NPO -NpO Relations

eliteterabyte

Ok so I am a nation of 100 days old I just usually kinda chill around but I've been reading the wiki to try to get an idea of what's went on in the history of CN and something I have never gotten is The New Polar Order and The New Pacific Order's relation ship. Now from what I gathered at one point they were closely allied and obv have some kind of relation as they both share The NPO thing. Now my question is was NpO ever the puppet of NPO when they controlled Red team and there attempt to also gain control of blue ? Just maybe some history as I find it interesting. and maybe how and why the split occurred especially since NPO also founded NpO

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see if I can do a tldr:

NPO/NpO joined at the hip

NpO defeats a lot of NPO allies in the Unjust war (sept. 07)

Cold war/gradual worsening of relations

NPO breaks ties with NpO after lots of controversy

NpO rolled by Citadel & allies (Aug. 08)

NPO & NpO sign a new treaty

Karma war: relations worsen again, NpO cancels treaty.

Post-Karma: Drama over alleged NPO spying on NpO, relations still bad.

Edited by Azaghul

i can get no one wanting to write it lmao seems like it'd be very long maybe if someone pointed in in the right direction of wiki topics ?

If you want a quick skimming of the most important points in the division, read the Moldavi Rebellion and the Pacifica-Polaris Dispute (as well as De Profundis and Comrades... as they are central to the "Pacifica-Polaris Dispute"). No guarantees on those articles being unbiased though.

Have a look on the wiki under the NoCB war/War of the Coalition. After reading that, and all sorts of links that jump off that, you should get the general idea of it. But Lennox's advice would be a good way to go

Let's see if I can do a tldr:

NPO/NpO joined at the hip

NpO defeats a lot of NPO allies in the Unjust war (sept. 07)

Cold war/gradual worsening of relations

NPO breaks ties with NpO after lots of controversy

NpO rolled by Citadel & allies (Aug. 08)

NPO & NpO sign a new treaty

Karma war: relations worsen again, NpO cancels treaty.

Post-Karma: Drama over alleged NPO spying on NpO, relations still bad.

Thats about all you need. there was a few coups in there but this is the notecards version

NpO started off as an insult to NAAC, who was NPO's enemy back in the day. Created for Pacifica to have a basic colony on blue, and gather more blue members than NAAC.

Blah blah blah, year later after some wars, Ivan Moldavi (Founder of NPO and NpO) is expelled for attempting a coup of Emperor Trotsky. NpO supported Ivan's coup, and this started the real rift between the Orders. NpO starts the Unjust War without NPO. More hurt feelings.

Fast forward to WotC, NpO's Emperor Sponge starts flames a bunch of allies, including NPO. NpO gets dropped out of the One Vision bloc. NPO affirms that the OoO (NPO and NpO MADP) will never be canceled on June 24th, 2008. Eventually everyone cancels all treaties with NpO except for a few close allies.

July 4th, AlmightyGrub takes control of NpO after Sponge's absence. NPO cancels the OoO regardless. Month later, NpO and allies get stomped by a giant coalition led by Citadel and Co. War ends, NpO pays extreme reps, NPO lays down secret terms for NpO, which restricts much of NpO's former government from ever having a position again. Relations are at an extreme low, and there is much animosity towards NPO.

Fast forward to after reps, NpO and NPO ally up again in hopes of keeping the relationship alive.

Pre Karma War, NPO flames NpO for temporarily suspending the treaty. Treaty is then cancelled. NPO and Co are rolled after giant war.

Post Karma, NpO discovers another NPO spy, Ursarkar. Relations come to another low.

Basically now NpO is completely independent from NPO.

Edited by Ninja Colt

16 installments:

1. NPO existed.

2. Moldavi took over NPO, killed the NAAC and $%&@ed up the Blue team.

3. Moldavi decided Blue team needed to be stabilized in order to prevent a real resurgent NAAC, so he founded NpO and sent Tygaland, Electron Sponge, TheMightyPump, and Nuevo Mawkistan to go and take control of !@#$.

4. Moldavi decided running two alliances sucks, so he steps down as Emperor of NpO in favor of Tygaland.

5. Tygaland nukes Duffman, starts GWI, and everyone has a jolly old time.

6. Electron Sponge takes over NpO after Tygaland steps down for RL reasons, and Moldavi steps down soon thereafter as leader of NPO in favor of Dilber.

7. Sponge and Dilber, and Dilber's successor Moo, have a great time for many months crushing League/Aegis/FAN skulls as The Order, although personality clashes still flair up from time to time.

8. Sponge and his supporters break with Moo and his supporters over a policy regarding the Unjust Path, Moldavi's removal of Moo as leader of NPO, and then Moo's counter-removal of Moldavi.

9. Despite Sponge stepping down soon therafter in favor of Assington, The Order effectively dies as a real working relationship, but the facade is maintained for many months due to political concerns.

10. Assington steps down in favor of Sponge due to an inability to juggle both CN and RL pressures; tensions between NpO and NPO are increased dramatically.

11. NpO under Sponge and NPO under Moo suffer a second, larger break.

12. In face of Sponge's lack of leadership and questionable decision-making, Polaris leadership and old guard remove Sponge from control and replace him with AlmightyGrub.

13. NpO and NPO reconilce somewhat, and AlmightyGrub and Moo establish a strained, but working relationship.

14. Relationship fails to improve significantly on multiple levels due to deep tensions between both alliances and several major events; NpO and NPO still sign a treaty in hopes that it will kick start relations.

15. Said treaty is suspended and then cancelled during the Karma War.

16. NpO and NPO cease having any kind of deep, official relationship.

Edited by Fallen_Fool

People forget the Moldavi Rebellion, which caused a rift between NpO and NPO, because Sponge supported Ivan in his attempt to reclaim the throne of NPO. Moo was a weak leader and needed to be replaced. Logs of the conversations between Sponge, BlackAdder, Ivan and Moo in which they persuaded Moo to step down were published a year later, shortly before the cancellation of the OoO, which distressed Moo because they contained real life, personal information on him. Sponge countered that NPO would have claimed that he'd edited the logs if he removed these references.