A Brosian Rant on the War and Assorted Other Things

bros

[quote name='Some-Guy' date='25 February 2010 - 04:37 PM' timestamp='1267137645' post='2203715']
You read it here first, bros wants Vanguard and TOP treated again - One assumes because he wants Vanguard declaring on Vanguard.

Hegemonic villainy itt.

:smug:
[/quote]
D: Nevar!

To those thinking that we aren't enjoying annihilating your tech/warchests as much as you are, you are very much mistaken.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Some-Guy' date='25 February 2010 - 05:37 PM' timestamp='1267137645' post='2203715']
You read it here first, bros wants Vanguard and TOP treated again - One assumes because he wants Vanguard declaring on Vanguard.

Hegemonic villainy itt.

:smug:
[/quote]

What kind of evil villain would I be without wanting a civil war within an alliance?

[quote]Main Entry: ca·sus bel·li
Pronunciation: \ˈkä-səs-ˈbe-ˌlē, ˈkā-səs-ˈbe-ˌlī\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural ca·sus belli \ˈkä-ˌsüs-, ˈkā-ˌsüs-\
Etymology: New Latin, occasion of war
Date: circa 1841

: an event or action that justifies or allegedly justifies a war or conflict[/quote]

There was a casus belli in the TOP DoW. Whether or not you like to admit it.

Also, didn't you guys just support a preemptive strike just a month ago? Oh yeah! You did!

[quote name='Believland' date='26 February 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1267163081' post='2204521']
There was a casus belli in the TOP DoW. Whether or not you like to admit it.

Also, didn't you guys just support a preemptive strike just a month ago? Oh yeah! You did!
[/quote]

Welcome to five pages ago.

[quote name='bros2' date='24 February 2010 - 12:34 PM' timestamp='1267033101' post='2201644']
]
They will receive back-breaking reparations. Few concessions will be made. We do not want to set record-breaking reps, but sometimes they must be set to teach a lesson.
[/quote]

No we won't, for one really simple reason.

This will reach 0 for us relatively soon.

http://uevil.maybe.net/testing/newcharts/AI2.html

This will reach 0 for TOP much more slowly.

http://uevil.maybe.net/testing/newcharts/ATE.html

And this won't ever reach 0.

http://uevil.maybe.net/testing/newcharts/AWO.html

When all infra is dead, your coalition can only slowly kill tech while we continue to nuke you, in turn causing far more monetary damage to you the you do to us. Once infra is dead, between the option of "give all remaining tech to MK" and "use remaining tech to continue to nuke MK" I hardly think the average TOP member will give the answer much thought.

Have fun.

[quote name='Zizka' date='26 February 2010 - 03:06 AM' timestamp='1267171803' post='2204697']
No we won't, for one really simple reason.

This will reach 0 for us relatively soon.

http://uevil.maybe.net/testing/newcharts/AI2.html

This will reach 0 for TOP much more slowly.

http://uevil.maybe.net/testing/newcharts/ATE.html

And this won't ever reach 0.

http://uevil.maybe.net/testing/newcharts/AWO.html

When all infra is dead, your coalition can only slowly kill tech while we continue to nuke you, in turn causing far more monetary damage to you the you do to us. Once infra is dead, between the option of "give all remaining tech to MK" and "use remaining tech to continue to nuke MK" I hardly think the average TOP member will give the answer much thought.

Have fun.
[/quote]

I think you underestimate the stopping power of the SDI. Try nuking three opponents with SDIs every day and you'll see just how far you get.

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' date='26 February 2010 - 03:14 AM' timestamp='1267172279' post='2204705']
I think you underestimate the stopping power of the SDI. Try nuking three opponents with SDIs every day and you'll see just how far you get.
[/quote]

Apparently quite far enough. Look at the number of days the war has been going on - more then enough to exhaust even the most prepared nuclear stockpile. Is CnG, Sparta, and the rest of the vast coalition facing TOP still taking damage?

The vast majority of TOP members can also buy two nukes per day. Lets say, of those, one gets blocked and one gets through. The TOP member will (eventually) suffer no serious losses aside from tech (the infra at 1,000 costing a trivial amount) while the coalition losses infra worth multi-millions of dollars.

