Athens Government Announcement

Sir Paul

I believe the rule is no ZI'ing, so ZI would indeed be an exception, deserved by the heinous act of engaging in 17 wars. Outrageous, and a complete waste of good Athenian resources! :ph34r:

You obviously don't know how Athens works. Why, they simply kick out the nation that committed such a heinous act. Then after a week to maybe a month, recruit them and accept them back into the ranks. It's all part of a rehabilitation process. Very complex work.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously don't know how Athens works. Why, they simply kick out the nation that committed such a heinous act. Then after a week to maybe a month, recruit them and accept them back into the ranks. It's all part of a rehabilitation process. Very complex work.
Ah, forgive me. It is all very hard for a simple, mindless Pacifican such as myself to understand, but I will try to make sense of it.

...ah, I see. I must say, that is nothing short of pure brilliance! Bravo Athens, no wonder you can grow your strength in the middle of such a fierce war! o/

I believe the rule is no ZI'ing, so ZI would indeed be an exception, deserved by the heinous act of engaging in 17 wars. Outrageous, and a complete waste of good Athenian resources! :ph34r:

I do believe you are getting a single ZI mixed up with PZI/EZI.

Its scary how true that is.

Judging by this thread, I couldn't ask for better allies. Grats to RoK, VE, and OV for not only topping this list, but the list inscribed on my heart.

I couldnt agree more, after fighting with some folks from Rok against IRON its no wonder they top lists like this

Meh.

Pingu already pointed out some flaws, those should be changed in your sheet.

We started the war with about 115 members. However, after adding another 100 members, you would expect wars to spike toward the end of the conflict, not peeter out to virtually nothing.

Wait, Sir Paul ignored some blatant fallacies that went against his propaganda? Are you serious? Im shocked. Its almost like it was propaganda.

Stumpy, some people actually hold the opinion that you are not allowed to say that, because then 'you are taking a joke thread too seriously'...

Edited by Tromp

Stumpy, some people actually hold the opinion that you are not allowed to say that, because then 'you are taking a joke thread to seriously'...

Or, in this case, latching on to one minor detail in an attempt to distract from the main points. Same thing.

We started the war with about 115 members. However, after adding another 100 members, you would expect wars to spike toward the end of the conflict, not peeter out to virtually nothing.

Or the merger happened near the end of the war, and Pacifican nations where tending not to be in range anymore or in peace mode.

Yes. Staggering sucked. yadda yadda yadda

Edited by Jgoods45

Or the merger happened near the end of the war, and Pacifican nations where tending not to be in range anymore or in peace mode.

Yes. Staggering sucked. yadda yadda yadda

I must reiterate this, when DE and Athens merged there were no nations we could attack apart the tinsy little ones who couldn't hit peace mode, there was not much the extra 100 or so members could add to our offensive war count. Plus we had a lot of lousy members between us who were too lazy to attack in the lower ranks, so the 219 members at the end of the war fell to 180 after a month of ghostbusting and trimming the fat.

All in all, Athens and Londo Mollari played a critical role in the war, our allies and everyone from the NPO front know this and they are the only people we need to prove ourselves to.

I personally fought in 5 offensive and 4 defensive wars over two war cycles while in Athens, and I certainly wasn't alone out there. Besides basing Athens' war slot percentages over the whole war off their much larger member count from the end of it, your numbers themselves are suspect.

June 28, 2009

Athens: 9 offensive wars or 2.38% of available slots

July 4, 2009

Athens: 8 offensive wars or 1.20% of available slots

July 9, 2009

Athens: 6 offensive wars or 0.86 % of available slots

During that period I had full offensive war slots and recall there being nearly a full 40 count page of wars in the Athens statistics. If you have screen shots to back up your claims it would be appreciated, otherwise this one step ahead of the truth per your other writings.

it works to im not as bad as i used to be