A Message of Peace

bigwoody

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being caught in the middle of two allies fighting, I can honestly say I am glad this one is over. And on quite reasonable terms no less. VA :wub: both 57th and WFF, and it was not pleasant seeing them slug it out against each other. My wishes of good luck goes out to both alliances in their remaining conflicts.

[quote name='SilentFury' date='16 February 2010 - 05:15 PM' timestamp='1266362155' post='2186404']
lol what ?? i dont ... Even know...

o/ TORN

keep up the good fight...

Honestly it only seems like u guy loose ns when TR hits u :mad:

Any ways good job on your end torn have fun best of luck to you! Hopefully you wont get TR to surrender :lol1:
[/quote]

I am pretty certain that they lost a significant amount of NS after we attacked as well as WFF.... we did our part and chose that this was an appropriate time to enter into a peace agreement given other circumstances.

[quote name='jerry wagner' date='16 February 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1266363052' post='2186427']
I am pretty certain that they lost a significant amount of NS after we attacked as well as WFF.... we did our part and chose that this was an appropriate time to enter into a peace agreement given other circumstances.
[/quote]

I can't speak to what kind of damage you guys did when you took over, but I do see you leaving without telling us and 14/36 of their nations in peace mode right now. I'm not sure that's exactly doing the part you said you would.

I'm only posting this on the OWF because this is the first place I heard about it, so it seemed fitting.

[quote name='mattski133' date='16 February 2010 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1266367039' post='2186550']
I can't speak to what kind of damage you guys did when you took over, but I do see you leaving without telling us and 14/36 of their nations in peace mode right now. I'm not sure that's exactly doing the part you said you would.

I'm only posting this on the OWF because this is the first place I heard about it, so it seemed fitting.
[/quote]

And what exactly would that part be? CoIN was going to honor our MDP and enter this in defense of our ally Athens. Nexus decided it was in our best interest to fight and coordinate as bloc, thus 57th and The Fed entered with us at the same time.

We fought and tried to cause as much damage as we could, contributing to TRs efforts, and resulted in TORN losing over 50% of their NS. I don't know WFFs stats, it was a little harder to damage them with most of their nations being below nuke range. Now 57th (nearly half of Nexus' NS) has found itself in a very unexpected defensive war which has completed changed the dynamics of our efforts against TORN and WFF. Matters changed and both sides will benefit from this peace arrangement.

Btw, communication goes both ways. We've yet to here one word from a TR representative.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='16 February 2010 - 12:29 AM' timestamp='1266298157' post='2184786']
Words are cheap.

It wasn't long ago we didn't really expect terms at all. I'm not much for posturing, I will just fight until my allies are at peace and we have a peace agreement we can get behind. If that happens tomorrow, we stop fighting tomorrow. If it never happens, we never stop fighting. Easy, huh?
[/quote]

Just curious on your opinion of other alliances not accepting the offer of white peace, how do you feel about that then?

From what I can tell people are quite PO'd that CnG hasn't offered white peace in the future but yet there are alliances on the other side of this conflict confident enough to not accept white peace when offered (no names of course)

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='16 February 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1266370608' post='2186626']
Just curious on your opinion of other alliances not accepting the offer of white peace, how do you feel about that then?

From what I can tell people are quite PO'd that CnG hasn't offered white peace in the future but yet there are alliances on the other side of this conflict confident enough to not accept white peace when offered (no names of course)
[/quote]

CnG hasnt offered white peace to TORN's allies.

Edited by President Sitruk

[quote name='President Sitruk' date='16 February 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1266371944' post='2186664']
CnG hasnt offered white peace to TORN's allies.
[/quote]

Ahh, so I see, if that is how all of TORN feels. Just find it funny that you'd offer white peace to people, some smaller alliances might take the white peace, but in the same right you'd not leave without your allies even if offered white peace from all the alliances you're fighting... seems a bit... strange? There's a better word but it's escaping me at the moment.

I don't expect you to leave, but it seems odd you'd want to give white peace and not accept white peace from any alliances actually doing damage to you.

[quote name='SilentFury' date='16 February 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1266362155' post='2186404']
lol what ?? i dont ... Even know...

o/ TORN

keep up the good fight...

Honestly it only seems like u guy loose ns when TR hits u :mad:

Any ways good job on your end torn have fun best of luck to you! Hopefully you wont get TR to surrender :lol1:
[/quote]

[quote name='mattski133' date='16 February 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1266367039' post='2186550']

[/quote]

Thanks Silent Fury, we'll try and keep the same high standards of damage up for you guys ;)
Also, now now mattski don't get upset with them, this just means more slots for you guys. Nexus fought well and did they're share of damage. They have fought honorably and earned peace. I dont know what the "part you said you would" is, but I will say that the circumstances surrounding tR's declaration on TORN and Nexus's declaration are very different. tR was double (I think) our NS at declaration, Nexus's NS would have been roughly equal ours pre- tR/OBR/IAA attacks. Add to that the fact that you guys knocked a bunch of our nuclear capable nations into their mid tier and add in a separate conflict with GLoF, and you get a very difficult situation of Nexus, which they have handled with grace and honor.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='16 February 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1266370608' post='2186626']

[/quote]

Quite frankly your point is absurd. Obviously we think it is every alliance's sovereign right to decide when they get peace, and when they offer peace. Our terms have been made known to every alliance since their entrance into war with us. A representative from CnG graced our thread letting us know they will not be accepting our offer at this point.

