Is this normal?

alyster

While it's very inconvenient to have declared on him 2 minutes (or so he says) after resigning for being a "ghost", it would have made more sense to have been truthful about the attacks. If you're running a family friendly alliance forum, and he posts offensive images and then quits, then why not declare on him for that instead of, if the poster is to be believed, a terrible reason?

It's your right to deal with your members as you see fit, so long as the punishment fits the crime. If what he posted was really that offensive, then you'd have every right to attack him for atleast a little while.

If for no other reason than to send a message, before letting him move on to another alliance.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a signature of a woman committing suicide and an avatar of an abused child is offensive and in my opinion is ban worthy.

errr, what? I don't need to see the actual image, it appears it was already removed from here. For once I agree with Sparta, they have every right to attack someone who is generally being a !@#$%. If it was me, I would carry out attacks until such time as the member found a new alliance. However I would have just straight said I was attacking him for that reason :P

From what i saw of this after being informed of the situation later, I'm pretty sure the "ghost" reason was satirical. If we really thought of him as a ghost, he would have received a PM from us long before we ever declared on him. From what i've seen no attacks were actually even made, so it can be put under the category of sternly walking an unruly ex-member to the door.

From what i saw of this after being informed of the situation later, I'm pretty sure the "ghost" reason was satirical. If we really thought of him as a ghost, he would have received a PM from us long before we ever declared on him. From what i've seen no attacks were actually even made, so it can be put under the category of sternly walking an unruly ex-member to the door.

Yep. The 'Ghost' reason for declaring was not serious. Above post pretty much sums everything else up.

Oh well, its over... life goes on, every alliance has that idiotic noob who has to try and be unbelievably difficult and we just got rid of ours. We wish him and whatever alliance he joins luck, and may he find what he is looking for.

THE END. :D

Well it seems things happened as they should, so all is well in the world again.

Except...

Leaving Member Attacked: +1

Member Attacked for Valid Reasons: -1

Outrage Meter: 0

From seeing this meter of yours I have to seriously question your morality, young Master Vilien. Surely you do not actually start from the zero point? True morals begin in the middle, with outrage and praise balanced on that very knife-edge, that esteemed number we call 5.

Please correct your methodology in the future and maybe we will be able to see eye to eye.

Heh...point well made. ;)

Even alyster admitted he messed up. /thread

The statement: "Everyone on the AA Sparta is open to attack by Sparta. It's our AA." while true, it still strikes me as a bit odd or at least poorly worded. I also think most people get giving someone who's acted inappropriately a hard shove out the door. You don't need to call them a 'ghost' while doing so.

A debate for another time perhaps....

I'll try to put the truth more delicately next time :P.

We didn't want someone who was being a !@#$% on our AA. We helped him on his way. I don't think calling him a ghost tongue in cheek really matters. The debate of whether he was technically a ghost is probably always irrelevant, but certainly not relevant in this situation.

@ Louisa: That's his moral outrage meter. You can't go around half way outraged over things. There are plenty of people on these boards that do that already.

@ Louisa: That's his moral outrage meter. You can't go around half way outraged over things. There are plenty of people on these boards that do that already.

I will not forget this base treachery, siding with my mortal enemy just because I may, perhaps, at one or other point, have been a bit hasty in my reading. Please sir, I had thought so much higher of you before you shone this lamp in my mirror.

[here the document descends into even murkier gibberish and so will not be continued; send 50 Technology for a full transcript]

Well it seems things happened as they should, so all is well in the world again.

Except...

From seeing this meter of yours I have to seriously question your morality, young Master Vilien. Surely you do not actually start from the zero point? True morals begin in the middle, with outrage and praise balanced on that very knife-edge, that esteemed number we call 5.

Please correct your methodology in the future and maybe we will be able to see eye to eye.

Now not only do you wish to enforce your own rigid morality on the world, you also insist upon enforcing your own rigid number line? How dare you! In my world, -3 is the center and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it!

HOW TO NOT GET TOASTED GUIDE

1. Don't act like an idiot when you join an alliance.

2. Don't post that stuff, man, it's nasty.

3. Dude. Seriously. Cut it out.

After that, if you're still rolling strong in your mind, the rest of the alliance you just pissed off is getting ready to rip into you.

Alyster, if you had left with class you wouldn't be in such a situation. However, you forced our hand after the nonsense you pulled. The first time you left, you left because you refused to attack people we had removed from our AA and those people had been given notice of what they had to do to stay in our AA. These people were then given a week's notice afterward (a total of 27 days so there were no excuses of not logging on) to get off our AA or be forced off. They did not so they were deemed ghosts.

You apparently didn't think this was right for whatever reason so you left. You weren't attacked, we let you stay on the AA for a few days until you found a new alliance. Then, you come back and post those images on our board on your way out. I'm sorry but this kind of behavior isn't going to fly.

