More peace

Salmia

[quote name='silentkiller' date='27 February 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1267333232' post='2207572']
Thanks for the brilliant rebuttal, we are all more intelligent for it.[/quote]
I only can do so much when given so little to work with.

[quote]
Who decides what an alliance is capable of paying? Mk paid their tech easily, so they were justified? Good to know.
[/quote]
Give me an amount, and compare it to their tech levels at the end of the war. Also, please read my posts. MK had forced wonder decom, which is never acceptable.

There is also a certain amount of change that has occured in the game since 2007. I tend to keep that in mind. Most nations have the money to easily buy tech now, regardless of what war they were just in. As a result, buying 22.5k tech should be easy for TOOL, as there is no size limitation on who can send, and 1.3billion is fairly easy considering they ended up with over 4mil NS I do believe. They probably have nations with bigger warchests then that.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='legion-x' date='27 February 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1267331977' post='2207523']
on behalf of LOSS i want to say how much fun it was to fight tool, they had class, they fought hard and are a great alliance and im glad i got to know them and also MIA THANKS FOR THE MUFFINS
[/quote]

LoSS has made me love you, even Phoebus. It is simply not fair. I had a great time fighting LoSS! Shout out to Desert Ratz for being awesome as well as Lord Nykon.

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' date='27 February 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1267332744' post='2207554']
Terms are kinda confusing to me with this 50/50 stuff, but best I can figure are that reps are $1.3 billion and 17.25k tech?

Pretty poor showing on that, but glad to have some measure of peace. I think this wraps up my alliance's involvement in this fight
[/quote]

It is 22.5k tech.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 February 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1267332872' post='2207558']
Who had declared an offensive war on an alliances supposedly in support of a conflict that said alliances were not in.
[/quote]
Mind elaborating? Interested in your next words.

[quote name='daggarz' date='27 February 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1267332972' post='2207561']
Its only 300 mill. Come on we are a small nearly dead alliance who barely fought in this war.
Oh right.. there is 30 of us and we fought well over 100 wars. Hell I hit 9 guys and we had members who were in 15 wars.
This was off the back of the war with ARES, off the back of the 57th war, off the back of the No DoW war.
And we are not nearly dead! hmph! :(
[/quote]

Wow. Your nations fought over 3 wars each. Reps needed indeed.

[quote name='daggarz' date='28 February 2010 - 06:52 AM' timestamp='1267332972' post='2207561']
Its only 300 mill. Come on [b]we are a small nearly dead alliance[/b] who barely fought in this war.
Oh right.. there is 30 of us and we fought well over 100 wars. Hell I hit 9 guys and we had members who were in 15 wars.
This was off the back of the war with ARES, off the back of the 57th war, off the back of the No DoW war.
[b]And we are not nearly dead![/b] hmph! :(
[/quote]

I think you're a little confused there :blink:

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='28 February 2010 - 04:59 AM' timestamp='1267333378' post='2207583']
[b]I only can do so much when given so little to work with.[/b]

Give me an amount, and compare it to their tech levels at the end of the war. Also, please read my posts. MK had forced wonder decom, which is never acceptable.
[/quote]

Feeling is mutual bud.
MK was at war for 13 days whereas TOOL was at war for a month, again who decides what an alliance is capable of paying? An alliance can pay huge reps but it will take a long time, but that doesnt mean its not capable of paying it.

Good luck TOOL. I thought you did very well and by seeing the reps it seems some opponents did to. It is interesting how the justification for harsh reps is that it was done to them before. You can't state that the justification for harsh reps is that harsh reps were put on you before. If it was an evil thing to have done to your alliance before then it is evil to do it to an alliance now.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 February 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1267333157' post='2207568']
I agree. There is a limit to it being acceptable. This is /nowhere/ nearby that.
[/quote]

What did we do to MK that has ever made it so upset at us that it insults at every possible moment. You all wonder why we are always on opposite sides, well i'll give you one guess why. I supported MK before the Karma war, and MK was well liked within our walls. The general membership thought the terms of most of your side were outrageous during the WoTC. TOOL has never done anything besides being on the opposing side. Every time we post a topic some of your members make it so much clearer about why we are friends with who we are friends with. If you don't care for us fine. You don't have to make that so blatantly obvious at every chance you get. Every alliance should rule how they want to without being taunted and jeered at, is this not what you fought for?

Edited by the dakotans

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='28 February 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1267333432' post='2207587']
Mind elaborating? Interested in your next words.
[/quote]
Read the whole thing. I think I do, if you want further clarification you know where to find me.

[quote name='rabonnobar' date='28 February 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1267333434' post='2207589']
Pathetic. To Sparta and the others who asked for exorbitant reps: people are taking notice. The post-war world, politically, could be chaotic. Remember that some of us will define our foreign affairs by actions such as these.

Good luck TOOL.
[/quote]
So..TOOL can't pay these easily?

What Mia, do you guys not have warchests or something? WHAT ARE YOU TELLING YOUR PEOPLE MIA DAMMIT

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 February 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1267332872' post='2207558']
The beatdown they took + the reparations should convince them to choose their allies more carefully
[/quote]
Throwing out threats against them if they don't change their tune and pick the right friends. They've been allied to IRON for I think, ever. Even if IRON is reduced to rubble, I don't think that will change. TPF was reduced to rubble and they are still allies. I guess we'll have to wait a while for this veiled threat to come to pass.

