Issuance from the Jedi Council

Doitzel

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' date='31 January 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1264923084' post='2147084']
This is not a valid CB, Doitzel, and you know that very well.

Why are you posting this?
[/quote]

They just though TOP might attack them or their allies in this war - so they made a preemptive strike.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Metal Shards' date='31 January 2010 - 02:19 AM' timestamp='1264922363' post='2147056']
Hey calm down there Pete - it's all in fun.
[/quote]
Who says I'm not calm or having fun? I enjoy posting and you're on the other side. Can't handle a little criticism?

Edit:

[quote]I think you've exhausted the comedy routine tonight, Methrage. There isn't enough material in this announcement to beat "TOP thought they had a good relationship with NpO". Pack up the balloon animals and give it another shot tomorrow.[/quote]

What does NpO have to do with this? I don't think I mentioned them in this thread.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='Timberland' date='31 January 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1264923282' post='2147089']
I was just stating that Doitzel was wrong
[/quote]
Well they were your protectorate when they stabbed MCXA in the back and they're clinging so tightly to you we mistook you for a security blanket, so I mean it's an easy mistake to make.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='31 January 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1264923500' post='2147095']
Did TOP have a "valid" CB against CnG? This is about justice, sir. Justice and our right to be cocky.
[/quote]
I actually believe so. On the other hand, your "enemy" was probably not aware of your existence until you just "attacked" them. It is also going to be an isolated and broken alliance at the end of this war that is essentially a curbstomp, whereas you will be rising and protected alliance. Your security could have only been enhanced in the near future.

You have simply jeopardized it to make this announcement, and for your "right to be a cocky?" I like you guys and all...but come on! I don't think VE has the right to be cocky, and you're like 5% of our size.

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' date='31 January 2010 - 02:31 AM' timestamp='1264923084' post='2147084']
This is not a valid CB, Doitzel, and you know that very well.

Why are you posting this?
[/quote]
What would you have us do? Sit idly by while the Paradoxian menace plans our demise? Cast out our cocky brethren into certain doom? A TOP member has already confirmed that if they were not in TJO, they would have much to fear from TOP's leadership. It is only a matter of time before they corner us, to trap the cocky ones. Or maybe even begin to hate us for our own cockiness.

Through their own hatred of cockiness, the menace has become that which they loathe, cocky. A true Paradox.

[quote name='Erich Ludendorff' date='31 January 2010 - 02:49 AM' timestamp='1264924186' post='2147118']
What would you have us do? Sit idly by while the Paradoxian menace plans our demise? Cast out our cocky brethren into certain doom? A TOP member has already confirmed that if they were not in TJO, they would have much to fear from TOP's leadership. It is only a matter of time before they corner us, to trap the cocky ones. Or maybe even begin to hate us for our own cockiness.

Through their own hatred of cockiness, the menace has become that which they loathe, cocky. A true Paradox.
[/quote]
Or maybe your trying to test whether the treaties TOP holds with those not assisting them mean anything, or if the treaties are just for show. :smug:

[quote name='Methrage' date='30 January 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1264924402' post='2147123']
Or maybe your trying to test whether the treaties TOP holds with those not assisting them mean anything, or if the treaties are just for show. :smug:
[/quote]

I thought TOP's treaties were already activated in some parallel universe's future and that's what caused TOP to enter in this war against CnG on their allies behalf.

[quote name='Erich Ludendorff' date='31 January 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1264924186' post='2147118']

[/quote]
I admit, while I disagree with the severity of the threat to you, I chuckled mightily at the last line

[quote name='DogeWilliam' date='31 January 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1264924604' post='2147126']
I was there during the whole Lemeard thing. And for you to bring it up in a DoW when you had nothing to do with it shows very little class. I honestly have no clue why anyone ever respected you elyat.
[/quote]
You know that Lemeard is in TJO, right? It has already been established in this thread that the threat still exists. As Grandmaster of TJO, he has quite a bit to do with it.

