Royal Order of Confederate Kingdoms Announcement

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='15 February 2010 - 01:19 AM' timestamp='1266214786' post='2182455']
[color=#0000FF]I had no idea you guys were still around. Congratulations, and good luck.[/color]
[/quote]

Yeah, we're awesome like that. We're like ninjas. We silently creep along, no one knowing we are there, then all of sudden, we pounce! :awesome:

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='15 February 2010 - 01:30 AM' timestamp='1266215408' post='2182472']
You certainly should be. :D

R.O.C.K. are indeed brothers to us and it is great to ride to war with them again. I am shocked to see a lack of RoK/R.O.C.K. puns in this thread though. Heh.

Note: Once this war is over, I will resume my attempts to recruit SmoothPancakes into Ragnarok. :wub:
[/quote]

And you will also resume your failures at attempting to recruit me into Ragnarok. :wub:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Smooth Pancakes' date='14 February 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1266216290' post='2182505']And you will also resume your failures at attempting to recruit me into Ragnarok. :wub:[/quote]

Then we will do this dance forever, my friend. But, warring together will just have to suffice ... for now. ;)

[quote name='sethb' date='15 February 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1266218533' post='2182549']
Honoring treaties is bandwagoning?
[/quote]

Apparently. We hadn't even planned on joining this war. We were under the assumption that we would spend this war watching and enjoying the rising GRL and dying environment. We went from having nearly all members completely inactive on the forums due to real life, to being officially in this war in less than 12 hours, all at the simple request of Ragnarok. A request that took me less than 1/2 a second to say yes to seeing as they are our longest and closest allies and have had our backs and us theirs since Day 1. The day I decline to come to RoK's aid when they ask us to, is the day that I leave CN forever, which isn't happening anytime soon.

[quote name='Smooth Pancakes' date='15 February 2010 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1266219297' post='2182567']
Apparently. We hadn't even planned on joining this war. We were under the assumption that we would spend this war watching and enjoying the rising GRL and dying environment. We went from having nearly all members completely inactive on the forums due to real life, to being officially in this war in less than 12 hours, all at the simple request of Ragnarok. A request that took me less than 1/2 a second to say yes to seeing as they are our longest and closest allies and have had our backs and us theirs since Day 1. The day I decline to come to RoK's aid when they ask us to, is the day that I leave CN forever, which isn't happening anytime soon.
[/quote]
Good luck to you guys, I know what it's like to be in that situation as I led an alliance with the same problem.

[quote name='Smooth Pancakes' date='15 February 2010 - 02:34 AM' timestamp='1266219297' post='2182567']
[/quote]

It's people like you who make me think that planet bob has a decent future after all.

o/ ROCK
o/ ROK
o/ Pancakes

its always easier to come to an allies defense when they are on the side with statistical advantages.

With that said, your DoW makes no sense. Its funny that you consider TFD attacking back against RoK to be "hurting" them. Its laughable really, to consider the exercise of their right to defend themselves from attacks as an attack against RoK. And your nuclear policy, stupid, one nuke means you can nuke all of your opponents? So if your at war against multiple alliances, you get one rogue nuke and hit them all?

I lol'd. Impressive all around, you certainly are.

Edited by memoryproblems

While I'm surprised RoK actually asked for aid and I disagree with "TFD attacking RoK," good luck out there. We're glad to have mote targets, anyways. :)

that's 4 DoWs now. Can we add 10 more? I wanna beat NATO. :D

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='15 February 2010 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1266223451' post='2182626']
its always easier to come to an allies defense when they are on the side with statistical advantages.

With that said, your DoW makes no sense. Its funny that you consider TFD attacking back against RoK to be "hurting" them. Its laughable really, to consider the exercise of their right to defend themselves from attacks as an attack against RoK. And your nuclear policy, stupid, one nuke means you can nuke all of your opponents? So if your at war against multiple alliances, you get one rogue nuke and hit them all?

I lol'd. Impressive all around, you certainly are.
[/quote]
So you would have them not assist their ally just because they happen to be on the winning side of the war?

I find it quite hilarious that a member of Echelon is insinuating that an alliance is being oppourtunistic.

Also, Vespassianus do you even know the definition of a bandwagon? I'll help you out: Bandwagoning is jumping on an alliance with no legitimate entry into war. This is obviously not the case here so please don't spew forth idiotic !@#$%^&*.

Edited by sethb

I will just echo what Smooth has already said (since people are jumping to the assumption we are trigger happy band wagoners) we did not join this war because we "wanted" to fight. We joined it because our services were requested. Almost everybody in R.O.C.K. has a hard time being active, therefor a war like this would only be declared if we had to.

With regards to our nuclear policy, we feel that every member of an alliance represents its own alliance in every action it takes on the battlefield. If one nation goes rogue, that might just be a noob, or it might be an alliance taking advantage of lenient policies. If an alliance can not control its nuclear members, than it must take the consequences of that nations actions.

With that being said, I hope this will be a good war, oh and hi Zerosoldier ;)

Edited by bojje

[i]Comes back from his extended shore leave...[/i]

What on [s]earth[/s] planet bob is going on in here? :o

P.S.: To the opposing side: Please ignore Smooth and Bojje. They're just so sensitive and always get upset if they catch someone mocking our precious little alliance. So don't let them hurt your feelings.

P.S. #2: :wub: you too Alfred.

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='15 February 2010 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1266223451' post='2182626']
[/quote]

I don't think that is the reason R.O.C.K joins in. I know that if RoK fought the world, they wouldn't fight it alone because of R.O.C.K

[quote name='R3nowned' date='15 February 2010 - 02:37 AM' timestamp='1266230259' post='2182717']
Seriously? RoK requested assistance?

O.o

I lol'd

o/ TFD
[/quote]

I know you won't understand a word that I am saying, but I am going to post anyway.

When attempting to win a global conflict, you do indeed strive for a numerical advantage. You do not do this because your opponent is fearsome or because you feel as if you're having a difficult time with them. It is typically due to fighting on multiple fronts which makes you unable to completely focus on a single front. Therefore, the assist is needed to make sure that victory is achieved as quickly as possible.

I have seen you posting in other RoK related threads and you have made it obvious that you have something against us. Having said that, it does not mean that you should throw simple logic and strategy out the window. Step back, clear your head of bias, and [b]then[/b] contribute a well thought out and intelligent post ... or ignore the thread entirely. Preferably the latter.

[quote name='Duncan King' date='15 February 2010 - 11:42 AM' timestamp='1266252154' post='2183066']
Wow, what are TFD feeding their soldiers to merit all of you all jumping on to them?! At least you get credit for actually following a treaty and not just bandwaggoning in.
[/quote]

I would like to point out that ROCK is now the only alliance I can think of which is fighting TFD solely. So while it might seem odd, with multiple fronts included you find yourself rather stretched out during a war, which I know you are aware of.

ROCK are some good allies because everytime I see Rok at war it seems ROCK is not far away from the conflict.

Good luck guys and welcome to the fray.

PS: DK, there's a lot of alliances which find themselves declared on by what could be considered overkill if it was all those numbers against them, which is why this DoW means less about TFD's fighting ability and more about everyone else just being too tied up to hit them consistently enough.