Notice of Cancellation

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='24 February 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1267068982' post='2202482']
Do you acknowledge then that the NSO has [i]not[/i] given exclusively white peace in the past, as others have claimed? There's nothing wrong with that, of course.
[/quote]

If you are talking about our contributions in Karma, then yes, I acknowledge it. The sort of reparation that we asked them to pay, $1 I believe it was, does not constitute white peace. We considered it a victory and TPF and Molon Labe surrendered on paper.

But I would like to point that this is just a strawman and it ultimately does not factor into the argument at hand.

Edited by Jrenster

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jrenster' date='24 February 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1267069448' post='2202496']
If you are talking about our contributions in Karma, then yes, I acknowledge it. The sort of reparation that we asked them to pay, $1 I believe it was, does not constitute white peace. We considered it a victory and TPF and Molon Labe surrendered on paper.

But I would like to point that this is just a strawman and it ultimately does not factor into the argument at hand.
[/quote]

There isn't really an argument at hand. Fark and CSN (not sure about GO, don't want to speak for them) seek NSO's surrender to end the war. NSO has stated clearly that they absolutely refuse to surrender. There isn't really much to argue about.

edit: completely forgot GOD, whoops :facepalm:

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='24 February 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1267069138' post='2202485']and this seems par for course for GOD.
[/quote]

You do realize that our alliance was the one trying to get peace for the Sith before the war exploded even harder right? That Xiph spent hours trying to gather everyone together to make it happen, with only a vote from Fark away from them being done? The only thing that's keeping them from peace atm afaik is the egos involved from several folks. When did the world become so that the weaker side gets to pick what terms it wants, and the public turns against the victors?

[quote name='Midkn1ght' date='24 February 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1267069915' post='2202505']
You do realize that our alliance was the one trying to get peace for the Sith before the war exploded even harder right? That Xiph spent hours trying to gather everyone together to make it happen, with only a vote from Fark away from them being done? The only thing that's keeping them from peace atm afaik is the egos involved from several folks. When did the world become so that the weaker side gets to pick what terms it wants, and the public turns against the victors?
[/quote]

I'd say you should read the forums more Mid, but I have too much respect for your sanity to actually recommend you do [i]that.[/i]

The tl;dr is apparently that victory is now immoral.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Coursca' date='24 February 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1267066036' post='2202430']
Nobody else will probably make note of this post, which is unfortunate as it is the most intelligent statement that has been made in the last dozen pages of this thread...but I will.

You're absolutely right...there's not really any one completely correct and unbiased view on this, mine included.
[/quote]

In the absence of any charter, and since I control WRCs equivalent to 1/5 of the total of all those possessed by the GGA, I name myself Emperor of the GGA and grant myself dual membership in TOP.

My first edict as emperor of the GGA is to declare all governments succeeding Prodigal Chieftain invalid, making me his direct successor.

My second edict is to declare that all of my views are both completely correct and unbiased. Assertions to the contrary are thus, necessarily, both incorrect *and* biased.

You, sir, are incorrect and biased.

:P

Edited by WalkerNinja

[quote name='Midkn1ght' date='24 February 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1267069915' post='2202505']When did the world become so that the weaker side gets to pick what terms it wants, and the public turns against the victors?
[/quote]

Some time in the middle of the Karma War, I think.

[quote name='Adrian LaCroix' date='24 February 2010 - 09:57 PM' timestamp='1267070461' post='2202520']
Some time in the middle of the Karma War, I think.
[/quote]
That's exactly why we fought as a part of Karma. Just ask those not involved.

Edited by Goose

[quote name='Midkn1ght' date='24 February 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1267069915' post='2202505']
You do realize that our alliance was the one trying to get peace for the Sith before the war exploded even harder right? That Xiph spent hours trying to gather everyone together to make it happen, with only a vote from Fark away from them being done? The only thing that's keeping them from peace atm afaik is the egos involved from several folks.
[/quote]

Which made NpO's declaration on you all that much more baffling, considering they supposedly did so in order to assist us in getting peace.

Edited by Jrenster

White peace should only be given to those who deserve it. NSO was offered peace plus beer reviews but for some reason that was below them... Following normal logic you could expect those with the power to give peace to provide more stringent terms. However, from what I've heard (and I could be wrong) they were offered white peace again, but refused? Poor choices on the part of the NSO, I hope future peace terms aren't as lenient.

[quote name='Cairna' date='24 February 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1267070526' post='2202521']
We never gave ours, but trust me it would be spectacular.
[/quote]
I hope you don't ever give one.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='24 February 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1267070798' post='2202524']
Which made NpO's declaration on you all that much more baffling.
[/quote]
I think the more baffling part would be when Ivan redeclared war on Fark, despite the fact that they were working out terms.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='24 February 2010 - 11:05 PM' timestamp='1267070937' post='2202526']
I think the more baffling part would be when Ivan redeclared war on Fark, despite the fact that they were working out terms.
[/quote]

First, Moldavi's redeclaration on Fark was merely a ploy to prevent our Allies from joining back in.
Second, we did so in regards with Fark's assumption that we would re-enter the war anyways on IRON's side.

