The creation of Tech Sellers Union of CN

Keve69

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

d) All unfulfilled deals will be considered the sole responsibility of the alliance orchestrating the deal in the first place. Neither other signatories nor the TSU may be held responsible for these failings.

Question: are you considering the alliance of the buyer (who fills out the forms) to be the one to be the one "orchestrating" the deal? Or the alliance which the seller is in?

In my experience the only unreliable or dodgy dealing in tech deals has been on the part of the seller. I've never known of a seller complain that the buyer didn't pay up as agreed, while anyone who has participated as a buyer in more than 10 tech deals will probably have found themselves ripped off at least once with either late tech, a deliberate scam or inactivity on the part of the seller. Therefore, it seems odd to me that it would be necessary for tech sellers to band together like this for security, seeing as they generally get the cushy end of the stick most of the time.

Maybe this will prove to increase the reliability on the part of the tech sellers, which would be a welcome improvement from my point of view.

As much as it pains me, I agree with this individual. In my experience, it's the sellers who either steal the money outright or go inactive that cause more tech deals to go bad than anything the buyers do. If you can cut down on tech seller misbehavior, then your Union may be something to look into.

As much as it pains me, I agree with this individual. In my experience, it's the sellers who either steal the money outright or go inactive that cause more tech deals to go bad than anything the buyers do. If you can cut down on tech seller misbehavior, then your Union may be something to look into.

Like I told the previously concerned gentleman from TOP I agree! Thats one of the things we are trying to eradicate...

Like I told the previously concerned gentleman from TOP I agree! Thats one of the things we are trying to eradicate...

I really do like this idea, and I hope you can find a way to solve the problem. Best of luck to TSU. Maybe I'll find myself there with Nevermore in the future.

Yeah, I'm not particularly interested, though.

I mean, I understand the gravity of it, especially if they truly can churn out a near 100% efficiency rate, but...Meh. -_-

The control of a significant portion of the seller's market can be used to artificially inflate demand. It's sort of the same way a monopoly works in economics. If you control an essential resource, you can charge whatever price you want for it. Of course, any control this consortium achieves will be only partial, but the expansion of the consortium will be driven by self interests of smaller nations. It seems likely to me that this may lead to conflict, possibly even to war. I am glad to see market forces start to arise in CN though, it will make the game a lot more interesting.

The control of a significant portion of the seller's market can be used to artificially inflate demand. It's sort of the same way a monopoly works in economics. If you control an essential resource, you can charge whatever price you want for it. Of course, any control this consortium achieves will be only partial, but the expansion of the consortium will be driven by self interests of smaller nations. It seems likely to me that this may lead to conflict, possibly even to war. I am glad to see market forces start to arise in CN though, it will make the game a lot more interesting.

Londo.

Give me some credit.

That only applies if they're able to legitimately put out enough product to be able to exert such an effect, which I realize. And remain uninterested in.

Londo.

Give me some credit.

That only applies if they're able to legitimately put out enough product to be able to exert such an effect, which I realize. And remain uninterested in.

Our current orders already place us over 165k tech. Thats just in the first few hours of this announcement. B)