Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 April 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1271395732' post='2262361']
[color="#0000FF"]The Citadel is a recognized alliance. Also, GOONS started the war. He fought back. This is a tech raid. Raiders are cowards and whine when the target fights back. So their coward friends (that's you, Umbrella) help them. If you can't handle the consequences don't raid.[/color]
[/quote]
Reading comprehension is generally considered a decent skill as well. Though imagination works well in its place.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nippy' date='16 April 2010 - 01:33 AM' timestamp='1271395967' post='2262372']
What does this have to do with anything? Methrage stepped into a war between GOONS and CSA and started harboring and aiding people we were at war with. I didn't attack him without a reason.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]My point is that GATO does not check its facts before it sanctions.

As for your DoW on CSA, it is invalid. It is a tech raid. Methrage did no wrong to GOONS as far as I am concerned, thus Umbrella's actions are unjustified. They will answer for this in time. I shall make sure of that.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='15 April 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1271396269' post='2262385']
[color="#0000FF"]My point is that GATO does not check its facts before it sanctions.

As for your DoW on CSA, it is invalid. It is a tech raid. Methrage did no wrong to GOONS as far as I am concerned, thus Umbrella's actions are unjustified. They will answer for this in time. I shall make sure of that.[/color]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You cant cut my funding! You will regret this![/color]

[quote name='palaceofhate' date='16 April 2010 - 01:39 AM' timestamp='1271396337' post='2262389']
[color="#0000FF"]You cant cut my funding! You will regret this![/color]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Have you anything intelligent to say? I usually do not bother with your type, but I've time aplenty tonight. So, do you have a point or are you simply talking gibberish? It is common for those with nothing of value to say. I mean, I can understand why you would like to say something. Otherwise nobody would have any idea who you are. Actually, I still don't.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 April 2010 - 07:38 AM' timestamp='1271396269' post='2262385']

[/quote]

Explain how it was invalid. I'd love to see your thinking on this.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 April 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1271396269' post='2262385']
[color="#0000FF"]
As for your DoW on CSA, it is invalid. It is a tech raid.[/color]
[/quote]

Why, exactly?

Edited by Biazt

Methrage, I wish to assist you in your crusade against injustice and GOONS. (redundant, I know)

I'm willing to join your alliance and nuke Nippy erday providing you make a good faith gesture of appreciation for my services, 50 tech to fuel my missiles of longing will suffice.

(I'm quite serious)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='15 April 2010 - 11:41 PM' timestamp='1271396486' post='2262393']
[color="#0000FF"]Have you anything intelligent to say? I usually do not bother with your type, but I've time aplenty tonight. So, do you have a point or are you simply talking gibberish? It is common for those with nothing of value to say. I mean, I can understand why you would like to say something. Otherwise nobody would have any idea who you are. Actually, I still don't.[/color]
[/quote]
*palaceofhate is noticeably flustered*[color="#0000FF"] Well sir! If you are going to be like that I am afraid we can no longer discuss this topic "Sanctions as a weapon"![/color] *palaceofhate leaves the room, slamming the door* *Rebel Virginia stares out of his window, wondering what the future holds*

[quote name='nippy' date='16 April 2010 - 01:41 AM' timestamp='1271396496' post='2262394']
Explain how it was invalid. I'd love to see your thinking on this.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Explain to me how it is valid. I'd love to see your thinking on this.

See how this works kiddo? You have to justify yourself. It's call taking responsibility. A new concept to you, I know, but in time you will understand. I am sure GOONS v1 understood, or at least I hope they did. Why, they would have to have been pretty thick not to have gotten the point from the lesson they received.[/color]

[quote name='Smacky' date='16 April 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1271396615' post='2262399']
Methrage, I wish to assist you in your crusade against injustice and GOONS. (redundant, I know)

I'm willing to join your alliance and nuke Nippy erday providing you make a good faith gesture of appreciation for my services, 50 tech to fuel my missiles of longing will suffice.

(I'm quite serious)
[/quote]
I'll send you 50 tech to do that, I don't have enough nukes to get em all.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='15 April 2010 - 11:46 PM' timestamp='1271396764' post='2262404']
[color="#0000FF"]Explain to me how it is valid. I'd love to see your thinking on this.