You are just mad you'll never likely have TOOL as one of CnG's meat shields. :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna lie: I personally hate the reps (though we'll work w/ what we can get and that's fine: it's still doable)

Thnx for the good war, gentleman, best war in my CN career (losing 3/4 of my infra shows that)

To Sparta: Round 2 - more enjoyable though I didn't get to seriously fight anyone (my guy went inactive after day 1 XD)

To RIA: very tough adversary and quite fun getting to know (props to Dani C, California King, Lizzerd King and Marknsaw for the wars, best foes to date :), next to SeparhimJulius from karma - who btw, I'll be getting a rematch someday :D)

to LoSS: good conduct and thnx to Lord Nykon for being a good foe as well ^_^

to MA: I have nothing to say to you at this time

to Nemesis: thnx for not smashing us w/ heavier reps (and understandable w/ your size - tis cool)

to LoUD: good sportmanship (though couldn't any of you at 1st due to being bigger than you though can't say that anymore for myself)

to VE: late entry but like your style and good conduct (waves @ Xanatos: one of those days, you and I are gonna dance)

to IRON: sorry we ran out of gas, we'll make up for it by aiding you when we can after all of this is over

to Argent/Legion/OMFG: thnx for all the support you've gave to us, I and TOOL in general, deeply are grateful for it :D

and Finally to my fellow TOOLs: THANK YOU for enduring throughout this war since day one, those who left: no comments, those who stay: your dedications and valor will not be forgotten, DAMN PROUD of all of you :wub:

edit: for re clarification

Edited by dragonknight1000

[quote name='Weirdgus' date='28 February 2010 - 03:01 PM' timestamp='1267333471' post='2207592']
I think you're a little confused there :blink:
[/quote]

It was sarcasm because TBB called us small and nearly dead.
My pixelated feelings were hurt.
Also wars done, we got some kesh to rebuild should be saweet

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='27 February 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1267332550' post='2207543']
You know your in Sparta right?[/quote]
I wasn't aware; i'm sooooo bad at these things sometimes!
[quote name='The Big Bad' date='27 February 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1267332550' post='2207543'] You know that big inactive alliance that once again has shown that the only thing it is worse at then war is diplomacy?[/quote]
You know that big run-on sentences that can add more and more parts and try to explain everything until the only thing it does is confuse?
[quote name='The Big Bad' date='27 February 2010 - 09:45 PM' timestamp='1267332550' post='2207543'] Looks to me like TOOL beat you all down and you got saved by others. And now your talking smack? Sorry nobody is buying it.
[/quote]
Our allies were standing by to defend ever since rumors of this war developed. Look through the war history and you'll see almost every single ally, defensive and ODP, was standing by and eventually assisted us in defense. This includes key names within NOIR as well. Of course our friends saved us; that's what friends do. We could have taken TOOL/Legion/OMFG ourselves while attacking IRON/TOP, but why deny the assistance of our friends, ready to lock their shields in place with the phalanx, when they ask? With Sparta and her allies working together as a unified front, we cannot be defeated. So I'm sorry we ruined your plan and decided to let our friends come to war with us ;-P

Anyway, this was far too long a reply for someone such as The Big Bad, who I have been very unimpressed with anytime I've seen him.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='28 February 2010 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1267333524' post='2207596']
Feeling is mutual bud.
MK was at war for 13 days whereas TOOL was at war for a month, again who decides what an alliance is capable of paying? An alliance can pay huge reps but it will take a long time, but that doesnt mean its not capable of paying it.
[/quote]
Offer me a situation. I'll give you my personal opinion on if the reparations are within reason. No one decides what an alliance is capable of paying, its a complete matter of opinion on if its acceptable or not.

[quote name='the dakotans' date='28 February 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1267333660' post='2207601']
What did we do to Mk that has ever made it so upset at us that it trolls at every possible moment. You all wonder why we are always on opposite sides, well I'll give you one guess why. I supported Mk before the karma war, and Mk was well liked within our walls. The general membership thought the terms of most of your side was outrageous during the WoTC. TOOL has never done anything besides being on the opposing side. Every time we post a topic some of your members make it so much clearer about why we are friends with who we are friends with. If you don't care for us fine. You don't have to make that so blatantly obvious at every chance you get. Every alliance should play the game how it wants to be played without being taunted and jeered at, is this not what you fought for?
[/quote]
You seem to think I'm upset with you? Not at all. I am upset with your choice of allies and the conduct of some of your members, but I actually like TOOL as an alliance.

[quote name='Velocity111' date='27 February 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1267331561' post='2207497']
Reps are cool and all, but what exactly did TOOL do to warrant 1.775 billion worth of reps? >_>
[/quote]

This man makes a valid point.

Was TOOL alone able to do that much damage to you Sparta?

[quote name='rabonnobar' date='27 February 2010 - 11:00 PM' timestamp='1267333434' post='2207589']
Pathetic. To Sparta and the others who asked for exorbitant reps: people are taking notice. The post-war world, politically, could be chaotic. Remember that some of us will define our foreign affairs by actions such as these.

Good luck TOOL.
[/quote]
Helpful advice, making threats to one of the largest alliances in the game is not gonna help your case.

[quote name='rabonnobar' date='28 February 2010 - 12:00 AM' timestamp='1267333434' post='2207589']

Good luck TOOL.
[/quote]
I'm sure Sparta is shaking in their diamond encrusted boots paid for by TOOL reps.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='28 February 2010 - 05:07 AM' timestamp='1267333854' post='2207612']
[b]Offer me a situation. I'll give you my personal opinion on if the reparations are within reason. No one decides what an alliance is capable of paying, its a complete matter of opinion on if its acceptable or not.[/b]

You seem to think I'm upset with you? Not at all. I am upset with your choice of allies and the conduct of some of your members, but I actually like TOOL as an alliance.
[/quote]

Fair enough, in this situation I guess we can agree to disagree.