Imperial Decree - New Polar

What is intelligent about destroying each other over a recognized mistake? I don't get why people are hailing that post.

It's insightful. It recognizes that \m/ made a mistake. It acknowledges a desire to change \m/'s manner of conducting business. There is one condition for peace, and that's for \m/ to stop attacking vulnerable alliances for their own profit. This post acknowledges that possibility.

That's all we're in this for.

It's insightful. It recognizes that \m/ made a mistake. It acknowledges a desire to change \m/'s manner of conducting business. There is one condition for peace, and that's for \m/ to stop attacking vulnerable alliances for their own profit. This post acknowledges that possibility.

That's all we're in this for.

Well, I suppose you are correct. I retract my previous statements as I had not thoroughly read the post.

People are going to draw whatever conclusion is most convenient for their side. If it's that Polar planned this out to destroy \m/, then that's what it is. It doesn't mean people have to then go "Hm, I wonder if Polar thought it would explode like this. Maybe it wasn't a secret plan...cause it's a pretty !@#$%* one."

Great OP.

You get all butthurt when your leadership is insulted and then turn around and do this?

I see where you're coming from - I think you are wrong but I get it. Nuances are important to this. Grub was coming to have a chat with a tech raid we didn't like and was abused for minutes while \m/ leadership ignored the situation. I made a jest because \m/ leadership has refused to admit wrong-doing outside of an insincere apology about the racism in the abuse of Grub (as opposed to the abuse of Grub) and then reprimanded its members days later. You guys were wrong to steal FoA's tech. They bought it, you took it. You guys were wrong to ignore the abuse your members were inflicting on my Emperor while it was going on, while your leadership was active in the channel and witnessing it.

No offense, but after the minutes of berating Grub tolerated in the name of diplomacy, and your refusal to admit almost any wrong-doing in this situation, I've come to the conclusion your leadership is kind of stubborn.

I like Godwin's post a lot. I wish you, Merrie Melodies, had the same opinion as Godwin, instead of hard-lining against us. Godwin is willing to overlook differences to come to a reconciliation, and an important part of that is admitting error. You guys are stubborn, but Godwin evidently is not. He seems progressive, he wants to work through this, and he is willing to compromise. He may not be more "intelligent" than \m/ leadership, but he is certainly more inspired and liberal. I wish you were like that.

Without Polar getting involved in that tech raid when all the involved parties in the tech raid had already reached a solution there would be no war.

This war is here because Polar wanted to hit \m/. No more, no less, and nothing \m/ could have done would have stopped it.

This war occured because Polar wanted it, that was clear if you had paid attention to his demands from the start.

We do not, nor will we ever, bow to Polar or accept another alliances sovereignty over us.

DeLay blesses thee on the battlefield.

I see where you're coming from - I think you are wrong but I get it. Nuances are important to this. Grub was coming to have a chat with a tech raid we didn't like and was abused for minutes while \m/ leadership ignored the situation. I made a jest because \m/ leadership has refused to admit wrong-doing outside of an insincere apology about the racism in the abuse of Grub (as opposed to the abuse of Grub) and then reprimanded its members days later. You guys were wrong to steal FoA's tech. They bought it, you took it. You guys were wrong to ignore the abuse your members were inflicting on my Emperor while it was going on, while your leadership was active in the channel and witnessing it.

No offense, but after the minutes of berating Grub tolerated in the name of diplomacy, and your refusal to admit almost any wrong-doing in this situation, I've come to the conclusion your leadership is kind of stubborn.

I like Godwin's post a lot. I wish you, Merrie Melodies, had the same opinion as Godwin, instead of hard-lining against us. Godwin is willing to overlook differences to come to a reconciliation, and an important part of that is admitting error. You guys are stubborn, but Godwin evidently is not. He seems progressive, he wants to work through this, and he is willing to compromise. He may not be more "intelligent" than \m/ leadership, but he is certainly more inspired and liberal. I wish you were like that.

I have been stubborn, especially in regards to all the insults that have been hurled at us from the moment alterego pinned

that thread. That being said I have also advocated for a solution, but one that required actual negotiation, not one that went

"Do as I command or else, tick tock tick tock"

To be honest, the world doesn't have to continue to burn, unass your FA team and start knocking on doors.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

I dont agree with any of this. But that doesnt mean you bow down to a bully. This isn`t school and your not the principal etc..

I feel for the allies of both sides. it should never have come to this. Blame who you want but if the coach from the other team

came in to our locker room after a game and told us he didnt like how we played and to apologize lol well you get the picture!

AND THEN he gets an apology for how he was treated in the locker room lol and doesnt like that lol wtf !!

It amazes me so many people are surprised we didn't jump to accept the terms. It's pretty ridiculous if you put yourself in our shoes.

Grub threatened us for days, throwing his weight around at us, opening old wounds, until he finally hit us pretty good. He then offered us terms saying we could end it, if we essentially submit to their will and their goals. Truly, that would have worked out perfect for Grub and he would come out without taking any damage, and would look like a hero. We, as enemies, of course refuse to bow down to a snake hiding under the guise of morality. Grub, you are not the judge, jury, and executioner, you are an equal of \m/ and have no right to dictate us just because you have a few thousand nukes to throw around, and an alliance who eats your every word.

