SLCB Harboring Rogues?

Jorost

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had of read the whole thread you would know reps were paid when we were offered a reasonable figure as opposed to paying probably over 10x the damages caused per nation.
have you even read the thread?

we refused to pay their first offer. they made a second offer, and we gladly paid what was a fair amount.

<ogodai> We've come to a consensus that given the tiny amount of damage dealt by Kurt, reps aren't really necessary and probably a waste of aid.

<Waltar|Invicta> I'm sorry, but I disagree. Reps are required. Your member attacked, your member needs to pay for that.

<Waltar|Invicta> 3m is rather on the small side, actually. My gov wanted me to ask for more, but I'm trying to be polite.

<ogodai> Well, very sorry.

Eventually after trying to perpetuate what was really a very minor incident. There is a big difference between saying "we think the figure is unfair" to "we think the damage is to insignificant for reps". As I said grow a pair and just start the war instead of trying to make purple go on the aggressive, we all know who the aggressors are you aren't fooling anyone. Those that support you are those that find you meekly amusing and they will probably roll with you whether it's purple who strikes first or not. If they won't support you in your aggressive action then they should shut stop running there mouths off all over this forum.

"As long as your having fun right" :rolleyes:

pathetic.

should be more like this :

a. overwelming retaliatory strikes on raider

b. reperation DEMANDS are presented as retaliatory strikes continue

c. outright refusal to do anything of the sort

d. alliance wide blitz with even higher reps DEMANDED

you all just do it wrong.

You all should heed this. B)

again:

have you people seriously never heard of negotiating? i mean seriously.

sometimes it goes something like this:

a. initial offer

b. outright refusal to do anything of the sort

c. time passes

d. second offer

e. solution

again I say, also, that invicta gave us a reparations number at about 5 oclock server time. that number was rejected and we took a hardline stance that we weren't paying any reps due to the way certain invicta gov't members had treated us from the outset of the rogue incident. waltar is aware of these actions and has apologized for such. So yes, we did outright reject the thought of paying any and all reps as a negotiating tactic.

I further remind people that less than SIX hours passed between us rejecting the first reparations demand and the posting of this thread. Six. Hours.

I will also point out (again) that our negotiation tactics got us exactly what we wanted - a real, reasonable number - a number which we happily paid.

you may not LIKE the negotiation tactics, and that's fine with me. I don't really care whether you, or anyone else, like them or not. The simple fact remains, however, that they worked.

I'm guessing that you'll never come to me and ask me if I like how you negotiate. Same goes for us. ^_^

The problem is, you didn't mention to me until after the reps had been paid that this was

due to the way certain invicta gov't members had treated us from the outset of the rogue incident.

I'm letting it go, though. We're done with this situation. Til we meet again...

Edited by Waltar

I was 8-9 pages behind... oh lord.

I am not sure exactly what difference the missing lines in the OP are supposed to make.

The full logs that Timtacious posted show ogodai initially agreeing that 3M per nation sounds reasonable, and then returning later and saying that no reps will be paid. This is all that was claimed in the OP.

No, it showed him rejecting reps before even hearing a figure.

Doctored?

I say Condensed

Jor never said that these were the full logs, they were quotes of the converstion.

Those were ogodai's words.

So if you quote people you are doctoring logs?

This brings to mind the book vs the movie of Eragon.

This has been going on literally since I started playing this game in '06. My name is Ogodai. O. G. O. D. A. I. Not Ogadai. Not woggydie. Not Oh Go Die. Not Oh Good Day.

It's six letters for god's sake. It's frankly UNACCEPTABLE to misspell it.

Hi srqt!

Can I still call you ogopogo?

Give me a break.

I posted those log snippets exactly as they were given to me. I didn't make any edits. It turns out that apparently there was a line out of order. But it's not like it changes the fundamental meaning.

I refer you to the words of Mark Twain, who said "Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence." In other words, I'm not a scoundrel – just an idiot!

