A Message of Peace

bigwoody

[quote name='NoFish' date='16 February 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1266296934' post='2184677']
Out of curiosity from an uninvolved bystander, does this forbid Nexus alliances from taking sides in the conflict with GLoF? I would be rather confused to see 57th Overlanders trying to claim neutrality in that one...
[/quote]

It does not forbid NEXUS from taking sides, but we'd prefer that our mates in NEXUS focus on rebuilding themselves first. They are welcome to help the 57th and GLoF come to terms agreeable to both parties as well.

~edit~

Also, what Jerry said.

Edited by Lord Panda

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NoFish' date='15 February 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1266296934' post='2184677']
Out of curiosity from an uninvolved bystander, does this forbid Nexus alliances from taking sides in the conflict with GLoF? I would be rather confused to see 57th Overlanders trying to claim neutrality in that one...
[/quote]
The 57th Overlanders are not expected to declare neutrality in that war.

[quote name='Natan' date='15 February 2010 - 11:14 PM' timestamp='1266297297' post='2184715']
R.I.P VieTORN

Hopefully someone gives you draconian terms so you can have your moment, bigwoody.
[/quote]
I can feel the love tonight.

Hard to say if we are headed for VietTORN or not. We will simply keep fighting until peace is achieved for ourselves and our allies. Simple and clean.

[quote name='Lennox' date='16 February 2010 - 06:03 AM' timestamp='1266296593' post='2184628']
Looks like TORN made very quick work of Nexus. Good luck on your rebuilding.
[/quote]
I dunno, maybe it has more to do with the GLOF-57th conflict? :lol1:

(Also, congrats on peace)

[quote name='Tromp' date='16 February 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1266297405' post='2184726']I dunno, maybe it has more to do with the GLOF-57th conflict? :lol1: [/quote]
Ding ding ding, I think we have a winner here. B-)

[quote name='bigwoody' date='16 February 2010 - 12:16 AM' timestamp='1266297403' post='2184725']Hard to say if we are headed for VietTORN or not. We will simply keep fighting until peace is achieved for ourselves and our allies. Simple and clean.[/quote]
Peace could come shortly if the alliances that made the mistake in the first place were willing to do what's necessary to get peace for them and for their allies (and no, I don't mean by bending over backwards). Or, alternately, if alliances actually jumped at the "white peace" offers your side inundates alliances with. :P

[quote name='Tromp' date='15 February 2010 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1266297405' post='2184726']
I dunno, maybe it has more to do with the GLOF-57th conflict? :lol1:

(Also, congrats on peace)
[/quote]

Yeah, the GLoF Fiasco forced our hand on this one. All our organization for our next wave of attacks went out the window.

[quote name='SirWilliam' date='15 February 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1266298020' post='2184775']
Peace could come shortly if the alliances that made the mistake in the first place were willing to do what's necessary to get peace for them and for their allies (and no, I don't mean by bending over backwards). Or, alternately, if alliances actually jumped at the "white peace" offers your side inundates alliances with. :P
[/quote]
Words are cheap.

It wasn't long ago we didn't really expect terms at all. I'm not much for posturing, I will just fight until my allies are at peace and we have a peace agreement we can get behind. If that happens tomorrow, we stop fighting tomorrow. If it never happens, we never stop fighting. Easy, huh?

[quote name='Lennox' date='15 February 2010 - 11:03 PM' timestamp='1266296593' post='2184628']
Looks like TORN made very quick work of Nexus. Good luck on your rebuilding.
[/quote]

It was a good fight, I like to think we may have had a "little" bit to do with them losing nearly 60% of their NS.

It's a step to recover for both sides. The no reentry was a necessary addition, the last thing we need is to declare peace only to turn around and declare war with the same people. :blush:

[quote name='Locke' date='15 February 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1266298933' post='2184849']
After the Nexus individual surrender terms, this brings a little spark of glee to my cold, cold heart. :D
[/quote]

Hey now nobody wants to bring that up. It was never meant to get as big it did. We had a nation come ask for a way out, things got carried away and we tried to make it right with TORN and WFF. I think a White Peace agreement shows that both sides have put that behind them.

I had fun shooting at and getting shot by all of you guys. WFF I think we found more common ground during this conflict with you all then we ever would have had before. It was fun and will be good to get to know these guys outside the parameters of a war.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='16 February 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1266296810' post='2184656']
This ends the Nexus bloc's participation in the current global conflict.

I regret to inform you that about 12 alliances remain at war with TORN. However, this offer is extended to those alliances as well if they desire.
[/quote]
I think we'll pass on that bro.

[quote name='sulli90' date='16 February 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1266299141' post='2184862']
Hey now nobody wants to bring that up. It was never meant to get as big it did. We had a nation come ask for a way out, things got carried away and we tried to make it right with TORN and WFF. I think a White Peace agreement shows that both sides have put that behind them.
[/quote]

I think that is certainly a fair assessment. Like I said, we had a great time fighting Nexus and we wish them a swift recovery.