Was peace desired?

DogeWilliam

Are you happy with the outcome of the STA/Kronos crisis?  

374 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd like to ask planet bob this question. It seems that cooler heads have prevailed. Leadership on all sides skillfully leading us away from the abyss. That being said, it seems to me that the majority of players would rather have had a war. Is this true? Is war what was wanted?

I am merely curious about how people stand on this, and certainly don't mean this thread to be about trolling. STA and Kronos are both alliances I admire.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hazard this poll is on the verge of silliness since it's well known that everyone loves spectating for a war but not many actually enjoy fighting / losing a war.

Considering the treaty web, and the fact that big wars with big names will inevitably draw in alliances who have no business being there, I'm fairly confident in saying this thing would have been global.

Edited by DogeWilliam

Considering the treaty web, and the fact that big wars with big names will inevitably draw in alliances who have no business being there, I'm fairly confident in saying this thing would have been global.

I'm sorry, did the word "mandatory" suddenly regain actual meaning while I was away?

Well.

Call it a paradox.

While looking it from one perspective it was cooler heads prevail, doing the right thing, ration prevails, peace diplomacy saves the day, and as such understandable, nice, constructive all around resolution which you cant really criticize (as some tried, political in game agenda) and can only qualify as good politics, at the same time from another aspect it was a terrible move for many, and troublesome move looking at the trend lately.

Why?

Because players want some war, some big shake up from time to time without a too much of a wait in between. They want the drama llama, something to get upset at, something to go berserk at. The thing is that, if everybody does the good, reasonable, right thing all the time, never trying to roll play a bit tougher, dramatical, then we can shut down the game right now. After Athens backpedaled last week frantically, trying to fix an error by trying to do the "right thing" later on combined with latest events, and because a lot of current in game top dogs towards which the roll of protagonist are naturally proscribed are quite inactive, and very much trying most of the time just to do the right thing however it is perceived at the moment, players can start to wonder if anything really dramatic will happen in any reasonable and desired quantity and continuity in the game in the future. Big in game war/s will happen, no doubt, but entire political scene would be much more fun and engaged in meanwhile if looking as best as one could wasn't so literally attempted by so many with no twist to the story.

Edited by Branimir

I think something trivial and relatively straightforward would be a better CB to initiate a nice big war over than something complicated. Hopefully it would lead to less grandstanding and more straight-up fighting.

Every war is going to have its grandstanding, sadly...especially those who arent even fighting. (hi btw)

Anyway. lots of people have friends who go rogue and usually get a slot on said rogue(present company included) to get some land/tech and it usually only results in the friend being asked to peace out and everyone goes about their merry little ways. i laughed when i heard Tyga wanted reps for a rogue

The issue between STA and Kronos was pretty boring in my opinion. A war would be nice sooner or later, but personally I'd much rather it stem from something that is interesting.

Mr. Diorno sums it up nicely for this onlooker.

Voted for the silly option ... mostly because a grown man using the term silly is amusing to me for some reason.

I believe the process by which this affaire was handled highlights the frustration the CN "commoner" feels about the game. It took days of backroom dealing and wheeling by a select few people who excluded everyone else from the decision making process. There was no grandstanding, no opportunity to exhert public pressure and the outcome was not satisfactory.

I'm starting to agree with those that state that IRC takes something from the game itself.