Ceasefire

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='18 March 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1268966399' post='2229843']
I can't say one way or the other whether this is a good decision, but if I was making moves that were praised by the people fighting my ally I'd pause for reflection.
[/quote]
This is a move both sides of the spectrum agree merit praise.

What's the matter, you feel like you still need them that bad?

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='18 March 2010 - 11:40 PM' timestamp='1268966399' post='2229843']
I can't say one way or the other whether this is a good decision, but if I was making moves that were praised by the people fighting my ally I'd pause for reflection.
[/quote]

I couldn't expect better comming from Athens...

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='18 March 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1268966749' post='2229850']
This is a move both sides of the spectrum agree merit praise.

What's the matter, you feel like you still need them that bad?
[/quote]
Before this get's misinterpretted, I don't mean it disrespectfully, but you're probably right; OBR isn't [i]needed[/i] at this point in the conflict. Personally, however, I would have remained in a state of active war until final terms were negotiated, even if it my presence was purely symbolic.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='18 March 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1268967465' post='2229864']
Before this get's misinterpretted, I don't mean it disrespectfully, but you're probably right; OBR isn't [i]needed[/i] at this point in the conflict. Personally, however, I would have remained in a state of active war until final terms were negotiated, even if it my presence was purely symbolic.
[/quote]
I think thats what they did with this post though. They havent left the fight, they are still here. They just put their forces on hold until they are actually needed.

[quote name='D34th' date='18 March 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1268967187' post='2229858']
I couldn't expect better comming from Athens...
[/quote]
It's a differing point of view, not a condemnation of OBR as an alliance. Don't get yourself so worked up just because you don't like Athens.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='18 March 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1268967465' post='2229864']
[/quote]
Ok, fair enough. I can see how it could be take that way.

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='19 March 2010 - 03:40 AM' timestamp='1268966399' post='2229843']
[/quote]

Athens questioning the decision of one of the most honorable alliances in CN. This war just keeps getting funnier.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='18 March 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1268968827' post='2229892']
Athens questioning the decision of one of the most honorable alliances in CN. This war just keeps getting funnier.
[/quote]

I really wanna dig up that thread from Experimentum and see who posted in it versus who is saying what now...

Don't get me wrong, OBR's move here makes sense and none should question their staunch support of the Greenland Republic, but when I see things like this they're just too transparent to pass up.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='18 March 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1268968827' post='2229892']
[/quote]
Coming from an alliance that let crymson into gov, this is rich. As I already said, I'm not ripping OBR, just saying that I might have done it differently.

Besides, I think d34th already posted the path of least resistance argument.

[quote name='Duke William I' date='19 March 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1268968992' post='2229895']
So you have announcement just to tell us you have no one to attack? Are you going tell us [b]every[/b]time you do have someone to attack>
[/quote]

Isn't that usually known as a DoW?

In which case, it's frowned upon not to, and can get you in quite a lot of trouble :P

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I rarely get a chance to grace these halls with answers, or retorts. I find it often times foolish to waste ones time arguing over a moot point. However I do think I can shed a little light on the situation at hand and use my powers that be for good instead of mischief. Keep in mind that what I am about to bring to light for you is but my personal takings on this matter. I am not of the proper rank nor file to be spreading the word of the Knights of our Order without being given permission. In fact they may well have my tongue for this.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' date='18 March 2010 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1268961879' post='2229758']
What Sal means - and I essentially agree - is that, since TORN isn't stupid enough to re-engage GR or OBR (or don't have the necessary manpower/capability to, anyway), this announcement is essentially one of White Peace between OBR and TORN from now on.
[/quote]

Make no mistake about our opponents in TORN, they are not fools, they simply kept to their obligations as we have done ourselves. Sometimes your hand is forced in a situation and you must find a way to make the best of it. We were, forgive the pun here, TORN in two directions. With treaties on both sides of the web we had to make decisions, decisions that are very difficult. However, when we made those decisions, our troops landed in the nations of GR's aggressors, with the intent to stop what should never had been. In accordance with our treaties, we don't offer peace till our allies have given or received it, but with no further aggression being shown by TORN, we have also managed to uphold our agreement. We entered this war in defense of GR, not for personal gain or destruction of TORN, and lest it turn and bite us in the backside, we have no reason to further engage an already weak and I would bet somewhat remorseful enemy.

