Quite Possibly an Endorsement

If you had a protectorate who, for instance, signed an MADP with NPO the day before the Karma war, I guess you'd be pretty pissed off.

Ya I'd be pissed, but I'm not going to bar them from doing it (nor could I, really. You can't literally stop someone from being friend with someone else). If they had the balls to charge head first into Karma to defend NPO, then I would respect their commitment to their friends (no matter who their friends are). The legal ramifications of such a move would be a pain to figure out, and who knows if we would still keep them as our protectorate (they did treaty up with somebody on the other side, after all), but I would never do anything to control another alliance's policies, foreign or domestic.

doing something like that is just so...well...dickish.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I'd be pissed, but I'm not going to bar them from doing it (nor could I, really. You can't literally stop someone from being friend with someone else). If they had the balls to charge head first into Karma to defend NPO, then I would respect their commitment to their friends (no matter who their friends are). The legal ramifications of such a move would be a pain to figure out, and who knows if we would still keep them as our protectorate (they did treaty up with somebody on the other side, after all), but I would never do anything to control another alliance's policies, foreign or domestic.

doing something like that is just so...well...dickish.

Can't stop them, but if you write your treaty properly the legal ramifications get a lot easier to handle.

Can't stop them, but if you write your treaty properly the legal ramifications get a lot easier to handle.

How would you write a treaty to prepare for such a thing? Going to war with your protectorates MADP partner by activating another allied treaty is not really something that most people prepare for when writing a protectorate agreement.

Based on current trends in treaty writing, more than likely something would have to be canceled or broken by somebody, and nobody would go home happy. No alliance likes to be put into a position where they have to choose one ally over another.

There is an unwritten agreement between the governments of alliances that alliance members are off limits for most kinds of pms from outside parties.

i would never write such an agreement.

i would never unwrite an agreement such as this either.

in conclusion, vote for Michiel de Ruyter for purple senate.

*edit* - WOOT! 30 pages and haflinger still ain't gettin it.

Edited by porksaber

Purple Civil War for All Hallows Eve?

Liking most of the people in Purple that would make me sad.... unless a certain grouping was rolled completely.

;)

I don't think even Michiel De Ruyter can completely destroy PEACE, sorry.

Also, Schrodinger incoming? This will be great.

The very notion that (one leader of a nation contacting a leader of another nation and seeking common ground on a democratically elected position) <-- this....constitutes a breach of ANYONE'S sovereignty, is absolutely foolish. Contacting someone is not a violation in any way, shape, or form. If an alliance's(or bloc's) leadership is so inept that they cannot motivate their members to support their efforts, then they have nobody to blame but themselves. I applaud the efforts of Stickmen for trying to educate the rest of Purple, that NO, their little bloc does NOT have an admin given right to hold sway over the purple senate.

Edited by Rush Sykes

The very notion that (one leader of a nation contacting a leader of another nation and seeking common ground on a democratically elected position) <-- this....constitutes a breach of ANYONE'S sovereignty, is absolutely foolish. Contacting someone is not a violation in any way, shape, or form. If an alliance's(or bloc's) leadership is so inept that they cannot motivate their members to support their efforts, then they have nobody to blame but themselves. I applaud the efforts of Stickmen for trying to educate the rest of Purple, that NO, their little bloc does NOT have an admin given right to hold sway over the purple senate.

It's a good thing that we don't think that then. ;)

Really, sometimes...

Really, sometimes...

According to a good part of the bloc, Stickmen have violated your sovereignty by asking your members to give voting for our candidate a thought.

Edited by Unavailable Contact

I don't think even Michiel De Ruyter can completely destroy PEACE, sorry.

Also, Schrodinger incoming? This will be great.

Allow me to tell you a story.

One day, I was walking down the road, when I heard a massive skin-to-skin contact around the corner. Thinking obviously Mr T once again found a defenseless victim, I turned to run. I hadn't even turned a fourth of a pi before de Ruyter was in front of me. He didn't even speak, but conveyed a message that because I was a stickman and had voted for him, I was a friend, and should not fear his wrath. He also was kind enough to advise me not to look at what had happened around the corner, as it wasn't pretty.

Conclusion:

Vote for de Ruyter.

Really, sometimes...

I have to correct you here a bit. Your initial argument was:

Let's go through this for the ten thousandth time, shall we? :facepalm: Haf's argument was that they should have specified they were asking people to vote for a Stickmen candidate, as we specify in our messages that we're asking them to vote for a PEACE candidate, and that the ambiguity on their part can be interpreted as an official message from us by the more inactive, laidback nations in our larger alliances (OOC: people who spend 10 minutes a week on the game). They responded by saying that it's our nation's fault that they weren't able to discern this themselves and that any misplaced votes are the sole fault of the voter.

Which really makes one wonder, if I were to go spam, say, IRON with target lists for ODN nations, and some members didn't bother to fact-check and simply declared, would I be absolved of any possible guilt?

+

<Haflinger> I consider your spam messages an attempt to impersonate PEACE government officials.

<Haflinger> Impersonating alliance government is an act of war, however.

Conclusion: You have committed an act of war.

According to a good part of the bloc, Stickmen have violated your sovereignty by asking your members to give voting for our candidate a thought.
Wait, what? Are you really saying that the majority of the PEACE posters have said it is NOT a violation of your soverignty?

I have yet to see a single member of PEACE say that you do not have a right to hold to a senate seat. I don't believe I've ever heard one say that. What did our friend Rush say?

I applaud the efforts of Stickmen for trying to educate the rest of Purple, that NO, their little bloc does NOT have an admin given right to hold sway over the purple senate.

We don't. We've affirmed this. Out problem has never been with your intent or goal, but rather your methods. If you could elect a senator without messaging AA's who have not consented to recieving them, I would personally congratulate you on a job well done.

Now, as to the issue of violation of sovereignty. I've heard that more out of others' mouths than out of actual PEACE members, and quite honestly I'm not even sure how the word got brought up, it doesn't seem terribly relevant. Regardless, it is not a violation of sovereignty, but of ettiquette. And yes, I would still hold that you are asking our members to violate treaty-bound comittments, whatever you may take that to mean.

I have to correct you here a bit. Your initial argument was:

+

LOL, I am glad you posted this my FAN friend, I missed both of those tidbits. Its hilarious to equate a senate a vote with target lists to incite a war. Absurd really. And the little thing at the end, that these messages constitued an act of war, are you flipping kidding me? WAR? Seeking a senate vote? Because they didnt ID who the candidate was? Purple is the lulz.

Edited by Rush Sykes

Wait, what? Are you really saying that the majority of the PEACE posters have said it is NOT a violation of your soverignty?

Yes.

The objection is to dishonesty in the messages themselves. Has always been. If the messages clearly identified the source and described who the person they were advocating for was, I wouldn't have a problem with them.

We don't object to information, but rather to disinformation.

Yes.

The objection is to dishonesty in the messages themselves. Has always been. If the messages clearly identified the source and described who the person they were advocating for was, I wouldn't have a problem with them.

We don't object to information, but rather to disinformation.

Because the box saying who it is sent from totally doesn't identify the person. Are you really saying your members are that stupid?