Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

AlmightyGrub

See guys, he accidently tried to obtain the founder password for #polaris using brute force methods.

It was an accident.

An accident.

Accident.

What? There is no way in hell I tried to do that.

I'd like to see some evidence please, back up for claims of me hacking, because I have no idea what you're claiming hacking is.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the IRC Admins agree that it was the companion and was therefore not him hacking, I think he should be let off easier then a ZI, then again, it's NpO's decision and they could honestly ZI him for basically no reason if they wanted.

However, if the IRC Admins disagree with his claim, well, he's banned from IRC, and whatever you do is what you do and he had his chance, etc, etc.

Actually, the Admin's don't disagree, because I haven't been able to speak to them.

I said "if" for a reason. Also, if you haven't talked to them, they couldn't have agreed either. Just pointing out the other side there. I also mentioned "if they agree" for a reason.

Do you have a better suggestion for this matter or your only purpose is act like a idiot?

A better suggestion than having him banned from Coldfront for hacking channels there? No, I don't. Seems like a good way to prevent him from hacking channels on Coldfront again.

Edited by Sal Paradise

It's not only you who can ask for evidence. Isn't it a little convenient that "a companion you haven't used in a long time" happened to go "haywire" now?

The IRC companion for some reason goes into a tab of it's own when you open up IRC and when it started screwing up on me when I was in Polaris, I decided to not use it and must've forgotten to remove all the channels, turns out I did.

I can't even find an Admin to contact, so it's seeming pretty frivolous right now.

I believe Ursarkar, but in my opinion Polar are justified in doing whatever they want, now that Grub has issued the zero tolerance policy.

Ursarkar, if you need help contacting the IRCops, I'd be happy to help.

Also, Jesus people, be a bit more kind hearted sometimes..

I believe Ursarkar, but in my opinion Polar are justified in doing whatever they want, now that Grub has issued the zero tolerance policy.

[02:21] <IRCcop> This is Coldfront. I know my way around scripts. This was not a script going haywire. Coldfront values it's users privacy and security.

Edited by Fireandthepassion

I think you are failing to see their side of the story here, Francesca. Look at it from their point of view: You have a guy who's been known to spy/do other things against you and your friends. You are contacted by an IRCop saying he tried to hack your alliance's private channels. What are you going to think? You know he's lied before (still in NpO's shoes here, bear with me) and know he'll try anything to get out of the punishment. Are you really going to believe anything he says? Probably not, actually, most likely not, really, you're probably even less likely to believe it than a snowball coming out of a flaming pit of doom. You're probably going to wait until someone like an IRCop or IRC admin comes and says "oh hey, our mistake, he wasn't hacking" or something.

I am not going to state which side of the fence I am on, I just think that it's important that everyone see both sides, and I know you better than most of these other people so I can respond to yours more than I can respond to theirs.

Edited by Asriel Belacqua

Another person who doesn't read both sides.

When one of the sides is you doing something in the same spirit as previous actions, and the other is...Well, a freak occurrence not supported by the evidence by the other side, than clearly there's justification for disregarding one side.

I mean, in all honesty, reality isn't a compromise between two conflicting views, it's what happened. If what happens contradicts your story, that makes you a liar, it doesn't make you a victim of someones bias towards fact.

I think you are failing to see their side of the story here, Francesca. Look at it from their point of view: You have a guy who's been known to spy/do other things against you and your friends. You are contacted by an IRCop saying he tried to hack your alliance's private channels. What are you going to think? You know he's lied before (still in NpO's shoes here, bear with me) and know he'll try anything to get out of the punishment. Are you really going to believe anything he says? Probably not, actually, most likely not, really, you're probably even less likely to believe it than a snowball coming out of a flaming pit of doom. You're probably going to wait until someone like an IRCop or IRC admin comes and says "oh hey, our mistake, he wasn't hacking" or something.

I am not going to state which side of the fence I am on, I just think that it's important that everyone see both sides, and I know you better than most of these other people so I can respond to yours more than I can respond to theirs.

What I'm saying is that I understand why Polar don't believe Ursarkar, and thus they are justified in doing whatever they want, because of the zero tolerance policy. I said I believed him.... but that log from werewolf is disheartening, to say the least.