The longer you wait to offer TOP reps of any sort of reasonable amount, the less reason we have to accept them.

Edited by Zizka

[quote name='bros2' date='23 February 2010 - 04:15 PM' timestamp='1266959959' post='2199603']
Nobody will win it militarily (except for MK, we're the only ones fighting worth a damn that i've noticed)
[/quote]
Superfriends will. This war has been an unqualified win for SF, they're the only major power left from before the war that's now in good working order.

[quote name='bros2' date='25 February 2010 - 05:08 PM' timestamp='1267135938' post='2203645'][quote name='Walford' date='25 February 2010 - 04:58 PM' timestamp='1267135314' post='2203620']I never left; just been staying out of alliance politics. This current war is causing me annoyance.

The cease-fire idea is not critical to what I suggest. I wonder whether reviewing how this war started is productive with respect to how it can end. Perhaps we can review where we are now and compare the various combatants' objectives as a means to winding things down.
[/quote]What part of the war is causing you annoyance?[/quote]One thing I haven't missed about participating in OWF discussions is how the substantive is ignored in favor of the trivial.

[quote name='bros2' date='23 February 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1266946810' post='2199196']

No TOP, that is not how war works. War has not worked like that for a while. War is not a prim and proper affair in which the general wears the brightest coat with the most feathers in his hat. War is a process in which you hit whatever you can get as quick as you can. TOP, you are being TOPpled, you do not dictate rules to the winner. The main players on your side will never get white peace. Should be fun to watch you kick and scream while we rend the tech from your nations.
Discuss.
[/quote]

I think TOP is acutely aware of how war works. "Hit whatever you can get as quick as you can" - you mean like, our entrance into this war and everything we've been sending at you and our other opponent's for the past month? MK, you're coming down with us; you can stall peace talks into 2011 but we will not capitulate to douchebaggery. If you want to rend tech from our nations you'll have to eat nukes while you do it, and given your high infra: tech ratio, I think it's a favorable situation for us.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' date='25 February 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1267140865' post='2203841']
To those thinking that we aren't enjoying annihilating your tech/warchests as much as you are, you are very much mistaken.
[/quote]

Annihilation isn't the word chappy, it's more of a very slow grind... maybe?

If that floats your boat, then all power to you.

[quote name='Hayzell' date='26 February 2010 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1267208193' post='2205123']
I think TOP is acutely aware of how war works. "Hit whatever you can get as quick as you can" - you mean like, our entrance into this war and everything we've been sending at you and our other opponent's for the past month? MK, you're coming down with us; you can stall peace talks into 2011 but we will not capitulate to douchebaggery. If you want to rend tech from our nations you'll have to eat nukes while you do it, and given your high infra: tech ratio, I think it's a favorable situation for us.
[/quote]

So TOP won't be accepting terms where they have to send tech?

[quote name='Hayzell' date='26 February 2010 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1267208193' post='2205123']
[/quote]

delicious delicious tech

[quote name='Mechanus' date='24 February 2010 - 05:21 PM' timestamp='1267053887' post='2202163']
Meet the new boss...same as the old boss. The Karma War was nothing but a way to change who was in charge. The more things change...
[/quote]There has been no mention of forced disbandment.

Therefore you are stretching the definition of the word "same".

There are differences above and beyond that, but that's the most clear-cut example of how wrong you are.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='26 February 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1267228396' post='2205524']
So TOP won't be accepting terms where they have to send tech?
[/quote]

You misread the post.

Also, TOP can't accept anything when nothing is being offered.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='26 February 2010 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1267238093' post='2205712']
Interestingly enough, bros doesn't actually make decisions regarding surrender terms. But then I'm sure you all knew that.
[/quote]

Apparently neither do you.

[quote name='Hayzell' date='26 February 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1267241222' post='2205768']
Apparently neither do you.
[/quote]
Archon is a pretty capable leader, but in spite of this he has not perfected becoming the sovereign leader of twenty or so [any TOP member can help me here] alliances.

Nice try, but I think you dropped something.

[img]http://studentradio.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/straws.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Style #386' date='26 February 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1267241804' post='2205774']
Archon is a pretty capable leader, but in spite of this he has not perfected becoming the sovereign leader of twenty or so [any TOP member can help me here] alliances.