In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if this whole war was set up by the Paradoxian menace to trap us. :tinfoil:

[quote name='DogeWilliam' date='30 January 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1264924604' post='2147126']
I was there during the whole Lemeard thing. And for you to bring it up in a DoW when you had nothing to do with it shows very little class. I honestly have no clue why anyone ever respected you elyat.
[/quote]

It has plenty to do with Lemeard and he's a member of TJO now, but we can't have him make the announcement. That's not how these things works. Do you expect us to go against community standards? Isn't that what started this mess?

[quote name='Erich Ludendorff' date='31 January 2010 - 02:03 AM' timestamp='1264925018' post='2147140']
You know that Lemeard is in TJO, right? It has already been established in this thread that the threat still exists. As Grandmaster of TJO, he has quite a bit to do with it.

In fact, I'm beginning to wonder if this whole war was set up by the Paradoxian menace to trap us. :tinfoil:
[/quote]

Yea.... you enjoy your war.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='31 January 2010 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1264925088' post='2147141']
It has plenty to do with Lemeard and he's a member of TJO now, but we can't have him make the announcement. That's not how these things works. Do you expect us to go against community standards? Isn't that what started this mess?
[/quote]

So what you are saying is that Lemeard is actually behind this DoW on TSO/TOP. Ok good to know. Some people need vengeance to survive I guess.

[quote name='Methrage' date='31 January 2010 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1264924402' post='2147123']
[/quote]

I was wondering that myself to be honest.

[quote name='DogeWilliam' date='31 January 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1264925312' post='2147149']
So what you are saying is that Lemeard is actually behind this DoW on TSO/TOP. Ok good to know. Some people need vengeance to survive I guess.
[/quote]

Lemeard is behind a lot of spamming on our forums and not much else. I'm merely pointing out to you that his defense and the defense of the rest of the former members of Universalis is of concern to us, which you previously said was not.

If TOP no longer wishes to continue this conflict, perhaps they can relinquish their claim to our members' rights to be cocky. You'll have to take this up with our government, of course.

Edited by Sal Paradise

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='31 January 2010 - 02:14 AM' timestamp='1264925676' post='2147157']
If TOP no longer wishes to continue this conflict, perhaps they can relinquish their claim to our members' rights to be cocky. You'll have to take this up with our government, of course.
[/quote]
I don't see any reason to start peace talks yet.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='31 January 2010 - 02:14 AM' timestamp='1264925676' post='2147157'] I'm merely pointing out to you that his defense and the defense of the rest of the former members of Universalis is of concern to us, which you previously said was not.
[/quote]

I never said it wasn't. Though to use a dead alliance and a several years retired TOP member as a motive for war is stupid. If you had just declared on us and given no reason whatsoever I would have welcomed you to the fight. To bring up this garbage makes me hate you. Pray that the significant alliances which you are bandwagoning don't abandon you, or become too insignificant to help you.

Edited by DogeWilliam

[quote name='DogeWilliam' date='31 January 2010 - 09:21 AM' timestamp='1264926083' post='2147162']
If you had just declared on us and given no reason whatsoever I would have welcomed you to the fight.
[/quote]
That seems to be your style, yes. Somehow I suspect we'd see even more whining in this thread if they hadn't given any reason at all though.

[quote name='neneko' date='31 January 2010 - 02:25 AM' timestamp='1264926351' post='2147166']
That seems to be your style, yes. Somehow I suspect we'd see even more whining in this thread if they hadn't given any reason at all though.
[/quote]

Umm, no. You probably wouldn't see a single TOP post if they had given no reason. But, Doitzel is quite the attention grubber. So he has to bring out some dirty laundry that he has no claim to so that there will be multiple pages to this thread.

Edited by DogeWilliam

[quote name='DogeWilliam' date='31 January 2010 - 02:27 AM' timestamp='1264926471' post='2147168']
Umm, no. You probably wouldn't see a single TOP post if they had given no reason. But, Doitzel is quite the attention grubber. So he has to bring out some dirty laundry that he has no claim to so that there will be multiple pages to this thread.
[/quote]
And here I was thinking we all agreed on the reason to go to war. Who knew this was all about our Grandmaster wanting to be an attention whore?