Accepting the Consequenses of War

TonytheTiger

When faced with back breaking reps vs continuation of conflict  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If every alliance a CnG member talked about rolling took it seriously then next to every ally we have as well as every member of CnG itself would have to declare on everyone. There are jokes all over the MK forums about rolling various alliances none of which are taken seriously by anyone so using that as a reason for war is next to claiming that they have been breathing our air.

[quote name='AirMe' date='17 March 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1268853250' post='2228428']
You mean Archon isn't Dear Leader?
[/quote]

Archon will always be my Dear Leader. :wub:

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all missed the point, though. The point was that you guys may think threats and insults on the OWF are a joke, but the rest of us can sometimes mistake it as being serious and take action. Call us crazy, but I gave you a good example. Perhaps not a very appreciative one, but good nonetheless.

Edit: Don't worry Tiger, I'll be all right. I personally don't take it seriously, coming from Loot Wars (formerly a forum from a game where it took an argument one thousand posts of insults, profanity, and threats in three topics over three weeks to ban a trouble maker. Repeat twice and you've got Loot Wars. You can see how such a forum leaves its members with a disregard to personal threats :x)

Edited by Teddyyo

[quote name='Teddyyo' date='17 March 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1268851676' post='2228406']
Vlad's point is one of the best so far. Let me show another example:

During a small town fair in Kentucky, two KKK members who were recruiting and insulting other races beat up a Native American boy. Despite not ordering the attack, not ordering the recruitment there, and not even knowing the two members were there, the leader of the KKK was convicted, given some jail time, and fined $2.5 million.

C&G knows its members consistently insult and threaten others, including TOP, on the forum. TOP didn't want history to repeat itself, so they hit pre-emptively. While I was in Legion, I know that when that kind of thing happened gov put a clamp on OWF activity to prevent it from going any further. Perhaps C&G should have considered doing this, considering it is what got them warred.

Seems like a more than justified CB by TOP to me.
[/quote]
Oh dear God... say it ain't so! Did you really?

[quote name='Teddyyo' date='17 March 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1268854080' post='2228439']
You all missed the point, though. The point was that you guys may think threats and insults on the OWF are a joke, but the rest of us can sometimes mistake it as being serious and take action. Call us crazy, but I gave you a good example. Perhaps not a very appreciative one, but good nonetheless.
[/quote]

You know, not everything is realpolitik. Nor should it be. Lets compare this to Halo or COD: MW2....not everyone is an MLG player. Some people who are really good are all about having fun. In fact, when a group of people who are all about having fun beats an MLG group it is hilarious to hear the MLG group whine.

Basically what you are saying is we should all play the same way. People have different styles. In fact C&G gets that more than anyone. If everyone played the way I do, it would be boring. It is our difference which makes this game exciting. What does get to me is people running around the forums and negotiations calling other people childish. Get over yourselves, makes me think of noWedge.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Teddyyo' date='17 March 2010 - 02:42 PM' timestamp='1268851676' post='2228406']
Vlad's point is one of the best so far. Let me show another example:

During a small town fair in Kentucky, two KKK members who were recruiting and insulting other races beat up a Native American boy. Despite not ordering the attack, not ordering the recruitment there, and not even knowing the two members were there, the leader of the KKK was convicted, given some jail time, and fined $2.5 million.

C&G knows its members consistently insult and threaten others, including TOP, on the forum. TOP didn't want history to repeat itself, so they hit pre-emptively. While I was in Legion, I know that when that kind of thing happened gov put a clamp on OWF activity to prevent it from going any further. Perhaps C&G should have considered doing this, considering it is what got them warred.

Seems like a more than justified CB by TOP to me.
[/quote]

Skipping over the KKK analogy since it's been laughed at enough already:

So voicing your opinions on the OWF is grounds for war now? And here I was thinking it was SuperGrievances who were supposed to be the big bad ones. Apparently we can't even post how we feel without getting declared on.

[quote name='Teddyyo' date='17 March 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1268854080' post='2228439']
[/quote]

Nothing you say further will detract from the fact that your example could've been made without invoking a white supremacist organization.

You chose the KKK to paint us in as negative light as thinkable and it backfired immensely. Expect no one to take you seriously from here on out, you gambled and lost.

[quote name='Arthur Blair' date='17 March 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1268854673' post='2228453']
Nothing you say further will detract from the fact that your example could've been made without invoking a white supremacist organization.

You chose the KKK to paint us in as negative light as thinkable and it backfired immensely. Expect no one to take you seriously from here on out, you gambled and lost.
[/quote]
Wrong. I chose that example because I saw it on the History Channel last night.