Nice try, but I think you dropped something.

[/quote]

23 iirc.

There's really no way you can tell me Archon can't even give an approximation for what MK would want to see, or at least convene with the CnG crew and put forward an estimate? Also, I find it weird how he can speak of 'having to speak with his coalition' yet have some of those leaders not even aware that peace was actually being pursued. And go figure the response of the rest of them is essentially, we're waiting on CnG or go talk to Archon.

I've repeatedly told everyone that I've been far too busy* and anyone who has actually bothered to ask (like your own MoFA, SkyGreenChick) knows that, with respect to MK at least, to speak with James I or SirWilliam concerning it. I've also repeatedly stated that I've been pretty much uninvolved in things. You'd think these facts would, you know, be paid attention to, given that everyone keeps being ever so eager for some news or other.

As for coalition leaders being unaware, again, I'd refer you to those two (or any other leaders with C&G who are actually dealing with it). We've yet to perfect perfect omniscience or omnipresence...give it some time.

*OOC: You folks attacked at a horrible time for me w.r.t. RL and I've had far more important and pressing matters than CN, hence having delegated most *everything* to other MK gov. I've also explained this repeatedly. It's strange how people seem to go deaf when repeating the same talking points...

What are you going on about? It sounds like you just admitted that [i]you [/i]in fact are not doing anything to move forward the peace process, which was my point. Aside from that, you failed to address why your side is taking so long to even come up with a rough idea to at least begin discussions. I think it's funny that 2 months ago you were critiquing our coalition for not being able to get our affairs in order in a timely manner yet your leaders can't even query/message a couple dozen leaders or put forth your own ideas. Say what you want about him but at least Crymson knows how to lead a coalition and keep it up to date(see WoTC),same goes for LM.

Also, stop trying to score pity points. It clashes with the whole "I am god" thing you do so well.

[quote name='Hayzell' date='27 February 2010 - 03:36 AM' timestamp='1267260026' post='2206284']
What are you going on about? It sounds like you just admitted that [i]you [/i]in fact are not doing anything to move forward the peace process, which was my point. Aside from that, you failed to address why your side is taking so long to even come up with a rough idea to at least begin discussions. I think it's funny that 2 months ago you were critiquing our coalition for not being able to get our affairs in order in a timely manner yet your leaders can't even query/message a couple dozen leaders or put forth your own ideas. Say what you want about him but at least Crymson knows how to lead a coalition and keep it up to date(see WoTC),same goes for LM.

Also, stop trying to score pity points. It clashes with the whole "I am god" thing you do so well.
[/quote]

What is wrong with you? You attacked us, yet you think that you can dictate when we offer you surrender terms. Liquid Mercury and Crymson should be the LAST people you should be looking up to, seeing as how they got you in this mess in the first place.

[quote name='Hayzell' date='27 February 2010 - 03:36 AM' timestamp='1267260026' post='2206284']

[/quote]

Actually, we're busy fighting the war you started. If you didn't want to be in this mess you shouldn't have started the war. Mindblowing concept, I know - this is some real original !@#$ right here. Regarding the content of your post, I was responding to this:

[quote name='You']There's really no way you can tell me Archon can't even give an approximation for what MK would want to see, or at least convene with the CnG crew and put forward an estimate?[/quote]

I believe I had a rather simple way to tell you that. That your intellect struggled to comprehend it is not my problem.

Regarding this comment:

[quote name='Also you']Also, I find it weird how he can speak of 'having to speak with his coalition' yet have some of those leaders not even aware that peace was actually being pursued.[/quote]

That's not weird at all, if you take a moment to actually read it. "Having to" implies intent or need, and [i]not an action already completed[/i]. Or, more simply, it implies that not everyone has been spoken to yet. Thus it is quite natural that some individuals would be unaware that folks like you have been crying to anyone who would listen that you want peace terms. You might not have needed them, but your idols were busy starting one of the dumbest wars this planet has ever seen, so maybe you should try crying a little less. In fact, one of the original assailants appears to have already gotten peace - I imagine it wasn't because they weren't proclaiming "white peace or nothing!" and thus made the process quite a lot easier. Just a guess, though, I wouldn't actually know. Remember?

Edit: I hate IPB quote tags :(

Edited by TheNeverender