Will MK DoW on alliances attacking the NpO?

Ch33kY

[quote name='shahenshah' date='07 February 2010 - 09:04 PM' timestamp='1265540690' post='2166672']
Indeed, Thats why they sat waiting and ready for the impending attack they were made aware of. :smug:
[/quote]

I think it's actually quite prudent to always prepare for war in CN. C&G have been baiting IRON and TOP for a while now. You took the bait. Where does the buck stop?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='07 February 2010 - 03:17 PM' timestamp='1265577439' post='2167298']
How many nations of MK are in peace mode not fighting? Is it most of us? Hint: its not really a meatshield if we need the help. We are fully engaged, with few exceptions (people reloading in peace mode, no TOP nations in range with slots, people away). Note how many 80k+ nations TOP has, and how many MK has. People who were supporting us (Sparta) have their hands full with other targets, and so Polaris's help was requested. We aren't trying to deflect damage from MK, we are trying to actually win~

If you know MK, you know we are doing everything we can to help Polaris out of the war they are in with GOD, VE, etc. We don't abandon our allies diplomatically, even if the situation has forced us to militarially. MK cares about Polaris, and our actions have been explained many times, even within this thread. Your leadership should know and understand them as well.
[/quote]

i find it amusing that Polaris is currently involved in 545 (off/def) or so wars spread across 234 nations and are still willing to take on TOP. MK is involved in 183 (off/def) or so wars spread across 140 nations and are somehow incapable of helping Polaris out militarily? yes currently Polaris has 195 nations in PM but wouldn't you when you are facing the odds that Polaris are? the moment those nations come out, they will be hit and most likely incapable of reaching PM again until this war ends. MK has 39 nations in PM. essentially, MK wants Polaris to take all their top nations out of PM and hit TOP and get them destroyed while MK states that they do not have the military to aid Polaris... oh wait, i also heard something like a no-chaining clause or some such. yes, true friends are willing to risk utter destruction for their allies and then there is MK. oh i keep forgetting that MK are willing to risk utter destruction for CnG. how dumb of me.

Edited by Dochartaigh

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='07 February 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1265583412' post='2167549']
i find it amusing that Polaris is currently involved in 545 (off/def) or so wars spread across 234 nations and are still willing to take on TOP. MK is involved in 183 (off/def) or so wars spread across 140 nations and are somehow incapable of helping Polaris out militarily? yes currently Polaris has 195 nations in PM but wouldn't you when you are facing the odds that Polaris are? the moment those nations come out, they will be hit and most likely incapable of reaching PM again until this war ends. MK has 39 nations in PM. essentially, MK wants Polaris to take all their top nations out of PM and hit TOP and get them destroyed while MK states that they do not have the military to aid Polaris... oh wait, i also heard something like a no-chaining clause or some such. yes, true friends are willing to risk utter destruction for their allies and then there is MK. oh i keep forgetting that MK are willing to risk utter destruction for CnG. how dumb of me.
[/quote]
Alliance Name: Mushroom Kingdom
Members: 180
Anarchy: 131
Peace: 39

Indeed, how dumb of you.

Despite not enjoying the best of relations in the past weeks, MK is grateful for NpO's assistance and will do everything in its power to assist Polaris in its predicament. As has been stated by comrade der ko, military help is out of the question due to the obvious limitations, but we will lend our support on other fronts.

I guess we'll just have to put up with dochartaigh and the like's drivel until the fruits of our labour show, eh.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='07 February 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1265583412' post='2167549']
[/quote]
Anarchy tends to do that. Do you have any idea how hard it is to tell MK nations they can't attack three people in addition to what they are already fighting? Damn near impossible. I would know. I've had to do it.

[quote name='wickedj' date='07 February 2010 - 07:30 AM' timestamp='1265527832' post='2166485']
Yaknow what *I* want to see? How the hell is NpO going to get out of this war. Polar is fighting for MK(C&G) and against GOD(SF)...VietPolar?
[/quote]
Well, I would anticipate that MK would be working diplomatically to get NpO's wars resolved, especially if they really want the military assistance. NpO still has a lot of nuclear weapons, and capacity to build more nuclear weapons, and it would do MK a lot of good if those were hitting TOP rather than VE or GOD or Kronos or whatever.

