SLCB Harboring Rogues?

Jorost

Then why didn't you just give us the whole thing? It's not like it's a 500-line conversation, and you were cutting out irrelevant parts to shorten the time it takes to read it. This was done deliberately.

The Acting President gave you the whole thing. If it was done deliberately, do you really think he would have?

Nah. We'd be all of conspiring revenge on Timtacious for foiling our evil plans if this was the case. Possibly figuring out ways of putting him in this poster.

MeddlingKidsPoster%20for%20geek%20speak.jpg

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Acting President gave you the whole thing. If it was done deliberately, do you really think he would have?

Nah. We'd be all of conspiring revenge on Timtacious for foiling our evil plans if this was the case. Possibly figuring out ways of putting him in this poster.

MeddlingKidsPoster%20for%20geek%20speak.jpg

Well yeah, I'm pretty sure he had to after the cover was blown off the whole thing. You re-arranged the logs to make it appear SLCB's first reaction was "no" before even hearing your case, which paints them in a significantly worse light.

This was not the intent of the OP. I'm sorry if that impression was produced by it.

That's not an impression, that's what it physically did. It took the last line of the conversation, put it first and removed all references to SLCB actually considering the situation. Reordering things and cutting out lines in the middle of conversations completely changes the meaning of those conversations. Hell, that log isn't even all from the same conversation. That's not editing for length. Editing for length involves removing unrelated material and showing where the gaps are. Taking the words of a conversation and rearranging them so they say what you want them to say is not editing for length.

Edited by Delta1212

Well yeah, I'm pretty sure he had to after the cover was blown off the whole thing. You re-arranged the logs to make it appear SLCB's first reaction was "no" before even hearing your case, which paints them in a significantly worse light.

(Sorry for double post)

We know, Penkala. We said so a few pages back. Non-issue. They acknowledge it, we don't care about it. MDP coming soon.

Edit: Sigh.

Edited by A Soviet Attack

(Sorry for double post)

We know, Penkala. We said so a few pages back. Non-issue. They acknowledge it, we don't care about it. MDP coming soon.

Edit: Sigh.

Thanks for the re-assurances, but while you may not care, I do. If you weren't trying to make this look bad for SLBC and were just trying to condense them I'm sure you would have included "Oct 28 18:22:56 <ogodai> We've come to a consensus that given the tiny amount of damage dealt by Kurt, reps aren't really necessary and probably a waste of aid." too.

Edited by Penkala

This has been going on literally since I started playing this game in '06. My name is Ogodai. O. G. O. D. A. I. Not Ogadai. Not woggydie. Not Oh Go Die. Not Oh Good Day.

It's six letters for god's sake. It's frankly UNACCEPTABLE to misspell it.

Hi srqt!

:awesome: I feel your pain.

Edited by KingSrqt

Give me a break.

I posted those log snippets exactly as they were given to me. I didn't make any edits. It turns out that apparently there was a line out of order. But it's not like it changes the fundamental meaning.

I refer you to the words of Mark Twain, who said "Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence." In other words, I'm not a scoundrel – just an idiot!

Wait... That's not really better...

have you people seriously never heard of negotiating? i mean seriously.

sometimes it goes something like this:

a. initial offer

b. outright refusal to do anything of the sort

c. time passes

d. second offer

e. solution

what is this, amateur hour?

should be more like this :

a. overwelming retaliatory strikes on raider

b. reperation DEMANDS are presented as retaliatory strikes continue

c. outright refusal to do anything of the sort

d. alliance wide blitz with even higher reps DEMANDED

you all just do it wrong.

That's not an impression, that's what it physically did. It took the last line of the conversation, put it first and removed all references to SLCB actually considering the situation. Reordering things and cutting out lines in the middle of conversations completely changes the meaning of those conversations. Hell, that log isn't even all from the same conversation. That's not editing for length. Editing for length involves removing unrelated material and showing where the gaps are. Taking the words of a conversation and rearranging them so they say what you want them to say is not editing for length.

In 27 pages, there hasn't been a goddamn thing as glorious as this post.

In 27 pages, there hasn't been a goddamn thing as glorious as this post.

Yep. Delta could have also pointed out how they removed the timestamps as would be necessary to make it appear in order, or how they didn't include the one line Ogodai said (that essentially laid out why they wouldn't pay reps), because it included an explanation from SLCB that made sense and didn't make them look as evil.

Yep. Delta could have also pointed out how they removed the timestamps as would be necessary to make it appear in order, or how they didn't include the one line Ogodai said (that essentially laid out why they wouldn't pay reps), because it included an explanation from SLCB that made sense and didn't make them look as evil.

But SLCB is evil D:

I refer you to the words of Mark Twain, who said "Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately be explained by incompetence." In other words, I'm not a scoundrel – just an idiot!

I have to say that, after reading this thread, you do seem to be one of the more skilled diplomats in Invicta.

Regards, Jan Doedel.

Edited by Jan Doedel

Doctored?

I say Condensed

Jor never said that these were the full logs, they were quotes of the converstion.

Those were ogodai's words.

So if you quote people you are doctoring logs?

He presented something someone else said out of the conversation's context, trying to make the other party look bad (deliberately) by omitting certain sentences.

You need a doctor if you don't call that doctoring with logs.

In other words; if you want to pull an Ephie, you should try harder en better.

Edited by erikz