Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

[quote name='Methrage' date='16 April 2010 - 06:51 AM' timestamp='1271397049' post='2262417']
What are you even sanctioning me for again? I've had 3 members at some points, but is this sanction because I declared on Gremlins or do you consider being declared on by GOONS going rouge now?
[/quote]
Try thinking of why GOONS declared on you. That's the key to why you are classified as a Rouge.

(No I do not consider The Citadel as an alliance.)

Edited by Xavii

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Xavii' date='16 April 2010 - 07:57 AM' timestamp='1271397434' post='2262427']
(No I do not consider The Citadel as a alliance.)
[/quote]

Neither did Methrage...he's now sporting the AA 'Nexus'. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1271395195' post='2262337']
You didn't say you recognized that, wouldn't consider it war, etc. Peace had already been settled in that matter by nobody declaring at the time and you guys saying you didn't think we were at war. Then several days later when I'm down a few thousand infra I get 2 GOONS declare on me and convince Umbrella to sanction me, as I know a fair fight isn't something GOONS can win ever.
[/quote]
Now... I find this a very interesting statement for you to make.

Let me introduce Exhibit A from the GOONS War Declaration thread:
[quote name='Methrage']
Edit: Once my wars clear and I have 7 nukes stocked maybe I'll just one on one nippy for lulz and consider this over after a cycle of war with him. Since no one is going declare on me I hardly consider myself at a state of war with them, although I don't know if they are trying to troll me out of attacking, but it doesn't work that way.
[/quote]
First, you state that you'd need to restock nukes in order to declare on a nation without an MP or SDI in a one on one. [b]Real[/b] fair fight.

Then second, [b]you[/b] decide that you aren't in a state of war with GOONS. Sorry bub, but once you have committed acts of war against GOONS, that is no longer up to you to decide.

[quote name='nippy' date='16 April 2010 - 01:59 AM' timestamp='1271397541' post='2262430']
Neither did Methrage...he's now sporting the AA 'Nexus'. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Its actually Citadel right now, I had it there for a little bit playing around with name ideas.

Anyways I consider an alliance 2 or more people, I haven't aided enemies of GOONS or declared on anyone while not having at least that many members.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1271378803' post='2261992']
I used to consider Umbrella a friend as well, but seems they lack enough ability to think for themselves enough not to automatically sanction when GOONS ask.
[/quote]

I used to consider Umbrella friends too. I am switching teams and couldn't decide between blue and black... This makes my decision much easier. Not too cool, Umbrella.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 April 2010 - 12:56 AM' timestamp='1271397375' post='2262425']
[color="#0000FF"]Who are you to decide what an alliance is? I find that to be an even worse precedent. Unfortunately it has already been set. Doesn't mean I plan on recognizing it.[/color]
[/quote]

One man, by the nature of the phrase alliance, is not an alliance. That is just one nation with a subtitle. Far more importantly, an alliance is determined (By pretty much any alliance) by its capacity to levy power in its name and safeguard its existence, through either defensive treaties or numbers. Fifteen nations makes for a good estimate of strength to say "This is an alliance, or at least a collection of nation of non-negligible strength, and to get involved with them will necessitate greater attention and resource than an unprotected and weaker collective".

Perfection is impossible, there are probably fifteen man alliances that are terrible, four man alliances that, in being close together in strength, are quite difficult to crack. However, in law only so much room can be made for interpretation (as has been allowed in the GOONS charter), and far more important is a basic, non-obtuse yardstick for at what point GOONS begins to respect the sovereignty of any collection.

Power is not a right given to all, power is something created and held by those who can hold it.

Edited by Alonois

[quote name='nippy' date='16 April 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1271396963' post='2262412']
GOONS declared on CSA because CSA had a member that aided two nations we were at war with. We approached them diplomatically and they refused to take action. I would have figured that you'd be able to gather that by reading the thread, but perhaps not.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]So one nation aided two nations? Nations which were on your ZI list only because you are petty individuals. I'd have helped them too. I do not believe that bullies such as yourself should be tolerated.

Also, it appears that GOONS is now demanding exorbitant reparations or that they be allowed to ZI me. See, see how petty these guys are?[/color]

[quote name='Methrage' date='16 April 2010 - 08:00 AM' timestamp='1271397618' post='2262432']
Its actually Citadel right now, I had it there for a little bit playing around with name ideas.