See how this works kiddo? You have to justify yourself. It's call taking responsibility. A new concept to you, I know, but in time you will understand. I am sure GOONS v1 understood, or at least I hope they did. Why, they would have to have been pretty thick not to have gotten the point from the lesson they received.[/color]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Kids these days... ugh it just makes me SICK!!![/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 April 2010 - 06:29 AM' timestamp='1271395732' post='2262361']
[color="#0000FF"]The Citadel is a recognized alliance. Also, GOONS started the war. He fought back. This is a tech raid. Raiders are cowards and whine when the target fights back. So their coward friends (that's you, Umbrella) help them. If you can't handle the consequences don't raid.[/color]
[/quote]
So if 2 nations decide to go rouge and post a DoE for their 2 man AA they are protected against sanctions? Yea thats a good precedence to set.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 April 2010 - 07:46 AM' timestamp='1271396764' post='2262404']

[/quote]

Wait, so you don't have an answer? Come on, RV...I respect you as the all-time comedy option of posters here. I'd expect you to have a bit more thought put into your responses than that...anyway, here you go:

GOONS declared on CSA because CSA had a member that aided two nations we were at war with. We approached them diplomatically and they refused to take action. I would have figured that you'd be able to gather that by reading the thread, but perhaps not.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1271396878' post='2262408']
I'll send you 50 tech to do that, I don't have enough nukes to get em all.
[/quote]
Confirm with a message to my nation and I'll clear an aid slot.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1271379647' post='2262007']
At this point I think I respect Gremlins more than Umbrella, at least they don't resort to petty tactics like this.
[/quote]
Wait wait wait...Sanctions have been used as a weapon for as long as I can remember...since when is this seen as "the ultimate evil"?

[quote name='Xavii' date='16 April 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1271396929' post='2262411']
So if 2 nations decide to go rouge and post a DoE for their 2 man AA they are protected against sanctions? Yea thats a good precedence to set.
[/quote]
What are you even sanctioning me for again? I've had 3 members at some points, but is this sanction because I declared on Gremlins or do you consider being declared on by GOONS going rouge now?

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 April 2010 - 01:46 AM' timestamp='1271396764' post='2262404']

[/quote]

You already asked this exact same question in the DoW thread. A bunch of people answered you but at that moment you decided to just conveniently disappear from the thread.

Here's part of what you missed:

[quote]Rukunu has been attacking our newest and most inexperienced members for the better part of a year now. While he may very well be one of my favorite people on Planet Bob just for his sheer will and dedication, he is an enemy of GOONS. He is under the previous GOONS AA, and one of our very first actions as an alliance was to declare war on what was left of that alliance.

Rebel Virginia, for you to have the ignorance, gall, and I'm not even sure what else, exactly, to level those accusations is mind-boggling. We decided to not only recognize an alliance that under normal circumstances would not have been recognized as such, but to formally(as opposed to simply "rolling" them) declare war on them after diplomatic talks that myself and others undertook failed. While I admit GOONS get a bit bloodthirsty in any of our war efforts, we have shown CSA respect several orders of magnitude higher than they have shown us. While I apologize(mostly to my fellow goons who have been somewhat bored of late) that this did not happen with a larger alliance that would have, on the face of it, been an "even" fight, I couldn't have chosen the alliance to aid our most dedicated enemy.

While you may not agree with GOONS on the whole, even you must see that our actions here are justified and legitimate. [/quote]

[quote name='Furril' date='16 April 2010 - 07:50 AM' timestamp='1271397025' post='2262416']
Why do you post in blue anyway.

[color=#CCCC00]Isn't yellow more your style?[/color]
[/quote]

RV is an understudy for the Blue Man Group.

[quote name='Smacky' date='16 April 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1271396615' post='2262399']

(I'm quite serious)
[/quote]
You have your aid slots full so I can't send, although one of them isn't accepted yet. If you want to join though I can get you 50 tech whenever slots open. (even if its just to help make sure nippy gets nuked everyday) ;)

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Xavii' date='16 April 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1271396929' post='2262411']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Who are you to decide what an alliance is? I find that to be an even worse precedent. Unfortunately it has already been set. Doesn't mean I plan on recognizing it.[/color]

[quote name='Methrage' date='16 April 2010 - 07:56 AM' timestamp='1271397357' post='2262422']
You have your aid slots full so I can't send, although one of them isn't accepted yet. If you want to join though I can get you 50 tech whenever slots open.
[/quote]

Don't do it, Smacky. :unsure: