An Announcement from TPF Regarding Peace

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' date='23 February 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1266976946' post='2200278']
I do think the "surrender" stuff is a little petty, but I think people are complaining a bit too much about it.

TPF obviously fought very well in this war, rightfully better than they should have just a month removed from a really painful war. That VE's war machine needed to mobilize to engage them to secure this withdrawal/surrender is a testament to their fighting ability.

The real winners in this war is WAPA, who held on after taking quite a licking because they saw the light at the end of the tunnel and the greater good that hanging in their accomplished. VE's role in this was to relieve them and to help secure peace on this front, and I am very honored to have been able to do that successfully.

I do wish TPF well and hope their rebuilding goes well, because the world needs adversaries and you have proved to be one of the best adversaries amongst your coalition.
[/quote]

Thank you sir, was very kind words, and I agree competently. The disagreements over terminology should stop, it is petty.

And I understand VE's role, its no different than TPF engaging in hopes of ending fronts as well. WAPA showed they have guts, they held on, and I respect that.

I wish WAPA the best in their recovery, and thank you for the classy post goldielax.

[quote name='Drai' date='23 February 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1266977566' post='2200300']
I'm sure TPF has much rebuilding to do from the past 2 months. Hopefully they finally have their chance.
[/quote]

Oh, we know that mhawk won't be able to keep my boys out of a fight...

[quote name='goldielax25' date='23 February 2010 - 07:38 AM' timestamp='1266939713' post='2199048']
He only does it AFTER his alliance surrenders and VE can't engage them.
[/quote]

I don't think TSI has surrendered to anyone.

Reading this thread from a somewhat outside (not too familiar with either WAPA or VE) perspective it felt like some VE members were pushing TPF to admit surrender due solely to their involvement and for their sake. However if one reads it as VE trying to push that word out for WAPA's sake its a different and more honorable story. WAPA could definitely use a morale boost after its fight. So could TPF for that matter.

Anyways good luck to all re-building.

Edited by Bjornoya

[quote name='OneBallMan' date='23 February 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1266978053' post='2200313']
Oh, we know that mhawk won't be able to keep my boys out of a fight...
[/quote]

I think we're all ready for a break lol, I know I am.

How ya doing OBM? Hope MK is treating you well?

[quote name='Airikr' date='23 February 2010 - 09:43 PM' timestamp='1266979600' post='2200354']

[/quote]
I'm not ready for a break. I WANT MORE

[quote name='Bjornoya' date='23 February 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1266979343' post='2200347']
I don't think TSI has surrendered to anyone.

Reading this thread from a somewhat outside (not too familiar with either WAPA or VE) perspective it felt like some VE members were pushing TPF to admit surrender due solely to their involvement and for their sake. However if one reads it as VE trying to push that word out for WAPA's sake its a different and more honorable story. WAPA could definitely use a moral boost after its fight. So could TPF for that matter.

Anyways good luck to all re-building.
[/quote]

I was not referring to TBB/TSI when making that post, but as I clarified earlier to mhawk, zenergy and GUN.

VE has no misconceptions, TPF did not surrender to "us", we just provided the means to pressure them into surrendering/withdrawing to WAPA. WAPA wanted the terms worded one way, TPF another. VE's role in the terms was just "whatever WAPA wants we will support so long as there is a no re-entry or aid clause".

[quote name='Airikr' date='23 February 2010 - 09:43 PM' timestamp='1266979600' post='2200354']

[/quote]

You might be ready for a break, but your Dear Leader seems unable to have his words (we need to lay low for a while) match his actions (Polar - is it OK if all of us attack CnG?). Primrose path.

MK is good, still missing my homeys. It is fun to be the nuker and not the nukee, though, its been a while.

[quote name='OneBallMan' date='24 February 2010 - 06:41 AM' timestamp='1267022713' post='2201431']
You might be ready for a break, but your Dear Leader seems unable to have his words (we need to lay low for a while) match his actions (Polar - is it OK if all of us attack CnG?). Primrose path.

MK is good, still missing my homeys. It is fun to be the nuker and not the nukee, though, its been a while.
[/quote]
You're incredibly misinformed obm. First off I wasn't incharge of planning TOP and IRON's attack, nor did I even know specifics(I was actually told more about the plan from Pezstar than either IRON or TOP). I seemed to be one of the primary concerned parties to pull people aside and ask about the consequences of such a strike. This was not as some official capacity, but rather at wtf are people thinking thing. I took those discussions and directly told TOP that I believed their move would be a "disaster". You can check with crymson, pez, ivan if you do not believe that to be the case. Further I made it clear we would not enter that cluster on an oA. You seem quite bitter, that is unfortunate.

Edited by mhawk

[quote name='mhawk' date='24 February 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1267065548' post='2202423']
You're incredibly misinformed obm. First off I wasn't incharge of planning TOP and IRON's attack, nor did I even know specifics(I was actually told more about the plan from Pezstar than either IRON or TOP). I seemed to be one of the primary concerned parties to pull people aside and ask about the consequences of such a strike. This was not as some official capacity, but rather at wtf are people thinking thing. I took those discussions and directly told TOP that I believed their move would be a "disaster". You can check with crymson, pez, ivan if you do not believe that to be the case. Further I made it clear we would not enter that cluster on an oA. You seem quite bitter, that is unfortunate.
[/quote]

Your presence in the Grub discussions where he appears to have greenlighted the attack was just as window dressing perhaps? Shocking. Shocking I say.