Anyways I consider an alliance 2 or more people, I haven't aided enemies of GOONS or declared on anyone while not having at least that many members.
[/quote]

Yes, you did. You're unbelievably dense. You aided someone we were at war with. Changing AA's mid-war doesn't end a war.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 April 2010 - 06:56 AM' timestamp='1271397375' post='2262425']
[color="#0000FF"]Who are you to decide what an alliance is? I find that to be an even worse precedent. Unfortunately it has already been set. Doesn't mean I plan on recognizing it.[/color]
[/quote]
Be reasonable, sanctions are in the game to help combat nuclear rogues in particular. There has to be a line somewhere or else every rogue will simply post a DoE to protect against sanctions.

Let me ask you, when do you feel sanctions are justifiable?

Edited by Xavii

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 April 2010 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1271397755' post='2262436']
[color="#0000FF"]So one nation aided two nations? Nations which were on your ZI list only because you are petty individuals. I'd have helped them too. I do not believe that bullies such as yourself should be tolerated.

Also, it appears that GOONS is now demanding exorbitant reparations or that they be allowed to ZI me. See, see how petty these guys are?[/color]
[/quote]

What in the world are you talking about? :mellow:

[quote name='nippy' date='16 April 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1271397934' post='2262443']
[/quote]

GOONS aren't really people, so when people attack us and break the infrastructure of our weakest nations, or launch nukes or missiles at us without provocation (Or, I suppose, being GOONS is always a justifiable CB), any damage is unimportant because we're not really people.

Now when we retaliate and try to end the problem before it grows even larger, we're just being evil, hateful, and petty.

Edited by Alonois

[quote name='nippy' date='16 April 2010 - 02:05 AM' timestamp='1271397934' post='2262443']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Don't try denying it sweet cheeks. You know its true. Feigning ignorance on this one won't help you out.[/color]

[quote name='nippy' date='16 April 2010 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1271397847' post='2262439']
Yes, you did. You're unbelievably dense. You aided someone we were at war with. Changing AA's mid-war doesn't end a war.
[/quote]
I don't know what your talking about anymore, I never claimed switching AA's end wars.

[quote name='Methrage' date='16 April 2010 - 08:09 AM' timestamp='1271398169' post='2262452']
I don't know what your talking about anymore, I never claimed switching AA's end wars.
[/quote]

There's that density again. The person you aided and accepted onto your AA was at war with us.

[quote name='nippy' date='16 April 2010 - 02:11 AM' timestamp='1271398267' post='2262455']
There's that density again. The person you aided and accepted onto your AA was at war with us.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]The CSA was composed of new people. People who did not fully understand the ways of the world. Yet you continued to prey on people who had done nothing to you. To drive away. It is a tragedy. The world needs more dedicated rulers, but so long as petty bullies are allowed to act unchecked, that will not be the case.[/color]

[quote name='JimKongIl' date='16 April 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1271397702' post='2262433']
I used to consider Umbrella friends too. I am switching teams and couldn't decide between blue and black... This makes my decision much easier. Not too cool, Umbrella.
[/quote]
Well, well, well, I must say it is surprising to read this sort of thing coming from a fellow former member of the Order of the Paradox. I must admit, I don't recall seeing this sort of outrage from you when you were a member of TOP and we arranged to have nuclear rogues sanctioned. Hypocrisy runs deep in some threads on the OWF, I suppose.

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='16 April 2010 - 02:14 AM' timestamp='1271398481' post='2262459']
Well, well, well, I must say it is surprising to read this sort of thing coming from a fellow former member of the Order of the Paradox. I must admit, I don't recall seeing this sort of outrage from you when you were a member of TOP and we arranged to have nuclear rogues sanctioned. Hypocrisy runs deep in some threads on the OWF, I suppose.
[/quote]
I'm not a nuclear rogue though.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 April 2010 - 08:14 AM' timestamp='1271398450' post='2262458']
[color="#0000FF"]The CSA was composed of new people. People who did not fully understand the ways of the world. Yet you continued to prey on people who had done nothing to you. To drive away. It is a tragedy. The world needs more dedicated rulers, but so long as petty bullies are allowed to act unchecked, that will not be the case.[/color]
[/quote]

You are, indeed, a dedicated ruler. Carry on your never-ending crusade of justice, my good man.

[quote name='nippy' date='16 April 2010 - 02:16 AM' timestamp='1271398570' post='2262462']
You are, indeed, a dedicated ruler. Carry on your never-ending crusade of justice, my good man.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]It is true. I will not stop. I will never stop.[/color]

[quote name='Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz' date='16 April 2010 - 02:17 AM' timestamp='1271398640' post='2262463']
That's not what you've been promising nippy now, is it?
[/quote]
He declared on me, so its not nuke rogue when I nuke him.

[quote name='Methrage' date='16 April 2010 - 08:22 AM' timestamp='1271398914' post='2262469']
He declared on me, so its not nuke rogue when I nuke him.
[/quote]

You promised to declare on me and nuke me before I declared on you...or did you forget that?