The Christmas Miracle

Hmmm...Not sure if I got this right, but these two statements seem to be in pretty stark contrast.

I fail to see how integrating into the treaty web is something that should be lauded as even remotely successful You don't need intra-alliance treaties to be part of a successful alliance: consider FAN. If anything, I'd be say that the more connected an alliance is to the treaty web, the weaker they actuallly become (With few exceptions).

Ok, I completely agree and go off on the treaty web every chance I get. But most people still praise the almighty treaty web because it is the clearest indication of participation in Bobian politics, and most new alliances fail to sign treaties aside from protectorates with alliances greater than UED. The treaty web is a faustian bargrain, but at this point, it seems that few alliances have the stones to drop it. And those few who do lack the power to make it a meaningful action. Thus, I can only hope that some renegade pack of jerkbags will integrate into the web and then kick the world to pieces through it.

While I have lots of respect for FAN, I don't think they're having a particularly large impact on Bob these days. The sad truth is that the treaty web is still necessary to affect change on Bob. It is a tool that must be used in its own destruction (if that is even possible).

Anyway, you're in a formal bloc. Albeit, I do feel that FB is limited in scope and I doubt Grub or Tyga infringe upon the sovreignty of your alliance very often. I can't say the same for most other blocs though. Whether it is better to be an irrelevant alliance drifting off on your own or an important and heavily treatied alliance crippled by its treaty obligations and the general Mexican stand-off that is Bob politics remains open for discussion. We should ask Khyber and the Zombie Defense Plan perhaps. heh.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

\m/ was never "yours." No one in this new \m/ founded or ever led \m/. You're just a bunch of bitter ex-\m/ members trying to steal its fame for the merger of your two (mediocre at best) alliances.

How can you be absolutely certain of yourself? I'd also like to point out Chief was the Minister of Foreign Affairs in \m/ at one point.

You didnt even make it one day before your charter was broken. ^_^ Federal Domestic Agency is a 27 man alliance.

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.as...&Extended=1

And some people are already saying they haven't accomplished anything. They've already written and broken their charter! It takes most alliances months to do that!

You didnt even make it one day before your charter was broken. ^_^ Federal Domestic Agency is a 27 man alliance.

http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.as...&Extended=1

Thank Admin for the resident Charter Police. How would we ever stay true to our values without you?