[quote name='Teddyyo' date='17 March 2010 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1268854795' post='2228454']
Wrong. I chose that example because I saw it on the History Channel last night.
[/quote]

All I see is "I wanted to paint you in as negative light as possible and it backfired so now I try to backpedal as hard as I possibly can."

[quote name='Arthur Blair' date='17 March 2010 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1268854868' post='2228456']
All I see is "I wanted to paint you in as negative light as possible and it backfired so now I try to backpedal as hard as I possibly can."
[/quote]
Wrong again. It was on Gangland. The KKK faction was actually called the IKA. The native boy's name was something like Jordan Grueber.

[quote name='Teddyyo' date='17 March 2010 - 07:40 PM' timestamp='1268855121' post='2228459']
Wrong again. It was on Gangland. The KKK faction was actually called the IKA. The native boy's name was something like Jordan Grueber.
[/quote]

I see you're still backpedaling. Just give up, you already sunk yourself and you're not getting that ship to rise out of the waters any time soon. Especially without a salvaging crew, no matter how much you shout "I WASN'T TRYING TO SINK IT" the ship is still going down.

[quote name='AirMe' date='17 March 2010 - 08:25 PM' timestamp='1268854273' post='2228444']
You know, not everything is realpolitik. Nor should it be. Lets compare this to Halo or COD: MW2....not everyone is an MLG player. Some people who are really good are all about having fun. In fact, when a group of people who are all about having fun beats an MLG group it is hilarious to hear the MLG group whine.

Basically what you are saying is we should all play the same way. People have different styles. In fact C&G gets that more than anyone. If everyone played the way I do, it would be boring. It is our difference which makes this game exciting. What does get to me is people running around the forums and negotiations calling other people childish. Get over yourselves, makes me think of noWedge.
[/quote]

I agree CnG has the right to threaten all the alliances they want. TOP also has the right to take any threat toward us or our allies seriously.

Whelp, cover blown guys. Time to pack it up and go home...

Though I do wonder what TOP feels about community and forum standards w.r.t. comparing alliances and leaders to the KKK. I know that was a grave concern of theirs.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='17 March 2010 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1268855601' post='2228468']
Whelp, cover blown guys. Time to pack it up and go home...

Though I do wonder what TOP feels about community and forum standards w.r.t. comparing alliances and leaders to the KKK. I know that was a grave concern of theirs.
[/quote]

I for one am looking forward to how these new community standards will play out. This is just the beginning.

[quote name='Tigerdonia Redux' date='17 March 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1268854078' post='2228438']
Teddyyo, expect to be consistently insulted and threatened by CnG on these forums because of that post. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
You do realize he just compared us to the KKK, right?

You lose all privileges to respect when you do something like that.

Also, inb4 godwin law.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='17 March 2010 - 02:44 PM' timestamp='1268855360' post='2228463']
I agree CnG has the right to threaten all the alliances they want. TOP also has the right to take any threat toward us or our allies seriously.
[/quote]
This. If you want to threaten alliances constantly, you can go do that. But don't complain when alliances take you seriously. Which you were, in fact, doing.

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='17 March 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1268855360' post='2228463']
[/quote]

I have never argued against that at all. I have only disagreed with the way you carried it out.

And another thing, don't turn into a bunch of cry babies when your leader in his DoW says he wants to bloody C&G's nose and people use those words as a rallying cry against you. It is a 2 way street. If you attack someone for their choice of words the same comes back to you. None of this "BAWWWW HE DIDN'T MEAN IT THAT WAY!" When we all know damn well what he meant.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='17 March 2010 - 12:44 PM' timestamp='1268855360' post='2228463']
[/quote]
Have fun taking idle threats seriously enough to declare on a bloc.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='17 March 2010 - 01:44 PM' timestamp='1268858992' post='2228514']
We are having fun, aren't you?
[/quote]
Might as well give up on trying to pester us for lower terms then because I'm pretty content with the current situation and I think a large portion of our side feels the same way.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='Drai' date='17 March 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1268859118' post='2228516']
Might as well give up on trying to pester us for lower terms then because I'm pretty content with the current situation and I think a large portion of our side feels the same way.
[/quote]

I don't know, Sparta seems pretty upset over the idea of eternal war. :lol1:

[quote name='Vladimir Stukov II' date='17 March 2010 - 01:48 PM' timestamp='1268859256' post='2228518']
I don't know, Sparta seems pretty upset over the idea of eternal war. :lol1:
[/quote]
Well I did say "a large portion" :ph34r:

In all honesty I would rather be declaring on 3 nations and nuking than sitting around dreaming about the next war.

Edited by Drai