Global Q and A session

Azrael Alexander

One of things I wish I was able to do is get to know each and every alliance out there. To be masked a diplomat CN wide and have those in-depth Q and A sessions Grämlins are famous for. However the sheer number of alliances and time involved to undertake such an endeavour makes this difficult and almost impossible. So I have a few questions for all those alliance leaders outside the Grämlins treaty web (Gre allies are more than welcome to post though :) as are individual members who are not gov but wish to share their opinions ).

My questions for you

1. Offensive Nuclear Policy?

2. Defensive Nuclear Policy?

3. Does your alliance endorse tech raiding?

4. (Answer to #3) Why?

5. Why did your alliance choose your color?

6. Are NAPs useless?

7. Do you believe in MADPs? (Meaning, why not just have MDoAPS just in case if you do not believe in the cause)

8. Do you believe in the use of sanctioning during war?

9. Can you provide me a link to your flag?

11. What small alliances do you feel will be major political players in the long run?

12. Do you consider TDO neutral?

14. Current recruitment? (Open-door? Applicant interviews? Invite-only?)

15. Does your alliance believe in preemptive strikes?

16. Current view concerning NPO?

17. Who are the alliances you are closest to who you do not have a treaty with?

18. Do you believe/support in NPO's Revenge Doctrine?

19. Rate 1-5 (1 being lowest) for which how well your alliance has each of the following: Military, diplomacy, economical, internal organization, stability.

21. What are your alliance's strengths?

22. What are your alliance's weaknesses?

23. What alliances do typically the majority of your alliance descend from?

25. Alliance A declare war on Alliance B. You have MADPs with both. Morally, you agree with Alliance A and feel they have a good enough reason for attacking alliance B, how do you go about handling this situation?

26. Do you believe in Perma-ZI?

27. An alliance called The Fookheads has a MADP with The Asgards. The Asgards decide to declare war on an alliance called Icantbelieveitsnotbutter alliance. Asgards reasoning for attacking is simply because they want dominant control over the silver senate, and they feel this is the only way possible. The Fookheads, whom have an MADP with The Asgards, feel the reasoning is both unethical and illogical, thus canceling their MADP. Are The Fookheads dishonorable for standing up for what they believe in and canceling the MADP?

30. Thoughts concerning...

30.1 ...Citadel?

30.2 ...Frostbite?

30.3 ...Superfriends?

30.4 ...Complaints and Greviances?

30.5 ...Common Defense Treaty?

33. Do you ever censor your members?

34. Are coups ever justifiable?

36. I respectively tell you I dislike your alliance, I feel your leaders are disrespectful who feed on power and power only. I also state I feel the general membership has no respect and constantly flame. What would your response/actions be?

38. State the results of any wars you have been in.

44. Your members wish for a new government, they don't like it and feel a different kind would be better. What do you do?

45. What traits make a good alliance?

46. Current Government type?

47. What are your alliance's ideals?

48. Did you support GGA's doctrine concerning the Green team, stating an alliance needs permission from the to form on GGA and no alliances other than GPA can vote for senate? If a senator from any other team has more than 20+ votes, they will be attacked.

49. Do you believe in moral police?

50. What treaties do you have?

55. Do you feel you will ever be sanctioned?

56. How many members must be in an alliance before you consider them an actual alliance? 1? 5? 10? 20? 30+?

60. Age range most of your members are?

61. Where do most of your members live?

62. What crisis's have your alliance overcome?

63. (#62) Did you become weaker or stronger because of them?

64. What were some of the most important steps your alliance have made in its history?

66. What are your alliance's plans internally for the future?

67. What are your alliance's plans externally for the future?

68. GPA wants a MDP, do you accept?

69. The Hydra Clan enter a war you do not agree with, you have a MADP with them. You are seriously against it and it is against your morals, though, if you do not comply, you can be seen as traitors. What do you do?

70. What is honor? How is an alliance honorable, what makes an alliance honorable, and what makes an alliance dishonorable in your opinion?

71. A GOONS member flames you, and you respond back, publicly, with harsh words as well. Who is wrong?

73. What is more beneficial in the long run, diplomacy or war experience?

75. Which alliances would you sign an MDP with if you had free choice?

76. What makes a effective fighting alliance?

77. In a war against a much bigger opponent against who you could not win, would you use the alliance nukes to go down fighting (to take as many of them down with us as possible - FAN style) or disband the alliance?

78. Might makes right. True or false?

79. About the Unjust War: which side do you think was in the right, if either, and are you happy with the result?

80. Do you think that CN politics and diplomacy bear much of a similarity to diplomacy in real life? How are they similar or different, and why do you think this is? Does the diplomacy of CN more closely resemble that of any particular time period in human history, and would you change anything about the way it is generally conducted?

81. Does the majority of your alliance sell tech or buy tech? For what price?

82. Does the majority of your alliance buy donations or sell tech? For what price?

83. What was the cause of the Unjust War? (note: not the actual casus belli but the wider interrelation)

84. Do you have any ideas about where the next major tension or war might be?

85. What do you think the effect of an alliance sanction is? Is it a good thing or a bad thing for most alliances?

90. Would your alliance ever spy on an alliance if you felt threatened? (Not in-game spying)

91. The Fookheads have a NAP with TheMenHuggers. You have a MADP with The Fookheads, who break their NAP and attack TheMenHuggers. What do you do?

93. You send a member 15 Million Aid. 2 weeks later, the member leaves. Do you make the member pay 15 Million back? Or more?

94. Is there such thing as respectful freedom of speech over the CN forums?

95. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Non-government)

96. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Government)

97. Quality or Quantity?

98. The Fookheads, who you have a MADP with, are forced to cancel all treaties to avoid war with the ILovePooNuggets Alliance. The ILovePooNuggets alliance finds a questionable cassus belli, do you help your ally even though they were forced to cancel the treaty?

99. Will alliances like NADC/WTF ever do anything? Are they isolationists?

100. Your member sends aid to Mangina, who is on NPO's ZI list. (Not really, theoretical situation), who they never announced. There was no way for your alliance to know Mangina was on the list. NPO then attacks your member's nation. How do you handle this situation? What if it leads to a potential war, what will you do?

My personal answers for you

1. Very much in line with Grämlins and the MHA's, if I got to war and belive there was a tactical advantage by going no holes bared on nukes I would do so without a moment's thought. I properly planned and executed Nuclear update blitz would be an epic thing to behold.

2. A very simple if you nuke I will nuke, an eye for an eye.

3. Does your alliance endorse tech raiding? Yes

4. (Answer to #3) Why? Believe in the sovereign right of the member to raid as long as they keep to the guidelines. (Not allowed to raid if there are two or more people on an AA)

5. Why did your alliance choose your color? We chose Green originally because that's is the traditional colour of a Grämlin maybe? I honestly don't know. We moved to aqua for economic reasons as well as the !@#$%^&* with the UJA.

6. Are NAPs useless? Yes, as I become more in line with the Syzgy doctrine (an alliance does not need paper to defend an ally and friend) the more i see them as needless.

7. Do you believe in MADPs? (Meaning, why not just have MDoAPS just in case if you do not believe in the cause) No, Never. No alliance should have a carte blanche and expect another ally to follow them to the death regardless.

8. Do you believe in the use of sanctioning during war? While it's of limited use if it gives any sort of edge then yes, those alliances big enough to control a sphere senator should be rewarded with it's use in combat. I think admin should make senators more powerful and meaningful.

9. Can you provide me a link to your flag? Sure thing: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/cybernat.../c/c8/AquaX.jpg

11. What small alliances do you feel will be major political players in the long run? Currently non stick out that much in my eyes

12. Do you consider TDO neutral? Yes, but I'm not privy to stuff they have been allegedly doing.

14. Current recruitment? (Open-door? Applicant interviews? Invite-only?) Open-door, but with stringent requirements.

15. Does your alliance believe in preemptive strikes? I'd like to think we do, but in most cases we would prefer to be on the defensive IG wise but offensive on the FA front.

16. Current view concerning NPO? I think Cortath can turn them around if he can stop his members from posting. The attempted revisionism is quite pathetic and sometimes you really wonder whether they have changed at all.

17. Who are the alliances you are closest to who you do not have a treaty with? Could not say who for Gre, but when I was in MHA it would have probably been invicta. I always found it a shame we never got closer to them due to fear of spreading our treaty web even further and creating future problems for us.

18. Do you believe/support in NPO's Revenge Doctrine? Yes, I'm very anti-raiding would have pushed an Aqua Revenge Doctrine if there was more public support in the MHA. One of the best things they did in the gave even if they did it for selfish reasons.

19. Rate 1-5 (1 being lowest) for which how well your alliance has each of the following: Military, diplomacy, economical, internal organization, stability. 4, 4, 4, 4, 3. The 4's in the first couple of area are due to the fact no alliance can be perfect in them. Military wise we do no have enough nukes. I'd like to see us hit max nukes or at least take our crown back from Aircastle being the alliance with most nukes per member. We have a pitiful amount of WRC and other military wonders and our warchests are poor. Diplomacy Wise were staying in the good place were at now. My only worry is that the Gre-MK and MK-NpO treaty will be the ones conflicting in the next GW. Economical and internal could be better but as a large tech importing alliance demand is always going to outstrip supply. We seem to have stabilized out member bleed if we stay at 70 for a couple of months it will go up to a 4.

21. What are your alliance's strengths? High Avg NS, High Acitivity, Even with BobJ gone were still have a lot of moral crusaders. Tight community.

22. What are your alliance's weaknesses? For new members we can be a bit crass on our boards, tend to be seen as smarmy and up our own arses

23. What alliances do typically the majority of your alliance descend from? Starcraft forums/none

25. Alliance A declare war on Alliance B. You have MADPs with both. Morally, you agree with Alliance A and feel they have a good enough reason for attacking alliance B, how do you go about handling this situation? If the side A is going to win i'll go neutral and aid both when there finished. If Side B is going to win then i'll side with side A with the excuse that I support thier war.

26. Do you believe in Perma-ZI? For certain characters yes,

27. An alliance called The Fookheads has a MADP with The Asgards. The Asgards decide to declare war on an alliance called Icantbelieveitsnotbutter alliance. Asgards reasoning for attacking is simply because they want dominant control over the silver senate, and they feel this is the only way possible. The Fookheads, whom have an MADP with The Asgards, feel the reasoning is both unethical and illogical, thus canceling their MADP. Are The Fookheads dishonorable for standing up for what they believe in and canceling the MADP? Yes, signing an MADP means you will stick with them no matter what they do. If it was an MDoAP I would not consider them dishonourable.

30.1 ...Citadel? Awesome allies and a great community

30.2 ...Frostbite?

30.3 ...Superfriends?

30.4 ...Complaints and Grievances?

33. Do you ever censor your members? Nope nor would I ever

34. Are coups ever justifiable? Yes

36. I respectively tell you I dislike your alliance, I feel your leaders are disrespectful who feed on power and power only. I also state I feel the general membership has no respect and constantly flame. What would your response/actions be? haters gonna hate, if any of it were true i would be investigating and trying to curb it myself. Put genrally it's a case of what is said first.

38. State the results of any wars you have been in. I was with the MHA in GWIII, caught the end of it as a new nation got involved in the mopping up = MHA + FAN victory over the Legion

With the MHA in the The Unjust War = MHA and allies victory over GOONS (My targets were horribly inactive and it was quite boring)

With the MHA in the Wolfpack War = MHA and Q victory over Wolfpack, nothing amazing here

With the MHA in the War of the Coalition Coalition = MHA victory over NV and others, good times NV were honourable on the battlefield

With the MHA in the Karma War = MHA and allies victroy over IRON, another fun war fought 3 nations all armed with nukes never loved my SDI more

44. Your members wish for a new government, they don't like it and feel a different kind would be better. What do you do? Poll to see what kind of gov they are looking for and see how preavlent the opinion is.

45. What traits make a good alliance? Honourable, Open, Frank and Honoest

46. Current Government type? Republic

47. What are your alliance's ideals? Efficiency, Honour, Military Preparedness and Quality > Quantity. Unlike our paradoxians brothers we tend to take a more moral sided approach than thier pragmatism.

48. Did you support GGA's doctrine concerning the Green team, stating an alliance needs permission from the to form on GGA and no alliances other than GPA can vote for senate? If a senator from any other team has more than 20+ votes, they will be attacked. Nope and I never did.

49. Do you believe in moral police? No, but I belive people should be held accountable for what they do.

56. How many members must be in an alliance before you consider them an actual alliance? 1? 5? 10? 20? 30+? 2

60. Age range most of your members are? I don't know I would guess around the 18-21 mark but there some old guys who screw the average.

61. Where do most of your members live? the US

62. What crisis's have your alliance overcome? Internal members hemoraging (recently) and the old pacific out to kill us constant threat (past)

63. (#62) Did you become weaker or stronger because of them? Yes, the remining active core are a good group

64. What were some of the most important steps your alliance have made in its history? Allways standing up for what it's belived in and not caving in under pressure.

66. What are your alliance's plans internally for the future? More tech, warchests and military wonders

67. What are your alliance's plans externally for the future? our new Preator should answer this.

68. GPA wants a MDP, do you accept? lol no, not our kind of alliance even if they dropped neutrality

69. The Hydra Clan enter a war you do not agree with, you have a MADP with them. You are seriously against it and it is against your morals, though, if you do not comply, you can be seen as traitors. What do you do? A king may move a man but the soul belongs to the man. If the alliance went ahead with it I would leave. If we dident then well our real allies would know we were not traitors.

70. What is honor? How is an alliance honorable, what makes an alliance honorable, and what makes an alliance dishonorable in your opinion? Not following throught with traties or an alliance charter would make an alliance dishnourable as well as lyiing and sending out flase propaganda. The inverse of that makes and alliance hniurable and doing what is right.

71. A GOONS member flames you, and you respond back, publicly, with harsh words as well. Who is wrong? No one, it;s all just words i'd say i was justified in my resonse should he make a big thing of it.

73. What is more benefitial in the long run, diplomacy or war experience? War Experiance

75. Which alliances would you sign an MDP with if you had free choice? NpO

76. What makes a effective fighting alliance? Good Organisation

77. In a war against a much bigger opponent against who you could not win, would you use the alliance nukes to go down fighting (to take as many of them down with us as possible - FAN style) or disband the alliance? Go down fighting but with a big enought warchest you can't be defeated ;), we'd never disband like that.