The bitter comment, while an attempt to diminish my credibility, does seem to throw down the gauntlet.

[quote name='OneBallMan' date='25 February 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1267107399' post='2202988']
Your presence in the Grub discussions where he appears to have greenlighted the attack was just as window dressing perhaps? Shocking. Shocking I say.

The bitter comment, while an attempt to diminish my credibility, does seem to throw down the gauntlet.
[/quote]

You have no credibility since you probably have not seen all the logs. I see you have already taken up the fine MK art of trolling. Good show OBM.

[quote name='jimbacher' date='25 February 2010 - 10:05 AM' timestamp='1267110519' post='2203034']
You have no credibility since you probably have not seen all the logs. I see you have already taken up the fine MK art of trolling. Good show OBM.
[/quote]

First of all, I have been a master of the aforementioned art long before I changed AA's. Second, and I think my facts are pretty straight on this one, historical revisionism aside, but your esteemed Dear Leader was directly and actively involved in the conversation whereby the Polarians would "sit out" this war, casting aside their obligations to their friends. He may have, and I know, appearances not being what they seem, have been the person most actively posing the germane question to Grub on said occasion. I know, I know, its a stretch of logic to not be able to see the obvious peaceful intent of Dear Leader in actively plotting strategic maneuvers. Third [OOC] Wassup my old friend, good to see you on here [/OOC], how's the Primrose Path treating you guys?

[quote name='OneBallMan' date='25 February 2010 - 06:13 AM' timestamp='1267107399' post='2202988']

[/quote]
I never spoke to Grub regarding the attack until after it had happened. Could you show me my "presence in Grub discussions" because I certainly wasn't there. I'm sure he would verify that statement as well.

Edited by mhawk

[quote name='OneBallMan' date='25 February 2010 - 09:13 AM' timestamp='1267107399' post='2202988']

[/quote]

You've fallen to the other side very quickly my old friend.. Wonder what they put in their koolaid over there. :mellow:

[quote name='Airikr' date='25 February 2010 - 12:01 PM' timestamp='1267117524' post='2203147']
You've fallen to the other side very quickly my old friend.. Wonder what they put in their koolaid over there. :mellow:
[/quote]

Probably some old shrooms that grew in the crap of our "Dear Leader"

[quote name='mhawk' date='24 February 2010 - 09:35 PM' timestamp='1267065548' post='2202423']
This was not as some official capacity, but rather at wtf are people thinking thing. I took those discussions and directly told TOP that I believed their move would be a "disaster".[/quote]
I believe we actually have several threads with mhawk saying things like "we have no !@#$@#$ idea what happened" followed by brainstorming of ridiculous options.

[quote name='goldielax25' date='23 February 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1266976946' post='2200278']
The real winners in this war is WAPA, who held on after taking quite a licking because they saw the light at the end of the tunnel and the greater good that hanging in their accomplished. VE's role in this was to relieve them and to help secure peace on this front, and I am very honored to have been able to do that successfully.
[/quote]
QFT

Fighting NATO....getting counter-attacked by TFD, TPF and GUN....situation was quite tough for them. They managed to hold out, kept their morale high and inflicted decent amounts of damage on all 4 alliances, with NATO taking the brunt of it.

[quote name='Bjornoya' date='23 February 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1266979343' post='2200347']
Reading this thread from a somewhat outside (not too familiar with either WAPA or VE) perspective it felt like some VE members were pushing TPF to admit surrender due solely to their involvement and for their sake. However if one reads it as VE trying to push that word out for WAPA's sake its a different and more honorable story. WAPA could definitely use a morale boost after its fight. So could TPF for that matter.
[/quote]
Actually, if i remember rite, it was the other way around. mhawk was pushing for a WAPA surrender to TPF and also did not like the fact that his alliance would not be allowed to re-enter the war. VE just helped knock some sense into his bloated head and seal the victory for WAPA.

[quote name='SonOfHoward' date='23 February 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1266986227' post='2200547']
Where's the rest of NV's gov't? :blink:
[/quote]
considering the fact that we launched a grand total of ZERO wars on TPF, i think a one man sig will do for this occasion.

[quote name='raasaa' date='26 February 2010 - 07:39 AM' timestamp='1267170195' post='2204668']
QFT

Fighting NATO....getting counter-attacked by TFD, TPF and GUN....situation was quite tough for them. They managed to hold out, kept their morale high and inflicted decent amounts of damage on all 4 alliances, with NATO taking the brunt of it.
[/quote]

I am not sure who WAPA inflicted decent ammounts of damage to, but it wasn't to TFD nor TPF. GUN or NATO I don't know, but our losses and TPF's were minimal until Umbrella, RoK and the gang joined in. And a that point they didn't inflict much damage either because the wars expired and they were in anarchy so they couldn't re-declare.

OBM is one of the old hands from TPF and I'm thankful for all he's done for us in his time with TPF. No surprise he's got a bit of a different perspective now that he's in MK. Always sad to see squabbles with old alliance mates.

Good luck to WAPA in rebuilding.

/0 TPF
/0 WAPA
/0 OBM

Edited by Link Gaetz