1,188 days and ive finally found a nuke

rishnokof

been nuked 30 odd times, led two alliances as a hippie without nukes. finally got one, and i can go rogue like a big boy! (not that i would ever go rogue :rolleyes: )

$%&@ you WJ :lol1:

oh yeah, so this thread has some purpose ... share all your nukularr stories, the good the bad, the glowing ...

I'm right there with you. Never had a nuke until about... 11 days ago and my nation is now 1,188 days old

So, I basically beat you, or lost to you, by 11 days. Sad.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look no further than Matt Miller. he was #1 wasnt he? hes back in the top 5 now but during the war he was nowhere near it

I don't think he ever dropped that low. It's 73k NS to be in the top 5% now. He wasn't that low. His tech alone would have kept him there not to mention his military holdings, and leftover land and infra.

I went nuclear before the Continuum-GPA war by the 5% rule. It was about 51K then. I did a 10 day back collect and dropped a donation on the last day of a month and the first day of the next month. I bought like 200 infra and got 400 infra from donation bonuses. I didn't have a WC at the time, so I was virtually bill-locked. Good times. It took me a year and a half to get nukes.

I was first nuked during UJP war and was also nuke rogued on by someone during the Continuum-GPA and Continuum-NoV wars.

I've been nuked. True story.

I nuked someone. True story.

Congrats on your nuke, they're fun.

This happened to me too bro.

I ate my first nuke in the UjW, was at 5.2% (so 2% away from being nuke capable, this was before wonders came out so no MP), and i rebuilt in a few months and got my first nuke which i used on a rogue.

It was fun.

Then I gave out like 20 nukes in the Karma war and took about 12 (only fought for 2 weeks).

That was fun too.

Edit: clarity

Edited by Caliph

Got my first nuclear missiles during the Karma war, as noted in my bio. Slightly used, shall we say. Felt a little frustrating, since I didn't have much to send on my part, aside from rebuilding military and defending myself. Oh well.

Got my first new ones about three weeks ago. Haven't fired them in anger yet for some reason. And an SDI. Maybe I can spring a surprise inspection of it.

Schatt? is that you? :P

Moral of the story from this thread: Dont rely on the stupid top 5%

Indeed. I never thought the nuke threshhold would reach 24kNS or so..that's about where I was prewar.

Bought nukes during GWII, because we sorta weren't neutral any more and nukes used to be one hell of a dangerous stick towards your opponents (None of my adversaries had any so it would have been insta-win if GW II went nuclear).

Nuked a few people in WotC although it took until Karma War for someone to nuked me (Irishwolf of BAPS).

This happened to me too bro.

I ate my first nuke in the UjW, was at 5.2% (so 2% away from being nuke capable, this was before wonders came out so no MP), and i rebuilt in a few months and got my first nuke which i used on a rogue.

It was fun.

Then I gave out like 20 nukes in the Karma war and took about 12 (only fought for 2 weeks).

That was fun too.

Edit: clarity

who the hell gave lolpink nukes? This needs to be fixed...

I'm 906 days old and I've never had nukes. Got nuked 7 times during the Karma War by the NPO.

Hell, I've never broken 25K NS. The GATO-1V War and the noCB/Vox Resistance alone have kept me in or around ZI for a total time period of 7 months.

I'm 906 days old and I've never had nukes. Got nuked 7 times during the Karma War by the NPO.

Hell, I've never broken 25K NS. The GATO-1V War and the noCB/Vox Resistance alone have kept me in or around ZI for a total time period of 7 months.

Excuses. People like you are the reason why GATO was so widely hailed and WAE.

Excuses. People like you are the reason why GATO was so widely hailed and WAE.

Yes, the people like me, who don't give a damn about pixls/infra/tech/NS and who leave the safety of their alliances to rush headlong into not one, two, but three unwinnable wars and have a blast doing it. Yes, those people, who also happen to meet new people, make friends, and experience different alliance cultures and communities during their stupid way of playing the game. People who play like me could never possiblility have any fun in this game.

Look no further than Matt Miller. he was #1 wasnt he? hes back in the top 5 now but during the war he was nowhere near it

IIRC, Matt Miller was indeed still in the top 5% due to tech. I know that even at ZI and ZL and No military I'd be in top 5% just due to tech alone because of the multiplier. That was also the case when tech multiplier was 25. Since tech also deteriorates at a lower rate then Infra/Land during war you can manage to hold onto the top 5% while being a tech heavy nation much longer then the raiders who are land whores or the hippies who are infra whores.

I bought my MHP pretty much as soon as it was put into the game, I'm fairly certain I've had nukes longer than 99% of the outside of the top 5% population, I'm proud of that. Also my SDI is now a whopping 2/15 blocking nukes, I told the operators that they'd be shot if they didn't pick it up, but I decided to nuke them instead.

I've been nuked 20 times in coming up on 3 years of playing with my current nation. I've delivered twice as many as those of course...and I've had nukes since my first year of playing...been Zi'd twice as well among other things.

I've also got every military wonder in the game minus the Fallout Shelter due to it's uselessness.

Fake Edit - I actually have the exact date I was nuked and delivered my first nuke...it was at the same time. July 9th 2008; Yummy memories.

IIRC, Matt Miller was indeed still in the top 5% due to tech. I know that even at ZI and ZL and No military I'd be in top 5% just due to tech alone because of the multiplier. That was also the case when tech multiplier was 25. Since tech also deteriorates at a lower rate then Infra/Land during war you can manage to hold onto the top 5% while being a tech heavy nation much longer then the raiders who are land whores or the hippies who are infra whores.

I'm pretty sure he literally meant the top 5, not the top 5% ;)

At least I can say I got my nukes before Rish.

Kinda a neccessity, I thought, being the leader of an alliance makes you a big fat target (I think I will become a fatter one as time goes on - I just need to find people to piss off more, any suggestions?).

Now to get my WRC as my first wonder of 2010, exactly a year after I started buying wonders and tech. Mmmh nice.