78. Might makes right. True or false? False

79. About the Unjust War: which side do you think was in the right, if either, and are you happy with the result? I side with side I fought on, and I never likes goons.

80. Do you think that CN politics and diplomacy bear much of a similarity to diplomacy in real life? How are they similar or different, and why do you think this is? Does the diplomacy of CN more closely resemble that of any particular time period in human history, and would you change anything about the way it is generally conducted?

81. Does the majority of your alliance sell tech or buy tech? For what price? Buy, 100 for 3M. I belive we offer a premium for those who sell more than 500 tech (it might be +1000)

82. Does the majority of your alliance buy donations or sell tech? For what price? Buy, but I don't know what the current price is

83. What was the cause of the Unjust War? (note: not the actual casus belli but the wider interrelation)

84. Do you have any ideas about where the next major tension or war might be? Yes and said it earlier

85. What do you think the effect of an alliance sanction is? Is it a good thing or a bad thing for most alliances? Bad thing as it encorages ghosts, the only benifit is the In-Game flag

90. Would your alliance ever spy on an alliance if you felt threatened? (Not in-game spying) No

91. The Fookheads have a NAP with TheMenHuggers. You have a MADP with The Fookheads, who break their NAP and attack TheMenHuggers. What do you do? Side with the Fookheads

93. You send a member 15 Million Aid. 2 weeks later, the member leaves. Do you make the member pay 15 Million back? Or more? Pay back the 15M no more no less

94. Is there such thing as respectful freedom of speech over the CN forums? Yeah

95. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Non-government) If they are supported by the gov then yes

96. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Government) If they are supported by the alliance then yes

97. Quality or Quantity? Quality

98. The Fookheads, who you have a MADP with, are forced to cancel all treaties to avoid war with the ILovePooNuggets Alliance. The ILovePooNuggets alliance finds a questionable cassus belli, do you help your ally even though they were forced to cancel the treaty? Yes

99. Will alliances like NADC/WTF ever do anything? Are they isolationists? no and yes

100. Your member sends aid to Mangina, who is on NPO's ZI list. (Not really, theoretical situation), who they never announced. There was no way for your alliance to know Mangina was on the list. NPO then attacks your member's nation. How do you handle this situation? What if it leads to a potential war, what will you do? Defend the member regardless

Credit to Ejay for questions

Can a mod move this if it's in the incorrect forum.

*Shamshir gets back to work on the CN family tree

Edited by Shamshir

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will find out

Will find out

No

4. (Answer to #3) Why? It is dishonourable.

Purple is where our trades where at.

6. Are NAPs useless?

Yes, as are PIATs. I'd rather just have a statement of friendship. This is my personal view.

7. Do you believe in MADPs? (Meaning, why not just have MDoAPS just in case if you do not believe in the cause)

Will find out.

Why not?

new flag is coming

11. What small alliances do you feel will be major political players in the long run?

Guess.

Yes

Open Door with interview

I don't think so, will confirm.

Personal view: Will rise again, most likely.

17. Who are the alliances you are closest to who you do not have a treaty with? Wil find out.

18. Do you believe/support in NPO's Revenge Doctrine? No

19. Rate 1-5 (1 being lowest) for which how well your alliance has each of the following: Military, diplomacy, economical, internal organization, stability.

All around 4. Military maybe 3.5.

maturity, experience

Size

23. What alliances do typically the majority of your alliance descend from? Legion

25. Alliance A declare war on Alliance B. You have MADPs with both. Morally, you agree with Alliance A and feel they have a good enough reason for attacking alliance B, how do you go about handling this situation?

Will find out. Personally I'd go neutral, supporting only vocally.

26. Do you believe in Perma-ZI? Yes. Personal view.

27. An alliance called The Fookheads has a MADP with The Asgards. The Asgards decide to declare war on an alliance called Icantbelieveitsnotbutter alliance. Asgards reasoning for attacking is simply because they want dominant control over the silver senate, and they feel this is the only way possible. The Fookheads, whom have an MADP with The Asgards, feel the reasoning is both unethical and illogical, thus canceling their MADP. Are The Fookheads dishonorable for standing up for what they believe in and canceling the MADP?

30.1 ...Citadel?

30.2 ...Frostbite?

30.3 ...Superfriends?

None at all.

Only in matters of legality.

Yes. If the leadership is obviously leading the Alliance down a path of destruction.

36. I respectively tell you I dislike your alliance, I feel your leaders are disrespectful who feed on power and power only. I also state I feel the general membership has no respect and constantly flame. What would your response/actions be?

Not relevant to Quantum. I'd tell you to come visit us and see us for who we are.

Quantum hasn't been in any wars.

44. Your members wish for a new government, they don't like it and feel a different kind would be better. What do you do?

Organise an internal debate/resistance. I have form here.

Respect for law and the individual, good sense of respectful humour. Loyal to friends, furious in battle, glorious in peace.

5 man panel

The goal of Quantum is to provide for the prosperity and defense of its members and its allies with honor, maturity, honesty, initiative, and innovation.

48. Did you support GGA's doctrine concerning the Green team, stating an alliance needs permission from the to form on GGA and no alliances other than GPA can vote for senate? If a senator from any other team has more than 20+ votes, they will be attacked.

No. Personal view

No. Personal view.

Protectorate with UPN. PIATs with PoF and Olympus, MoDP with The Legion.

Unlikely, but who knows?

56. How many members must be in an alliance before you consider them an actual alliance? 1? 5? 10? 20? 30+?

Personal view. 5.

Will find out.

Will find out.

None yet. And it's 'crises'.

N/A

64. What were some of the most important steps your alliance have made in its history?

None yet. We are young.

I'll see if the leadership want to answer this.

See above.

Personal view. I have no problem with talking about i.

69. The Hydra Clan enter a war you do not agree with, you have a MADP with them. You are seriously against it and it is against your morals, though, if you do not comply, you can be seen as traitors. What do you do?

Personal view: Go to war, get peace as quickly as possible.

70. What is honor? How is an alliance honorable, what makes an alliance honorable, and what makes an alliance dishonorable in your opinion?

Obedience to treaties. Fighting fair in war. Not using its power to bully the small or the weak. Being a force for good in the world.

71. A GOONS member flames you, and you respond back, publicly, with harsh words as well. Who is wrong?

Depends on the circumstances, but usually both.

Diplomacy. Personal view.

Personal View: NPO, NpO

Obedience, experience, determination, nukes.

77. In a war against a much bigger opponent against who you could not win, would you use the alliance nukes to go down fighting (to take as many of them down with us as possible - FAN style) or disband the alliance?

Personal view; Nuke until they talk. To disband is to lose.

Patently false.

79. About the Unjust War: which side do you think was in the right, if either, and are you happy with the result?

NPO and Allies were right. I was happy with the result.

Diplomacy is different because there is no real consequence for action. You get beat down, you get up again. All you lose is time and maybe a little reputation.

Sell. 3m/100t

82. Does the majority of your alliance buy donations or sell tech? For what price?

Will find out.

Bad pets needed to be put down.

Nope.

85. What do you think the effect of an alliance sanction is? Is it a good thing or a bad thing for most alliances?

It is a growth booster. Mostly a good thing, I would say. Though it paints a target on your back.

90. Would your alliance ever spy on an alliance if you felt threatened? (Not in-game spying)

Not a clue. Probably not.

91. The Fookheads have a NAP with TheMenHuggers. You have a MADP with The Fookheads, who break their NAP and attack TheMenHuggers. What do you do?

Would need to know more details.

93. You send a member 15 Million Aid. 2 weeks later, the member leaves. Do you make the member pay 15 Million back? Or more?

Just what he owes, one way or another.

Not really. Too many ITGs.

95. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Non-government)

No.

96. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Government)

Yes.

97. Quality or Quantity?

Quality. Learned that the hard way.

98. The Fookheads, who you have a MADP with, are forced to cancel all treaties to avoid war with the ILovePooNuggets Alliance. The ILovePooNuggets alliance finds a questionable cassus belli, do you help your ally even though they were forced to cancel the treaty?

Yes. Justice over pen and paper.

That's their business.

100. Your member sends aid to Mangina, who is on NPO's ZI list. (Not really, theoretical situation), who they never announced. There was no way for your alliance to know Mangina was on the list. NPO then attacks your member's nation. How do you handle this situation? What if it leads to a potential war, what will you do?

Talk then fight. Like civilized men and then barbarians.

I get alot of "TKTB who?" So lets hope this sheds some light on that :)

1. Offensive Nuclear Policy? TKTB reserves the right to nuke first in the course of an alliance wide war.

2. Defensive Nuclear Policy? The act of spying away a nuclear missile from us will be considered a first strike.

3. Does your alliance endorse tech raiding? No

4. (Answer to #3) Why? I find it similar to bullying.

5. Why did your alliance choose your color? The atmosphere.

6. Are NAPs useless? Yes

7. Do you believe in MADPs? (Meaning, why not just have MDoAPS just in case if you do not believe in the cause) I would never sign away the right to say no to an offensive war.

8. Do you believe in the use of sanctioning during war? No

9. Can you provide me a link to your flag? I can. http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/821/turtleflag.png

11. What small alliances do you feel will be major political players in the long run? Clearly us :rolleyes:

12. Do you consider TDO neutral? I suppose so

14. Current recruitment? (Open-door? Applicant interviews? Invite-only?) Open-Door

15. Does your alliance believe in preemptive strikes? It would depend on the situation.

16. Current view concerning NPO? They paid/are paying their dues. Leave them be.

17. Who are the alliances you are closest to who you do not have a treaty with? I wouldn't say we are extremely close to any alliance besides our protectors at the moment.

18. Do you believe/support in NPO's Revenge Doctrine? I did.

19. Rate 1-5 (1 being lowest) for which how well your alliance has each of the following: Military, diplomacy, economical, internal organization, stability. 4,4,4,4,5 Being a relativity new alliance its hard to place a correct number

21. What are your alliance's strengths? Tight-knit group of friends

22. What are your alliance's weaknesses? Again being so new its hard to tell what we are lacking in.

23. What alliances do typically the majority of your alliance descend from? TSI

25. Alliance A declare war on Alliance B. You have MADPs with both. Morally, you agree with Alliance A and feel they have a good enough reason for attacking alliance B, how do you go about handling this situation? You can't uphold both treaties. Stay neutral and downgrade both to MDoAPs after the war.

26. Do you believe in Perma-ZI? No

27. An alliance called The Fookheads has a MADP with The Asgards. The Asgards decide to declare war on an alliance called Icantbelieveitsnotbutter alliance. Asgards reasoning for attacking is simply because they want dominant control over the silver senate, and they feel this is the only way possible. The Fookheads, whom have an MADP with The Asgards, feel the reasoning is both unethical and illogical, thus canceling their MADP. Are The Fookheads dishonorable for standing up for what they believe in and canceling the MADP? Not for canceling but they have an obligation to help their (ex) allies in the current war per the treaty.

30.1 ...Citadel? I don't know many of you.

30.2 ...Frostbite? Sexy

30.3 ...Superfriends? I'm half and half.

30.4 ...Complaints and Greviances? Ugh some of you ruin it for the whole bloc.

30.5 ...Common Defense Treaty? Honestly I don't think of CDT when power blocs come to mind..

33. Do you ever censor your members? I only ask that they be respectful at all times.

34. Are coups ever justifiable? Situational, so yes.

36. I respectively tell you I dislike your alliance, I feel your leaders are disrespectful who feed on power and power only. I also state I feel the general membership has no respect and constantly flame. What would your response/actions be? I would respect your position but tell you that I know myself and my members and we wouldn't act in that manner.

38. State the results of any wars you have been in. WoTC DefCon fought some C&G alliances and STA IIRC. Won on both fronts. Karma TSI fought PC&Co we lost.

44. Your members wish for a new government, they don't like it and feel a different kind would be better. What do you do? It depends on if the current government is working or not

45. What traits make a good alliance? Active membership, Competent gov, Good Allies

46. Current Government type? Emperor styled

47. What are your alliance's ideals? Freedom, Justice, Happiness and Peace are a few.

48. Did you support GGA's doctrine concerning the Green team, stating an alliance needs permission from the to form on GGA and no alliances other than GPA can vote for senate? If a senator from any other team has more than 20+ votes, they will be attacked. Heh. No.

49. Do you believe in moral police? Meh not really.

50. What treaties do you have? It's a Cold Day in Shell - TKTB/NpO Protectorate

55. Do you feel you will ever be sanctioned? Not really

56. How many members must be in an alliance before you consider them an actual alliance? 1? 5? 10? 20? 30+? 1

60. Age range most of your members are? 17-20 and a few around 30ish IIRC

61. Where do most of your members live? USA and Australia

62. What crisis's have your alliance overcome? We haven't had any yet

63. (#62) Did you become weaker or stronger because of them? N/A

64. What were some of the most important steps your alliance have made in its history? Founding.

66. What are your alliance's plans internally for the future? Those are alliance plans not public plans.

67. What are your alliance's plans externally for the future? Those are alliance plans not public plans.

68. GPA wants a MDP, do you accept? No

69. The Hydra Clan enter a war you do not agree with, you have a MADP with them. You are seriously against it and it is against your morals, though, if you do not comply, you can be seen as traitors. What do you do? Part of signing a MDAP is signing away your freedom of will. The alliance MUST enter the war.

70. What is honor? How is an alliance honorable, what makes an alliance honorable, and what makes an alliance dishonorable in your opinion? Honor to me (atleast in a IC sense) is staying true to your obligations and friends. The other questions can be answered from that.

71. A GOONS member flames you, and you respond back, publicly, with harsh words as well. Who is wrong? Both of us are equally wrong.

73. What is more beneficial in the long run, diplomacy or war experience? Diplomacy

75. Which alliances would you sign an MDP with if you had free choice? I would bring back SSSW18 and sign with them <3

76. What makes a effective fighting alliance? Competent members with nukes and money.

77. In a war against a much bigger opponent against who you could not win, would you use the alliance nukes to go down fighting (to take as many of them down with us as possible - FAN style) or disband the alliance? We're in it to win it. I'll refer to the quote in my Nation Bio: "Even if destiny calls for our destruction, don't stop fighting."

