The New Grämlins

Iotupa

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='06 April 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1270544529' post='2250228']
[color="#0000FF"]It has been implied elsewhere.[/color]
[/quote]

It can be imlied till the cows come home, when it comes down to it they may let us get rolled to teach us a lesson.

But thanks for the reply RV

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wenwillthisend' date='06 April 2010 - 05:30 AM' timestamp='1270546195' post='2250238']
It can be imlied till the cows come home, when it comes down to it they may let us get rolled to teach us a lesson.

But thanks for the reply RV
[/quote]
I think you all ready know the lesson. As the forces of Planet Bob continue to build against you and as your friends continue remain confused and angry none of that should matter. What should matter is some how you have managed to find some of the most incompetent leadership that has ever been seen on Planet Bob. And that is saying a very great deal. Continue on this course and Gramlins will meet its end, the only question is will it be from the inside or outside. You seem to know, along with everyone else, that this is beyond disastrous. My question is when are you and others going to act to save your alliance? It is clearly the acts of a very few that so tarnish your alliance why not simply remove them and return Gramlins to its rightful place?

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='06 April 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1270548649' post='2250247']
I think you all ready know the lesson. As the forces of Planet Bob continue to build against you and as your friends continue remain confused and angry none of that should matter. What should matter is some how you have managed to find some of the most incompetent leadership that has ever been seen on Planet Bob. And that is saying a very great deal. Continue on this course and Gramlins will meet its end, the only question is will it be from the inside or outside. You seem to know, along with everyone else, that this is beyond disastrous. My question is when are you and others going to act to save your alliance? It is clearly the acts of a very few that so tarnish your alliance why not simply remove them and return Gramlins to its rightful place?
[/quote]

Thus with every alliance there are procedures to follow. Coup's are bad and immoral and elections are a long way away now.

[quote name='wenwillthisend' date='06 April 2010 - 05:27 AM' timestamp='1270549612' post='2250250']
Thus with every alliance there are procedures to follow. Coup's are bad and immoral and elections are a long way away now.
[/quote]

well not to mention coups don't work. just ask TOP and Grämlins how much different they felt when ES was couped? the precedent as set forth by Grämlins is that coups mean nothing. a new leader means nothing. thus, it won't matter whether Grämlins coups Ram or not. they already set a precedent for that matter.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='06 April 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1270562850' post='2250326']
well not to mention coups don't work. just ask TOP and Grämlins how much different they felt when ES was couped? the precedent as set forth by Grämlins is that coups mean nothing. a new leader means nothing. thus, it won't matter whether Grämlins coups Ram or not. they already set a precedent for that matter.
[/quote]
I don't know about TOP, but ES's overthrow meant quite a bit to Grämlins. Their entire policy towards them changed, at least internally.

[quote]The fact that the only alliances that would have any kind of CB is IRON's allies would make it a bit hard for a "coalition" to be formed and defend IRON[/quote]
Have you not been paying attention? 'Community standards' – or 'Karma' – have been CB enough to start two major wars in the last year.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='06 April 2010 - 09:19 AM' timestamp='1270570775' post='2250422']
Have you not been paying attention? 'Community standards' – or 'Karma' – have been CB enough to start two major wars in the last year.
[/quote]
Community standards were cited in ONE war and it was a massive failure on every level, NPO was attacked by the allies and allies' allies of OV. I imagine another attempt to play global policeman would turn out the same way as this last one.

[quote name='wenwillthisend' date='06 April 2010 - 06:27 AM' timestamp='1270549612' post='2250250']
[/quote]
You don't need a coup but your leaders need to answer to you. If your members make it clear that in the next elections they will be removed from power and all they have done reversed they had best start listening. If they do not then your members should vote with their feet and leave at least for the short term and go some place friendly like MHA. I just do not see how doing nothing is an option when your alliance being run into the ground.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='06 April 2010 - 11:19 AM' timestamp='1270570775' post='2250422']
[/quote]

[quote name='Smacky' date='06 April 2010 - 11:45 AM' timestamp='1270572292' post='2250439']
Community standards were cited in ONE war and it was a massive failure on every level, NPO was attacked by the allies and allies' allies of OV. I imagine another attempt to play global policeman would turn out the same way as this last one.
[/quote]

Actually, guys, differing ideas of 'community standards' have been at the core for the justifications for a great many conflicts. Anyone remember all the bawwing over whether or not spying is acceptable? It it's core, that argument was about differing community standards of etiquette/conduct.

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='06 April 2010 - 10:31 AM' timestamp='1270575055' post='2250482']
You don't need a coup but your leaders need to answer to you. If your members make it clear that in the next elections they will be removed from power and all they have done reversed they had best start listening. If they do not then your members should vote with their feet and leave at least for the short term and go some place friendly like MHA. I just do not see how doing nothing is an option when your alliance being run into the ground.
[/quote]

But your position is based on the assumption that the majority of GRE disapprove of this new paradigm.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='06 April 2010 - 01:58 PM' timestamp='1270576713' post='2250508']
But your position is based on the assumption that the majority of GRE disapprove of this new paradigm.
[/quote]

If they do not, then they either have no idea what is going on or the they just as foolish as their leadership.

