be considered similar was declaring on Gremlins, although I had 2 members at the time.
[/quote]

Do you think if you keep repeating this it makes your purposeful aiding of a nation GOONS is at war with go away?

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1271393486' post='2262267']
[/quote]
You aided our enemies, this is not rocket science. You can't find an alliance with sense that doesn't consider that an act of war.

[quote name='Biazt' date='16 April 2010 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1271393566' post='2262269']
Do you think if you keep repeating this it makes your purposeful aiding of a nation GOONS is at war with go away?
[/quote]
It did go away, that transaction and nation vanished, as well as you guys saying you didn't consider it an act of war at the time.

[quote name='Methrage' date='16 April 2010 - 06:45 AM' timestamp='1271393125' post='2262257']
Another request from GOONS or was this one done with your own free will? Either way brown barely has any trades anyways and your not making it look like an attractive place. If another brown senator would remove that it would be appreciated.
[/quote]

Pretty soon you're going to run out of colors to complain about. :awesome:

[quote name='janax' date='16 April 2010 - 05:52 AM' timestamp='1271393516' post='2262268']
I have no hate for Goons. I enjoyed blowing you guys up last time. Some of the most fun I had in CN

I nothing you.
I do, however, think sanctions are over the top and I'm disappointed that Umbrella would go along with it.

I am happy that Nippy will eat some nukes either way though.
[/quote]

Depends on if meth can keep himself above 1k infra. Not an easy task for him right now.

[quote name='nippy' date='16 April 2010 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1271393690' post='2262277']
Pretty soon you're going to run out of colors to complain about. :awesome:
[/quote]
You think every color will listen you guys? Somehow I doubt blue, orange, or several others would resort to this stuff