Ragnarok Announcement

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why any alliance should choose to be neutral at this point. It didn't work out for GPA in an unipolar environment, and it didn't work out for TDO in a multipolar environment, it seems. :huh:

Maybe it didn't work out for them at the time, but as far as I know, it's still working for them right now. ;)

Either way/// the last truth is Neutrality doesn't work in CN, just makes you a bigger target.

Well no, it works clearly. In some cases it makes you a bigger target yes, and again GPA is an excellent example, if the dice all fall the right way as they did in the events leading up to the Woodstock Massacre. But then again, look at Grey Council. They're not a big target by any means. If anything, they're the beacon of neutrality. Look how often they show up on these forums.

This bush you're beating round sure is getting boring.

Mind getting to the point of this cancellation?

I heartily agree with Johnny. You can't dangle drama in front of our faces then snatch it away! That's just cruel... <_<

Though I have this strange feeling of deja vu... :popcorn:

Good luck to our friends at RoK.

o/

?

Like this doesn't involve us... We are the common demoninator between FEAR and Rok, who both happen to withdraw from the TDO DoGN within days of each other. We also are known to have history with TDO as well.

I see no point in being coy about this. Withdrawing from the treaty was meant as a warning for TDO that if they did not make the amends they themselves offered, then they would in fact be punished for their misdeeds.

However, things seem to be calming down, and TDO looks to be on track to meeting their obligations to make peace. So it looks like this might be over before it begins.

It's a shame really... I already had come up with a good name. Now it looks like there won't be a War of Neutral Aggression.

Edited by Yuurei

?

Like this doesn't involve us... We are the common demoninator between FEAR and Rok, who both happen to withdraw from the TDO DoGN within days of each other. We also are known to have history with TDO as well.

I see no point in being coy about this. Withdrawing from the treaty was meant as a warning for TDO that if they did not make the amends they themselves offered, then they would in fact be punished for their misdeeds.

However, things seem to be calming down, and TDO looks to be on track to meeting their obligations to make peace. So it looks like this might be over before it begins.

It's a shame really... I already had come up with a good name. Now it looks like there won't be a War of Neutral Aggression.

I didn't want to make too public the reasons until it was certain whether or not TDO would meet their terms, which is why I chose to make the statement I did. Apparently, the paste bin I told ratonbox to delete didn't get deleted however, and so it is news to all.

Point of the matter is that ADI simply wants TDO to leave us be. Their MoD did not respect that, and after repeated harassment we asked that he be removed. TDO is currently being cooperative with their terms at the moment and have met 2/3 of the terms they agreed to. When the final 1/3 is met, I'll be making a more formal post acknowledging the end of this conflict, and the resolution of peace.

:lol1: This is funny. I just kind of view the whole thing as an ex-TDO member who got pissy, made his own alliance and freaks out and calls for WAR! every time the "big mean bullies" come and make fun of him. So then he gets all big and tough, hides behind his allies as meat shields, runs around and calls TDO evil, all over something incredibly stupid.

HERE is the "harassment" by the way.

Last I heard of TDO, they were apologizing for having a member send tech to an MK member (who bought tech from TDO) during war. In fact, and this is pretty awesome, they were so apologetic, that they acquiesced to a TPF request for tech because it violated their neutrality. Are you saying the skittish/limp-dicked alliance I once knew is trying to grow a pair of balls?

Neutrals: Who needs them?

Well they claim thats not it, but I don't think anyone has seen any proof aside from that one.

Actually, this has been going on for months. TDO has "given their word" that they will leave ADI alone on several occassions in the past when ADI was still a protectorate of RoK. For whatever reason, they have decided to repeatedly harrass ADI and just cannot let go.

Despite being our ally, we did not just support them blindly. We made multiple requests for TDO to show us what ADI did to deserve such harrassment, to give us their side of the story, and to sit down and talk with us in regards to the matter so we can help sort it all out. Thus far, we've largely been ignored and have only seen evidence from ADI.

This particular issue been going on for a week now and we've worked hard to avoid any bloodshed over this. Even if TDO had responded quickly to this isue and resolved it right when it happened, we still would have removed ourselves from their DoN for repeatedly harrassing our former protectorate and current ally.

Actually, this has been going on for months. TDO has "given their word" that they will leave ADI alone on several occassions in the past when ADI was still a protectorate of RoK. For whatever reason, they have decided to repeatedly harrass ADI and just cannot let go.

Um, proof?

I have a difficult time being anything but skeptical during the lead up to a potential rolling, but I get the sense that both parties are being fairly reasonable about this. Hopefully this won't come to blows.

Um, proof?

No Goriathor of the Greenland Republic ... you are not involved and therefore no one is required to prove anything to you nor is there a need for you to be privy to such information.

I know this won't be popular, but I find it laughable when people that have nothing to do with any of the alliances involved start demanding proof as if it is their right. Get your drama fix elsewhere and just know that we've removed our names from this document for good reason. If you do not believe that, then that is your issue and not ours.

No Goriathor of the Greenland Republic ... you are not involved and therefore no one is required to prove anything to you nor is there a need for you to be privy to such information.

I know this won't be popular, but I find it laughable when people that have nothing to do with any of the alliances involved start demanding proof as if it is their right. Get your drama fix elsewhere and just know that we've removed our names from this document for good reason. If you do not believe that, then that is your issue and not ours.

Not appeasing the masses. +1 for Hoo.

Edit: I'm being entirely serious, in case anyone thinks otherwise.

Edited by Lord of Destruction

Hehe I should prolly take the GR thingy off, I'm not one of em. Any who, thank you for basically deflecting your lack of an answer back on to me ;)

Hehe I should prolly take the GR thingy off, I'm not one of em. Any who, thank you for basically deflecting your lack of an answer back on to me ;)

And you're welcome, you should now understand that it's none of your concern and your level of curiosity does not matter to me or anyone else actually involved. ;)

Edit: holy crap, I butchered that!

Edited by Van Hoo III

We made it public that we have removed ourselves from the DoN for harrassing an ally as it is our policy to announce such things. That does not require detailed logs, screenshots, and other proof of why we did so. I understand and accept the curiosity, I do not accept demands or requests for more information from uninvolved parties.