78. Might makes right. True or false? Sadly on planet bob it does.

79. About the Unjust War: which side do you think was in the right, if either, and are you happy with the result? Before my time

80. Do you think that CN politics and diplomacy bear much of a similarity to diplomacy in real life? How are they similar or different, and why do you think this is? Does the diplomacy of CN more closely resemble that of any particular time period in human history, and would you change anything about the way it is generally conducted? I would think CN politics are akin to baby Neanderthals fighting over a stick.

81. Does the majority of your alliance sell tech or buy tech? For what price? We buy, 3m/100

82. Does the majority of your alliance buy donations or sell tech? For what price? Tech 3m/100

83. What was the cause of the Unjust War? (note: not the actual casus belli but the wider interrelation) Before my time

84. Do you have any ideas about where the next major tension or war might be? I have a few ideas...

85. What do you think the effect of an alliance sanction is? Is it a good thing or a bad thing for most alliances? Recognition and Ghosts. For most alliances its good. For alliances like TOP is bad.

90. Would your alliance ever spy on an alliance if you felt threatened? (Not in-game spying) No

91. The Fookheads have a NAP with TheMenHuggers. You have a MADP with The Fookheads, who break their NAP and attack TheMenHuggers. What do you do? We would be obliged to enter the war.

93. You send a member 15 Million Aid. 2 weeks later, the member leaves. Do you make the member pay 15 Million back? Or more? I would expect every penny back in either cash or tech.

94. Is there such thing as respectful freedom of speech over the CN forums? Yes

95. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Non-government) No

96. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Government) Yes

98. The Fookheads, who you have a MADP with, are forced to cancel all treaties to avoid war with the ILovePooNuggets Alliance. The ILovePooNuggets alliance finds a questionable cassus belli, do you help your ally even though they were forced to cancel the treaty? Yes

99. Will alliances like NADC/WTF ever do anything? Are they isolationists? They are doing something by existing. Yes they are isolationists.

100. Your member sends aid to Mangina, who is on NPO's ZI list. (Not really, theoretical situation), who they never announced. There was no way for your alliance to know Mangina was on the list. NPO then attacks your member's nation. How do you handle this situation? What if it leads to a potential war, what will you do? We can't know who is on their ZI list so we are not in the wrong. We defend our nations to our last breath.

Edit: Forgot to answer one question.

Edited by James Maximus

I'll start this with pointing out I'm a Minister, not a triumvir, so as much as I'd like them to be my answers aren't necessarily Nemesis policy <_<

1. Offensive Nuclear Policy? If it's tactically beneficial for us we'll most likely go nuclear. Chances are as a small alliance it's going to end up being to our benefit if the war goes nuclear.

2. Defensive Nuclear Policy? If you chuck nukes at us you're going to get them back, if you don't then see above.

3. Does your alliance endorse tech raiding? Yes.

4. (Answer to #3) Why? I don't care what detractors say. If I have to choose a nation to go to war alongside me from two identical nations, one of whom has constantly tech raided, and the other has never been in a war I know which I'm choosing. It's a cheaper way to obtain land, and tech, in the long run. Each raid has to be approved by either the Minister of War or a Triumvirate so there's little chance of an approved raid going wrong.

5. Why did your alliance choose your color? I wasn't involved in that decision, I'd guess it's down to the trading opportunities here. I'd choose a different colour if I was starting an alliance now, most likely Aqua.

6. Are NAPs useless? No, not if they are honoured. Problem being that they are most useful in situations where they are least likely to be honoured. I wouldn't hesitate to sign one if I felt it was beneficial and that both alliances would hold to it.

7. Do you believe in MADPs? (Meaning, why not just have MDoAPS just in case if you do not believe in the cause) No, not at all. Nemesis has never signed an MADP.

8. Do you believe in the use of sanctioning during war? Sure. What's the point in senators otherwise? It would get messy, but at the end of the day The Cyberverse would adapt to the new threats and it would add a new layer of intrigue to wars. First strike sanctioning instead of first strike nuking being a hot issue, and promoting team stability too.

9. Can you provide me a link to your flag? I'd rather not. Stupid Trekkies. Since you asked nicely though - http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/cybernat.../22/Nemesis.jpg

11. What small alliances do you feel will be major political players in the long run? None by their own rights, it will always be the treaty connections that are going to cause any major political issues. Nemesis has a tight circle of friends that would go to bat for us and the knock on effect would be quite large given our size. I don't keep up with many other small alliances.

12. Do you consider TDO neutral? No idea, as far as I'm aware they don't ever do anything. Cancellations of their declaration of neutrality suggest other alliances don't think they are though.

14. Current recruitment? (Open-door? Applicant interviews? Invite-only?) It's open door. We have no restsrictions on nation size, or a ruler's past or anything. There is the small matter of a 72 hour Q&A session that will determine whether we let you in or not so it's not really as open door as it sounds. Anyone is free to apply, most won't become a member.

15. Does your alliance believe in preemptive strikes? I don't think so, I can't see a true benefit to it over being fully prepared for the defensive.

16. Current view concerning NPO? Not had the chance to show their change or lack thereof. Ask me again in 7 or so months.

17. Who are the alliances you are closest to who you do not have a treaty with? I'm not sure really, I know for me personally it's Silence, but Nemesis as a whole I don't really know. There's a whole lot of diverse opinions in Nemesis.

18. Do you believe/support in NPO's Revenge Doctrine? Not a bad idea per se, not something I'd enact myself though, even if I had the power to.

19. Rate 1-5 (1 being lowest) for which how well your alliance has each of the following: Military, diplomacy, economical, internal organization, stability. Military: 3 - Nobody's perfect, and we're not at the level of the top alliances. Got a nice percentage of nuclear capable nations, a decent average NS, and our low down nations have shown some good potential in dealing with rogue/ghost issues. Diplomacy: 4 - We're treatied to our friends who we trust, and they trust us. I don't want much more than that. Economical: 3 - Suppose with most alliances the most active of our members are pretty good economically, those less active ones are not so much, through nobodys fault but their own. Internal Organisation/Stability: 3.5

21. What are your alliance's strengths? Activity levels for sure. The level of community within the alliance means every member will die the another.

22. What are your alliance's weaknesses? Member numbers is the obvious one, I wouldn't sacrifice our strengths to counter this weakness though.

23. What alliances do typically the majority of your alliance descend from? All over the place, our last 3 new members all came from LoSS though by strange coincidence.

25. Alliance A declare war on Alliance B. You have MADPs with both. Morally, you agree with Alliance A and feel they have a good enough reason for attacking alliance B, how do you go about handling this situation? It has to be neutrality, alliances make mistakes all the time and in the case of alliance B, to just ditch them after one such mistake would be harsh. If it was malicious planning by alliance B I'd imagine a swift cancellation would be incoming. Deliberately placing an ally in such a position shows no respect for the treaty you hold.

26. Do you believe in Perma-ZI? No, unless a nation at ZI continues to commit offences, they should be released at ZI.

27. An alliance called The Fookheads has a MADP with The Asgards. The Asgards decide to declare war on an alliance called Icantbelieveitsnotbutter alliance. Asgards reasoning for attacking is simply because they want dominant control over the silver senate, and they feel this is the only way possible. The Fookheads, whom have an MADP with The Asgards, feel the reasoning is both unethical and illogical, thus canceling their MADP. Are The Fookheads dishonorable for standing up for what they believe in and canceling the MADP? Cancel the MADP all you want, but unless you honour that cancellation period then for me it's dishonourable.

30.1 ...Citadel? I like some alliances, I dislike others. Overall a meh.

30.2 ...Frostbite? Yeah, pretty cool, my second favourite of all the blocs.

30.3 ...Superfriends? Fark are B) RIA amuse me, others are sort of meh.

30.4 ...Complaints and Greviances? Yeah, easily the favourite bloc of mine.

30.5 ...Common Defense Treaty? sorry.gif

33. Do you ever censor your members? No, although members have been told that they're acting less than responsibly with the free reign they have been given, we don't tell our members not to post or what to post.

34. Are coups ever justifiable? Yeah, no doubt.

36. I respectively tell you I dislike your alliance, I feel your leaders are disrespectful who feed on power and power only. I also state I feel the general membership has no respect and constantly flame. What would your response/actions be? Chances are I'd respectfully tell you I disagree and leave you on your merry way.

38. State the results of any wars you have been in. As Nemesis? Fought against BAPS, AB and Legion in the Karma war and they were all victories. In OTF Alliance I fought against Superfriends in the War of the Coalition and lost, comprehensively, and against The Cartel and sort of won, but we agreed a white peace before we were sent reparations by personal choice of individual members. Fought a few in TPF that I either don't remember or am not proud of before I actually got involved in anything outside of my nation/alliance.

44. Your members wish for a new government, they don't like it and feel a different kind would be better. What do you do? Depends if by a new government they meant a new member, or a new system. Either way both things would be expected to be brought up respectfully and constructively to the alliance so it can be discussed and eventually decided on.

45. What traits make a good alliance? Activity, loyalty, community and bravery.

46. Current Government type? Triumvirate system with selected ministers and elected deputies.

47. What are your alliance's ideals? It's focussed around activity internally. Externally I suppose we've taken a stand against certain issues like disbanding an alliance or nations being unjustly ZI'd.

48. Did you support GGA's doctrine concerning the Green team, stating an alliance needs permission from the to form on GGA and no alliances other than GPA can vote for senate? If a senator from any other team has more than 20+ votes, they will be attacked. No.

49. Do you believe in moral police? No, I believe in standing up for your morals as an alliance and an individual though.

50. What treaties do you have? MDoAP with Vanguard, IAA, LoSS and SLCB. OADP with CoJ.

55. Do you feel you will ever be sanctioned? No, it's not an aim.

56. How many members must be in an alliance before you consider them an actual alliance? 1? 5? 10? 20? 30+? 2. You only need two nations to form an alliance between the two of you. That doesn't mean I don't believe in tech raiding these alliances.

60. Age range most of your members are? Seems like we got a nice bell curve around 19-24 with an outlier or two (Grandpa Kat)

61. Where do most of your members live? The USA. Recent influx of Brits though which needs to continue.

62. What crisis's have your alliance overcome? The biggest one would be the unexpected bringing of something we were attempting to solve public via the OWF. It wasn't a bad thing that it was taken public, I'm all for more public drama, but we weren't expecting it to be and it caught us by surprise so to speak.

63. (#62) Did you become weaker or stronger because of them? Stronger, no doubt. A lot of judging was done by people without the full facts of the situation, as is always the case. We continued to attempt resolutions in private whilst defending our position in public and the alliance we were working with said they felt we were good to deal with even if they disagreed with our position. It's something we've learnt from, and have already put those lessons into practice internally.

64. What were some of the most important steps your alliance have made in its history? Moving to openly recruiting. It was hotly debated internally as we didn't want to sacrifice any of our activity or community. In the end the 72 hour Q&A has retained that.

66. What are your alliance's plans internally for the future? Keep on keeping on. We're having fun, we all get along. No need for any change, just keep on going as we are.

67. What are your alliance's plans externally for the future? Nothing in particular, making and maintaining friendships is the order of the day.

68. GPA wants a MDP, do you accept? No. Barely know GPA at all as an alliance.

69. The Hydra Clan enter a war you do not agree with, you have a MADP with them. You are seriously against it and it is against your morals, though, if you do not comply, you can be seen as traitors. What do you do? I take it they've discussed things with us prior rather than just jumping into a war. I'd expect the MADP wouldn't much outlast the war, but I don't think we'd go against the treaty. It's quite hard to answer these hypotheticals when you know you have no intentions of ever holding an MADP.

70. What is honor? How is an alliance honorable, what makes an alliance honorable, and what makes an alliance dishonorable in your opinion? The upholding of treaties in no win situations is honourable, the cancellation of treaties in the same situation is dishonourable. That's the most obvious answer, there are endless subtlties and smaller issues though.

71. A GOONS member flames you, and you respond back, publicly, with harsh words as well. Who is wrong? Neither or both of you depending on the situation. Can't be one and not the other.

73. What is more beneficial in the long run, diplomacy or war experience? Depends what your aims are. If you want to build in peace than diplomacy, in most other situations I'd see war experience as the most beneficial.

75. Which alliances would you sign an MDP with if you had free choice? Outside of the ones we already have? Again it's a personal preference, but STA, MK and Silence.

76. What makes a effective fighting alliance? Experience, activity and bravery. Also some modicum of intelligence helps.

77. In a war against a much bigger opponent against who you could not win, would you use the alliance nukes to go down fighting (to take as many of them down with us as possible - FAN style) or disband the alliance? Nukes please.

78. Might makes right. True or false? False. What can you do about it though? Might means you can get away with doing things that aren't right.

79. About the Unjust War: which side do you think was in the right, if either, and are you happy with the result? The result seems to be the loss of some quality alliances. The Cyberverse wouldn't look like it was now if the result was different, so I'd have to say I'm happy with how it's worked out.

81. Does the majority of your alliance sell tech or buy tech? For what price? We mostly buy, $3mil for 100.

82. Does the majority of your alliance buy donations or sell tech? For what price? There's not been any discussion of donations to be honest, I personally gave up on them after Karma. Used to sell for 750 tech though when I had 5 slots.

84. Do you have any ideas about where the next major tension or war might be? Not a clue ;)

85. What do you think the effect of an alliance sanction is? Is it a good thing or a bad thing for most alliances? Can see the benefit for alliances like TDO/Sparta/MHA with huge membership numbers. It's an attraction to a new nation being able to choose an alliance from a drop down list rather than type a new one in. Ghosts are irritating though.

90. Would your alliance ever spy on an alliance if you felt threatened? (Not in-game spying) Doubt it

91. The Fookheads have a NAP with TheMenHuggers. You have a MADP with The Fookheads, who break their NAP and attack TheMenHuggers. What do you do? Again, honour the treaty, but it's a difficult hypothetical as stated before.

93. You send a member 15 Million Aid. 2 weeks later, the member leaves. Do you make the member pay 15 Million back? Or more? At least the $15mil. If it's shown that their plan all along was to take aid and then leave, the situation would be discussed as it's clearly more serious.

95. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Non-government) Depends if the entire alliance decides to support that one member's actions

96. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Government) See above. Most times, yes.

98. The Fookheads, who you have a MADP with, are forced to cancel all treaties to avoid war with the ILovePooNuggets Alliance. The ILovePooNuggets alliance finds a questionable cassus belli, do you help your ally even though they were forced to cancel the treaty? Sure. Seems to me like the treaty was cancelled under the proviso that war wouldn't occur. If it does anyway why was the treaty cancelled in the first place?

99. Will alliances like NADC/WTF ever do anything? Are they isolationists? Doubt it, quite dull isn't it?

100. Your member sends aid to Mangina, who is on NPO's ZI list. (Not really, theoretical situation), who they never announced. There was no way for your alliance to know Mangina was on the list. NPO then attacks your member's nation. How do you handle this situation? What if it leads to a potential war, what will you do? Defend the member to the hilt. If there was truly no way to know then there's no way they should be attacking over it, it's a simple mistake.

Edit: Italics for the questions was a terrible idea, sorry people.

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

missed a bit

30.2 ...Frostbite? Have an Alliance I like, one i'm indefferent to and one i'm not so fond of. Overall opinion = 6

30.3 ...Superfriends? I only know FARK from this group but as a bloc they have lasted and would stick together so i give them props for that

30.4 ...Complaints and Grievances? If i was not in the Gre/MHA i would be in a CnG alliance. They are what i expect from a bloc. Downside is they seem dominated by MK.

30.5 ...Common Defense Treaty? This is still around?

@ Hymenbreach: Your in an alliance that does not tech raid, why do you not belive/support the revenge doctrine. As if you allince has a no raiding ethos surley stopping raids would be a good thing?

Sell. 3m/100t

Sent you a PM ;)

97. Quality or Quantity?

Quality. Learned that the hard way.

Pray do tell.

Holy mother of God. *mouth gapes* That's a nice little quiz you got there. I'll see if I can get around to answering it.

This is just the first 100

Reminds me of joining Umbrella :x

Our recent Invasion of your forums gave me this idea

The world should know how badly were kick your arses LJ:

beachhead.jpg

My answers as an individual

1. Offensive Nuclear Policy? When it's usefull to drop nukes, you shouldn't hold back. It could however be a good strategy to keep a war nuke free.

2. Defensive Nuclear Policy? Same as offensive, only there are fewer reasons to keep your nukes in their silo's.

3. Does your alliance endorse tech raiding? yes

4. (Answer to #3) Why? Compromises

5. Why did your alliance choose your color? Dutch = orange

6. Are NAPs useless? No, I believe that what you write down/ promises you make are cast in stone.

7. Do you believe in MADPs? (Meaning, why not just have MDoAPS just in case if you do not believe in the cause) MDAP's are not smart.

8. Do you believe in the use of sanctioning during war? No

9. Can you provide me a link to your flag? Yes, Custom 53 http://www.cybernations.net/images/flags/Custom53.png

11. What small alliances do you feel will be major political players in the long run? There are so much of those small alliances, all that I could seriously name already are between 1.5M and 2 M NS. Kronos, Ronin, iFOK.

12. Do you consider TDO neutral? Yes, however that doesn't make them invulnerable for attack.

14. Current recruitment? (Open-door? Applicant interviews? Invite-only?) Open door for serious candidates.

15. Does your alliance believe in preemptive strikes? -

16. Current view concerning NPO? Never had a dislike for NPO, they still have a mysterious aura around them.

17. Who are the alliances you are closest to who you do not have a treaty with? -

18. Do you believe/support in NPO's Revenge Doctrine? IC: No, as a Roleplay thing it was however quite Cool.

19. Rate 1-5 (1 being lowest) for which how well your alliance has each of the following: Military, diplomacy, economical, internal organization, stability. 4,5,3,3,5

21. What are your alliance's strengths? Activity, Open policy discussions

22. What are your alliance's weaknesses? Discussions, not enough training of newbies.

23. What alliances do typically the majority of your alliance descend from? FOK is there birthplace.

25. Alliance A declare war on Alliance B. You have MADPs with both. Morally, you agree with Alliance A and feel they have a good enough reason for attacking alliance B, how do you go about handling this situation? Make sure they get peace with eachother, the reason behind a war is not important.

26. Do you believe in Perma-ZI? Yes, if a player is a continuous danger to your alliance's security Perma-ZI is a good idea. E-ZI is also acceptable if they player only superficially rerolles and starts messing with your alliance again.

27. An alliance called The Fookheads has a MADP with The Asgards. The Asgards decide to declare war on an alliance called Icantbelieveitsnotbutter alliance. Asgards reasoning for attacking is simply because they want dominant control over the silver senate, and they feel this is the only way possible. The Fookheads, whom have an MADP with The Asgards, feel the reasoning is both unethical and illogical, thus canceling their MADP. Are The Fookheads dishonorable for standing up for what they believe in and canceling the MADP? They shouldn't have signed the MADP in the first place.

30.1 ...Citadel? Cool bunch, have to look out that their Ivory tower doesn't get to high, else if someone is aiming it's difficult to miss them.

30.2 ...Frostbite? Although I like a lot of Frostbite, Individual and alliance. I Think it's good that there is again a clear side of the treatyweb with them.

30.3 ...Superfriends? Karma, wouldn't have started without this bloc.

30.4 ...Complaints and Greviances? I like some alliances

30.5 ...Common Defense Treaty? No, idea

33. Do you ever censor your members? No, I however sometimes think some members shouldn't be allowed to post. Mostly because of dumb trolling.

34. Are coups ever justifiable? Yes, inactivity of government is bad.

36. I respectively tell you I dislike your alliance, I feel your leaders are disrespectful who feed on power and power only. I also state I feel the general membership has no respect and constantly flame. What would your response/actions be? Everybody has an opinion, I just start plotting to get your head :P

38. State the results of any wars you have been in. Personally, DDM (Micro), NoV, woodstock massacre (GPA), WotC (NpO), Karma(NPO)

44. Your members wish for a new government, they don't like it and feel a different kind would be better. What do you do? I would lure our current President Harry away with a dish of Shoarma and take the Presidency.

45. What traits make a good alliance? Active membership

46. Current Government type? I call it a democracy, others can call it a republic

47. What are your alliance's ideals? Have fun.

48. Did you support GGA's doctrine concerning the Green team, stating an alliance needs permission from the to form on GGA and no alliances other than GPA can vote for senate? If a senator from any other team has more than 20+ votes, they will be attacked. No, iFOK.

49. Do you believe in moral police? Whatever floats your boat.

50. What treaties do you have? Piat: ODN MDoAP: LEO(INT, RnR), TOP, Gremlins, Argent, Umbrella, TGE, FARK, PC, MK, Guru Order, iFOK

55. Do you feel you will ever be sanctioned? No, how could an alliance only consisting of dutch speaking players ever get sanctioned.

56. How many members must be in an alliance before you consider them an actual alliance? 1? 5? 10? 20? 30+? 10, 5 players could be a group, but not an alliance with potential for the future.

60. Age range most of your members are? Relatively high, average above 20.

61. Where do most of your members live? Netherlands

62. What crisis's have your alliance overcome? The word crisis is maybe to serious, but we've quite often had arguments after which someone left the alliance.

63. (#62) Did you become weaker or stronger because of them? They always come back, I can't really name something.

64. What were some of the most important steps your alliance have made in its history? Founding, Signing MDP TOP and GOONS, Fighting UJW, Signing Q, Leaving Q, fighting Karma.

66. What are your alliance's plans internally for the future? Activity, recruiting.

67. What are your alliance's plans externally for the future? Ask Tromp

68. GPA wants a MDP, do you accept? I would be against it, we already have enough of those. Connect them to an ally.

69. The Hydra Clan enter a war you do not agree with, you have a MADP with them. You are seriously against it and it is against your morals, though, if you do not comply, you can be seen as traitors. What do you do? MADP = MADP.

70. What is honor? How is an alliance honorable, what makes an alliance honorable, and what makes an alliance dishonorable in your opinion? -

71. A GOONS member flames you, and you respond back, publicly, with harsh words as well. Who is wrong? Both.

73. What is more beneficial in the long run, diplomacy or war experience? Diplomacy

75. Which alliances would you sign an MDP with if you had free choice? MK, TOP, STA, RIA.

76. What makes a effective fighting alliance? Preparation.

77. In a war against a much bigger opponent against who you could not win, would you use the alliance nukes to go down fighting (to take as many of them down with us as possible - FAN style) or disband the alliance? Fighting, I don't think I'll stay as long fighting as FAN did.

78. Might makes right. True or false? True, only look out the other side doesn't win to much sympathy and gets more might.

79. About the Unjust War: which side do you think was in the right, if either, and are you happy with the result? Wasn't around back then.

80. Do you think that CN politics and diplomacy bear much of a similarity to diplomacy in real life? How are they similar or different, and why do you think this is? Does the diplomacy of CN more closely resemble that of any particular time period in human history, and would you change anything about the way it is generally conducted? No more night time meetings, Personally I would wish small talk was less important.

81. Does the majority of your alliance sell tech or buy tech? For what price? buy 3M-100 or 3M-50T

82. Does the majority of your alliance buy donations or sell tech? For what price? I don't know.

83. What was the cause of the Unjust War? (note: not the actual casus belli but the wider interrelation) The unjust path got bored.

84. Do you have any ideas about where the next major tension or war might be? Citadel against FB and C&G, SF will be a wild card. Losers of Karma (NPO) also wild cards.

85. What do you think the effect of an alliance sanction is? Is it a good thing or a bad thing for most alliances? I'm proud of our Sanction/ flag, for the rest it's irrelevant.

90. Would your alliance ever spy on an alliance if you felt threatened? (Not in-game spying) I find spying truly low and a lot of spying is quite useless as a good diplomat can also uncover most things without infiltrating.

91. The Fookheads have a NAP with TheMenHuggers. You have a MADP with The Fookheads, who break their NAP and attack TheMenHuggers. What do you do? Don't sign an MDAP if you don't blindly follow them.

93. You send a member 15 Million Aid. 2 weeks later, the member leaves. Do you make the member pay 15 Million back? Or more? 15 M has to return.

94. Is there such thing as respectful freedom of speech over the CN forums? yes.

95. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Non-government) if the government handles it adequately: No

96. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Government) YES

98. The Fookheads, who you have a MADP with, are forced to cancel all treaties to avoid war with the ILovePooNuggets Alliance. The ILovePooNuggets alliance finds a questionable cassus belli, do you help your ally even though they were forced to cancel the treaty? Not sure.

99. Will alliances like NADC/WTF ever do anything? Are they isolationists? I don't care

100. Your member sends aid to Mangina, who is on NPO's ZI list. (Not really, theoretical situation), who they never announced. There was no way for your alliance to know Mangina was on the list. NPO then attacks your member's nation. How do you handle this situation? What if it leads to a potential war, what will you do? Go to NPO and talk to them, if they attack without our permission it's an attack on my alliance.

1. Offensive Nuclear Policy? None really, we only nuke in defense

2. Defensive Nuclear Policy? You nuke us, we nuke back

3. Does your alliance endorse tech raiding? Yes

4. (Answer to #3) Why? Why not?

5. Why did your alliance choose your color? Because red was closed to alliances before the Karma War and we wanted to be trailblazers on red.

6. Are NAPs useless? Not really

7. Do you believe in MADPs? (Meaning, why not just have MDoAPS just in case if you do not believe in the cause) Yes, if you have a MADP that means you are so tight, you could almost be 1 alliance.

8. Do you believe in the use of sanctioning during war? No, thats a cheap shot

9. Can you provide me a link to your flag? Yes :P

11. What small alliances do you feel will be major political players in the long run? UED :D

12. Do you consider TDO neutral? Sure

14. Current recruitment? (Open-door? Applicant interviews? Invite-only?) Open-door/interview

15. Does your alliance believe in preemptive strikes? No

16. Current view concerning NPO? Heh, we'd rather stay out of their way TBH.

17. Who are the alliances you are closest to who you do not have a treaty with? none really

18. Do you believe/support in NPO's Revenge Doctrine? No

Mil: 3

Diplomacy: 3

Econ: 2

Internal: 3

Stability: 4

21. What are your alliance's strengths? A dedicated leader (me), participating members

22. What are your alliance's weaknesses? No real gov

23. What alliances do typically the majority of your alliance descend from? Me? All over CN (12+ alliances), most other members are new to CN

Work to get peace in the war.

26. Do you believe in Perma-ZI? No

No

30.1 ...Citadel? Slow and stupid lol

30.2 ...Frostbite? No opinion, dont know them that well

30.3 ...Superfriends? No opinion, dont know them that well

30.4 ...Complaints and Greviances? Spirit of 07

30.5 ...Common Defense Treaty? No opinion, dont know them that well

33. Do you ever censor your members? No

34. Are coups ever justifiable? Yes, but depends on the situation

Ok, Ill see what I can do to change that.

38. State the results of any wars you have been in. Reps, apologies and peace for us.

Elections

Theme, membership, activity, stability, good internal affairs, good goals

Benevolent Dictatorship with ministers

47. What are your alliance's ideals? Not too sure what you mean by this

No

Yes

PIAT with UBD, Solidarity treaty with SWF and SU. ODP with Bushido

55. Do you feel you will ever be sanctioned? Yes

10+

60. Age range most of your members are? Havent asked

61. Where do most of your members live? USA

62. What crisis's have your alliance overcome? Oh good god, lets see:

Ragnarok's cancellation, Loss of all gov, Solidarity treaty blow back, wF War

Stronger

Growth, Red Solidarity treaty, elections on going for new gov

Sikrits :P

Sikrits :P

lol? They are neutral so No

Work to achieve peace in the war.

This is a game, there is no honor

Both of us for being harsh.

A balance between both

RIA, MK, Athens (I dunno :P)

Well trained and active members

Try to get peace but if that fails, go down fighting

False

Neither, it was an Unjust War, no I am not happy because great alliances died off. There are things UJP should not have done and there are things ~ should not have done.

Kinda but it is more laid back here.

Sell, standard (100 for 3 mil)

Sell tech (100 for 3 mil)

UJP made some mistakes (memory is crusty so I cant say exactly)

TOP vs CN ( :awesome: )

sanction as in??