[quote name='Katsumi' date='07 February 2010 - 11:26 PM' timestamp='1265585174' post='2167610']
Well, I would anticipate that MK would be working diplomatically to get NpO's wars resolved, especially if they really want the military assistance. NpO still has a lot of nuclear weapons, and capacity to build more nuclear weapons, and it would do MK a lot of good if those were hitting TOP rather than VE or GOD or Kronos or whatever.
[/quote]

Working diplomatically to help an alliance risks you nothing. It's very basic stuff that doesn't hurt you, it only makes people think that you actually care. So MK negotiates peace for NpO, so what? It's merely to save face if they do it. They don't [i]actually [/i] care about the well being of Polaris. Helping someone, "negotiate peace" may need to be done but negotiating on behalf of someone costs you nothing and makes you look like a hero.

Not surprising Archon does a lot of this, when you think about it.

[quote name='The AUT' date='07 February 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1265586311' post='2167643']
Working diplomatically to help an alliance risks you nothing. It's very basic stuff that doesn't hurt you, it only makes people think that you actually care. So MK negotiates peace for NpO, so what? It's merely to save face if they do it. They don't [i]actually [/i] care about the well being of Polaris. Helping someone, "negotiate peace" may need to be done but negotiating on behalf of someone costs you nothing and makes you look like a hero.

[/quote]

Polar needs all the help they can get in the peace negotiations department. All in all, that's probably more valuable than the limited military support MK could provide with all 10 of their war mode, non-anarchied nations.

[quote name='Moridin' date='07 February 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1265586462' post='2167645']
Polar needs all the help they can get in the peace negotiations department. All in all, that's probably more valuable than the limited military support MK could provide with all 10 of their war mode, non-anarchied nations.
[/quote]

Well it needs to be done, but it takes no toll on the alliance actually negotiating the peace. It doesn't cost them anything. I mean we saw some MK people such as Tamerlane saying they wanted death to Polaris after their attack on GOD, and then turn around and ask Polaris for help. MK doesn't care about Polaris, it's very apparent. If they did, I don't think Grub would've canceled the treaty or had MK ask them to declare war on TOP. Saying, "we'll help you negotiate peace if you help us attack an alliance" is trading actual worth for a diplomatic back-channel talk that will be resolved one way or another without any cost to the mediators involved.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='06 February 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1265487609' post='2165001']
so if MK is not a fair-weather ally, when can we expect MK to declare on one of the many alliances hitting Polaris? VE, OV, Kronos, and others. i understand GOD is allied to Athens but are all alliances hitting Polaris allied to CnG directly?
[/quote]

GOD and Athens share no treaty. Don't know where Jack got that information. But we do have a treaty with CSN. Just to clarify some things.

/me moves on from topic.

[quote name='The AUT' date='07 February 2010 - 03:51 PM' timestamp='1265586672' post='2167651']
Well it needs to be done, but it takes no toll on the alliance actually negotiating the peace. It doesn't cost them anything. I mean we saw some MK people such as Tamerlane saying they wanted death to Polaris after their attack on GOD, and then turn around and ask Polaris for help. MK doesn't care about Polaris, it's very apparent. If they did, I don't think Grub would've canceled the treaty or had MK ask them to declare war on TOP. Saying, "we'll help you negotiate peace if you help us attack an alliance" is trading actual worth for a diplomatic back-channel talk that will be resolved one way or another without any cost to the mediators involved.
[/quote]

Was the Polar-MK treaty canceled when I wasn't looking? And don't think I'm defending MK here, I'm merely saying that at this point diplomatic help is better than military help.

[quote name='The AUT' date='07 February 2010 - 11:45 PM' timestamp='1265586311' post='2167643']
Working diplomatically to help an alliance risks you nothing. It's very basic stuff that doesn't hurt you, it only makes people think that you actually care.
[/quote]
Once again you demonstrate your complete lack of knowledge of politics in this game.

