Alliance IRC Activity

Essenia

IRC  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he doesn't because it never actually happened, admittedly. Our noCB peak was 80 and our Karma peak was 77, with 200 and 140 members respectively.

Also FOK has way more members than us so that is not surprising.

To be honest it has happened only once that we had 95 people in our private chan. I'm wondering if there are alliances who had more than 100 members at the same time on IRC.

To be honest it has happened only once that we had 95 people in our private chan. I'm wondering if there are alliances who had more than 100 members at the same time on IRC.

Definitely NPO, possibly TOP. I can't think of any other alliances offhand that would have that kind of activity, even during war.

I call lies on those saying 75+, I've been in the private channels of a number of alliances and none of them have come close to 75+

Including:

NPO

NpO

GPA

I think it was people who read the question as Public channel, or they're just messing up the poll for fun.

I voted 46-55 for our channel and 31-40% activity, though 50 members would be about 30%.

3 members in the private chan. 100%. :awesome:

I believe Atlantis had 100 or more on multiple occasions, I believe. Don't know off the top of my head. Ask Drai.

I don't think it was ever that high... To be honest I don't know our peak but we were a pretty active alliance (moreso on the forums than IRC). I'd say our average during peak hours was around 30-35.

I'd be interested in hearing an accurate account of TOP and NPO's channels actually.

Edited by Drai

Definitely NPO, possibly TOP. I can't think of any other alliances offhand that would have that kind of activity, even during war.

We had 80 people online a couple weeks ago when we thought we may be going to war. This was 5 hours before update. Whenever I'm on irc I tend to use /list and we usually have 45-55 consistently from 12am-12 pm server time. We have a lot of Europeans in our alliance. So we're usually at like 20%.

No he doesn't because it never actually happened, admittedly. Our noCB peak was 80 and our Karma peak was 77, with 200 and 140 members respectively.

Also FOK has way more members than us so that is not surprising.

We hit 94. Way to remember, nub.

I'd say at peak hours we have at least 12 members in our private channel, then there are some members that only join our public channel since that's usually where the conversations happen...or they never bothered to register their name and can't be added to the access list :wacko:

Communities are not built overnight. If you're trying to insinuate that MK is better than other alliances b/c you have more members on IRC, I'd remind you that you have a 2-3 year headstart on some of us.

lol if anything when MK was newer activity was higher. I remember right after starting at MK we would regularly have 50% of the alliance on. Meanwhile STA has been around even longer than MK with less activity, same with others. The age of the community has no correlation with IRC activity. That's just a poor excuse.

We've TOPped 100, iirc.

Edit: Added in the pun. Couldn't resist.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

Old Guard are guilty of poor IRC activity. We are a busy bunch.

I get online when I can, but I find with the different timezone it's difficult to be online when everyone else is.

Is it just me or does it seem like people use IRC less these days?

Edited by Ch33kY

I love this new attitude that MK has. The way you all carry yourselves with an air of superiority. No sarcasm at all. I really do love it. Reminds me of the good old days in NPO. Really takes me back.

To be a Shroom is to taste freedom and to know victory.

I never really counted it up to give hard numbers: but I remember GPA's activity back in the day when they had 900-1000 members the number on IRC was only slightly higher than MKs was, with 6 times the membership base.

Edited by Azaghul

We have a lot of Europeans in our alliance.

We're so similar B)

MK's gov (including barons) is pretty much half European/Canadian, and a ton of our membership for that matter.

Edit: I guess Canadian wouldn't really be applicable to what you're saying (timezone-wise), but we have our fair share of EuroFine Gentlemen.

Edited by Drai