I've gone to the IRCop website and stated my side, hopefully I will get an answer back soon with some help.

This was truly a mistake and I assure you I did not try and hack anyone at any time.

Werewolf obviously does not know his way around scripts and obviously doesn't like letting people give their side of the story.

I honestly think someone is framing me for this, I'd like to see some god damn proof instead of you people just saying I did it.

Ursarkar, the IRCops informed NpO of your attempts. I'm sure this is enough proof. NpO doesn't go around ZIing people for no reason you know, and the IRC corps don't ban people for no reason. Do the math

Edited by Skippy

What I'm saying is that I understand why Polar don't believe Ursarkar, and thus they are justified in doing whatever they want, because of the zero tolerance policy. I said I believed him.... but that log from werewolf is disheartening, to say the least.

Ah, my mistake, misread your post then I guess. I thought you were saying Polar could do this simply because of that zero tolerance thing, but did not realize you were referring to this case as a possible, or believable breach in their minds.

That log from Werewolf, well, let's just say it was enlightening, saw that after my post.

Well done Ursarkar, you just sunk to a new low.

Seriously, how pathetic can you be in your "I don't know what was going on, I accidentally tried to obtain founder passwords for multiple channels" defense?

Man up and tell the truth for once...

[17:40] <IRCop> One of my scripts alerted me to a possible malicious attack against a wide range of channels. Upon checking the logs, I saw the user 'Ursarkar' had attempted to brute force the passwords for several user channels, belonging to the CN NPO alliance and the CN NpO alliance. I alerted the owners of the channels that were hit, and then proceeded to query user 'Ursarkar' for more information. He did not respond, so I issued a temporary ban for se

[17:40] <IRCop> curity. Four minutes later, the user bypassed the ban, which caused an automatic 30 day ban to be applied for ban evading. I have been getting queries suggesting it was a rogue script. A script, even rogue, does not attempt to gain chanserv owner access of several secret channels. Coldfront accepts appeals, but the evidence presented so far is not favorable toward accident.

I think this will suffice

Edited by Skippy

The IRC companion for some reason goes into a tab of it's own when you open up IRC and when it started screwing up on me when I was in Polaris, I decided to not use it and must've forgotten to remove all the channels, turns out I did.

I can't even find an Admin to contact, so it's seeming pretty frivolous right now.

The haywire companion explanation is inconsistent with the evidence. As you allege, the companion was last used 9 months ago when you were still in Polaris. The channels hacked include those you couldn't possibly have had in a companion let alone known about at that point in time (specifically secure Pacifican channels as shown in the logs above). That's all I'm going to say in public. Concerned members of the peanut gallery can contact me in private if they so desire.

Ursarkar, you'll be free to go at ZI if you decide to stick around.

Edited by Penguin

I've gone to the IRCop website and stated my side, hopefully I will get an answer back soon with some help.

This was truly a mistake and I assure you I did not try and hack anyone at any time.

Werewolf obviously does not know his way around scripts and obviously doesn't like letting people give their side of the story.

I would guess he probably would know. And the expanded logs show a more detailed explanation of his reasoning. I have listened to both sides and personally I think you deserve whatever you damn well get.

This is ridiculous, I have no malicious intend towards Polaris or Pacifica, I have absolutely no need to.

I'd like to get in contact with him, but I can't get on IRC. I evaded the ban to try and talk to him and was then re-banned when I talked to him.

This is the last reply I'll make because I'm tired of repeating myself.

Best of luck with CN everyone. Even the Polars and the Pacificans even though they want blood.

I've tried my best to defend myself, but once again, I'm not listened to.

This is ridiculous, I have no malicious intend towards Polaris or Pacifica, I have absolutely no need to.

I'd like to get in contact with him, but I can't get on IRC. I evaded the ban to try and talk to him and was then re-banned when I talked to him.

This is the last reply I'll make because I'm tired of repeating myself.

Best of luck with CN everyone. Even the Polars and the Pacificans even though they want blood.

I've tried my best to defend myself, but once again, I'm not listened to.

See you at your next re-roll!