[quote name='The AUT' date='07 February 2010 - 06:45 PM' timestamp='1265586311' post='2167643']

[/quote]

Haha, oh wow. When you think you've heard it all. TheAUT takes time out of his busy schedule yet again to make himself look like a fool on the CN forums for the sake of trying to bash MK.

[quote name='Commisar Gaunt' date='08 February 2010 - 12:20 AM' timestamp='1265588430' post='2167684']
Haha, oh wow. When you think you've heard it all. TheAUT takes time out of his busy schedule yet again to make himself look like a fool on the CN forums for the sake of trying to bash MK.
[/quote]

Great way to refute a point. "It's AUT, let's dismiss his arguments as a 'lolAUT' and get out of here, fine gentleman."

No I don't like you, but it isn't the focal point of my argument. What's the matter sir, u mad?

[quote]I have today advised GR of my intention to cancel our treaty. Whilst MK has similar commitments, they have worked hard as allies and friends to assist us, their communications are current, and although mostly abuse, they at least say something. Our relationship is strained to breaking point and the over/unders on cancelation will not be satisfied tonight. If you had let me bet, maybe things would have been different.

This cancellation does not change not change our current written commitments with GR, nor does it affect our commitments to MK. Both sets of commitments are clear, and I will honor them.[/quote]

This shows the intention to cancel the future treaty with both MK and GR however honoring the requests of MK. So MK cares for Polaris? Hardly.

Err..where does it show the intent to cancel on MK?

Sorry, don't see it. He canceled on GR for lack of communication + bloc ties, didn't on MK because there is no lack of communication

[quote name='The AUT' date='07 February 2010 - 04:24 PM' timestamp='1265588666' post='2167686']
This shows the intention to cancel the future treaty with both MK and GR however honoring the requests of MK. So MK cares for Polaris? Hardly.
[/quote]

No, it shows intention to cancel the GR treaty. It seems your prefrontal lobe has betrayed you once again.

[quote name='The AUT' date='07 February 2010 - 07:24 PM' timestamp='1265588666' post='2167686']
Great way to refute a point. "It's AUT, let's dismiss his arguments as a 'lolAUT' and get out of here, fine gentleman."

No I don't like you, but it isn't the focal point of my argument. What's the matter sir, u mad?

[/quote]

I'm sorry but if you honestly believe that snippet of what I had just previously quoted, then you are obviously extremely ignorant about conducting proper or effective FA.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='08 February 2010 - 08:56 AM' timestamp='1265583412' post='2167549']
[/quote]

The majority of shrooms haven't been able to declare any new wars since day two, so take it up with our opponents if you feel that we should be in more wars.

The argument that working to get an alliance out of war with half the planet takes no time and shows that MK, and Archon in particular, doesn't care about the well-being of Polaris is easily the dumbest thing Ive heard today. There is a difference between blindly hating CnG and your baseless claims... oh wait, no there isnt, they are exactly the same.

OF course MK want Polar out of the other wars, so they can roll in on TOP. That doesn't actually show that they care about Polar (if they did then they would have gone for a quick peace or a tip-off to TOP and not be pulling them into their own war on the wrong side).

To be fair MK can't exactly prove that they care about Polaris. Anything they do can and will explained by critics as attempts to further MK's own interests that incidentally may help NpO out a bit.

That said I would be surprised if MK, especially the general membership, really do care about Polaris.

[quote name='Teriethien' date='08 February 2010 - 03:42 PM' timestamp='1265640133' post='2168708']
To be fair MK can't exactly prove that they care about Polaris. Anything they do can and will explained by critics as attempts to further MK's own interests that incidentally may help NpO out a bit.

That said I would be surprised if MK, especially the general membership, really do care about Polaris.
[/quote]

NpO is actually the most discussed topic on our boards, so I'd say our members [i]do[/i] care. The first part of your post is spot on, though.