You apparently didn't think this was right for whatever reason so you left. You weren't attacked, we let you stay on the AA for a few days until you found a new alliance. Then, you come back and post those images on our board on your way out. I'm sorry but this kind of behavior isn't going to fly.

Last time I went into peace mode and changed AA in 1h after leaving. People were insolted then by the peace mode. :lol1:

Well if potential recruits don't like that we don't like people acting like dicks on their way out, I guess we'll have to accept that

Dick? My sig wasn't offensive towards Sparta or any spartan in any kind. I agree any minor shouldn't have seen this. It was like my last sig of "Spartan punk" pushed to the edge to shock people, to express me, my feelings, but it was never offensive sig. And if I say I don't like it here, well I dont have much class, but I speak the truth. Sparta is in crisises weater u admit in on public forum or not, but you know it. Key figures before me have left by dozens and they will keep going.

When I rejoined few months ago I promised next time I will try to change things. I did try. Honestly. Lyc and WtD just got sparking mad at me for speaking up.

Last time I went into peace mode and changed AA in 1h after leaving. People were insolted then by the peace mode. :lol1:

Dick? My sig wasn't offensive towards Sparta or any spartan in any kind. I agree any minor shouldn't have seen this. It was like my last sig of "Spartan punk" pushed to the edge to shock people, to express me, my feelings, but it was never offensive sig. And if I say I don't like it here, well I dont have much class, but I speak the truth. Sparta is in crisises weater u admit in on public forum or not, but you know it. Key figures before me have left by dozens and they will keep going.

When I rejoined few months ago I promised next time I will try to change things. I did try. Honestly. Lyc and WtD just got sparking mad at me for speaking up.

Are you seriously trying to put forward this argument? You attacked your own alliance on our boards multiple times before moving out like a 10 year old throwing a fit. You follow this up with posting that image, nice. Also, what key figures have left by the dozens or are you spouting nonsense again? Besides a couple of gov members who resigned their position but stayed on the AA, the government has been the same people for months.

Keep this going if you really want to find out how wrong you are. Be my guest.

Well sad to see disagreeing and argumenting with Lyc is attacking "own" "alliance".

'

Half the people I knew in Sparta are gone. But we don't have to speak of ur inner problems here.

No, it really isn't. Using insults on the alliance itself is. Anyways, not sure who your friends were who left but that has not has happened to 90% of the people. Once again, that doesn't give you the excuse to act the way you did. I'd recommend you not stir the pot further since I believe this is done with on our part.

Alyster, if you had left with class you wouldn't be in such a situation. However, you forced our hand after the nonsense you pulled. The first time you left, you left because you refused to attack people we had removed from our AA and those people had been given notice of what they had to do to stay in our AA. These people were then given a week's notice afterward (a total of 27 days so there were no excuses of not logging on) to get off our AA or be forced off. They did not so they were deemed ghosts.

Wait, wait, that's why she left the first time? Seriously? I'm beginning to see what puts Sparta in the wrong here - accepting her back to begin with.

When did Andrewbw leave? Anyway, not really the point. I get what Alyster is saying about not liking the climate in Sparta being a fairly recent departer myself, but obviously this was not the way to handle it. We will never know precisely what the image in question was, but given that Alyster has not disputed the reported content, I am pretty sure I am happy not seeing it.

On the flip side though, when I checked this morning there was still at least one war active against Alyster, and I can understand why he brought this into the open seeing as he was essentially being warred by an entire AA. Unfortunately for him, Sparta showed up in force, stopped warring him, and he had no moral high ground to stand on. Consequently nobody cares. But in the end, he's off the AA, and the wars are over. Ugly, but it's done with.

On a side note, what does a picture of a woman killing herself or an abused child represent about yourself? It honestly seems like you are trying to hide behind the aegis of freedom of expression when really your goal seems to have been shocking and disgusting. I find it hard to believe there was anything other than that that you were trying to express to Sparta.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I've said it before, anyone interested in the picture PM me. What can I do about it alone if 10 different spartans come here talking about some major insolts, not disputing anything. Simply saying one thing over and over again.

Anyhow my last post.

BTW Andrew left some time ago to tF.

On the flip side though, when I checked this morning there was still at least one war active against Alyster, and I can understand why he brought this into the open seeing as he was essentially being warred by an entire AA. Unfortunately for him, Sparta showed up in force, stopped warring him, and he had no moral high ground to stand on. Consequently nobody cares. But in the end, he's off the AA, and the wars are over. Ugly, but it's done with.

It's already been established that the war was ended for reasons completely unrelated to alyster's appearance in this forum. Please reference my previous posts for clarification.