Ragnarok Announcement

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I think threads like this need to be spiced up. If I had a dollar for every time someone used the line 'sad but necessary' I'd have enough to fund an infra jump. Or two. The Cyberverse would be so much more interesting if people had the balls to state the reasons for their treaty cancellations. If you're not prepared to do that, I suppose I'll have to do it for you.

This log is public information and is available on !@#$%* at the following link: http://!@#$%*.com/m707db85

There is also a secondary log where the person makes changes to the log, at the following link: http://!@#$%*.com/!@#$%*.php?diff=m707db85

[14:53] <LordTri[TDO]> Well I have come to somewhat of a compromise with Mopar.

[14:53] <LordTri[TDO]> I informed him I would speak to you about it.

[14:54] <Warbuck[ADI]> Ok

[14:55] <LordTri[TDO]> ADI wants ARCHEIN to pay for his actions. TDO acknowledges that ARCHEIN's actions were juvenile, but not a cause for war, nor his total removal from power.

[14:56] <Warbuck[ADI]> If he is not removed from his government positions, it is a show that TDO supports his actions, and war will be declared.

[14:56] <Warbuck[ADI]> That IS the compromise

[14:56] <Warbuck[ADI]> What we started with was wanting him ZIed

[14:56] <LordTri[TDO]> THIS is a compromise.

[14:56] <Warbuck[ADI]> Tell ARCHEIN to look at the cancellations on the DoGN

[14:56] <Warbuck[ADI]> and to look at what he's done

[14:57] <LordTri[TDO]> Will you please listen to me Warbuck.

[14:57] <Warbuck[ADI]> ok... I'm listening

[14:57] <LordTri[TDO]> I am trying to avoid war by appeasing both sides of the fence. You claim you do not want war, and yet you are not allowing me to do what I do best and that is compromise.

[14:58] <LordTri[TDO]> Now:

[14:58] <LordTri[TDO]> TDO will acknowledge the wrong-doings of ARCHEIN.

[14:58] <LordTri[TDO]> ARCHEIN will make a public apology before ADI.

While also pledging to never do anything of the sort again.

[15:00] <LordTri[TDO]> TDO will put, in writing this time, that if ARCHEIN ever commits any action of the sort again (i.e. messages, incinuations, etc.) he will be removed from power, and handed directly to ADI.

[15:00] <LordTri[TDO]> TDO is trying to keep a member who has done much for TDO within its ranks.

[15:01] <LordTri[TDO]> I find these terms much more reasonable.

15:01] <Warbuck[ADI]> Well, we aren't telling you to remove him from TDO

[15:01] <Warbuck[ADI]> just from power...

[15:01] <Warbuck[ADI]> let me see what my people think

[15:01] <Warbuck[ADI]> if they don't like it, they don't like it.

[15:01] <Warbuck[ADI]> if they like it

[15:01] <Warbuck[ADI]> we'll move on it

[15:02] <LordTri[TDO]> But in this case, if he $%&@s up again, he is not only removed from power, but all of you get to have your way with him.#

[15:03] <LordTri[TDO]> If ADI wants war, there is nothing any diplomat can do to stop it. This is a reasonable middle ground, and it is your call. While your people may call for war, they may not understand the severity of war with TDO.

[15:05] <Warbuck[ADI]> Well, I will talk to them.

[15:06] <LordTri[TDO]> Do these terms seem unreasonable?

[15:07] <Warbuck[ADI]> Yes and no

[15:07] <Warbuck[ADI]> we were given these promises last time.

Edited by The Lonely Man

After seeing FEAR's cancellation, I had flashbacks of the leadup to the Continuum's mass tech harvest at the hands of the GPA. I was hoping it was an isolated incident, but now I see a second cancellation.

TDO I only hope you can fix whatever problems have caused these cancellations. Ragnarok was one of the few alliances who remained a signatory to the GPA DoN when the majority of alliances sat back to watch the wolves devour them.