NO! D:

Try and get peace in the war, the war is unjust and should not have happened.

No, they dont owe us anything.

???

No

Depends, if peace can be achieved then that is better

97. Quality or Quantity?

Quantity till you can find Quality in that Quality.

Yes because if you are tight enough to sign a MADP then you dont really need paper.

No they wont, and yes they are

I will try diplomacy and get it settled through private channels ftw! If it leads to war, we will fight back of course.

No nuking until the opponent nukes.

Nukes ahoy!

No

4. (Answer to #3) Why?

Too much possibility for trouble

Thematic choice. Our flag has green and blue in it, so we choose our colors as green and blue.

6. Are NAPs useless?

Only if there is not a chance of the two of you actually going to war over something stupid.

MADPs are rather silly, yes.

No.

Here it is

iFOK and SLCB, if they don't implode first.

Neutral? No. Isolationist? Yes.

More or less open-door, with an academy to weed out the complete morons and a possibility for the application to be rejected if deemed neccessary.

Yes, if it can be clearly shown that the other alliance is plotting to attack.

Largely irrelevant, unless you're on Red.

Tetris or AOD Brigade

No.

Military: 3

Diplomacy: 4

Economical: 3

Internal Organization: 3

Stability: 4.5

Good, active core of members. Also, the fact that we don't make questionnaires that are missing #20.

Small size, theme that might be restrictive to growth in terms of nations.

All over the place really. A couple of former iFOK, a couple of ex-Legion, an ex-Spartan and so on.

Support Alliance A's war on B, but try to bring the war to a speedier end than it might otherwise come to.

Yes, for serious offenses such as spying (not the ingame variety) and OOC attacks.

(For the record, I define Perma-ZI as the holding of a nation at Zero Infrastructure until they delete.)

No, they are perfectly right in cancelling the MADP.

30.1 ...Citadel?

Citadel has played the game well, I'll give them that. -1 for missing 28 and 29 on this questionnaire though.

30.2 ...Frostbite?

Neutral.

30.3 ...Superfriends?

Cool people.

Eh, a mixed bag here. Some good people, some really crap people.

Neutral.

No. If it ever got to the point where they would need to be censored, they would probably no longer be in the alliance.

Yes, if there exists no other means to remove the leadership from power.

Refer to our maxim: "If everybody likes you, you're doing it wrong!"

My alliance has not been in any wars thus far (only formed on Sep 1)

Take their opinions on board and work with the membership to reform the government as needed.

Loyalty, activity and good relations between members.

Theocratic meritocracy

Spreading excitement all over the world, finding aliens, time travellers and ESPers and playing with them etc etc

No.

No.

Protectorate with INT, PIAT with Aqua Defense Initiative, PIoDP with Random Insanity Alliance

Probably not. *shakes his fist at you for missing 51-54*

They must have a functioning government and offsite community to be considered an alliance, in my opinion.

16 - 25 I guess. Pretty much par for the game.

We come from all over the world, really.

We had a bit of a crisis earlier on in our life concerning protection, but we overcame that.

Stronger.

Gaining the protection of the International.

Get to 40 members and one million nation strength.

Make some more allies and generally secure our position.

No. I don't really know GPA that well.

I wouldn't have signed an MADP with anyone at all (see my above stance on MADPs), but in this hypothetical case I would cancel the pact.

Honor is defending one's principles and one's friends until death.

Neither party is 'wrong'. Flaming happens all the time, get used to it.

Diplomacy

Hmm. AOD Brigade, the International... yeah that's about it for now.

Co-ordination, activity and preparedness.

The attacker would be eating all of my alliance's nukes. No contest.

Not very nice, but unfortunately true.

I don't really care about the Unjust War. It was the result of a massive Thirty Xanatos Pileup between people that I don't really care about (and some have left the game).

No, because in the real world you have a little thing called nuclear winter that will royally screw over the whole world if someone fires their nukes at another nuclear power.

In CN, this is just a temporary setback.

Sellers, mostly for 3m/100

Not much in the way of donation deals going on here.

See the afformentioned Thirty Xanatos Pileup.

Citadel. Not sure about the other side. Possibly Superfriends.

It's a prestige thing. An alliance that manages to reach the top 12 of alliances in the game has obvious succeeded in some way, shape or form.

No.

Again, I wouldn't have signed an MADP with them anyway, for this specific reason, but in this case I would attack TheMenHuggers, assuming their casus belli is solid, however I would push for the war to be brief and the terms to be lenient (preferably white peace).

Depends on the programme that provisioned the aid in the first place. If the aid was given in reward for services already rendered to the alliance (such as in the Blessings programme that my alliance runs to reward tech sellers), then I would of course not make them pay it back.

Freedom of speech on the Internet is a lie.

No.

Yes.

97. Quality or Quantity?

Quality.

Yes.

No and yes, respectively.

Tell NPO where to shove it. Politely.

Edited by Arrnea

Mine. Not necessarily Sparta's.

1. Offensive Nuclear Policy? Don't go to war if you don't want to get hurt.

2. Defensive Nuclear Policy? Nukes should only be used offensively :v:

3. Does your alliance endorse tech raiding? Nope

4. (Answer to #3) Why? )): Bullies )):

5. Why did your alliance choose your color? There were trades and freedom

6. Are NAPs useless? As an end point? Yes. As a stepping stone? No

7. Do you believe in MADPs? (Meaning, why not just have MDoAPS just in case if you do not believe in the cause) Nope.

8. Do you believe in the use of sanctioning during war? Yes. It's war.

9. Can you provide me a link to your flag? Custom43.png

11. What small alliances do you feel will be major political players in the long run? No idea

12. Do you consider TDO neutral? I don't think about them enough to know.

14. Current recruitment? (Open-door? Applicant interviews? Invite-only?) Open door. New players have to start somewhere.

15. Does your alliance believe in preemptive strikes? No

16. Current view concerning NPO? Some of their members seem to have learned very little.

17. Who are the alliances you are closest to who you do not have a treaty with? Hmmmm. Maybe VE?

18. Do you believe/support in NPO's Revenge Doctrine? Is that really still in effect? strange

19. Rate 1-5 (1 being lowest) for which how well your alliance has each of the following: Military, diplomacy, economical, internal organization, stability.3.6, 4, 4, 5, 5

21. What are your alliance's strengths? We have people who know what they are doing at all levels and they have fun doing it.

22. What are your alliance's weaknesses? Inactivity or under-activity, but this is becoming less of a problem as we purge them.

23. What alliances do typically the majority of your alliance descend from? Hmm. OIN originally, but we have a grab bag. A large proportion are Spartans for life (myself included).

25. Alliance A declare war on Alliance B. You have MADPs with both. Morally, you agree with Alliance A and feel they have a good enough reason for attacking alliance B, how do you go about handling this situation? Impossible. We'd likely try to bring the conflict to a quick close. It completely depends on the circumstances outside of that.

26. Do you believe in Perma-ZI? Nope

27. An alliance called The Fookheads has a MADP with The Asgards. The Asgards decide to declare war on an alliance called Icantbelieveitsnotbutter alliance. Asgards reasoning for attacking is simply because they want dominant control over the silver senate, and they feel this is the only way possible. The Fookheads, whom have an MADP with The Asgards, feel the reasoning is both unethical and illogical, thus canceling their MADP. Are The Fookheads dishonorable for standing up for what they believe in and canceling the MADP? Depends on the circumstances. This is why MADPs are silly. If an ally is attacked, then you have to defend until the treaty expires then try for peace.

30.1 ...Citadel? Umbrella is awesome. I have no problems with any of the others. TOP can come off as arrogant, but they don't actually do anything I don't like.

30.2 ...Frostbite? I like a lot of people in FB, and I really dislike a bunch in their as well. Conveniently almost all of the ones I don't like got together under the same AA.

30.3 ...Superfriends? They really are super friends

30.4 ...Complaints and Greviances? They're fun.

30.5 ...Common Defense Treaty? Pretty neutral on them.

33. Do you ever censor your members? On our forums? no On the OWF? yes

34. Are coups ever justifiable? Yes

36. I respectively tell you I dislike your alliance, I feel your leaders are disrespectful who feed on power and power only. I also state I feel the general membership has no respect and constantly flame. What would your response/actions be? Depends if you did it in public or in private. In public I would respectfully disagree. If it was in private and I cared what you thought I would ask you why you felt that way.

Darkfall: We... didn't lose

UJP: Victory for justice

War on Nazis: FCO were actually really cool. We won

Big Biz: They quit

Point out the advantages of our government. If our members ever agreed on anything I would probably die of shock.

Activity, fun people, smart leadership

46. Current Government type? democratic timocratic dyarchical federal oligarchy

47. What are your alliance's ideals? Sacrifice and unity.

48. Did you support GGA's doctrine concerning the Green team, stating an alliance needs permission from the to form on GGA and no alliances other than GPA can vote for senate? If a senator from any other team has more than 20+ votes, they will be attacked. I did. I very much enjoyed being forced off of green for absolutely no reason when we were first forming. It was fantastic. )):

49. Do you believe in moral police?They are a myth! They can be fun, but they are generally more self righteous than righteous.

The Brigade-Sparta MDoAP

Alpha Omega-Sparta MDoAP

Umbrella-Sparta MDoAP

Random Insanity Alliance-Sparta MDoAP

Mostly Harmless Alliance-Sparta MDoAP

Global Order of Darkness-Sparta MDoAP

Athens-Sparta MDoAP

Federation of Buccaneers-Sparta MDoAP

The Templar Knights-Sparta PIAT w/ ODP

Asgaard-Sparta PIAT w/ ODP

Fark-Sparta PIAT w/ ODP

Sparta Protects TAHE

Sparta Protects TCI

Sparta Protects FoA

NOIR: Black Unity & Economic ODP

55. Do you feel you will ever be sanctioned? Maybe

56. How many members must be in an alliance before you consider them an actual alliance? 1? 5? 10? 20? 30+?2

60. Age range most of your members are? It's all over the place most I'd say are between 18 and 26

61. Where do most of your members live? All over. Probably a majority USA though.

62. What crisis's have your alliance overcome? Getting kicked off green.

63. (#62) Did you become weaker or stronger because of them? Stronger. Brought some unity and got rid of some chaff. We owned pink for a while there.c

64. What were some of the most important steps your alliance have made in its history? Our color moves, our new constitution, and joining ~

66. What are your alliance's plans internally for the future? Binge and purge

68. GPA wants a MDP, do you accept? I giggle.

69. The Hydra Clan enter a war you do not agree with, you have a MADP with them. You are seriously against it and it is against your morals, though, if you do not comply, you can be seen as traitors. What do you do? MADPs... Don't sign them.

70. What is honor? How is an alliance honorable, what makes an alliance honorable, and what makes an alliance dishonorable in your opinion? It's like porn. I know it when I see it.

71. A GOONS member flames you, and you respond back, publicly, with harsh words as well. Who is wrong? Both

73. What is more beneficial in the long run, diplomacy or war experience? Both?

75. Which alliances would you sign an MDP with if you had free choice? See question 50

76. What makes a effective fighting alliance? Activity. The mechanics aren't that complex. So long as people are active, it doesn't take much to teach them how to be ready or how to fight.

77. In a war against a much bigger opponent against who you could not win, would you use the alliance nukes to go down fighting (to take as many of them down with us as possible - FAN style) or disband the alliance? I'm assuming diplomacy is off the table for this hypo. Nukes. No question, but I'd let people who weren't down leave no questions asked.

78. Might makes right. True or false? False, but that doesn't mean there will be justice. Might makes what's going to be accepted.

79. About the Unjust War: which side do you think was in the right, if either, and are you happy with the result? I think ~ was right. The question was who did you want to rule CN. I'm not entirely sure how UJP would have done it, but much of UJP were bullies and thugs when they had power, so I assume it would have been worse. Lulz in power can be an ugly thing. Maybe not though. Who knows. UJP were total dicks to Sparta though, so it wasn't a hard choice at the time.

80. Do you think that CN politics and diplomacy bear much of a similarity to diplomacy in real life? How are they similar or different, and why do you think this is? Does the diplomacy of CN more closely resemble that of any particular time period in human history, and would you change anything about the way it is generally conducted?I do see some similarities, but the fact that in the end it doesn't actually matter makes any actual parallels hard to make.

81. Does the majority of your alliance sell tech or buy tech? For what price? They do. 3mil/100

82. Does the majority of your alliance buy donations or sell tech? For what price? Not a majority, but they get sold. REally really expensive these days.

83. What was the cause of the Unjust War? (note: not the actual casus belli but the wider interrelation) Power struggle between UJP and not UJP. Who would rule Bob.

84. Do you have any ideas about where the next major tension or war might be? Something moral and probably silly. It should be fun though. Now that disbanding alliances similar tactics are anathema, i think wars will be far more enjoyable.

85. What do you think the effect of an alliance sanction is? Is it a good thing or a bad thing for most alliances? Ghosts. They are bad.

90. Would your alliance ever spy on an alliance if you felt threatened? (Not in-game spying) Nope. WAY more trouble than it's worth.

91. The Fookheads have a NAP with TheMenHuggers. You have a MADP with The Fookheads, who break their NAP and attack TheMenHuggers. What do you do? We get it MADPs make for annoying hypos. We don't sign them anymore. Again it depends on circumstances

93. You send a member 15 Million Aid. 2 weeks later, the member leaves. Do you make the member pay 15 Million back? Or more? Depends what it was for, but we have rules in place for repayment and how much and when they don't have to anymore. I think the still pay back after 2 weeks, but I'm not 100%

94. Is there such thing as respectful freedom of speech over the CN forums? No. There isn't. It's free or it isn't. Ours isn't.

95. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Non-government) No. that's a rogue.

96. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Government) See above

IF I'm reading the hypo right, then yes. We'd help if the friendship remained and they needed our help against a non-ally.

99. Will alliances like NADC/WTF ever do anything? Are they isolationists? They will not.

100. Your member sends aid to Mangina, who is on NPO's ZI list. (Not really, theoretical situation), who they never announced. There was no way for your alliance to know Mangina was on the list. NPO then attacks your member's nation. How do you handle this situation? What if it leads to a potential war, what will you do?We back up our member.

If Kevin and I believe that the use of nuclear weapons will give my alliance an advantage in war, I will not hesitate to give the order.