I cannot understand how people don't know this fact, despite the countless reiterations made by others.

[quote name='Epiphanus' date='24 February 2010 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1267070913' post='2202525']
White peace should only be given to those who deserve it. NSO was offered peace plus beer reviews but for some reason that was below them... Following normal logic you could expect those with the power to give peace to provide more stringent terms. However, from what I've heard (and I could be wrong) they were offered white peace again, but refused? Poor choices on the part of the NSO, I hope future peace terms aren't as lenient.
[/quote]

You sir are wrong.

Penkala for NpO viceroy. Endorsed by Grub himself.

[quote]I'm sure you would. You and all the other hypocrites. An alliance maintains some sort of independence from your little neo-knitting club and you want to see them disbanded for it. [/quote]

You and NSO are the only ones bringing up disbandment. In fact, you talked of disbanding GOD when you declared on them. Based on that I'd say we would be prudent to disband you ourselves to protect ourselves. But we won't. Because we're too good for that kind of behavior. We're better than your old home. We're better than the terrible alliance that is NSO.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Jrenster' date='24 February 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1267071197' post='2202530']
First, Moldavi's redeclaration on Fark was merely a ploy to prevent our Allies from joining back in.
Second, we did so in regards with Fark's assumption that we would re-enter the war anyways on IRON's side.

I cannot understand how people don't know this fact, despite the countless reiterations made by others.
[/quote]

Why did you need a ploy to trick your allies? Isn't that a little counterproductive?

[quote name='Jrenster' date='24 February 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1267071197' post='2202530']

[/quote]
I cannot understand how you think that stating something over and over again makes it correct. Its very clear from the logs what Fark thought about it, and what your own allies at the time in Polaris thought. Mindblowingly stupid.

[quote name='brentbee' date='24 February 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1267071241' post='2202531']
You sir are wrong.
[/quote]
You sir, have an amazing argument.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='24 February 2010 - 10:12 PM' timestamp='1267071333' post='2202536']
You sir, have an amazing argument.
[/quote]

We will accept White Peace only. What do you not understand about that? It was never on the table to be rejected, as you state.

[quote name='brentbee' date='24 February 2010 - 11:17 PM' timestamp='1267071642' post='2202560']
We will accept White Peace only. What do you not understand about that? It was never on the table to be rejected, as you state.
[/quote]
You don't really seem to be able to read logs. Ok then, moving on. At that time, your leadership was willing to.

The fact that you won't accept terms that aren't exactly what you want is sad. Martyring yourself in this way doesn't make you some hero of the Cyberverse, it just makes you completely and absolutely stupid.

inb4 Fark is just as bad!!!! Seriously? The losers don't dictate terms. In regards to you not losing, get over yourselves. You are "defeated but haven't lost". Jesus, just give it up. The pity you want you don't get when you are rejecting terms such as these.

[quote name='brentbee' date='24 February 2010 - 10:17 PM' timestamp='1267071642' post='2202560']
[/quote]
THen I hope you never get it. White peace is becoming a plague on Cybernations.

[quote name='brentbee' date='24 February 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1267071241' post='2202531']
You sir are wrong.
[/quote]
Elaborate, cause as far as I am concerned, he is right, however, I am not narrow minded.

So, please, tell me how white peace was not offered?

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='24 February 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1267071333' post='2202536']
I cannot understand how you think that stating something over and over again makes it correct. Its very clear from the logs what Fark thought about it, and what your own allies at the time in Polaris thought. Mindblowingly stupid.
[/quote]

I honestly don't know what is not to understand here. We have treaty obligations with IRON. We were going to re-enter, so Fark was right. We re-declared to save our allies the trouble. Where the hell within this logic do you need logs about this? I mean are you talking about Grub being annoyed with the fact that we're staying in the war? We had obligations. We honor those obligations. I am positive that you can follow this line of reasoning.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='24 February 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1267071893' post='2202576']
I honestly don't know what is not to understand here. We have treaty obligations with IRON. We were going to re-enter, so Fark was right. We re-declared to save our allies the trouble. Where the hell within this logic do you need logs about this? I mean are you talking about Grub being annoyed with the fact that we're staying in the war? We had obligations. We honor those obligations. I am positive that you can follow this line of reasoning.
[/quote]
You read them quite well, I can tell. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='24 February 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1267071803' post='2202572']
Elaborate, cause as far as I am concerned, he is right, however, I am not narrow minded.

So, please, tell me how white peace was not offered?
[/quote]

They asked us to surrender. Hence, the beer review (although I will admit, this is a relatively moot point to argue about). I don't want to repeat the technical definition of a white peace again.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='24 February 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1267072050' post='2202582']
They asked us to surrender. Hence, the beer review (although I will admit, this is a relatively moot point to argue about). I don't want to repeat the technical definition of a white peace again.
[/quote]
So, you are refusing to peace over the technical definition of white peace?

[quote name='Jrenster' date='24 February 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1267072050' post='2202582']
[/quote]
I included the beer review in my diagnosis. Try again.