By popular demand: An Athens/CSN Announcement

We have always and will always do our best to honor every treaty we sign. As this is the case, I think it is particularly important to make an effort to sign exactly the level of treaty you think is most appropriate at the time that you sign it, rather than putting out a glut of MDPs that aren't worth the paper they're written on. I would think the rather poor history of many major alliances when it comes to honoring very high level treaties would be evidence that more clarity in treaty writing is desirable, but that's just me.

Besides, as Wicked noted already, all formal friendships need a starting point. I believe we now hold MDP+ level treaties with many if not most of our former partners in less formally binding accords.

My point stands, would be better if people was sincere and just said: "Our level of trust isn't big enough to sign an MDP because we can't promise that we will defend them in case of attack."

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My point stands, would be better if people was sincere and just said: "Our level of trust isn't big enough to sign an MDP because we can't promise that we will defend them in case of attack."

Stop playing at being dense. You've been around long enough to know treaty language.

If we wanted to MDP, we'd MDP. As it stands, we want to oAoDP. Athens had 3 ODPs this time last month, MHA canceled their ODP with us and we upgraded to Mandatory treaties with ODN and GATO. We had poor communications with MHA so the treaty didn't advance, we had good communications with GATO and ODN so their treaties were advanced. This is how Athens usually does treaties.

The Corporation was an immediate MDP, but we had long held treaties with most of their gov so it was a no-brainer. Poison Clan and Sparta were a immediate MDPs with no prior treaty but long history. DICE MDP was a protectorate with former C&G peeps. IAA was immediate with no prior treaty that was probably our shortest MDP with someone without a prior treaty. I'm probably missing an alliance or two off the top of my head.

As to whoever said "there's no way they can honor all those treaties," assuming it was directed at us, try it. We've never backed out on an ally before and we expect them to do the same for us. We live by the golden rule when it comes to treaties, and hold our allies to the same high standards we hold ourselves. When there's a failure to live up to those standards, we cancel.

We're C&G. We're the bloc that made it cool to follow treaties. :smug: (not that many of you seem keen on doing the same)

EDIT: added smug

also, Most Powerful Bloc 2009 :smug:

Edited by rsoxbronco1

You know as well as Athens, myself and the rest of Bob that they cannot honour all of those treaties. I would dare to go as far as suggesting that a fair proportion of those treaties are insurance policies rather than reflections of actual friendships. It just goes to show what signing a treaty with Athens really means.

Who are you to judge the relationships between Athens and our allies? You know nothing of the matter and your assumptions that are listed above are completely false. Please do some research before you comment any further on this matter.

Hello, CSN, How are you? :wub:

Glad to be able to call yall folks friends and now allies :D

You know as well as Athens, myself and the rest of Bob that they cannot honour all of those treaties. I would dare to go as far as suggesting that a fair proportion of those treaties are insurance policies rather than reflections of actual friendships. It just goes to show what signing a treaty with Athens really means.

We don't sign treaties we don't plan to honor. It always has been, is, and always will be one of the hallmarks of our foreign policy. You may draw your own conclusions from this. :)