If we're nuked, expect it back.

Yes.

4. (Answer to #3) Why?

It's a good way to grow, explore the war system and have some fun in the drudgery that is this game.

Yellow is a color not dominated by an immovable power structure like Aqua was. Yellow provides a home where we can just grow without being bothered by obnoxious color-wide politics.

6. Are NAPs useless?

If it has my signature on it, it will be followed. End of story.

I do believe in MADP's. There are certain alliances/people whom I would fight alongside no matter what the cause, despite whether or not I believe its right simply because of the bond we have. While Kevin I'm sure may have others on his list, the two alliances that I would sign an MADP with are GOD/Xiphosis and RoK/Hoo.

Yes.

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn22/iC...orateFlag05.png

I don't really care.

We openly recruit with applicants receiving interviews before acceptance.

Yes.

They need to get out of terms soon... the obnoxious moral crusaders have too much leverage right now.

OcUK, FAN and Rage Company.

It's not in effect anymore so I could hardly care less.

Military- 3

Diplomacy - 4

Economic - 5

Internal Organization - 5

Stability - 4

We have a great Finance staff along with a strong sense of community that facilitates new players to become large, homegrown nations with a strong sense of loyalty to the alliance.

We have a tendency to lose some of the more established nations that come from other alliances.

NADC, RoK, ACV.

Depends on who Alliance B is and it depends on who Alliance A is. I can't answer a question like that out of my $@!.

Do I believe in it? I've BEEN Perma-ZI'd many times. So yeah, it exists, I assure you.

It's an MADP for a reason. If you're not going to honor it, don't sign it.

30.1 ...Citadel?

I don't really like a single Citadel alliance outside of Argent who I really have no contact with, I just remember Janax, Italy and Anagent ghosting the ACV back in the day and thus have some likable feelings about their leadership.

30.2 ...Frostbite?

I don't really like any Frostbite alliances. I don't hate NSO, but Polar and STA fall under a group of alliances I like to call the "Holier Than Thou Brigade."

30.3 ...Superfriends?

Great friends. GOD, CSN, RIA and RoK are all alliances I would fight alongside to the bitter end.

All of them are obnoxious moralfags except for Athens. I :wub: Athens.

NATO being the figurehead says a lot.

No.

Yes. Just not against me.

$%&@ off, I never asked you to like my alliance.

The October Massacre - I was a North Atlantican. Victory.

UJW - I was a \m/ember. ZI'd.

BLEU-NADC War - Perma-ZI'd, banned from the blue sphere permanently.

Roman-Inertia War - Perma-ZI'd.

War of the Coalition - I led the ACV. Victory.

Karma War - RoK gov. Victory.

RoK-OcUK war - I negotiated the ceasefire.

Tell them to vote in a new Board of Directors.

A strong community. The rest comes second.

Meritocratic appointed leadership, elected deputies.

Courage, Sacrifice, Brotherhood, Ambition.

They pulled it off, so more power to 'em.

No.

MDoAP with RIA, GOD and Athens.

ODP with RoK and CSN.

PIAT with Bel Air.

Yes.

Their first obligated defense treaty.

16-25

America with some Canadians thrown in.

An initial tiff with RoK.

Weaker.

Quite a few, if you really want the answer to this one, PM me.

That remains inside the Corporation.

That remains inside the Corporation.

No.

Declare war. I signed the treaty, I'll follow it.

Honor is subjective.

Depends on who wins.

Both.

None, I have my friends as it is.

Active, experienced and knowledgeable membership. The leadership really isn't as important as the middle managers here.

They'd eat our nukes and then accept our spies.

True.

The Unjust Path. No.

If you really want a long drawn out answer to this, PM me.

Both. Buying 3m/100t, selling 3m/50t.

Yes. One donation = 12m.

There were more than one.

The moral fags against the immoral ones.

Prestige.

What? Randomly spy? No.

Again, I signed the MADP. I fight.

They'll pay it back or be attacked.

Yes.

Depends.

Depends.

97. Quality or Quantity?

Both. Quantity can lead to quality.

Yes.

No, NADC will do nothing but suckle at the teet of their masters.

I defend my member. Period.

Goose, or someone higher up the food chain will have better answers but im bored so here:

1. Offensive Nuclear Policy? Yes.

2. Defensive Nuclear Policy? Yes.

3. Does your alliance endorse tech raiding? No.

4. (Answer to #3) Why? Good question.

5. Why did your alliance choose your color? see previous

6. Are NAPs useless? Depends. Some people signed them with NPO(pre-war) just so they knew when that treaty went down they were next. then again people break treaties all the time

7. Do you believe in MADPs? (Meaning, why not just have MDoAPS just in case if you do not believe in the cause) Considering my alliance is in a MADP bloc, yes

8. Do you believe in the use of sanctioning during war? Hell no, unless theres some condition outside of the war that warrants it(aid scamming for example)

9. Can you provide me a link to your flag? http://www.cybernations.net/images/flags/Custom20.png

11. What small alliances do you feel will be major political players in the long run? Corporation, and The Lost World if Bones is the fine leader i think he is

12. Do you consider TDO neutral? If they did what theyre accused of doing (See: RoK cancellation) then theyre walking a fine line of not being neutral

14. Current recruitment? (Open-door? Applicant interviews? Invite-only?) Little of column A, little of Column B

15. Does your alliance believe in preemptive strikes? Dont think so, paging Hetman to thread #75547

16. Current view concerning NPO? Meh, bullies pre-war and now theyve been beaten down theyre acting like little kids

17. Who are the alliances you are closest to who you do not have a treaty with? Hmm. FOK, iFOK..maybe a few others but none come to mind ATM

18. Do you believe/support in NPO's Revenge Doctrine? Nobody really had a choice, its a nice policy in theory but in practice they went about it the worst way possible

19. Rate 1-5 (1 being lowest) for which how well your alliance has each of the following: Military, diplomacy, economical, internal organization, stability. 3, 5, 4, 3, 5

21. What are your alliance's strengths? Tight knit, infra be damned we're fighting to the ened

22. What are your alliance's weaknesses? Activity :(

23. What alliances do typically the majority of your alliance descend from? Starcraft, i think..bunch of nerds

25. Alliance A declare war on Alliance B. You have MADPs with both. Morally, you agree with Alliance A and feel they have a good enough reason for attacking alliance B, how do you go about handling this situation? Uhhhh, ill let someone smarter than i answer

26. Do you believe in Perma-ZI? Hell NO

27. An alliance called The Fookheads has a MADP with The Asgards. The Asgards decide to declare war on an alliance called Icantbelieveitsnotbutter alliance. Asgards reasoning for attacking is simply because they want dominant control over the silver senate, and they feel this is the only way possible. The Fookheads, whom have an MADP with The Asgards, feel the reasoning is both unethical and illogical, thus canceling their MADP. Are The Fookheads dishonorable for standing up for what they believe in and canceling the MADP? Wait..what? tl;dr..

30.1 ...Citadel? Meh, Anyone can avoid major losses in a war by staying on the winning side and thus never stunting your growth

30.2 ...Frostbite? NSO..brown..flush..yeah..you get the idea

30.3 ...Superfriends? :awesome:

30.4 ...Complaints and Greviances? Meh. MK has some recent activities that make you wonder "WTF" other than them i like most of these guys

30.5 ...Common Defense Treaty? lol..

33. Do you ever censor your members? Negative

34. Are coups ever justifiable? Well, works for GGA lol

36. I respectively tell you I dislike your alliance, I feel your leaders are disrespectful who feed on power and power only. I also state I feel the general membership has no respect and constantly flame. What would your response/actions be? opinions are like my idols, everybody has one. lot of folks get worked up over opinions around this place. congrats you hate me..take a number

38. State the results of any wars you have been in. Illuminati: Win, WoTC(Polar, OTF): Win, Karma War(IRON): Win

44. Your members wish for a new government, they don't like it and feel a different kind would be better. What do you do? Our gov't, despite being appointed, changes often enough to drive my OCD crazy

45. What traits make a good alliance? tight knit, little to no drama

47. What are your alliance's ideals? Starcraft and other such nerdy games :P

48. Did you support GGA's doctrine concerning the Green team, stating an alliance needs permission from the to form on GGA and no alliances other than GPA can vote for senate? If a senator from any other team has more than 20+ votes, they will be attacked. lolGGA should be lucky most even consider them an alliance

49. Do you believe in moral police? Not in the least

50. What treaties do you have? SPAM, CA, SF, MDoaP w/ TYR, Silence,..!@#$ man look it up lol

55. Do you feel you will ever be sanctioned? like for roguery? orCSN in the top 12? both are a yes :P

56. How many members must be in an alliance before you consider them an actual alliance? 1? 5? 10? 20? 30+? 5. 1 person a group does not make. five people very well could be a group of friends from work or school trying to figure the game out

60. Age range most of your members are? Well, kick out Goose and it drops by like 15 years

61. Where do most of your members live? All over. :(( HiLow :((

62. What crisis's have your alliance overcome? no Vision war

63. (#62) Did you become weaker or stronger because of them? Well, we took the keys away from AT so stronger

64. What were some of the most important steps your alliance have made in its history? I think they would say being a founding member of GUARD

66. What are your alliance's plans internally for the future? get stronger, lot of folks who need to work on certian things before the next GW

67. What are your alliance's plans externally for the future? Well, depending on who you ask the answer might be "Get destroyed again"

68. GPA wants a MDP, do you accept? I dont even know who GPA's president is, so call back in a few months after we get to know each other. then ill be able to give you a straight answer

69. The Hydra Clan enter a war you do not agree with, you have a MADP with them. You are seriously against it and it is against your morals, though, if you do not comply, you can be seen as traitors. What do you do? We honor the treaty, why else sign it..and we give Hydra the finger in the process

70. What is honor? How is an alliance honorable, what makes an alliance honorable, and what makes an alliance dishonorable in your opinion? Honor is standing by your allies, regardless. honor isnt running from one side of the web to another just to stay with the winners. honor isnt log dumping private conversations onto these forums with the intent of making (former)treaty partners look bad

71. A GOONS member flames you, and you respond back, publicly, with harsh words as well. Who is wrong? Trolling? In my intartunbes? nowai! happens all the time...eventually you both evolve into using caps "WHAT'D YOU SAY ABOUT MY MOTHER?? ILL KICK YOUR..." yeah..

73. What is more beneficial in the long run, diplomacy or war experience? both. because diplomacy can only solve so many issues before stuff starts blowing up. ex. diplomacy almost calmed the Karma war before it happened but thankfully it didnt and stuff started blowing up. several experienced alliances put up a good fight (FEAR, im told was a tought fight) whereas an alliance who hasnt been tested in a long time such as IRON, was shown to be lacking in MP's which bit ALOT of people after they lost that precious top 5% ranking

75. Which alliances would you sign an MDP with if you had free choice? Belair, tLW, and FCO just because theyre quiet and look like a very interesting bunch

76. What makes a effective fighting alliance? prop organization along with some decently built nations. you dont have to be TOP to inflict alot of damage. just proper stagger and all that

77. In a war against a much bigger opponent against who you could not win, would you use the alliance nukes to go down fighting (to take as many of them down with us as possible - FAN style) or disband the alliance? Im sorry to say but i believe in smoke 'em if you got 'em. CSN survived one curbstomp and i get the feeling another one would only strengthen the alliance

78. Might makes right. True or false? Well unfortunatly this was the case for a very long time, but i'd like to think thats over

79. About the Unjust War: which side do you think was in the right, if either, and are you happy with the result? N/A wasnt here

80. Do you think that CN politics and diplomacy bear much of a similarity to diplomacy in real life? How are they similar or different, and why do you think this is? Does the diplomacy of CN more closely resemble that of any particular time period in human history, and would you change anything about the way it is generally conducted?I loathe RL politics, CN is just easier imho

81. Does the majority of your alliance sell tech or buy tech? For what price? Buy, how much ya selling for? :P

82. Does the majority of your alliance buy donations or sell tech? For what price? I would assume if you offered a donation then someone would buy it

83. What was the cause of the Unjust War? (note: not the actual casus belli but the wider interrelation) Shouldnt this be #80 since #79 was about the UJW

84. Do you have any ideas about where the next major tension or war might be? i heard FOK was going to betray the Stickmen

85. What do you think the effect of an alliance sanction is? Is it a good thing or a bad thing for most alliances?e-peen measuring thats all. but it would be nice to be back up there after once being there

90. Would your alliance ever spy on an alliance if you felt threatened? (Not in-game spying)That would be "no"

91. The Fookheads have a NAP with TheMenHuggers. You have a MADP with The Fookheads, who break their NAP and attack TheMenHuggers. What do you do? Im starting to get sleepy...ill make Arouet answer this one

93. You send a member 15 Million Aid. 2 weeks later, the member leaves. Do you make the member pay 15 Million back? Or more? If it was for tech or something then yes, if it was for a war then no. theres no need to flood a noob with money if they manage tech deals correctly. any MoF/E worth a damn could show a new nation that trades and some tech deals would be a great jump start to your nation

94. Is there such thing as respectful freedom of speech over the CN forums? Nemesis claimed freedom of speech when Blacky log dumped on RIA/GOD in an attempt to smear them, that was about as trashy and tacky as you can get. meanwhile Jack Diorno created a thread showing who dropped/ignored what treaties during Karma war and was roasted alive by some people for it so i guess it depends

95. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Non-government) Nope, unless the entire alliance or atleast majority is in on whatever was done (i.e. spying)

96. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Government) ^^

97. Quality or Quantity?without a doubt quality. MK, TOP, PC, and several others are showing this

98. The Fookheads, who you have a MADP with, are forced to cancel all treaties to avoid war with the ILovePooNuggets Alliance. The ILovePooNuggets alliance finds a questionable cassus belli, do you help your ally even though they were forced to cancel the treaty? im lol'ing at your alliance names, can i steal one of them if i ever create my own alliance?