Wait... That's not really better...

Read how everyone's been saying they interpreted it.

(OOC: ALSO LOL I FOUND ALL MY GIJOE CHARACTERS :lol1: )

I think I'm done plus it's am.

Edit: how did I write OPS instead of reps? Yes bed sounds good.

Edited by imbored24470

That's not an impression, that's what it physically did. It took the last line of the conversation, put it first and removed all references to SLCB actually considering the situation. Reordering things and cutting out lines in the middle of conversations completely changes the meaning of those conversations. Hell, that log isn't even all from the same conversation. That's not editing for length. Editing for length involves removing unrelated material and showing where the gaps are. Taking the words of a conversation and rearranging them so they say what you want them to say is not editing for length.

I encourage people not to overlook this post lest Cupcakery's stage 2 plan of the future war be somewhat altered.

So, once again, Invicta started to look a little better until Haflinger showed up.

Are you guys paying him to turn Invicta into GGA's replacement? Because... you know how that ended for them, right?

hahahaha, I'm sorry I had to, and you fellows want to know why maroon just rocks, were all !@#$%^&* and have no problems telling you. :lol1:

Eventually after trying to perpetuate what was really a very minor incident. There is a big difference between saying "we think the figure is unfair" to "we think the damage is to insignificant for reps". As I said grow a pair and just start the war instead of trying to make purple go on the aggressive, we all know who the aggressors are you aren't fooling anyone. Those that support you are those that find you meekly amusing and they will probably roll with you whether it's purple who strikes first or not. If they won't support you in your aggressive action then they should shut stop running there mouths off all over this forum.

"As long as your having fun right" :rolleyes:

pathetic.

I quote this man because he has shown everyone the way out of Wonderland. Also because he speaks truth.

imbored24470: Your new avatar awaits you...

Down_the_Rabbit_Hole.png

I can't believe this thread has gotten this long. I figured 2-3 pages at the most, and then something new would come along to capture people's attention. WTF?!? Is the situation in Bob so dull right now that this is the best we can do? Or is this "Purple Cold War" just a lot more interesting than I think?

At this point it would be a downright shame not to make it to 30 pages!

Logs doctored to make another alliance look bad...

LOL. You give me too much credit.

Besides, in my experience the Stickmen alliances don't need anyone's help to make them look bad. They seem to do a fine job of that all by themselves!

(I'm sorry. That was just too good an opening to resist!)

Oh, and...

No U.

:)

EDIT: Dammit I was sure that would bring us to 30!

Edited by Jorost

LOL. You give me too much credit.

Besides, in my experience the Stickmen alliances don't need anyone's help to make them look bad. They seem to do a fine job of that all by themselves!

(I'm sorry. That was just too good an opening to resist!)

Oh, and...

No U.

:)

EDIT: Dammit I was sure that would bring us to 30!

Oh, I see! The logs just doctored themselves! It all makes sense now! Invicta was entirely innocent, not lower than things I scrape off the bottom of my shoe like we all thought!

Ugh, Jorost. The world knows you doctored the logs. The world knows you did it on purpose. You're being absolutely pathetic. Give it up, stop posting, and god willing, maybe this mutual dislike can thaw a little.
Oh, I see! The logs just doctored themselves! It all makes sense now! Invicta was entirely innocent, not lower than things I scrape off the bottom of my shoe like we all thought!

Clearly, we shouldn't take Waltar at his word that Jorost had no knowledge of it, and that it was a mistake and he apologized for it completely and took the blame. Clearly Waltar has not been said by SLCB to be a good guy within this thread, so we should definitely believe what he said is a lie, and Jorost doctored the logs.

*sigh*

Clearly Jorost doctored the logs.

*sigh*

No, he just cut some parts out of them that were pretty crucial.

See how i illustrated that???

Oh man, that's slick.

ALSO: KIDDING BOB - JUST KIDDING....

Edited by porksaber