The ultimate stalemate?

Oktavia

So apparently the reason the war is taking so long to grow is because TPF's allies believes they have an advantage in 80k+ nations so they're sending everyone below that range in peace-mode. Now the "other-side" is doing the opposite with sending every 80k+ in peace mode to !@#$%* the strategy. Just take a look at every alliance involved.

So now we have two-sides staring at each other in peace mode in a likely stalemate.

Edited by Oktavia

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think overall the idea of only fighting at the top is a decent strategy, probably one of the better ones they had available. Pretty innovative as well. I don't think it will be very successful though.

Either way TPF is royally screwed, seeing as their largest nation is at 50k. Whether or not their allies show up, TPF won't be receiving much military back-up.

I think overall the idea of only fighting at the top is a decent strategy, probably one of the better ones they had available. Pretty innovative as well. I don't think it will be very successful though.

Either way TPF is royally screwed, seeing as their largest nation is at 50k. Whether or not their allies show up, TPF won't be receiving much military back-up.

TPF is the only one that gets screwed in the long run.

TPF was screwed from the very moment war was declared, and I'm sure they knew that. The point isn't really to "save TPF" anymore, its to hurt their attackers as badly as possible.

So apparently the reason the war is taking so long to grow is because TPF's allies believes they have an advantage in 80k+ nations so they're sending everyone below that range in peace-mode. Now the "other-side" is doing the opposite with sending every 80k+ in peace mode to !@#$%* the strategy. Just take a look at every alliance involved.

So now we have two-sides staring at each other in peace mode in a likely stalemate.

Oh my god. Really? Did you REALLY just post a thread for this?

Supposedly The Phoenix Federation is being sacrificed for the greater good or something? I forgot what the explaination given to me was for that one (the person explaining it wasn't really in a position to know anyway but I found it hilarious). They'll take a beating which allows them to play the pity card (again) and be all brave and the last ones off the field (probably being dragged off like a corpse but whatever).

This war hinges on whether someone is stupid/brilliant enough to drag in the Indepdendent Republic of Orange Nations. If they do they can arguably pull in The Citadel and, if the Complaints and Greivances Union or Superfriends want their shot, can be gunned up a bit. If this happens the war gets interesting. If it doesn't you see a mopping of the floor because, as we all know, you need to bring in every single treaty partner you have all the time to ensure victory (see Athens-M*A*S*H).

It won't be a stalemate. It'll be something else more and less amusing.

TPF was screwed from the very moment war was declared, and I'm sure they knew that. The point isn't really to "save TPF" anymore, its to hurt their attackers as badly as possible.

This one is wise.

Edited by Tokugawa Mitsukuni

You know, this is why the potential escalation is so very interesting. It's the first war that might have a strategy other than "Be more organized and have more NS and nukes."

Edited by Aeternos Astramora

You know, this is why the potential escalation is so very interesting. It's the first war that might have a strategy other than "Be more organized and have more NS and nukes."

It's an interesting shift of strategies. I guess Karma taught people about the trap card. :P I just think it's a strategy that is too easily countered and will work better on paper.

You'll likely always be eating a nuke everyday which cuts down your NS low enough that those smaller nations can gang up.

Everyone is contemplating these possibilities and war..and this stuff...and strategy and who has more nations in the high ranges and the mid ranges...yet I have seen NO, not one...DoW from TPF's allies...so until that happens, no speculation :)

Ill be waiting at Update...to see IF all hell does break loose like so many of you suggest.

Everyone is contemplating these possibilities and war..and this stuff...and strategy and who has more nations in the high ranges and the mid ranges...yet I have seen NO, not one...DoW from TPF's allies...so until that happens, no speculation :)

Ill be waiting at Update...to see IF all hell does break loose like so many of you suggest.

They have a lot invested at this point not to follow through. The losses of potential income from having so many nations in peace mode probably already numbers in the billions.

Well, NPO and allies got baited into War last-time and took a beating for it. I would assume they don't want to charge in unless they know they have a chance. It's more pixels > friends strategy. >_>

They have a lot invested at this point not to follow through. The losses of potential income from having so many nations in peace mode probably already numbers in the billions.

Peace mode doesn't hurt your income that badly unless you sit in it for 20+ days.

Well, NPO and allies got baited into War last-time and took a beating for it. I would assume they don't want to charge in unless they know they have a chance. It's more pixels > friends strategy. >_>

Peace mode doesn't hurt your income that badly unless you sit in it for 20+ days.

I don't think attacking Ordo Verde really counts as being 'baited'.