99. Will alliances like NADC/WTF ever do anything? Are they isolationists? i think WTF will eventually get (back)into politics. that PIAT with Fark could be seen as testing the waters

100. Your member sends aid to Mangina, who is on NPO's ZI list. (Not really, theoretical situation), who they never announced. There was no way for your alliance to know Mangina was on the list. NPO then attacks your member's nation. How do you handle this situation? What if it leads to a potential war, what will you do? Im going to take a nap, you make me think :(

Goose, or someone higher up the food chain will have better answers but im bored so here:

15. Does your alliance believe in preemptive strikes? Dont think so, paging Hetman to thread #75547

50. What treaties do you have? SPAM, CA, SF, MDoaP w/ TYR, Silence,..!@#$ man look it up lol

77. In a war against a much bigger opponent against who you could not win, would you use the alliance nukes to go down fighting (to take as many of them down with us as possible - FAN style) or disband the alliance? Im sorry to say but i believe in smoke 'em if you got 'em. CSN survived one curbstomp and i get the feeling another one would only strengthen the alliance

93. You send a member 15 Million Aid. 2 weeks later, the member leaves. Do you make the member pay 15 Million back? Or more? If it was for tech or something then yes, if it was for a war then no. theres no need to flood a noob with money if they manage tech deals correctly. any MoF/E worth a damn could show a new nation that trades and some tech deals would be a great jump start to your nation

Felt like adding some input for a few of wicked's answers, overall I think he's got most of it right.

15. I believe the current situation with Justice suggest that no, we don't. Despite having 5 of their 12 members go rogue on us, we're only engaging the ones that attack us first.

46. Dictatorship.

50. SuperFriends, Chestnut Accords/SPAM/MEP, MDoAPs with Silence, TTK, The Immortals, TYR, plus a handful of protectorates.

77. Worth noting that we did not go nuclear in the No Vision War, nor did we disband. I believe if a similar thing happened now we would go all out.

93. My unenforced policy is that aid through certain programs (Tech Deal Bonus, Spinach Cannon) isn't a gift but a loan, to be paid back when recipient becomes large enough to do so. I've rarely/never made an issue of it.

A lot of this will probably be similar to Arrnea's, but whatever.

Don't.

Fire when fired upon.

No.

4. (Answer to #3) Why?

Big hassle, little benefit. Also, stupid.

Our flag.

6. Are NAPs useless?

I believe NAPs are useful when used for their intended purpose: keeping people from attacking each other. If tensions are running high between two alliances and you don't want war, consider a NAP. Also, NAPs work in surrender terms, though time limited till end of terms more than likely. I'm sure there are a least a couple more good uses, but that's what comes to mind.

Yes and no. In theory, two alliances could be close enough to warrant one. In practice though, I don't see nore expect that to happen. MDoAP's are almost always the better option. But again, it is theoretically possible that an MDAP is worth it.

No.

450px-Sosdanflag1.svg.png

A couple months ago I'd have said the Stickmen. They've been quiet though, so...I dunno.

Don't know enough about the situation to really comment here.

Pretty open.

Depends on why. If you have a good CB you want to act on, go for it.

I like 'em. :wub: Brennan

Well, this is on more of a personal than alliance level, but I miss being MDoAP'ed to IAA terribly. :wub:

Sounds good to me.

Military: 3 (Not really a priority at the moment)

Diplomacy: 4 (5 when I'm on the job. :smug:)

Economical: 3 (Not terribly organized, but we get the job done)

Internal Organization: 3 (Ditto)

Stability: 4 (We're pretty tight knit. :3)

:awesome:

Needs moar desu.

All over the place really. iFOK, CCC, Sparta, Invicta, Vanguard, Legion, JAMA, MK, ML...yeah, we're an alliance of poachers.

You don't just attack a treaty partner. I hate wartime cancels, but if it needs to be done, correctly cancel on B. If it's not urgent, request from A to sit out from either side. If they say they need you, do what must be done.

I like the NPO/GOONS paradigm: you go on the target list, you are attacked. You come off the list, you aren't. Keep them as long as the crime warrants, and of course allow them to appeal the addition as much as they'd like.

Sounds good to me.

30.1 ...Citadel? Basically a neutral meh.

30.2 ...Frostbite? Well, I don't dislike 'em. Some good people in there.

30.3 ...Superfriends? Blegh.

30.4 ...Complaints and Greviances? More blegh.

30.5 ...Common Defense Treaty? Nice people.

Nope. If they're worth censoring, they're worth removing.

Depends. So I suppose that's a yes.

We feed on your hate. :3

Karma War, lost.

Talk it out and amend the charter as necessary through provisions in the charter.

Intelligent members, active gov.

Dictatorship, and oh is it wonderful.

Basically...have fun, be ourselves.

Any sort of senate agreement should only be enforced upon those who agree to it.

That word gets tossed around a lot. Hard to say what people mean by that these days.

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Templat...22243;_Treaties

Ha ha, that will be the day.

If they function as an alliance, they an a alliance, no matter how small or big.

16-25

Umm...everywhere.

I don't think we've been through a "crisis" per se.

See above.

As of yet...DoE'ing is about it.

Stick around, pretty much.

Find friends. Stick to them.

I don't really know GPA. I do love their MoIA though. :wub:

Same as the previous answer of this nature: request to sit out, if not, bite the bullet and do it.

Honor is conducting yourself in a respectable manner.

No one.

Diplomacy.

IAA and Invicta, to name a couple. :wub:

Activity and coordination.

Fight.

True, yes. Good, not really.

I wasn't around then, I can't really comment.

Diplomats take the same skills in real life and CN, just a bit of a different application.

Sell, 3mil/100tech.

Not much in donations.

Again, I can't really speak for this period.

Well, the "Big Four" blocs are going to play a major part, I'd say.

Basically, more ghosts. :v:

I have no particular moral qualms about it, but it's not on my to-do list either.

Same as similar questions above.

I wouldn't send the 15 mil. Newbies are...newbies.

"Respectful" and "free speech" so rarely go together in today's OWF. :v:

Depends. Likely not.

Depends. Likely so.

97. Quality or Quantity?

Quality.

If I don't like the CB and feel I can act, sure. Treaties are...they only are a sign of the relationship, they don't make it. You can burn the paper and you'll still be friends. Likewise, you don't need paper to be them, it's just nice to have.

Don't really know either. I guess that makes it a no and yes then.

Let them know we had no way of knowing, request reps to the nation for damages, and then everyone happily parts ways like never happened.

A great idea, but taking the time to answer this is going to be a drag.

Always nuke first strike.

We should never be in a situation where we haven't nuked first.

Absolutely not.

4. (Answer to #3) Why?

It's a violation of national sovereignty, also, Moralism.

I like Red, and I liked giving the finger to Pacifica.

6. Are NAPs useless?

Yes.

Of course. MADPs are for allies who you'll roll with no matter what, that relationship is one completely different from the MDoAP.

Yes.

http://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy269/Vilien/tmfflag1.png

It's tough to say. Those alliances with capable leadership like Ronin clearly have potential. Some smaller alliances have a chance, I like FAR, I like Paix. It's really tough to say, too many factors play into whether an alliance succeeds or fails. Same goes for TMF. There's simply too much up in the air right now that could be the difference between success and just fading into the background.

They don't do anything, sure, they're neutral.

We don't actively recruit. That's one of the reasons that we've stayed small, and it's also one of the reasons that we have a good (if tiny) member base.

It depends entirely on the situation. If an alliance was going to commit an aggressive action against TMF, we'd act to undermine them with all certainty. Destroying an alliance because they might possibly be a threat sometime in the future (see: Woodstock Massacre) is foolish.

They're our partners on Red, and I like their leadership personally.

We've been close to CnG by virtue simply of having a good deal of friends there. We prefer to have less treaties than we do members, so we're waiting to grow a bit before we extend our relationship with them.

The motivation is selfish, but the result is admirable. Revenge was one of the best things that happened for unaligneds and the Red sphere.

Military: Four wars in six months, we've won all of them. All of our serious, if small, military contests have been tremendous successes. 5.

Diplomacy: People tend to like us, and for our size, we're fairly well known. My mouth is our biggest diplomatic detriment. The number of alliances we're able to maintain contact with is, again, pretty good for our size. 4.

Economic: Our nations are pretty small, but we're tech dealing at a reasonable rate. I'd like to see our trades get worked out, but Red is a pretty tough sphere for circles. We need to do some work here. 2-3.

Internal Organization: Our current structure is direct democracy. This works perfectly when you have six members who log on every day. I'm interested to see if it'll work as we grow. 4.

Stability: We've been here for six months, most micros don't even come close to lasting that long, especially when they're as belligerent as we are. We're here to stay. 5.

Activity and dedication. Our membership is small enough that every member is making contributions. Our structure encourages active participation on the part of the membership. I'm constantly surprised to see how patriotic some of our members are, and that dedication has served us well in crisis after crisis.

We're small, we believe in something, and we punch above our weight class. Simply, we can't do that much until we grow quite a bit more. Believing and acting in accord with moralist principles is fine and dandy, but I'm sure it'll get us into trouble. Same goes for the belligerence factor. I've tended to pick fights with people who we really can't stand up to, thankfully we have a few friends who have managed to keep us out of the fire for this long.

We had some guys from Jamhaira (spelling?), but other than that we've picked up new players and unaligned nations.

It wouldn't happen. We'd have had the knowledge of a conflict beforehand, and we would have either done our best to mediate the situation or cancel on one of our allies. Our MADP partners would probably be members of the same political sphere, so I really doubt that any kind of conflict would occur between them. If it came to the situation described above, we could make no acceptable choice other than attempting to end the conflict as soon as possible and not taking sides.

No.

No. Honor is about standing up for what you believe in.

30.1 ...Citadel? They're the people I've had the least interaction with. No real positive or negative feelings.

30.2 ...Frostbite? I respect a great deal of their posters, some of them I haven't exactly agreed with too many things on. Mostly positive.

30.3 ...Superfriends? I respect and like the people I've met from Superfriends. Positive.

30.4 ...Complaints and Grievances? There's nothing but love between TMF and the Spirit of '06.

30.5 ...Common Defense Treaty? Ex-Hegemony periphery alliances. They've got their chance, I hope they use it.

No.

Yes.

I'd disagree with you, and wish you a good day.

TMF-GDI: RyanGDI and alliance humiliated and defeated by single nation, myself.

TMF-SL War: Supremacy League, an alliance of slightly larger size, destroyed by TMF.

Ironwood-FDA War: Coalition victory.

Moral War: Hilarious.

I think it says enough that I had to look up all the wars that we've been in.

We're a direct democracy. It's their choice, not mine.

Having a good membership. Really, you can't go wrong if you have active and dedicated members. Everything else is secondary.

Direct democracy.

We're a Moralist alliance. We believe in supporting liberty and self-determination. We're very interventionist as a result.

Are you thinking of GOONS? The answer would be no.

There's no such thing as the moral police. There's people who cite morality as a defense of conservatism in their dealings. These people use "morality" as an excuse to keep things the way they are, because simply, things are working out for them. A "world police force" was what we had with the Continuum, and it wasn't too fantastic.

TORN - MDoAP

Paix - ODP

No. The ideal alliance structure has between 100-150 members, anything over that results in factionalism. I'd prefer to stay at an efficient size than be one of the bulky alliances (no offense meant to you sanctioned monsters).

1. The TMF-GDI War was about this.

Some of our members are young, some are older.

The United States.

See: Wars. We've also been in situations where people have wanted to remove us because of things that I'd said, but luckily, we managed to avoid having anything explode over those "problems". All of our crises have been foreign in nature.

Stronger.

Aligning with TORN prevented us from getting destroyed on multiple occasions.

We're writing a formal Constitution, and we're pursuing growth in a number of ways.

Building relationships with smaller, new alliances, and cementing our relationships with established alliances.

This one GPA guy once questioned us about our war involvement once. That's the only experience I've had with them. No.

We'd be screaming bloody murder behind the scenes, but when you sign an MADP you agree to support your allies no matter what. We'd fight with them.

Honor is living up to your agreements and acting under a code of mutual respect. It's called honoring treaties for a reason.

Already happened, GOONS was wrong.

Diplomacy. Wars are won with soft power.

MK, FAR, and Paix (upgrade). We've been trying to sign a treaty with PPF, but Opethian keeps turning us down. I'd like an MADP with them.

Activity, experience, and winning in the upper ranks.

I'd light up a cigarette and toast to mpol. We're not the type to give up just because we're losing.

False.

Neither side was right.

CN politics is surprisingly interesting and developed as compared to similar games. Real life diplomacy carries with it a component of duty, because your actions have an effect on the lives of other human beings. The cost is infinitely greater when you declare a war in the real world, and that's the real difference. Diplomacy in CN changes in sophistication based on the level on which it is conducted. Micro-alliance politics resemble tribal society in a number of ways. Inter-bloc politics are much closer to modern diplomacy.

We mostly sell. We prefer 3/50, but when we can't get charity, we go with the standard.

Haven't done any donation deals.

Pacifica and Polaris shared the goal of eliminating uncontrollable allies. The war was an exact copy of the wars against FAN and NoV, just on a larger and more efficient scale. The moral complaints against the Unjust Path were secondary to the original purpose.

Not that I'll be sharing here.

It's a pride thing, like a senate seat.

Probably not. Anyone who I trusted well enough to send to spy on someone would be needed in our alliance. I have participated, and will participate again, in Voxian activities should the need arise.

They're an MADP partner. It's pretty obvious.

Unless they made an agreement not to leave, which I wouldn't make them do, I wouldn't care.

Freedom of speech exists only in alliances that are willing to pay the price of telling the truth. The vast majority of censorship occurs willingly on the alliance scale.

No.

Perhaps.

97. Quality or Quantity?

Quality

We would have already declared war on the people who were trying to get our allies to cancel their treaties.

NADC is not an isolationist alliance. WTF will never do anything.

I'd attempt to work out a peaceful solution, and when that didn't work (Pacifica doesn't act belligerently without intending to start a war), I'd declare war.

One hundred questions, oh wow. I'll give it a go, though to be clear, I don't speak for Valhalla. I'll put our official policy where we have one, otherwise it is my opinion.

1. Offensive Nuclear Policy? The only official nuke policy we have, is that it requires Einherjar consent to fire nukes. I don't recall us ever first-strike nuking, though we could.

2. Defensive Nuclear Policy? If we are nuked, we will nuke back.

3. Does your alliance endorse tech raiding? Yes.

4. (Answer to #3) Why? What's a Viking without a li'l pillaging?