[15:00] <LordTri[TDO]> TDO will put, in writing this time, that if ARCHEIN ever commits any action of the sort again (i.e. messages, incinuations, etc.) he will be removed from power, and handed directly to ADI.

[15:03] <LordTri[TDO]> If ADI wants war, there is nothing any diplomat can do to stop it. This is a reasonable middle ground, and it is your call. While your people may call for war, they may not understand the severity of war with TDO.

Nice work Lonely Man. Unfortunately it still doesn't say what Archein has done though. I personally think removing people from their government positions is poor form, but I suppose that depends what he's done.

lmao

If you roll TDO, please don't dogpile them like the Continuum did to GPA, or extract absurd reparation amounts like the Continuum did. I mean, the former Continuum will call it the Woodstock Massacre Part Two either way, but it'll make it a whole lot easier for me and others like me to show them the ignorance of their ways.

SPQR was a part of the woodstock massacre, and it was one of the alliances merged into ragnarok.

They, as well as NPO, IRON, TPF, TOP, FOK, NATO, Valhalla, VE, Umbrella, 64Digits, LION and everyone who removed their signatures from the DoN are to blame for it.

TDO, cybernations is a war game and realpolitik comes into play here.

If you are not allied to anyone, everyone sees you as a potential enemy.

People also like to wage war, and they will do so whenever there isnt a higher threat at the moment.

I was a member of GPA prior to this taking place, and I can honestly tell you that everything was attempted to appease the aggressors and fix the situation, and all the effort was irrelevant.

My advice to you is to get friends. Fast.

There has never been an aqua on aqua war and we're not out to make history here. Having said that, our allies are more important than color sphere politics. We, obviously, hope for a peaceful resolution but even if that happens we still could not keep our name on this document when an alliance harrasses an ally and tries to hide behind it.

I'm sure Farkistan actually declaread war on another aqua alliance over botched tech deals once. Cannot find a link to it for the life of me though.

Well there are many thruth's that are indisputable in this thread....

1. TDO should go get friends...fast...
  2. When an alliance wants war, they will get it...
  3. TDO has an invisible ally ? Secret treaty partner ? (the "you underestimate TDO's abilities" part of the logs...

Either way/// the last truth is Neutrality doesn't work in CN, just makes you a bigger target.

thatsracist.gif

For some reason i always think theyre purple....

You would Wicked :P

Maybe in their world mistreating an alliance is an act of neutrality? Too bad for them RoK doesn't think so.

Miss you Kait

If you roll TDO, please don't dogpile them like the Continuum did to GPA, or extract absurd reparation amounts like the Continuum did. I mean, the former Continuum will call it the Woodstock Massacre Part Two either way, but it'll make it a whole lot easier for me and others like me to show them the ignorance of their ways.

Not one other person brought hegemony up till you I think your getting paranoid these days archon. Im still waiting for that chat sometime :P

RoK generally has good reasons for cancellation, while Hoo and I may not see eye to eye on some things hes always been a straight up dude.

If the logs posted earlier are true it is poor form in trying to remove a member of Govt. Take the compromise and move on or if its blood you want get too it.

****I await comments from certain individuals on this post see if im right******

Edited by Buds The Man

If the logs posted earlier are true it is poor form in trying to remove a member of Govt. Take the compromise and move on or if its blood you want get too it.

It depends on what the member of gov did. If they did something worthy of being attacked, then demotion is a compromise.

EDIT: Being neutral does not necessarily mean being innocent.

Edited by Canik

It depends on what the member of gov did. If they did something worthy of being attacked, then demotion is a compromise.

EDIT: Being neutral does not necessarily mean being innocent.

If that member of Govt deserves to be removed it should be up to the membership to remove him not a term of compromise. If the membership wish to retain him in govt then that is also their choice and should he screw up again will be held responsible.

If that member of Govt deserves to be removed it should be up to the membership to remove him not a term of compromise. If the membership wish to retain him in govt then that is also their choice and should he screw up again will be held responsible.

Removing government members is one of the traditional ways that alliances have to show that they do not support that government member's actions.