For those of you saying that this is our peace offer, it is not, if they should fire again we fire again. But when you stop and think about that, isn't peace really just a ceasefire. If I were to give you peace and then shoot you, would you not shoot back? If I were to give you peace and then steal your jewels would you not come for revenge? I would just like to make it known that the world of BOB will never know peace, because peace is but a lie. The truth about peace is that it is always given by the stronger of the two sides, and why? Simply put peace is nothing but an acceptance of your inability to be the victor, and thus by giving peace to someone you are making them agree to you being the better. In fact, If you could rule the entire planet of BOB with no one standing in your way you indeed would, and you would stick your hand in every cookie jar if not the threat of broken fingers, and you would rape the weak at every whim without the threat of punishment, so peace is nothing but your resignation letter in the grand scheme of things. Peace is but an extension of the fear you have, and therefore only exists in the minds of the weak willed. For anyone with the fortitude to stand against the unjust and prevail in the face of decimation deserves the right to manifest his destiny as he so chooses. And with that, I leave you to ponder my side in all of this. And hopefully I have given you something to banter back and forth about as I know some of you need desperately in these great halls of Drama-nations.

Edited by SlimJD33

[quote name='SlimJD33' date='18 March 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1268970426' post='2229910']
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I rarely get a chance to grace these halls with answers, or retorts. I find it often times foolish to waste ones time arguing over a moot point. However I do think I can shed a little light on the situation at hand and use my powers that be for good instead of mischief. Keep in mind that what I am about to bring to light for you is but my personal takings on this matter. I am not of the proper rank nor file to be spreading the word of the Knights of our Order without being given permission. In fact they may well have my tongue for this.

Make no mistake about our enemies at TORN, they are not fools, they simply kept to their obligations as we have done ourselves. Sometimes your hand is forced in a situation and you must find a way to make the best of it. We were, forgive the pun here, TORN in two directions. With treaties on both sides of the web we had to make decisions, decisions that are very difficult. However, when we made those decisions, our troops landed in the nations of GR's aggressors, with the intent to stop what should never had been. In accordance with our treaties, we don't offer peace till our allies have given or received it, but with no further aggression being shown by TORN, we have also managed to uphold our agreement. We entered this war in defense of GR, not for personal gain or destruction of TORN, and lest it turn and bite us in the backside, we have no reason to further engage an already weak and I would bet somewhat remorseful enemy.

For those of you saying that this is our peace offer, it is not, if they should fire again we fire again. But when you stop and think about that, isn't peace really just a ceasefire. If I were to give you peace and then shoot you, would you not shoot back? If I were to give you peace and then steal your jewels would you not come for revenge? I would just like to make it known that the world of BOB will never know peace, because peace is but a lie. The truth about peace is that it is always given by the stronger of the two sides, and why? Simply put peace is nothing but an acceptance of your inability to be the victor, and thus by giving peace to someone you are making them agree to you being the better. In fact, If you could rule the entire planet of BOB with no one standing in your way you indeed would, and you would stick your hand in every cookie jar if not the threat of broken fingers, and you would rape the weak at every whim without the threat of punishment, so peace is nothing but your resignation letter in the grand scheme of things. Peace is but an extension of the fear you have, and therefore only exists in the minds of the weak willed. For anyone with the fortitude to stand against the unjust and prevail in the face of decimation deserves the right to manifest his destiny as he so chooses. And with that, I leave you to ponder my side in all of this. And hopefully I have given you something to banter back and forth about as I know some of you need desperately in these great halls of Drama-nations.
[/quote]

tl;dr: We're cowards.

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='18 March 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1268970601' post='2229915']
tl;dr: We're cowards.
[/quote]

You're really bad at propaganda. If you're trying to smear OBR, which is what I'm guessing you're trying to do, simply spewing nonsense isn't enough. You have to at least make it somewhat logical and present it as such.

Good move OBR. With GR no longer under offensive attacks by TORN for a while now this makes sense.

[quote name='Ellis' date='18 March 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1268970582' post='2229914']
I think you're in the wrong order :P
[/quote]

Just because you have honor doesn't mean you don't have common sense as well. :P

I know what we stand for, and I stand by it.

Edited by SlimJD33

[quote name='SlimJD33' date='18 March 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1268970908' post='2229920']
Just because you have honor doesn't mean you don't have common sense as well. :P

I know what we stand for, and I stand by it.
[/quote]
this is Planet Bob. Honor is a lie :v:

Edited by Newhotness

We would like to thank the Rosular Kingdom for their conduct throughout our conflict. You gentlemen are fine opponents and while we have found ourselves on opposite sides of this war, you have earned our respect and shown yourselves to be every bit as honorable as we have heard. It is a pleasure to know that honor dignity and respect are not virtues lost to Bob. We appreciate your decision in this matter and will refrain from launching attacks against GR.

Also, to those who are misinformed that OBR has no nations in range, you should be aware that the there are numerous nations within the Rosular Kingdom within range of our nations.

It has been a pleasure engaging you fine knights and dames. We wish you well.