We aren't afraid as we've shown, and with the support thrown to us by alliances such as GOD, Stickmen, PC, and in particular, FOK!, the court of public opinion is showing that your disguise is not such a good one, your true colors are showing, and I should hope we won't back down from your aggressive actions.

It amazes me so many people are surprised we didn't jump to accept the terms. It's pretty ridiculous if you put yourself in our shoes.

Grub threatened us for days, throwing his weight around at us, opening old wounds, until he finally hit us pretty good. He then offered us terms saying we could end it, if we essentially submit to their will and their goals. Truly, that would have worked out perfect for Grub and he would come out without taking any damage, and would look like a hero. We, as enemies, of course refuse to bow down to a snake hiding under the guise of morality. Grub, you are not the judge, jury, and executioner, you are an equal of \m/ and have no right to dictate us just because you have a few thousand nukes to throw around, and an alliance who eats your every word.

We aren't afraid as we've shown, and with the support thrown to us by alliances such as GOD, Stickmen, PC, and in particular, FOK!, the court of public opinion is showing that your disguise is not such a good one, your true colors are showing, and I should hope we won't back down from your aggressive actions.

A lot of people seem to be prettttyyyy paranoid around here.

Also, imagine that post coming from FoA....*dream*

I love the fact that you are claiming GOD, Stickman and FOK are supporting you. Did you hear that guys? \m/ says you are supporting them, does that mean we get to say that as well for now on?

We are not supporting you, we are supporting PC.

Your inability to accept that anyone could conceivably view the world in a different way than you do has caused you to misinterpret Grub's motives. There is a good debate to be had about whether the world would be better off if all alliances could do whatever they pleased or whether some standards must be upheld by the bystanders (if I'm not mistaken, you've landed on both sides of the debate before) but rather than debating that you have chosen to attack our integrity. Just because you do not believe that the standards outlined by Grub exist doesn't mean that he does not believe they do. I would stake what little reputation I have as an honest member of the community on the fact that he does.

If you want to start an argument about whether Grub's beliefs are incorrect or dangerous then do so, but you have no reason to call him a pretender when he believes what he says.

Edited by Penguin

Your inability to accept that anyone could conceivably view the world in a different way than you do has caused you to misinterpret Grub's motives. There is a good debate to be had about whether the world would be better off if all alliances could do whatever they pleased or whether some standards must be upheld by the bystanders (if I'm not mistaken, you've landed on both sides of the debate before) but rather than debating that you have chosen to attack our integrity. Just because you do not believe that the standards outlined by Grub exist doesn't mean that he does not believe they do. I would stake what little reputation I have as an honest member of the community on the fact that he does.

If you want to start an argument about whether Grub's beliefs are incorrect or dangerous then do so, but you have no reason to call him a pretender when he believes what he says.

So what you are saying is that because Grub believes something to be true, he should go around trying to force others to adhere to such a belief?

The emporer has no clothes.

So what you are saying is that because Grub believes something to be true, he should go around trying to force others to adhere to such a belief?

I'm saying he's not going after a grudge under the disguise of morality if he believes in the standards he advocates, which is a direct contradiction to Starfox's assertion. Yours is an unrelated statement centered around a more substantial issue, whether alliances should fight for what they believe or turn a blind eye and be a quiet bystanders until the issue lands on their doorstep. Like I told Starfox, I'd much rather debate that than have an argument about whether Grub actually believes what he says. Judging from your recent statements elsewhere I think I know your stance on that as well and from my proximity to the issue I know that you are also incorrect.

Edited by Penguin

I understand, but you are calling Polar, and Grub, out by stating your are against what Polar has done here.

Not to \m/, I understand, but to Poison Clan.

Polar did nothing to Poison Clan. Poison Clan decided that \m/'s personal attacks upon the leader of the NpO do not constitute as attacks on an alliance thus decided on their own that they could jump in defensively for \m/ rather then aggressively in defense of \m/'s attacks on NpO.

So yes, you are correct that everyone jumping in is indeed defending \m/'s aggressive actions.

What he is saying is when Grub believes something to be true he is going to follow up on it. In this case that seems to be simply talking about it as he did with GOONS and tried to do with \m/. On one hand when the GOONS act responsibly and diplomatically we see no war happen, in fact their treaty was able to be salvaged and kept. Yet on the other hand we have a different example of how \m/ attacks the leader of NpO to such a degree that their own leader tries to make a public apology in an obvious attempt to keep an attack from happening. It is an obvious attempt because it is obvious he wasn't sincere so he had other reasons for making an apology other then actually being apologetic.

All that it seems he expects others to adhere by is to be somewhat diplomatic when approached diplomatically. The fact that some regions of the world think that is a horrible thing and that Polar is horrible for putting forth such beliefs is a bit of a shock to me. Hence just one more reason why this is such an Awkward War.

You guys believe yourself to have the right to force smaller alliances into handing over their tech by attacking them and using force, so I find it amusing to see you guys complain about NpO trying to force things onto other alliances. You guys forced your belief of it being alright to tech raid on that neutral alliance, if anything NpO is helping to prevent a situation where better connected alliances abuse smaller ones who just want to be left alone.

At least NpO hit an aggressive alliance that pretty much deserved it, you guys attacked an alliance for the reason of stealing their stuff. Why should people recognize your sovereignty when you don't do the same for other alliances?

Edited by Methrage