Ragnarok Announcement

Van Hoo III

In seriousness though... the faked logs and the real logs really say the same thing. RoK, or at least Mr. HOO believes the TPF war will be a way to teach not only TPF but IRON and CDT a lesson. Though personally I don't see what IRON and CDT have done wrong exactly, nevermind the legitimacy of the CB against TPF.

Not really. Warbuck's logs insinuate that Rok would look to drive them out of the [ooc]game[/ooc]. Hoo's logs do not contain such ooc consequences.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the rest of Planet Bob..

[19:19:54] VanHooIII[RoK]But IRON, CDT, and TPF are from a different era ... an era of NPO rule that theymiss

[19:20:09] VanHooIII[RoK]They are a group of toadies who gained power by sucking up to the NPO

[19:20:21] VanHooIII[RoK]With the NPO gone, they are suffering for past sins

[19:20:33] VanHooIII[RoK]And have no learned that this is a new world and their ways no longer fly

[19:20:59] VanHooIII[RoK]not*

[19:21:38] VanHooIII[RoK] and they need to leave the game

But that last line certainly doesn't look out of place with the VanHoo's thinking right there.

At the very least, it shows something of the true agenda behind this war.

Edited by Canik

No, he said it might have been possible. Don't try to spin it.

Also, the capitalization argument is massive fail. You can see from those logs VanHoo doesn't capitalize the beginning of every sentence, and in another instance in the same logs he being a sentence with a lower case 'and'.

:facepalm: wow you just don't give up do you?

Now you better sleep with one eye open... :ph34r:

Its hard to get a rational response from phoenixes on strings Im afraid.

circlethewagons.jpg

I don't really know these two to know who is credible, and I could see how either side could be right. Therefore I'll rightfully stay out of the discussion, while you and many others who have no clue what happened will argue fervently for one side due to their affiliation, and everyone will leave with unchanged views. Have at it boss.

Edited by bigwoody

In seriousness though... the faked logs and the real logs really say the same thing.

The legitimate logs show more reasoning, and less "Hey let's go attack ex-Heg for fun and drive them off Bob." One line faked, and a number of them removed, put the faked logs in an entirely different context.

I assume Warbuck would have had to have been the one to leak the logs in the first place (edited or not) so his credibility goes out the window right away.

Another thing I hadn't considered, the CN masses deliver.

But that last line certainly doesn't look out of place with the VanHoo's thinking right there.

Sure it does, just look at the grammatical structure. It's a run-on sentence with two uses of the word "and." Hoo was clearly finishing a full thought with the first "and" clause. If he had said that line, he would have said it as a new thought without trying to link it to the previous sentence.

Edited by NoFish

Yes it does. Hoo's thinking is that things change. So alliances should just leave instead of change, like Rok did?

Nice try buddy.

I wouldnt expect you to think at Hoo's level. I dont expect you to think at all the way you reply.

The legitimate logs show more reasoning, and less "Hey let's go attack ex-Heg for fun and drive them off Bob." One line faked, and a number of them removed, put the faked logs in an entirely different context.

Another thing I hadn't considered, the CN masses deliver.

The only part Hoo denied was the 'drive them off Bob' part. I really can't believe he admits to saying the rest of it.

Also, a number of lines removed? Give me a break, okay what was removed then? I've got the full logs myself.

circlethewagons.jpg

I don't really know these two to know who is credible, and I could see how either side could be right. Therefore I'll rightfully stay out of the discussion, while you and many others who have no clue what happened will argue fervently for one side due to their affiliation, and everyone will leave with unchanged views. Have at it boss.

Aaah, but I do know. Lots of logs that havent been edited have a good habit of showing the truth.

I kinda like Hoo, and I believe him when he says that he didn't type that line. I'm not really sure what happened, but if ADI is doctoring logs they're not the brightest knife in the drawer. They're not even spoons.

As such, I'll go ahead and dismiss this whole log set as irrelevant. I know where Hoo stands, and I don't really need these logs to see it. As he points out, he's not exactly subtle about spreading his opinion around.

The only part Hoo denied was the 'drive them off Bob' part. I really can't believe he admits to saying the rest of it.

Also, a number of lines removed? Give me a break, okay what was removed then? I've got the full logs myself.

[17:22] <Warbuck[ADI]> doesn't it get dull though to always have the same enemies?

