By popular demand: An Athens/CSN Announcement

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you've already signed eighteen treaties. Why not sign another one?

Nothing wrong with it if you are going to honor the treaties to the best of your ability. At least alliances like them enough to be willing to treaty them.

Nothing wrong with it if you are going to honor the treaties to the best of your ability. At least alliances like them enough to be willing to treaty them.

You know as well as Athens, myself and the rest of Bob that they cannot honour all of those treaties. I would dare to go as far as suggesting that a fair proportion of those treaties are insurance policies rather than reflections of actual friendships. It just goes to show what signing a treaty with Athens really means.

Sorry all out of Candy but the playground there is a big one out there im sure you can find it if you want too.

:lol1: wow keep trying its almost working

So when is the CnG/SF merger

Right before we roll purplol and then instigate a C&G/SF civil war.

Sorry to see the hate Bud.

You know as well as Athens, myself and the rest of Bob that they cannot honour all of those treaties. I would dare to go as far as suggesting that a fair proportion of those treaties are insurance policies rather than reflections of actual friendships. It just goes to show what signing a treaty with Athens really means.

So long as they at least think about maybe, possibly, almost defending us, we'll consider this treaty honored.

Yes, because there is no better person to judge Athens' treaties than someone who isnt in Athens, next up ill be commenting on IAA's treaties and who they should and shouldnt sign with

Oh. you're TSO..see now it all makes sense. shame on me

Edited by wickedj

Please show me that they cannot honor an optional defense and aggression treaty. Oh, and please show me the evidence you have to support the vast leap you are making to saying that there is no relationship here. If you can do that, then you can make that claim. Til then, you are just talking for the point of hearing yourself talk, and no one cares.

Thank you :rolleyes:

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

Athens does have a history of not honoring her treaties. I dont know why anyone would sign with us.

Please show me that they cannot honor an optional defense and aggression treaty. Oh, and please show me the evidence you have to support the vast leap you are making to saying that there is no relationship here. If you can do that, then you can make that claim. Til then, you are just talking for the point of hearing yourself talk, and no one cares.

Thank you :rolleyes:

Its common sense that any alliance with that many treaties cannot honour them all. When a big war breaks out there is no way they can honour all those treaties. Yes, that includes the optional treaties which are signing by most alliances in the spirit of doing the right thing and assiting their treaty partners.

Its common sense that any alliance with that many treaties cannot honour them all. When a big war breaks out there is no way they can honour all those treaties. Yes, that includes the optional treaties which are signing by most alliances in the spirit of doing the right thing and assiting their treaty partners.

So Athens is not going to be able to honor the treaty..ohwait they are because regardless what they do as long as they don't attack them they have honored the treaty.

They might not be able to honor the friendship behind the treaty, but the treaty will still be honored.

We will see come a war if they honor their treaties, and I have no doubt in my mind they will do so. They always have in the past.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

You know there was a time when Fark and CSN held a mere ODP, now look at them.

Like the commercial says, good things come to those who wait :P

I don't like friendships who start with "may be I can help you in time of need", may be it's just me :P

I don't like friendships who start with "may be I can help you in time of need", may be it's just me :P

Gotta start somewhere, besides you sound as if Athens or CSN wouldnt honor this treaty should one another need it. might i remind you both CSN and Athens both have a history of honoring their treaties regardless of the odds they face

Gotta start somewhere, besides you sound as if Athens or CSN wouldnt honor this treaty should one another need it. might i remind you both CSN and Athens both have a history of honoring their treaties regardless of the odds they face

If both of you will honor it, why make it optional? Doesn't make sense.

If both of you will honor it, why make it optional? Doesn't make sense.

We have always and will always do our best to honor every treaty we sign. As this is the case, I think it is particularly important to make an effort to sign exactly the level of treaty you think is most appropriate at the time that you sign it, rather than putting out a glut of MDPs that aren't worth the paper they're written on. I would think the rather poor history of many major alliances when it comes to honoring very high level treaties would be evidence that more clarity in treaty writing is desirable, but that's just me.

Besides, as Wicked noted already, all formal friendships need a starting point. I believe we now hold MDP+ level treaties with many if not most of our former partners in less formally binding accords.