[quote]Ahh, so I see, if that is how all of TORN feels. Just find it funny that you'd offer white peace to people, some smaller alliances might take the white peace, but in the same right you'd not leave without your allies even if offered white peace from all the alliances you're fighting... seems a bit... strange? There's a better word but it's escaping me at the moment.

I don't expect you to leave, but it seems odd you'd want to give white peace and not accept white peace from any alliances actually doing damage to you.[/quote]

Every alliance is different, and the circumstances which beset TORN are quite different from those which beset the alliances from Nexus. I dont know where people are getting the idea that nexus did no damage, that is simply not the truth. What seems odd to me is why you are trying to brow beat an alliance that fought honorably and received white peace. They came to the defense of Athens and did their part. I didn't know that the CnG side was hurting for NS so much that this very individualized peace would alter the strategic balance. They fought honorably, leave them to rebuild in peace.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='16 February 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1266370608' post='2186626']

[/quote]
There is a distinct difference. Our side would be willing to end the war quite literally tonight, on all fronts.

Alliances on our front not accepting white peace are doing so because they do not want to leave us who cannot obtain that same peace high and dry to be systematically ground down for the next few months. It is commonly known as standing together.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='16 February 2010 - 08:12 PM' timestamp='1266372766' post='2186689']
Ahh, so I see, if that is how all of TORN feels. Just find it funny that you'd offer white peace to people, some smaller alliances might take the white peace, but in the same right you'd not leave without your allies even if offered white peace from all the alliances you're fighting... seems a bit... strange? There's a better word but it's escaping me at the moment.

I don't expect you to leave, but it seems odd you'd want to give white peace and not accept white peace from any alliances actually doing damage to you.
[/quote]
Our offer of peace to Nexus was contingent on the same peace being achieved with WFF. We are not being inconsistent here.

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='17 February 2010 - 03:42 AM' timestamp='1266378126' post='2186930']
Thanks Silent Fury, we'll try and keep the same high standards of damage up for you guys ;)
Also, now now mattski don't get upset with them, this just means more slots for you guys. Nexus fought well and did they're share of damage. They have fought honorably and earned peace. I dont know what the "part you said you would" is, but I will say that the circumstances surrounding tR's declaration on TORN and Nexus's declaration are very different. tR was double (I think) our NS at declaration, Nexus's NS would have been roughly equal ours pre- tR/OBR/IAA attacks. Add to that the fact that you guys knocked a bunch of our nuclear capable nations into their mid tier and add in a separate conflict with GLoF, and you get a very difficult situation of Nexus, which they have handled with grace and honor.

Quite frankly your point is absurd. Obviously we think it is every alliance's sovereign right to decide when they get peace, and when they offer peace. Our terms have been made known to every alliance since their entrance into war with us. A representative from CnG graced our thread letting us know they will not be accepting our offer at this point.

Every alliance is different, and the circumstances which beset TORN are quite different from those which beset the alliances from Nexus. I dont know where people are getting the idea that nexus did no damage, that is simply not the truth. What seems odd to me is why you are trying to brow beat an alliance that fought honorably and received white peace. They came to the defense of Athens and did their part. I didn't know that the CnG side was hurting for NS so much that this very individualized peace would alter the strategic balance. They fought honorably, leave them to rebuild in peace.
[/quote]

Curzon, and Woody, you words will always be respected amongst TR membership. I was tap dancing earlier, but I'll say it now, whoever let TORN into peace mode and failed to meet the level of warfare that TR had established on TORN before being assured that they'd be held in war mode while we assisted our LEO brothers against purple and then our Orange Friends in C&G against TOP has failed in that respect and have managed to grab white peace while not consulting The Resistance in the matter at all; well that is just painful to endure and I'm not thrilled about it :P

I hope that's clear. TORN, I guess this means we'll have to continue what we started and meet you honorably on the battlefield as often as is necessary to keep you at war, unlike those who have left the war, in this thread.

[quote name='mattski133' date='17 February 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1266387055' post='2187199']
Curzon, and Woody, you words will always be respected amongst TR membership. I was tap dancing earlier, but I'll say it now, whoever let TORN into peace mode and failed to meet the level of warfare that TR had established on TORN before being assured that they'd be held in war mode while we assisted our LEO brothers against purple and then our Orange Friends in C&G against TOP has failed in that respect and have managed to grab white peace while not consulting The Resistance in the matter at all; well that is just painful to endure and I'm not thrilled about it :P

I hope that's clear. TORN, I guess this means we'll have to continue what we started and meet you honorably on the battlefield as often as is necessary to keep you at war, unlike those who have left the war, in this thread.
[/quote]
I'd say you guys have been our toughest opponent, actually.

But many many alliances seemed to forget we existed, made the peace mode slip. See some of you out there soon ;)