Medieval CNRP

Gnost Dural

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a small pointer.

The numbers for Siege weapons and cavalry are off I think. Ingame one usually has between 0-50(60) aircraft, while one is also able to have thousands of tanks (I currently can own 2000+).

This would result in a kingdom having 250 cavalry units, while also owning, in my case, 500 cannons/trebuchets/ballistas or what ever!

I propose switching these values.

Cavalry, like Cataphracts or contemporary knights are based off of your tanks (divided or not is up to you guys, but I think undivided is good enough IMO) while siege weapons are based off of direct aircraft amounts.

Just a small pointer.

The numbers for Siege weapons and cavalry are off I think. Ingame one usually has between 0-50(60) aircraft, while one is also able to have thousands of tanks (I currently can own 2000+).

This would result in a kingdom having 250 cavalry units, while also owning, in my case, 500 cannons/trebuchets/ballistas or what ever!

I propose switching these values.

Cavalry, like Cataphracts or contemporary knights are based off of your tanks (divided or not is up to you guys, but I think undivided is good enough IMO) while siege weapons are based off of direct aircraft amounts.

You know, that's a good idea. I agree with this, and I think we should set it like this:

Cavalry = Strict IG Tank number

Siege Weapons = Strict IG Aircraft Number

You know, that's a good idea. I agree with this, and I think we should set it like this:

Cavalry = Strict IG Tank number

Siege Weapons = Strict IG Aircraft Number

Both should be the max available, mainly because most of us do not want to be militarized IG for a RP on the forums. Still strict, but not forcing people to harm their IG nation for RP.

Well, my whole point was, in a medieval nation, one would never see more siege weapons fielded than cavalry.

I'd imagine larger nations would want the Aircraft X 5 multiplier for siege, while max IG, not actual IG, multiplied by an arbitrary value be the number for cavalry.

EDIT: In fact, why not base all military values off the MAX opposed to the ACTUAL values IG, wrt Voodoo's comment.

Edited by Executive Minister

I use max rather than strict.

Max is allowed because its not right for a CN nation ot have to militarize just for a story RP, if you want to that's fine. But we can calculate max troops anyways. However, there are no multipliers with troops, so if you have max 60,000 troops, you have 60,000 infantry in the RP. Also, Sargun I liked either yours or EM's cannon thing and edited that for our RP. I'm using that interpretation now.

I don't think anything else is needed here.

Except the part where I say I was clarifying what your claim will encompass. I'd also appreciate it if you'd try not to act like an asshat each time we speak. I do not need to be constantly reminded of not reading things, Particularly when such comments don;'t apply and are irrelevant.

Both should be the max available, mainly because most of us do not want to be militarized IG for a RP on the forums. Still strict, but not forcing people to harm their IG nation for RP.

We already do, slightly. RP influences what we buy, what we keep, and what we decom.

OOC: Fine. But this rule is going to pose problems. What if Sargun wanted to invade me and I said no for the simple fact hes bigger than me O_o.. Actually I'll redirect this in the Map thread

Quoting from Marquis Chris 1's thread, this is why wars need to be planned because chances are you would not cooperate to create a fair and productive war. All that would result is someone quitting and taking the other's land and pages upon pages of OOC slander, !@#$%*ing and complaining. Planning wars will allow for better story, better quality and a more integrated community. In all, it makes for better RP because it reduces the amount of random wars and the complaints and OOC rants that ensue.

EDIT: And example is the war going on in Finland right now. That is a great example of how things are supposed to go down.

Edited by Gnost Dural