5. Why did your alliance choose your color? That, I do not know. I suspect some of our members were already purple; Valhalla was founded by former Legion & former NPO.

6. Are NAPs useless? Nope. A treaty means as little or much as the amount of value both partners put to it. I don't see any treaty as being 'useless', unless one of the partners is useless. For all that, Valhalla doesn't generally sign NAPs. As far as I know, we only have or have ever had the one with UPN.

7. Do you believe in MADPs? (Meaning, why not just have MDoAPS just in case if you do not believe in the cause) Not any more. I've felt the pitfalls, and hope we never have another one.

8. Do you believe in the use of sanctioning during war? Indifference. I don't like it in general, as it affects more than just the person you are sanctioning. I especially dislike it during alliance-wide wars. That being said, you do what you gotta, sometimes it is needful.

9. Can you provide me a link to your flag? I love our flag. Of course I would be happy to! I'll even throw in the flag, along *with* the link ;)Valhallan Flag, non-wavy version valhalla_flag.jpg

11. What small alliances do you feel will be major political players in the long run? I have to think a fair bit on this. Kronos would definitely make this list; they *do* things. Maybe CoJ or TJO, they both have excellent communicators and seem very aware of what's going on.

12. Do you consider TDO neutral? I don't really know them. No opinion.

14. Current recruitment? (Open-door? Applicant interviews? Invite-only?) Anyone can apply. After that, we have a long process, with questions & activity monitoring etc. An application generally runs about 2 weeks.

15. Does your alliance believe in preemptive strikes? I am pretty sure we would do that, if we had good reason.

16. Current view concerning NPO? I have mixed feelings. I like a lot of the people. I like much of what they brought to Planet Bob. I do think they get blamed for an awful lot of things out of their control. However, there have been a couple decisions I haven't been all that excited about.

17. Who are the alliances you are closest to who you do not have a treaty with? Hmm. TPF maybe?

18. Do you believe/support in NPO's Revenge Doctrine? Yeah. I thought it was pretty cool. Figured if I ever left Valhalla, I'd most likely go hang out on red team & be an indie. Shame it's gone.

Military - 4 Strong, prepared, & organized.

Diplomacy - 4 We have a very strong FA department, and an excellent head of FA.

Economics - 3 Slot efficiency isn't all that, but we do all right.

Internal - 5 Steamlined and flexible Charter, excellent gov set-up, nice admissions guidelines.

Stability - 4 The core is very stable, though we have had a break-off alliance recently (theZoo)

21. What are your alliance's strengths? Camaraderie, tenacity, proud, know how to have fun, zest for war

22. What are your alliance's weaknesses? Occasionally stubborn, sometimes like to poke the bear

23. What alliances do typically the majority of your alliance descend from? We come from all over the place. There are quite a few of us that are former Legion, but mostly we come from all over the web. Valhalla is very cosmopolitan in that sense, whole lot of different perspectives come together.

25. Alliance A declare war on Alliance B. You have MADPs with both. Morally, you agree with Alliance A and feel they have a good enough reason for attacking alliance B, how do you go about handling this situation? Did either of them tell us they were going to war with the other? Did they attempt mediation? Are we closer to one than the other? What is the circumstance? There is just WAY too much info that's not here, so I guess the answer is 'it depends'.

26. Do you believe in Perma-ZI? I do not like it.

27. An alliance called The Fookheads has a MADP with The Asgards. The Asgards decide to declare war on an alliance called Icantbelieveitsnotbutter alliance. Asgards reasoning for attacking is simply because they want dominant control over the silver senate, and they feel this is the only way possible. The Fookheads, whom have an MADP with The Asgards, feel the reasoning is both unethical and illogical, thus canceling their MADP. Are The Fookheads dishonorable for standing up for what they believe in and canceling the MADP? Of course not. Why should you stay MADP'd to someone when you don't want to attack for the same kinds of reasons they do? However, they should still fulfill their obligations.

30.1 ...Citadel? Eh. They are interesting. I remember when I first saw them announced, didn't think they'd last long. Instead they went & expanded a bit, and are now pretty massive. I don't like the Morality Police aspect, but not all of Citadel seems to share that, so I guess overall they are all right.

30.2 ...Frostbite? What a *wicked* name for a bloc. I like how they are strong and powerful, yet are still balanced, being largely respectful to folks still. For all the power etc in other blocs, this one conducts itself most like a superpower.

30.3 ...Superfriends? They strike me as a group of friends that are in it just to have a good time. It never ceases to amaze me when I run into something that shows any of them planning anything; I have a hard time wrapping my head around it. Overall seems to be some decent folks, though we are seldom on the the same page.

30.4 ...Complaints and Greviances? They have some very interesting alliances in there. I'm not sure how they all fit together, as at a glance I would think a couple of relationships would be strained, but somehow it works. I like the name, the hours of service, all that, it's funny. I consider C&G to be something of a lulz bloc, with just enough 'srs bzns' structure & rulers to make it work.

30.5 ...Common Defense Treaty? Very quiet bloc. They appear to be exactly what the name implies, a bunch of alliances that just stick together for mutual defense. If there is more to them than that, it doesn't show in public.

33. Do you ever censor your members? I think anyone who reads OWF can tell we don't do that very often :ph43r:

34. Are coups ever justifiable? Yep.

First off, do I like you, or care about your opinion? I will think about what you said regardless, and try to be objective, but frankly, if I think you are an idiot and your alliance sucks, I am probably not going to care very much. If you are allied to a close ally, we'll try to make nice so as not to put our mutual ally in an uncomfortable spot, but that's about as far as I see us bending.

If our members are flaming and/or out of line, that will be dealt with whether I like you or not. Some behaviors are simply unacceptable.

In GW3, I was in Legion, and got bill-locked (what the hell is a war chest???) Helped pay what was then the largest reps of any that had ever been asked, 800 mil in reps. GATO's were nearly as large as ours, an eye-popping 600 mil I think. We were not allowed factories to rebuild, and had to keep our military very low. We lost some government members to pzi iirc. It's been a long time, so my memory might not be spot on, but I think that is right. That was my introduction to war, and what happens when you lose a war. Good times.

After that, I have fought in every war that Valhalla has fought, from the day I joined (we were fighting FAN) til now. We have won all but the last.

44. Your members wish for a new government, they don't like it and feel a different kind would be better. What do you do? Members are welcome to submit their ideas. As it would require a Charter change, the subject would be up for discussion between all members. Norns would have the final say.

45. What traits make a good alliance? Organization & commitment are a couple big ones. A theme, or shared ideals or somesuch, for the community to revolve around, is good as well.

46. Current Government type? Benevolent dictatorship? We have one Regent, Chefjoe. That's a lifetime position. The other Einherjar have the areas over which they preside, and have a pretty free hand in what they do. Chef gets input from government & advisors before doing things that require his final say, but he almost always goes in the direction that the majority of us would like to go.

47. What are your alliance's ideals? Loyalty, strength, fortitude

48. Did you support GGA's doctrine concerning the Green team, stating an alliance needs permission from the to form on GGA and no alliances other than GPA can vote for senate? If a senator from any other team has more than 20+ votes, they will be attacked. I don't think it is good for the sphere, but their doctrines are their business.

49. Do you believe in moral police? I believe they exist :P I don't care for them though.

50. What treaties do you have? Valhalla Treaties

55. Do you feel you will ever be sanctioned? I highly doubt it. I like that we are a small and tight-knit community. I don't know how I would feel about us if we lost that.

56. How many members must be in an alliance before you consider them an actual alliance? 1? 5? 10? 20? 30+? At least 2.

60. Age range most of your members are? Hmm. We have a fair chunk of folks in their 30s, and a fair chunk of folks in their 20s, but we're pretty spread out, from the teens to, wow, I think our oldest guy is fifty-something, though I don't know for sure.

61. Where do most of your members live? Our make-up has changed a bit since I first arrived, but we are mostly Americans & Europeans (England, Wales, Norway, France, Italy come to mind, but I know we have folks from other places too). We even sport a couple Canadians. :o

62. What crisis's have your alliance overcome? The coup of noWedge would be a biggie. Can't think of much else.

63. (#62) Did you become weaker or stronger because of them? A little bit of both, I think. I was fairly new to Valhalla's ways when it happened. I'd been there a little bit of a while, mind, but hadn't quite settled in. I regret the loss of some of the members over the situation. Some of them seemed like pretty decent folks. I think also that it was very hard for folks who had been there for a long time. It appeared to me to be a lot freer, afterwards, which comes with the good and the bad. Overall though, it was a positive change.

64. What were some of the most important steps your alliance have made in its history? There have been an awful lot of steps in this dance. Which were the most important, I don't know. Working with our sphere instead of against it has to be a big one though.

66. What are your alliance's plans internally for the future? The usual. Recruiting quality members, growth, tech, and nukes.

67. What are your alliance's plans externally for the future? We're always up to meeting new people & making friends here & there. Government can probably answer this better though.

68. GPA wants a MDP, do you accept? That's not very neutral of them now, is it? :P Are we close friends? Are they folks we will want to defend, should it come to that? I do not think we would sign one with them.

69. The Hydra Clan enter a war you do not agree with, you have a MADP with them. You are seriously against it and it is against your morals, though, if you do not comply, you can be seen as traitors. What do you do? Most likely we will fight anyway. It's a MADP, right? But if it really bothers us, I don't think we will be keeping that madp.

An overused word in an internet game? :P

Sometimes an alliance might look like they are doing something 'honorable', something that looks like integrity, but is in reality an attempt to avoid a thwapping. Or boost their reputation. Or make someone else look bad by comparison. Those things are not honorable. They are slimy. Sometimes someone is doing something positive, and it looks negative. Unless you know how things really went down, you aren't going to know who truly has integrity. I generally look to see if their actions match their words, but that's about all you can do without complete understanding of a situation.

Things that alliances can do that make them honorable in my eyes? Sticking to what they said they would do, even when it is costly. Treating enemies as well as friends with respect and courtesy.

71. A GOONS member flames you, and you respond back, publicly, with harsh words as well. Who is wrong? Wrong? I don't see anything wrong there. One flame, one return, looks square to me ;)

73. What is more beneficial in the long run, diplomacy or war experience? That's a pretty odd question. You can most definitely have both, and having good skills in one often goes hand in hand with the other. If you have war experience but your diplomacy completely fails, your alliance isn't going to prosper. If you have good diplomats, but you suck at and are unprepared for war, one day you will get eated :P

75. Which alliances would you sign an MDP with if you had free choice? Without regard to where we may end up in the future? Polar would be cool, because I have some friends there. I'd go to the wall for them in a heartbeat.

76. What makes a effective fighting alliance? Preparation, activity, teamwork, and knowledge.

77. In a war against a much bigger opponent against who you could not win, would you use the alliance nukes to go down fighting (to take as many of them down with us as possible - FAN style) or disband the alliance? I don't know if we have FAN's fortitude; they are a tough act to follow. But we will certainly unleash as much nuclear hellfire as possible. I do know there are quite a few of us that are more than willing to hang around & blow things up til we get bored.

78. Might makes right. True or false? That's the way things work.

79. About the Unjust War: which side do you think was in the right, if either, and are you happy with the result? I rejoiced at the downfall of goons. Some folks there might have been all right, but the Shark Week, some of the other stuff, I was not happy with. I really don't care who was right or wrong in the war, only that it was won.

80. Do you think that CN politics and diplomacy bear much of a similarity to diplomacy in real life? How are they similar or different, and why do you think this is? Does the diplomacy of CN more closely resemble that of any particular time period in human history, and would you change anything about the way it is generally conducted? I think it is similar, because human nature is what it is. However, we can have less care for our folks dying for a cause, since they aren't really human lives. Every time I try to elaborate, I end up writing a book, so I'll just leave it there.

81. Does the majority of your alliance sell tech or buy tech? For what price? We buy, usually 3 mil/100

82. Does the majority of your alliance buy donations or sell tech? For what price? No idea on the donation thing, very few of us sell tech

83. What was the cause of the Unjust War? (note: not the actual casus belli but the wider interrelation) It seemed to me to be mostly divided by lulz players on one side, srs bzns on the other.

84. Do you have any ideas about where the next major tension or war might be? Who doesn't? :P

85. What do you think the effect of an alliance sanction is? Is it a good thing or a bad thing for most alliances? You are marginally easier to find on a search menu? People might wear your tags on the owf? It's not good, or bad, to me. It's just a thing.

90. Would your alliance ever spy on an alliance if you felt threatened? (Not in-game spying) Nope.

91. The Fookheads have a NAP with TheMenHuggers. You have a MADP with The Fookheads, who break their NAP and attack TheMenHuggers. What do you do? Why'd they break it? The 'what-ifs' are interesting & all, but there are a lot of questions there. I think we would still honor it, cause whether or not they are breaking a treaty, we don't want to be breaking one. Not so sure we would stay treatied though. Dunno.

93. You send a member 15 Million Aid. 2 weeks later, the member leaves. Do you make the member pay 15 Million back? Or more? Did we arrange that they would stay a set time or pay it back? If so, we will get it back either in money form, or in the form of war training.

94. Is there such thing as respectful freedom of speech over the CN forums? I don't understand the question. I think people are generally respectful, and we all have freedom of speech, though the consequences can vary wildly, depending on who you offend.

95. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Non-government) Are the member's actions condoned by his alliance?

96. Should an entire alliance pay the price for one member's actions? (Government) What has the alliance done to rectify the situation?

97. Quality or Quantity? I like both, though quality is better.

98. The Fookheads, who you have a MADP with, are forced to cancel all treaties to avoid war with the ILovePooNuggets Alliance. The ILovePooNuggets alliance finds a questionable cassus belli, do you help your ally even though they were forced to cancel the treaty? If we have no treaty, we aren't allies. If you are asking if we would help a friend, even without a treaty, it depends on how close that friendship is.

99. Will alliances like NADC/WTF ever do anything? Are they isolationists? Don't know, don't care.

100. Your member sends aid to Mangina, who is on NPO's ZI list. (Not really, theoretical situation), who they never announced. There was no way for your alliance to know Mangina was on the list. NPO then attacks your member's nation. How do you handle this situation? What if it leads to a potential war, what will you do? Diplomatic channels. Even when not allied to NPO, even when allied against them, they have always treated me with courtesy and professionalism.