GPA-REACH Protectorate Agreement

gpaflag.jpgfic-ddms.gif

GPA-REACH "We Love New Green People" Accords

Preamble

Reaffirming their desire to live in peace with all peoples and and governments, and desiring to strengthen the fabric of peace between their respective alliances,

Desiring further to strengthen their efforts for collective information sharing and mutual aid for the preservation of peace and security throughout the world,

Upon the signing of this treaty, REACH will become a protectorate of the Green Protection Agency (GPA).

ARTICLE I

The High Contracting Parties obligate themselves to desist from any act of violence, any aggressive action, and any attack on each other either individually or jointly with other powers. The High Contracting Parties declare their intent to resolve any issues between the parties through regular diplomatic discourse.

ARTICLE II

The Green Protection Agency affirms its intent to provide REACH with economic and military support, including the assignment of military and economic advisors, access to proprietary GPA produced information and documents, and financial aid in the form of direct funding, technology, and troops.

ARTICLE III

Each High Contracting Party recognizes that an armed attack on either of the Parties in territories now under their respective administrative control, or hereafter recognized by one of the Parties as lawfully brought under the administrative control of the other, would be dangerous to its own peace and safety and declares that it would act to meet the common danger in accordance with its constitutional processes.

ARTICLE IV

The present treaty is concluded in perpetuity, with the proviso that both parties will become unbound from the terms of this treaty seven (7) days after notice of its termination by the cancelling party is given in the form of a public pronouncement from a duly elected or appointed leader of the withdrawing High Contracting Party, to be posted on the main RP board of the Cybernations Forums and the respective forums of the High Contracting Parties.

ARTICLE V

This Treaty shall be ratified by the Green Protection Agency and REACH in accordance with their respective constitutional processes and will come into force when announcements of ratification have been made via public announcement on their respective forums and the Cybernations Forums.

Signed for the GPA,

President: Probablamenteno

Vice President: Thomasj_tx

Minister of Internal Affairs: Utracia

Minister of Defense: Gorbie

Minister of Foreign Affairs: Antonio Salovega VI

Minister of Economics: BrainViolation

Minister of Membership Compliance: wfyoung3

Signed for REACH,

President: Abbot Mortimer

Congrats to the REACH for getting protection from the, green, neutral menace.

How does a protectorate treaty not violate GPA's neutrality?

Don't question just go with it. If you do question it you risk having your brain implode. That is certainly what happened to me because I was confused too. I think they're going on the basis that they're only neutral unless they're put in a position to defend themselves. Being neutral doesn't mean you wont defend yourself, and a protectorate is like a younger member of the family that needs protection from a bully.

Edited by Fireandthepassion

GPA signing a treaty binding it to defend another alliance, kinda unexpected...

I remember when people used to joke about all the neutral alliances creating a block, and how that wouldn't be neutral.

Edit: As GPA gov hasn't confirmed this, it might be a joke.

Edited by Azaghul

Here's what I'm able to determine from my extremely limited and superficial understanding of GPA's charter:

1. The GPA will not enter into any offensive or defensive military agreements with any other Alliance.

As conflicting with:

Each High Contracting Party recognizes that an armed attack on either of the Parties in territories now under their respective administrative control, or hereafter recognized by one of the Parties as lawfully brought under the administrative control of the other, would be dangerous to its own peace and safety and declares that it would act to meet the common danger in accordance with its constitutional processes.

So either this violates GPA's charter, or it has no value as a treaty.

Please have them come here to negotiate a treaty. :)

I don't believe that announcing that a treaty has been signed, and then asking the other alliance to approve it after the fact, is traditionally how things are done.

Although if you're looking for a treaty with GPA, I suggest attempting to annex your one nation, 3 NS alliance into them.