Is this normal?

alyster

I've been having arguments in my now former alliance for some time now. Today I decided to leave. I told them quite frankly "I don't like it here, I dont like Sparta."

2 mins after that I got a DoW. Now I'm being rolled.

I seriously reccomend not to join Sparta. It's impossible to resign.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends on how long ago you resigned. Usually, alliances should give a day or two for the member who left to get the alliance's AA out of the nation's AA. However, you mentioned you had been having arguments with these people for a while. I'm guessing they didn't give you any time for that very reason. It was actually quite rude of them.

Yeah well in two mins after posting resignation I didn't manage to pick out the new alliance anymore. I'm banned from Sparta's forum aswell :huh:

My mistake was not switching to peace mode I must admit. Any spartan should be at peace mode at all times, not to get caught by the purges, but that's not a topic needed to discuss

Edited by alyster

Yeah well in two mins after posting resignation I didn't manage to pick out the new alliance anymore. I'm banned from Sparta's forum aswell :huh:

My mistake was not switching to peace mode I must admit. Any spartan should be at peace mode at all times, not to get caught by the purges, but that's not a topic needed to discuss

Having a signature of a woman committing suicide and an avatar of an abused child is offensive and in my opinion is ban worthy.

Wearing and posting offensive material all over our forums before you resign isn't going to make you any friends. On top of that, you were ghosting Sparta's AA, and as such we have a right to declare hostilities.
Having a signature of a woman committing suicide and an avatar of an abused child is offensive and in my opinion is ban worthy.
Offensive images on our new forums is never going to end well.

Two questions.

1. Was the offender warned about this ahead of time and advised to alter behavior?

2. Does Sparta officially take the stance that someone on the AA for a total of two minutes post-resignation is ghosting and therefore open to attack?

Wearing and posting offensive material all over our forums before you resign isn't going to make you any friends. On top of that, you were ghosting Sparta's AA, and as such we have a right to declare hostilities.

While I can understand banning him for offensive material on your forums (I would have most likely done the same thing), shouldn't Sparta allow a couple of days for him to change AAs before declaring? Or at least give some kinda warning first?

Two questions.

1. Was the offender warned about this ahead of time and advised to alter behavior?

2. Does Sparta officially take the stance that someone on the AA for a total of two minutes post-resignation is ghosting and therefore open to attack?

1) Nope.

2) Everyone on the AA Sparta is open to attack by Sparta. It's our AA. He's off of it now, and he'll probably get peace.

Two questions.

He was given 10 minutes, actually :v:

Well I have to say Unholy, you've certainly earnt your Ghostbuster of the Year prize now. Congrats!

So we have a Sparta member who got into an argument with other Sparta members, eventually became angry enough to post some possibly offensive (more likely simply tasteless) images and resigned, and a few minutes later was attacked for being a ghost. This is followed by OWRP posts from Sparta members justifying the attack as normal.

Not exactly a good recruiting poster there, Sparta. <_<

I wore this sig for all night. It's 6AM so the night has been long. No one said anything. I used the Spam Shack so my posts were viewable, my posts were replied by WtD the king of Sparta, some ephors and elders aswell. So no one had the problem. It became a problem when I posted it here. I understand Viv has removed the link from here, very well. Although personally I do admire gotic art, anything "dark" and serious. I'm not the best person with photoshop but I didn't want to post simply horror pictures but make a sig with a point. Point was about how I felt. Like it said "The blody Spartan that you hate. Alyster". I was not notified of it being inaproriate, I didn't make it to be inapropriate against Sparta it was my expression of feelings. People are just very very mad at me.

Judging by this thread the dude probably deserved the attack. But don't try and call it ghost-busting, guys. Just say he was an offensive dick and you hit him because of that. Otherwise you're just opening the door to a whole slew of arguments about whether he was really a ghost or was about to change AA or blahblahblah most of which should really be irrelevant to the fact that he was an offensive dick.