-

10[17:22] Warbuck[ADI] IP REMOVED* Lord High Sentinel

10[17:22] Warbuck[ADI] is a registered nick

10[17:22] Warbuck[ADI] on %#rok #Blinging13 +#cnNATO %#invicta %#cnfear #mha CoG_ADI ~#ADI ~#Warbuck_palace

10[17:22] Warbuck[ADI] using frozen.coldfront.net Welcome to Coldfront!

10[17:22] Warbuck[ADI] has been idle 0secs, signed on Sat Dec 26 17:58:26

10[17:22] Warbuck[ADI] End of /WHOIS list.

-

11[17:23] <VanHooIII[RoK]> They change over time

11[17:23] <VanHooIII[RoK]> and yeah, sometimes you befriend enemies

11[17:23] <VanHooIII[RoK]> We hated Polar for over a year and vice versa

11[17:23] <VanHooIII[RoK]> now we're allies

they were in the original, but not in the fakes that were passed around.

edit: Also, Hoo admits to the rest of the logs, why would he care to lie about one of them?

Edited by CptGodzilla

In the excerpt that was circulated pretty much everything about alliances changing was pulled out. Look over the logs in the OP again if you don't understand what I mean.

I kinda like Hoo, and I believe him when he says that he didn't type that line. I'm not really sure what happened, but if ADI is doctoring logs they're not the brightest knife in the drawer. They're not even spoons.

As such, I'll go ahead and dismiss this whole log set as irrelevant. I know where Hoo stands, and I don't really need these logs to see it. As he points out, he's not exactly subtle about spreading his opinion around.

You of all people should know. :P

Aaah, but I do know. Lots of logs that havent been edited have a good habit of showing the truth.

No one except Hoo and Warbuck know the exact truth. Some will argue over interpretations and varying levels of personal confidence. Nearly all will fall in line with their particular affiliations. So you know about as much as I do w/r/t this particular issue. $%&@ all.

Neither do Warbucks logs.

We are at a standstill.

This is indeed the only thing i think anyone rational could conclude . From reading this all i can see is a typical case of "you're lying! No you are!" . And whether someone chooses to believe A or B will depend on their trust/faith towards A or B.

Debate motive then, why lie?

A "gotcha" moment in hopes it will demoralize the enemy and persuade possible fence sitters.

My guess is however that fence sitters will remain so, there is necessarily no hard evidence on either side, this is a typical he-said-she-said.

Edited by bigwoody

No one except Hoo and Warbuck know the exact truth. Some will argue over interpretations and varying levels of personal confidence. Nearly all will fall in line with their particular affiliations. So you know about as much as I do w/r/t this particular issue. $%&@ all.

I wasnt referring to just these logs but was instead answering your original post.

I predict a brief discussion where people from both sides rationally consider the differing viewpoints and come to a reasoned consensus.

Logs exist that prove puppets move how the puppet master requires them to move. Certain parties should be thankful that I am not a lesser man who would post such logs.

Edited by Imperator Hades

I assume Warbuck would have had to have been the one to leak the logs in the first place (edited or not) so his credibility goes out the window right away.

Let's assume for a second that it's always a moral wrong to reveal private logs without asking the other parties involved. Are you saying that just because someone possesses this character flaw, it automatically casts doubt on the validity of the logs in question? Those are two entirely separate levels of character flaw. One is not having utmost respect for things said in confidence. The other is willingness to commit malicious deception for personal gain.

Edited by Khrushchev

Sure it does, just look at the grammatical structure. It's a run-on sentence with two uses of the word "and." Hoo was clearly finishing a full thought with the first "and" clause. If he had said that line, he would have said it as a new thought without trying to link it to the previous sentence.

You want me to find some other times VanHoo has made a run-on sentence or improper grammar? Because I'm sure there are other instances of it. That's not what I was talking about though.

[19:19:54] VanHooIII[RoK]But IRON, CDT, and TPF are from a different era ... an era of NPO rule that theymiss

[19:20:09] VanHooIII[RoK]They are a group of toadies who gained power by sucking up to the NPO

[19:20:21] VanHooIII[RoK]With the NPO gone, they are suffering for past sins

[19:20:33] VanHooIII[RoK]And have no learned that this is a new world and their ways no longer fly

[19:20:59] VanHooIII[RoK]not*

[19:21:38] VanHooIII[RoK] and they need to leave the game

I mean, with the amount of spite behind the sentences VanHoo admits too, that it's totally believable he'd also say 'they need to leave the game'.

Awww. Maybe we wont have to kill them. Can we keep 'em, Hoo?