[quote name='Lord Boris' date='06 April 2010 - 01:49 PM' timestamp='1270576134' post='2250496']
Actually, guys, differing ideas of 'community standards' have been at the core for the justifications for a great many conflicts. Anyone remember all the bawwing over whether or not spying is acceptable? It it's core, that argument was about differing community standards of etiquette/conduct.
[/quote]
Don't forget that such an argument was essentially what caused Planet Bob's first great war. Kind of started Great War 2 if you consider people standing up for Fark a means of protecting the standards of the community.

[quote name='Matthew PK' date='06 April 2010 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1270576713' post='2250508']
[/quote]

Will you or anyone from your alliance enlighten the rest of the planet what your intentions are towards IRON and DAWN, should they agree to an unconditional surrender? And if so, within what time scale?

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='05 April 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1270513059' post='2249761']
I think its pretty clear not even Gre know what they are doing at this point. This is like watching a new micro alliace self destruct but some how its a large old alliance that should have at least one semi competent person in it gov. This guy Ram is gonna end up topping the list of worst alliance leaders of all time.
[/quote]
Right behind P_C, KC, Slayer, yourself and NoWedge. amirite? :smug:

Edited by Chickenzilla

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='06 April 2010 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1270575055' post='2250482']
[/quote]

You assume:

[list]
[*]no one is doing anything
[*]gremlins that do disprove of this move have not made their position clear
[*]our leadership is not listening to us
[/list]

And finally you suggest turning tail and leaving brothers on the field where we can watch them be blown apart from the safety of an accommodating hitchhiker bed.

[quote name='wenwillthisend' date='06 April 2010 - 08:35 AM' timestamp='1270539321' post='2250179']
Is this a threat or just a mere suggestion?

The fact that the only alliances that would have any kind of CB is IRON's allies would make it a bit hard for a "coalition" to be formed and defend IRON. That said CB-less wars have been fought before, or useless CB wars.
Whether our friends would come to our aid or not, I do not know.
[/quote]

Aren't you guys the ones advertising a paperless CN, and now you tell others they don't have a CB because they don't have a written agreement? Why would the rules that (don't) apply to you, apply to others?

After reading the 30+ pages of this thread and trying to get a clue [u]why [/u]on earth you'd want to keep fighting I still don't have an answer. It makes no sense. People start despising you, hell even your own "allies" don't support you anymore. Do you really think that you'll get just a single recruit in the next months? I really doubt that. And all people with a sense in gRAMlins will do what all smart Grämlins have done lone before this war - join TOP.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='06 April 2010 - 04:48 AM' timestamp='1270543695' post='2250222']
[color="#0000FF"]You know, NPO did many of the things they did to make the world a more interesting place. How enjoyable was that for the people on the receiving end? And how did it work out for the NPO once everyone tired of their antics?[/color]
[/quote]
You and I both know you are lying out your $@!. NPO's concerns did not extend past NPO.

[quote name='Shamshir' date='06 April 2010 - 06:02 PM' timestamp='1270591341' post='2250760']
You assume:

[list]
[/list]

And finally you suggest turning tail and leaving brothers on the field where we can watch them be blown apart from the safety of an accommodating hitchhiker bed.
[/quote]
You make it sound like IRON is the one attacking you :rolleyes:

[quote name='Baden-Württemberg' date='06 April 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1270592582' post='2250789']And all people with a sense in gRAMlins will do what all smart Grämlins have done lone before this war - join TOP.
[/quote]

Using those things called facts i think you'll find the majority have made the wise decision of deleting...

RIP steelrat

[quote name='Shamshir' date='06 April 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1270591341' post='2250760']
You assume:

[list]
[/list]

[/quote]

The part "our leadership is not listening to us" was great, a real knee slapper. I literally lol'd and its been an awful long time since ive done that. You should get a medal for the effort though, of course I am assuming your joking B-)

[quote name='Shamshir' date='06 April 2010 - 11:31 PM' timestamp='1270593100' post='2250804']
Using those things called facts i think you'll find the majority have made the wise decision of deleting...

RIP steelrat
[/quote]

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=95431 - Syzygy - Now in TOP
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=61895 - HellAngel - Now in TOP
http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=110612 - necant - Now in TOP

I know Steelrat pretty well, and I know if he didn't delete he'd have followed his friends, to TOP.

And I am quite sure that there are more....so much to your facts. If the facts you argue with in the peace negotiations contain the same amount of truth, I start to understand why trying to get peace with Grämlins is difficult.