NPO -NpO Relations

eliteterabyte

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to largely think of NpO as just a colony of NPO, although I think they've earned their freedom from that associations as long as they don't just go ahead and ally NPO again.

Whoa, it's like 2006 all over again!

Uh yeah definitely not the most objective source of information for anything remotely NPO related.

I actually gave a full multi-hour history lesson in #Polaris a few months ago detailing the various breakdowns and major conflicts between The Orders. Even Moo had no issues with my objectivity 90% of the time. But what would I know. I just had a major role in the relationship between Polar and the NPO from the Fall of 2006 until the Summer of 2008.

Also screw you, Lennox!

Edited by RandomInterrupt

Weird is about the only word that can even come close to summing it up... though that's a bit of an understatement.

They seem to have this odd love-hate thing going on right now, like a divorced couple or (the analogy they might prefer) estranged brothers.

Ok so I am a nation of 100 days old

No your not...cmon..tell us the truth.

I just usually kinda chill around but I've been reading the wiki to try to get an idea of what's went on in the history of CN

Yeah I bet....

Now my question is was NpO ever the puppet of NPO when they controlled Red team and there attempt to also gain control of blue

This argument again...!, they always come back dont they :D

since NPO also founded NpO

I believe, though I may be wrong, that it is infact Ivan that founded NpO. May be besides the point given that Ivan was the head of NPO at the time but its the little things that count. :D

This is a bit off-topic, but I've always wondered what former NAACer's take on their Polar emigration is; how did things go, stories about the transition, etc.

I've always felt that this is an interesting albeit untapped chronicle in Bob history.

talk to Grub :awesome:

This is a bit off-topic, but I've always wondered what former NAACer's take on their Polar emigration is; how did things go, stories about the transition, etc.

I've always felt that this is an interesting albeit untapped chronicle in Bob history.

Try asking Grub.

No your not...cmon..tell us the truth.

Yeah I bet....

This argument again...!, they always come back dont they :D

I believe, though I may be wrong, that it is infact Ivan that founded NpO. May be besides the point given that Ivan was the head of NPO at the time but its the little things that count. :D

I am exactly 136 days old as of this post I just picked rough number didn't know it was such a big deal :P

Also my motives are as I explained nothing more then boredom and curiosity

Also this wasn't an agrument the few articles I found prior to this topic gave the impression of NpO as more of a puppet until recently

Also I figured since Ivan was leader of NPO as well that he was found NpO for his alliance

Some hated it, and some made peace with it. Others (like Assington) decided it was a really cool and joined up.
I am exactly 136 days old as of this post I just picked rough number didn't know it was such a big deal :P

Also my motives are as I explained nothing more then boredom and curiosity

Also this wasn't an agrument the few articles I found prior to this topic gave the impression of NpO as more of a puppet until recently

Also I figured since Ivan was leader of NPO as well that he was found NpO for his alliance

I'd say the only time NpO was ever directly subordinate to NPO was the few weeks when Ivan was running both alliances. After Ivan stepped down Polar was a fairly independent junior partner until the creation of the Polar MDP web during the run-up to the UJW. Edited by Fallen_Fool

I think that the experts on this topic could type all day and still not get you all the information on it.

Pretty much. The reason there isn't more information posted is it has to be brief and partial. The reality is the relationship between the two Orders took place from May of 2006 onwards and is full of minor and major events, some of which are not even agreed upon by both parties. It's a long history and we are still seeing it all play out. Some of us have spent a long time documenting everything but the fact is there is no authoritative source or chronicle. Perhaps someday there will be when parties from both alliances can tell the truth without political impact.

Pretty much. The reason there isn't more information posted is it has to be brief and partial. The reality is the relationship between the two Orders took place from May of 2006 onwards and is full of minor and major events, some of which are not even agreed upon by both parties. It's a long history and we are still seeing it all play out. Some of us have spent a long time documenting everything but the fact is there is no authoritative source or chronicle. Perhaps someday there will be when parties from both alliances can tell the truth without political impact.
Also because even without political ramifications personal perceptions will probably differ pretty extensively and the egos of some of the individuals involved won't allow them to admit error :P

I played a role in naming the alliance (which Ivan originally wanted as New Pacific Order - Blue... terrible). Anyway, Polaris is a smashing success and helped bring stability to the Blue team; certainly a worthwhile venture. Pacifica hopes to accomplish something similar on Red someday :awesome:

I played a role in naming the alliance (which Ivan originally wanted as New Pacific Order - Blue... terrible). Anyway, Polaris is a smashing success and helped bring stability to the Blue team; certainly a worthwhile venture. Pacifica hopes to accomplish something similar on Red someday :awesome:
Truly you are both the voice of a generation and lyrical genius. Bravo.

RandomInterrupt is correct in this regard. No one but the Orders would know how their relations stand. Much can be said when VE was forced to disband, not everyone knows the entire picture except a few people.

It is impossible to know everything that goes on between two alliances, regardless of their origins or passing; nor is it anyone else's business. Yes we can endlessly speculate what goes on but in reality, we would never truly know. Half truths, lies, and gossip can only carry one so far.

I seem to also remember how things of this nature caused a war or two, but then again, I'm kinda old on this game.

RandomInterrupt is correct in this regard. No one but the Orders would know how their relations stand. Much can be said when VE was forced to disband, not everyone knows the entire picture except a few people.

It is impossible to know everything that goes on between two alliances, regardless of their origins or passing; nor is it anyone else's business. Yes we can endlessly speculate what goes on but in reality, we would never truly know. Half truths, lies, and gossip can only carry one so far.

I seem to also remember how things of this nature caused a war or two, but then again, I'm kinda old on this game.

If I wasn't lazy, I'd write a book one day.

Aside from some history and some of the older members being former Pacificans there is not much in common with Pacifica and Polaris.

They are now two completely separate alliances with different ideas and ways of doing things.

They have the same founding father and started with the same idea, but they have evolved very differently since then. And now they are different in many ways like so many other former colonies are to their founding nations.